Spokane, WA - Game On relocating, fight nights temporarily cancelled

Comments

• GameOnSpokaneGameOnSpokane GameOn Joined: Posts: 92
    we are hosting one on Sat. the 23rd. I don't know what days you guys will be in town but we would love to see some new faces for the tournament.
  • EazyGEazyG Joined: Posts: 29
    shoot well I'll be on the west side until sunday! bah bad timing :(

I will come check out the venue anyway though during my visit
    There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there. You must go beyond them.
    be sure to stop in on Tuesday night from 6pm-Midnight we have a fight night. It is $5 for the whole night. It is a small group compared to our Thursday Night group but there will still be a few guys to get some casuals in with. I will try to spread the word that some out of town guys will be in and see if I can get it a little busier for Tuesday night. Hope to see you guys then.
    Just a reminder for FIGHT NIGHT tonight(7/14) from 6pm-Midnight.
  • TeysrolTeysrol Joined: Posts: 3
    Super excited for this. I'm gonna try to go next week.
  • invadersko0dgeinvadersko0dge Joined: Posts: 68
    Hey Spokane. I'm a SSF4 player from the Midwest that'll be in town for a week and a half starting tomorrow. Looking to get some games in hopefully at one of your Fight Nights I've been reading about. Unfortunately I'll only have my PS3 stick with me so hopefully I'll be able to borrow a stick from someone to use. Hope it's not too much of a problem. Looking forward to fighting some new competition.
  • LoyalSolLoyalSol Drunken Akuma Joined: Posts: 6,905
    Hey Spokane. I'm a SSF4 player from the Midwest that'll be in town for a week and a half starting tomorrow. Looking to get some games in hopefully at one of your Fight Nights I've been reading about. Unfortunately I'll only have my PS3 stick with me so hopefully I'll be able to borrow a stick from someone to use. Hope it's not too much of a problem. Looking forward to fighting some new competition.

We usually have enough sticks to go around so just show up and have a good time. We have two nights on Tuesday and Thursday. Most of us show up on Thursday, but there is still a sizable group on Tuesday. You will need $5 for the venue fee, but it is an awesome place to play.
    Under stress you will not rise to your expectations, you will fall to your level of training.
  • jetman81jetman81 Joined: Posts: 191
    Anybody going to be watching EVO? Perhaps a top 8 viewing party on Sunday is in order?
  • jammo3kjammo3k Joined: Posts: 127
    Anybody going to be watching EVO? Perhaps a top 8 viewing party on Sunday is in order?
    I was thinking the same thing. A lot of the guys are going down there, but, for those of us that aren't, a get together on Sunday could be a lot of fun.
    I was thinking we could possibly watch some of EVO here at the shop. I don't know if anyone would be interested in hooking some laptops to the TV's down here or something. We can talk about it on here and at fight nights and see if enough people would be interested in it to make it worth me opening on Sunday but we will see what the vibe is over the next week or so.
    Reminder of tournament on Saturday 7/23. Details above.
  • House of PaincakesHouse of Paincakes Spokane Valley, WA Joined: Posts: 250
    I was thinking of hosting something at my house. Who's interested? We can get some pizza or something.

Only limitation is number of people. I'll gauge interest on the Facebook page. If it gets to be too big, maybe Game On could host something?

EDIT: Oops, didn't refresh before posting. Glad to see you're on board Mike!

Only reason I'd want to host it myself is to throw back a few brewskies while we watch 8-)
    XBL: HousOfPaincakes
    as long as we do it on Sunday when I am normally closed we could do a BYOB thing here. I am pretty sure all I have to do for that is get a permit and that is pretty easy. Only downfall is I would probably charge a small Venue fee $2.50 per person or something. If there is enough buzz about it we will work something out for it.
    Awesome! I thought it would be complicated without having some sort of liquor license. Let us know if that will work out and we can plan on my house as a backup.

Sunday is the EVO finals so that shouldn't be a problem. The schedule says it starts at 9:00 AM sharp in this order:

BlazBlue - Continuum Shift 2
    Tekken 6
    Mortal Kombat 9
    Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition
    Marvel vs. Capcom 3

I imagine most people wouldn't show up until SSF4AE starts (like me) but unfortunately they don't have scheduled start times for each game, so I guess we'd have to play it by ear.
    I will work on getting the permit and see what the details are on that. I would assume we would not have to open until noon or later but like you said we will just play that by ear.
    Mike - I don't see any info for the tournament this weekend except for the date. I'd like to add more info to the OP if I can.

Unfortunately, thread titles currently can't be changed but they're working on it.
    This info is posted on another thread I started a while ago but here it is for this thread as well. I probably should have posted here as well as the other thread so I am sorry for the short notice for anyone who did not see the other thread.
    This month tournament will be held on 7/23/2011.
    Location : Game On....11811 E. 1st, Spokane Valley WA, (directly behind PAWN 1)
    Games : SSFIV, M vs. C 3, (maybe Mortal Kombat & Tekken6)
    Cost : Venue Fee $5, Tournament entry fee $7.50 EACH
    Time : M vs. C 3 first rounds will start at 4pm. other games will follow.
    Platform : XBOX 360
    Tournament type : Double Elimination
    Also posted in Event Hubs if anyone reads there.
    I'd go to an evo party on Sunday for sure.
    Well, that's 3 confirmed (Christi would be coming as well).

Mike - how many do you need to cover permit costs? I'm willing to throw in some extra bucks if you need it.
    Ben said he would be here for sure also if we did an EVO party. I will also find out tonight from the fight night guys how many might make it as well. I think Mehdi and a couple other guys said something about coming here if we did something. So after I find out the permit cost I will have a better idea on a venue fee. I would like to keep it at $5 or less. So lets spread the word and see how many guys we can get. Sounds Fun!!
  • invadersko0dgeinvadersko0dge Joined: Posts: 68
    gg's to everyone I played. I was the guy with the yellow shirt. Sorry I sort of just left. My ride showed up unexpectedly.
  • jetman81jetman81 Joined: Posts: 191
    I've got something on Sunday but I don't think it should take too long so I definitely would like to show up to watch Marvel and Street Fighter top 8. Those are towards the end of the day, so hopefully I can make it.
  • LoyalSolLoyalSol Drunken Akuma Joined: Posts: 6,905
    gg's to everyone I played. I was the guy with the yellow shirt. Sorry I sort of just left. My ride showed up unexpectedly.

Nah it's cool I figured that happened. Good Games.
    Under stress you will not rise to your expectations, you will fall to your level of training.
    Remember... for those of you who will be able to make it. Tournament tomorrow, first rounds of Marvel will start at 4p, so show up a little early.
    How'd the tournament go yesterday?
    It was fun with the guys who showed up. We had a lot of guys either working or out of town so it ended up being a rather small tournament but still fun. Hopefully next month will be better. I should have info up for next month tournament by the end of the week.
    I really wanted to make it but my best friend was getting married. Hopefully I can make the next one!

Are we on for Sunday or are you still working out the details?
    We are on for Sunday so hopefully a few guys will show up. I do not know exactly what time guys want to start showing up but we will play it by ear this week. I will make sure the guys from fight night know about it as well. Hopefully we will have a decent turnout. We need more laptops that can hook up to the LCD's. I only have 1. I still need to get a cable for mine as well.
    Do you really need more than one? I know they are running 3 streams simultaneously on Friday and Saturday but I thought they only had one stream for the finals.
    I am not sure how many are going on Sunday. I just thought if enough guys showed up we could run the same stream on more than one TV if needed. If not we can huddle around 1. Depends on how many guys how up i guess.
    I will find out a little more tonight on the number of guys that are going to watch EVO. Right now it is looking kind of small. If anyone has a better idea on a head count that might show up please let me know. If the number only stays around 5 it would not really be worth me getting the permit to allow drinks down here for the day. Anyone planning on coming please post here if you have not already or let me know tonight if you come to fight night.
    FIGHT NIGHT tonight.....get in the last few matches with everyone before heading to EVO. Like normal 6pm - Midnight $5 unless you are already signed up for TUESDAY night monthly.
  • ADMARAADMARA Joined: Posts: 148
    Ah good i found the right thread lol
    My wife and I were both planning on coming.

If you can't get enough people, we wouldn't mind hosting at our house (which is close to your shop). You're welcome to come Mike. I'll just keep my eyes peeled on this thread.
  • DynemuDynemu Joined: Posts: 8
    Ill be there today to play and if things go well also trying out for sunday too
  • ADMARAADMARA Joined: Posts: 148
    I'm new, i would go but im in desperate need for a ride!
    Where are you at, someone can probably pick you up on the way.
    It looks like they changed the EVO finals schedule a bit. I'm going to plan on showing up at 5:00.

10:00 AM: Blazblue Finals
    12:00 AM: Tekken 6 Finals
    2:00 PM: Mortal Kombat 9 Finals
    3:30 PM: SF3 Third Strike Exhibition
    5:00 PM: Marvel Vs Capcom 3 Finals
    6:30 PM: Screening, Balrog: Behind the Glory.
    7:00 PM: SSF4:AE Finals
    9:00 PM: Closing Ceremonies
    Sounds good. I will plan on being here starting at 4pm to get things set up.