Patch these for SSF4 AE!

1293031323335»

Comments

• ZuranthusZuranthus Joined: Posts: 307
    that EX dive of T Hawks is pissin me off, it doesn't bounce back some times
    ·
  • ThundaThunda Joined: Posts: 608
    I dont really understand that either...it usually happens when he hits the lowerbody....catches me off guard sometimes.
    ·
  • mistara90mistara90 Joined: Posts: 50
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncQTdkgQBKA

2:50 yangs s.hk teleport crossup. dirty... so dirty & need to be fixed
    Knees collapsing.
    ·
  • xStingyxStingy Joined: Posts: 293
    Was there ever a fix to that mic issue on PSN? More than 2 mics on at the same time and gets all choppy. If not, how have they avoided fixing it for so long.
    ·
  • ilitiritilitirit Joined: Posts: 5,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fix this BS please:
    http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2011/sep/26/ssf4-ae-air-reset-glitch-renders-opponents-unable-reversal/

It happened to me recently vs a Dudley player. I got reset, he dashed under and my buttons stopped working.
    ·
  • SHODANSHODAN Mmm... Joined: Posts: 118 ✭✭
    Fix this BS please:
    http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2011/sep/26/ssf4-ae-air-reset-glitch-renders-opponents-unable-reversal/

It happened to me recently vs a Dudley player. I got reset, he dashed under and my buttons stopped working.
    Wow, what a weird bug! This is the first I hear of this.

The descriptions I read weren't very clear, so I did some testing. Turns out it has nothing to do with air resets after combos, specific characters, dashing or mashing. It's not random though: the bug occurs when input for any move is registered on the second to last frame of an air reset where the character needs to turn around upon landing.

Before going into details, I should explain that an air reset consists of two parts: air reel and landing frames. Unlike an empty jump, the first landing frame of an air reset can't be cancelled, so, the recovery on it is (air reel + 1) frames. But, unlike anywhere else in the game, there's a single buffer frame at the end of the air reel which applies for all moves. This gives a 2-frame window to immediately perform normals/throws/etc. after air resets. It's this mystery buffer frame that's glitched.

For some reason, turning around has higher priority than any move queued by this special buffer. The buffered input doesn't get cleared, causing the character to become (partially) unresponsive. To get rid of this state, the character needs to do something that clears the action list (perform any move, get hit, dash, jump). The extent of the things that can be done in this bugged state depends on what move got buffered. If it was a normal, you can still do specials/throws/FAs. It's similar to how you can kara cancel a normal into a throw but not into another normal. After a Focus Attack, you can still taunt... yay.
    ·
  • ilitiritilitirit Joined: Posts: 5,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Figured it was something like that. So basically you need to do a move that has higher priority than the one that is buffered? Either way, it's still unacceptable. Against chars who reset you a lot it's not uncommon to want to reversal/tech upon landing. The opponent should not get an advantage just because you pressed a button on the "wrong" frame.
    ·
  • spikerazorshardsspikerazorshards Accurately Appreciated Joined: Posts: 171
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=Mqf03aFIXO4

I just made this video. "A Small Problem with Cammy's Frame Data".
    Please check it out and let me know what you think.
    XBL/PSN name: MikeRazorshards
    YouTube Channel Full of Fuerte Technology: http://www.youtube.com/user/SpikeRazorshards
    ·
  • m16ghostm16ghost Joined: Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭
    I just made this video. "A Small Problem with Cammy's Frame Data".
    Please check it out and let me know what you think.

Fuerte's throw leaves the opponent face downwards. Cammy doesn't get up a frame late on those knockdowns, only when she's face up.
    ·
    It's amazing how little I still know about this game.
    YouTube Channel Full of Fuerte Technology: http://www.youtube.com/user/SpikeRazorshards
    ·
  • RedefinitionVERedefinitionVE 止めだ! Joined: Posts: 58
    Fuerte's throw leaves the opponent face downwards. Cammy doesn't get up a frame late on those knockdowns, only when she's face up.
    Wow, really? Shenanigans.
    ·
    The whole facing down or up when getting knocked down is one of those SF4 concepts I remember reading way back then, but had completely forgotten about.
    ·
  • Reipin PillageReipin Pillage Lover of thigh highs Joined: Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭
    35 pages of patch this, let's see what gets done haha
    "L.RH to your soapbox" - Sosage
    ·
  • cbtdannysaavcbtdannysaav Joined: Posts: 33
    ·
  • SnakeEyes138SnakeEyes138 Joined: Posts: 85
    that EX dive of T Hawks is pissin me off, it doesn't bounce back some times
    sounds like Urien's 3s knee drop. that was extremely punishable but if it hit you right around the bottom of your hitbox, it'd be completely safe even on parry
    ·
  • EvilxLordxOniEvilxLordxOni XBL: xRAINBOWDASHx Joined: Posts: 51
    Please fix Akuma's health. PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!X(
    Yo, I heard you like SRK's so we SRK'd your SRK.
    Burn this Nigga! Chaotic Flame!!!11
    ·
  • beerneobeerneo Fighting Game Scrub Joined: Posts: 18
    I have this weird problem where after I win a match, I lose PP. The game thinks I dced but I didnt. My DC rate is still the same. I am having this problem on the PS3 version. Is anyone experiencing this?
    ·
  • Constantinos182Constantinos182 Joined: Posts: 45
    Bring back the mini fatality (Post K.O hit) :(
    GFWL: Constantinos182 (Sakura)
    XBOX: Dinos182 (Sakura)
    YT: http://www.youtube.com/Constantinos182
    ·
  • saigotosaigoto Joined: Posts: 119
    I'm disappointed they still haven't patched the glitch that allows certain characters to fall out of Chun li's ultra 1 in the corner.
    AE2012: Chun li
    P4A: Mitsuru
    BBCP: Jin, Mi-12
    ·
  • DarkSamusDarkSamus Yet another Ken scrub. Steam = darksamus12 Joined: Posts: 838 ✭✭✭
    PC 1.07 patch has finally released.
    For anyone using GFWL that needs it, here is the 1.07 patch to download.
    *Removed image due to excessively large size*
    ^^LMFAO I guess I can't post pictures of my penis^^
    Perfect For Any Playstation Controller
    ·
  • BalthierBalthier Joined: Posts: 101
    PATCH UNBLOCKABLES, remove them all from the game
    SSF4 AE.2012. Ibuki Player!!
    Twitter: @alvaro_riva

·
  • ShineboxShinebox Joined: Posts: 2,560 ✭✭✭✭
    PATCH UNBLOCKABLES, remove them all from the game

Yes also remove option selects, resets and plinking
    ·
  • sorrowsticksorrowstick Joined: Posts: 253
    GFWL CROSSPLATFORM please~~~

i wonder if I could spar across x-box live and PC-Steam,

since i'm on GFWL....i'm dying to try out new community online port. We do heard there are many so-called pro's and childish scrub on XBL. So i'm looking forward this feature at least next month.
    Yes also remove option selects, resets and plinking

sorry for my noobie question:
    1. what is option select and resets?
    2. are your refering to specific character vs character unblockables?
    trollfighting, guessing game, random mash & taunting are legit...offline or online.
    ·
  • LakercronoLakercrono Joined: Posts: 307
    Bring back the mini fatality (Post K.O hit) :(

Yes, as a blanka player, his far s. lp is a godly beeyotch slap. With all the Blanka hate, I actually got props a couple times for ending the match that way.
    ·
  • WantonxWantonx Mooseknuckle Sammich Joined: Posts: 2,111 ✭✭
    I always wondered the real reason for removing the post ko hit. I loved it in 3s and vanilla
    Having seen Cool Runnings a bunch of years ago, I consider myself a certified bobsledding expert
    XBL : Racetract
    ·
  • Time pantsTime pants Maybe Evil Ryu is just misunderstood? Joined: Posts: 429 ✭✭✭
    I'm disappointed they still haven't patched the glitch that allows certain characters to fall out of Chun li's ultra 1 in the corner.
    I'm disappointed they still haven't patched the glitch that allows Chun li to be a playable character. They've had four years to fix it, for Christ's sake.
    ·
  • Jav1tsJav1ts Joined: Posts: 310
    -Give the ability to select stage in training mode.
    -Rematch button in endless mode 1 vs 1
    ·
  • sorrowsticksorrowstick Joined: Posts: 253
    Please remove 50/50 unblockable projectile.......you know what i mean,
    The gayest (lesbian since this move belongs to ibuki) projectile ever~!!! Cross up kunai..!!
    trollfighting, guessing game, random mash & taunting are legit...offline or online.
    ·
  • M.D.M.D. digs older chicks Joined: Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭
    Learn to reversal DP or get a teleport.
    "I'm deeeeeaaaadd!" - Williams
    UMVC3: Shehulk/Haggar/Thor
    SSF4: Seth, Gen, Zangief
    KOFXIII: Kim Team, Ikari Warriors, Hwa/98 Kyo/Raiden
    ·
  • Duo11Duo11 Joined: Posts: 26
    edited March 2013
    People are going to think I'm a scrub for this but please add a 1 frame input buffer so that I don't have to plink.

Find some way to make Honda/Blanka/Chun possible to play properly on a pad. No reason stick players should have such a huge advantage in being able to do jab xx hands.

Fix unblockables

Oh and reversal window from 8 frames down to 4. No reason for the window to be that huge.
    Post edited by Duo11 on
    ·
  • nagasentrynagasentry Joined: Posts: 8
    Anyone else lose random PP on psn? Sometimes I'm disconnected, but others I randomly lose max pp after I've already been awarded victor.
    ·
  • OnerblackOnerblack Joined: Posts: 31
    nagasentry wrote: »
    Anyone else lose random PP on psn? Sometimes I'm disconnected, but others I randomly lose max pp after I've already been awarded victor.

same here. it also happens when i am playing sfxtk
    ·