Who do you use?

BitterSweetBitterSweet Joined: Posts: 605
Plain and simple, who do you use.

Bang, because he does a ton of damage and doesn't suck azz. Good slide kick and for the most part counters. Lacks uppercut but has a good feel for motions and moves fast. Hate Ragna the most because its typically you either get into a long combo or you lose, that is all.
http://tinyurl.com/3tsqfct Ryu's introduction
http://tinyurl.com/3vdg8da Dan's introduction
http://tinyurl.com/34wt7fc Making and being part of a scene

Comments

• The red strawberryThe red strawberry Fraudberry Joined: Posts: 141
    honestly I wouldn't really consider Blazblue like street fighter. I don't understand the spamming part either but ......... Bang is actually one of the strongest characters in the game and is part of the big three (Bang, Litchi and Ragna)
    I <3 Maki Nishikino
    PSN: YukikoBerry
    Hang out with me on twitter <3 @Yuukiburry
  • sektrsektr Joined: Posts: 815
    Ignore this kid he tries to troll every single game that's popular, started criticizing SF for shit that has existed since ST and even SF1 (he said charge moves and DPs make the game too hard and complicated). This game is NOTHING like SF, not even close, only real similarity is that they both play on a 2D plane.

And to answer your question, Bang is top tier now.
    SSF4: Akuma
    BBCS: Jin
  • SylariSylari Joined: Posts: 1,445
    Ignore this kid he tries to troll every single game that's popular, started criticizing SF for shit that has existed since ST and even SF1 (he said charge moves and DPs make the game too hard and complicated).

He also said projectiles make for boring gameplay and that a good fighter should be in 3D. Then made some comparison to real life fighting.
    SRK's worst Omega Red player.
  • Hatred EdgeHatred Edge One Bad Day Joined: Posts: 16,506
    I don't really see how Bang is that good though, he doesn't have very good block strings, anyone decent could block his limited projectiles, only thing really damaging is if he uses that grab after a combo or something which tends to be tricky or not sure how tricky compared to others. Most of the moves are very short range and doesn't have a good anti air, though the sliding sweep kick is pretty good.
    Pros:
    A fast character with mobility to be found in his speed, 2 air dashes (or an airdash + double jump in the same jump), teleportation during his autoguard, dash bumpers, and FuuRinKaZan mode.
    One of the best mixup games, with improvements to 2a (low) and 6b (overhead) as well as his throws, and all of his tools from CT! This supplements his pressure game, which he can do strings with multiple highs and lows, go into tick throws from lows, jump cancellable normals on block, deadly frame traps and even pressure resets! FuuRinKaZan mode can make pressure and mixup beyond any known American blocking!
    Strong damage output! A bnb can do about 3-3.7k, or 3k if you want to use Bang's wakeup game and combos into super for over 4k!
    Above average HP (11500), and 6 guard primers (tied for 2nd most).
    Some of the game's best normals that are fast, safe, and have strong priority.
    Yay!
    Which character is best overall? I hate slow characters. At least it isn't as bad as SF with turtling but its rather difficult to do anything about someone spamming the same moves on you to try to start a long combo which could probably just end the match right away.
    None of the best characters in the game are slow. Top are Bang/Litchi/Ragna. This is an ASW FG. They like longer combos. And if someone is "spamming the same move on you", then obviously there is something lacking on your end. This isn't CT and you're not Tager fighting Nu-13.
    In short, is there anything of tactical value outside of combos in this game?
    Ragna's great range? Bang's speed? Lambda's zoning? Jin's FB game? Learning to Instant Block? Properly bursting?
    Has anyone thanked you today for not setting the whole world on fire?

They should. I won't. I advocate setting the world on fire. But morons who actually like it, benefit from society, would do well to thank you and men like you for not visiting hell upon them.

"You don't know what it's like to hate. To have your entire life become nothing more than an expression of hate. Nothing else matters. Nothing else can compare. Or taste as sweet."
    Its always reassuring to know I have fans who cater to my every whim. It could be possible that I don't play SF anymore so I stopped posting there and I recently got BBCS so go figure.

In short, is there anything of tactical value outside of combos in this game?

So you stopped playing SSF4, got BBCS then immediately come online and start calling it a shitty game when you clearly don't have a fucking clue as you what you're talking about (the fact that you compared SF to BB in any way immediately shows just how naive you are, or just how big of a troll you are)? Maybe you should just quit fighting games altogether, I think that would make everybody happier.

If you truly understood to play this game or SSF4 you wouldn't make ANY of the dumbass comments you've made in the past 2 days. It's obvious from your comments that you're VERY likely under the age of 15 and just try to mash out random combos.

And how are combos tactical? Some of the biggest tactics in this game are zoning and footsies (although IDK if the BB crowd refers to them as footsies), making your opponent screw up so you can punish with those big combos that you've spent weeks practicing. Different characters have different mechanics to help them take advantage of their opponents' mistakes (like Hatred said, for example, Ragna's range or Bang's speed). Every character is so drastically different that this is one of the most tactical games out there.

I guess you could say that tactics are where BB and SF are similar, as they both make heavy use of footsies and zoning in order to set up their combos. However, the way footsies/zoning work in each game are so drastically different from one another that there really is no way to compare them.
  • Son of a GunSon of a Gun That Man Joined: Posts: 328
    There aren't a lot of characters so how about trying them out?
    Hologram Summer Again.

BB Main: Rachel & Valkenhayn
    SSFIV: AE Main: Vega/Claw, Yun
    T6 Main: Lars
  • PhomaniacPhomaniac Joined: Posts: 18
    I must be using the wrong characters if they can end it all with one combo :(
  • Hatred EdgeHatred Edge One Bad Day Joined: Posts: 16,506
    You don't even tell us who you're facing

I'm going to assume you're talking about Lambda 11 or Rachel or Arakune but I don't know if I'm right since you give NOTHING to go on aside from what little you like about Bang. There are matchup threads on Dustloop with video threads to study.

So this thread isn't even about "Who do you use", it's really about the crap you're going through because of a lack of experience.
    Has anyone thanked you today for not setting the whole world on fire?

They should. I won't. I advocate setting the world on fire. But morons who actually like it, benefit from society, would do well to thank you and men like you for not visiting hell upon them.

"You don't know what it's like to hate. To have your entire life become nothing more than an expression of hate. Nothing else matters. Nothing else can compare. Or taste as sweet."
    I see your a big SF fan but I don't care. Though wouldn't zoning and footsies be considered the same thing? Because we all know anything with movement is considered "footsies" while anything with space is considered "zoning"

I'm actually not a huge SF fan. I started with ST back in the early 2000s, and played 3S off and on, and don't even frequently play SF4 which, while I don't hate it, is not one of my favorite games or even close to it.

And zoning and footsies are fundamentals which apply to every fighting game ever made, so if that makes SF and BB basically the same, I guess that makes SF and MvC2, Tekken and VF all basically the same? And SF and DBZ and Naruto? Yeah... Good train of thought dear.

And footsies aren't "anything with movement", they're basically using good spacing (zoning) to stick out normals here in there or move just inside or what appears to be just inside the range of your opponents best poke, thus causing them to whiff and allowing you to punish. Footsies is basically just baiting out mistakes through the use of pokes.

And likewise, zoning isn't just "anything with space", it's understanding hitboxes and which moves beat what, which moves have what range, etc. so that you can counter your opponent and attempting to land a hit to start a blockstring or some sort of pressure to back them into the corner.

The few things I like Bang are, slide kick, his cross up kick which could go either way when jumping with a direction, can't say, but I guess if I were to verse myself I would beat my own Bang or something, just rather annoying when versing someone with a large amount of control and can't really get near them or unsure what to do when someone spams at me.[/QUOTE]
    Got better with Bang, though out of all the characters Ragna ticks me off the most, than again I haven't versed many of that very fast cat character.

The few things I don't like is just no anti air and limited projectiles.

He has anti-air, and good anti-air at that.

And you're now complaining that you don't have enough projectiles? You just said in a thread the other day you wanted projectiles removed from SF4.
    Training.
    Hologram Summer Again.

Rush tagor down until you get magnetized? then be ready to run the heck away? I don't know really.
  • NarcowskiNarcowski Joined: Posts: 841
    Bang v. Tager is 65:35 in Bang's favor.
    They suck for sucking players.
    If you wanna look cool with some combostrings choose Noel. She is after all THE character specifically created for beginners.
    Hologram Summer Again.

• AndarelAndarel Joined: Posts: 438
    It's funny how the worst matchups in the game all involve Tager: Tager goes 35:65 or 30:70 against Litchi and Bang, and good luck beating Tager as Tsubaki. Seriously.

Mu and Lambda aren't amazing matchups, but they're certainly winnable. Mu is worse than Lambda in my experience because she doesn't have to commit as much and can get random hits more easily, but Lambda gets better reward off her projectiles. They've got a bit of an edge, but it's not enough to make Tager just give up like Nu-13 did in the last game.
    Tager is not a beginner character. Neither is Noel (though she is on the easier side) - Ragna is the beginner character.

Tager is great versus beginners, sure, but a beginner Tager is going to have more problems than a beginner with half of the rest of the cast. All Tager has are lots of mindgames, and if you don't understand how to apply his tricks, you're going to lose versus any competent player. He needs a CCR increase (his character combo rate is 40%, as compared to the second worst 75%).

Tsubaki is the worst character in BBCS imo. Rachel might not do damage (hence being ranked as the worst in tiers), but she has the foundation she needs to be good. Tsubaki doesn't even have viable blockstrings, let alone ways to get charge. She's awful in literally every way.
    Tager is not a beginner character. Neither is Noel (though she is on the easier side) - Ragna is the beginner character.

Tager is great versus beginners, sure, but a beginner Tager is going to have more problems than a beginner with half of the rest of the cast. All Tager has are lots of mindgames, and if you don't understand how to apply his tricks, you're going to lose versus any competent player. He needs a CCR increase (his character combo rate is 40%, as compared to the second worst 75%).

Tsubaki is the worst character in BBCS imo. Rachel might not do damage (hence being ranked as the worst in tiers), but she has the foundation she needs to be good. Tsubaki doesn't even have viable blockstrings, let alone ways to get charge. She's awful in literally every way.

Actually Noel IS: Otaku News : Interview with Daisuke Ishiwatari and Toshimichi Mori the creators of the Guilty Gear and BlazBlue series
    But Ragna is too in my opinion.
    And I agree on what you said about Rachel.
    Hologram Summer Again.

• Ninja2507Ninja2507 Joined: Posts: 49
    ...just slow characters tend to all suck.

Tell that to mikeZ.

I am a new player to continuum shift but I would like to say I do think Tager is a little slower than most of the other characters, however that does not mean he is slow in general. You can whip out some mean trades on an unsuspecting opponent or someone is is getting a little too confident in their rush down.

tl; dr
    mikeZ's tager is fast, and scary.
    Nah, it's not like MikeZ can change the game's specs to increase Tager's movement or air speed - he's just damned good with him. Watch Gallileo vids, that works too.

Tager is still slow, it's just that he is a grappler and they're meant to be slow. It's a huge drawback, but any good Tager player knows it's one that can be worked around.

The tutorial mode flat-out says "If you are new to Blazblue, you should start with Ragna". Noel might be an easy character to pick up, but she's harder to get good with than Ragna.
  • bmckaybmckay Sword/Triplets/Dog/Raoh Joined: Posts: 3,407
    Makoto and Hakumen. Makoto for the fun, and Hakumen in case I ever play on a cab.
    "...and everything I say comes natural, and it's a thing of beauty like a Alicia Keys' face"
    -Robert Leroy Parker, 1902
    The tutorial mode flat-out says "If you are new to Blazblue, you should start with Ragna". Noel might be an easy character to pick up, but she's harder to get good with than Ragna.

Maybe because he is the main character and he also is good for beginner indeed.
    But the maker of the game himself is still the best source imo. He states that the game system is created around her and Noel is made to learn to push buttons. I must agree with him when he says that she's an easy character to learn.
    Did you even READ the link?!:confused:
    Hologram Summer Again.

Noel, Jin and Ragna are all fairly close to each other as far as easiness goes. In my opinion.

Also in my opinion, Tager ranks up there. He's no Arakune/Carl. He's no Hazama/Litchi etc. etc. He's fairly simple to use. Keep spinning your joystick around and around... easiest combo in the world that does like 1800 damage? As long as you learn how to turtle and how to 360 and 720 you can win with him against scrubs.

But he's not spamable like Ragna, Noel and Jin... So not as easy to use as those three lol...

Oh yea, Lamba is easy if she's anything like Mu. Damage wise I know she sucks, but as far as easy to use? Yea. Lamba up there too.
  • Doctrine DarkDoctrine Dark Yum Yum Joined: Posts: 7,475
    I use Tsubaki. Honestly, I really love using her. I know many claim she's trash, and when looking at her overall ability, it isn't, um, good; but I feel like with more practice, I could use her much better than I can now. Another one I use is Rachael, tho I'm not as good with her as I am with Tsubaki. Rachael's pretty hard for me to control.
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid.
    PSN: SP_Wesker215/XBL: SP Wesker215
    Super Street Fighter Plot Guide II
    Street Fighter V: Cammy, Learning Menat Marvel: Captain Marvelous/Bucky DBFZ: Gohan/Freeza/Trunks
    Guilty Gear Revelator: Venom King of Fighters XIV: Hein/Mature/Kyo
  • TheGreatReptarTheGreatReptar Staying free since 2009 Joined: Posts: 63
    I use Litchi. I decided to main her before I even purchased CT. I lucked out a bit with CS's new mechanics effecting Litchi. I know a good bit of Tsubaki as well, but I wouldn't dare use her in a tournament. I really hope the balance patch treats her nicely though, as she's one of my favorite characters story-wise.
  • dthboidthboi ToO gOoD fOr YoU!1!1 Joined: Posts: 246
    i play hazama cause who doesnt want long things protruding out of their waist. all jokes aside i love the mix up of ouroboros and i like the damage out put. hes a glass cannon like akuma for me and i like that.
    Maybe because he is the main character and he also is good for beginner indeed.
    But the maker of the game himself is still the best source imo. He states that the game system is created around her and Noel is made to learn to push buttons. I must agree with him when he says that she's an easy character to learn.
    Did you even READ the link?!:confused:

Yeah, I did. I didn't even deny that she's fairly easy, only said that Ragna is easier to get to a top level with. Both are easy at a beginner level, I know that.
    @Pho - Lambda is much harder than Nu. The biggest problem with Nu-13 in CT was that she was braindead easy to use because none of the stuff that made her overpowered was technical. In CS she's solid mid-tier...and that means you're not getting so lucky.
    @Pho - Lambda is much harder than Nu. The biggest problem with Nu-13 in CT was that she was braindead easy to use because none of the stuff that made her overpowered was technical. In CS she's solid mid-tier...and that means you're not getting so lucky.

I wasn't really referring to tier really. But I did hear it's not longer DDDDDDDD>4D>2DDDDDD // 2Cj.CCCCCC anymore. Which requires a bit more skill to learn. lol
    (...)
    Yeah, I did. I didn't even deny that she's fairly easy, only said that Ragna is easier to get to a top level with. Both are easy at a beginner level, I know that.

You're so full of it.
    Hologram Summer Again.

I just use tier because V-13 was god tier for a crapton of reasons. Lambda doesn't have the advantage of all her moves being amazing (5DD jc on block/hit...goodbye ;~;), but a lot of her basic combos are similar, at least in the air: 5dd 6dd 2dd jdd dj2dd j214d is still a staple, though Lambda's combo extensions are a lot more technical and not just "I rapid and get a new free combo" - they mostly center around tk j214d -> 5dd, which is pretty tricky as it's spacing/timing specific.
    I just use tier because V-13 was god tier for a crapton of reasons. Lambda doesn't have the advantage of all her moves being amazing (5DD jc on block/hit...goodbye ;~;), but a lot of her basic combos are similar, at least in the air: 5dd 6dd 2dd jdd dj2dd j214d is still a staple, though Lambda's combo extensions are a lot more technical and not just "I rapid and get a new free combo" - they mostly center around tk j214d -> 5dd, which is pretty tricky as it's spacing/timing specific.

That's what I thought, thanks!
    You're so full of it.

Being an easy character for a new player to mash buttons and beat scrubs with is different from being an easy character to learn to play at a high level. That's what I was saying.
  • bmckaybmckay Sword/Triplets/Dog/Raoh Joined: Posts: 3,407
    Being an easy character for a new player to mash buttons and beat scrubs with is different from being an easy character to learn to play at a high level. That's what I was saying.

Being an easy character to play with is different from being an easy character to win with. BANGBANGBANG And RAGNA ZE BRUBEJ are easy characters to WIN with. Noel is an easy character to play with.
    "...and everything I say comes natural, and it's a thing of beauty like a Alicia Keys' face"
    -Robert Leroy Parker, 1902
  • MacenKraceMacenKrace Joined: Posts: 17
    Ragna was my main char from CT and I used litchi as a sub, but somehow I ended up using Haku-men a lot more than Litchi because of his fighting style. I now occasionally use Tagger when I feel like it.
  • ShugotenshiIsTakenShugotenshiIsTaken 1337 L33k Joined: Posts: 96
    I'll continue to play Rachel Alucard, and Platina once she's up for DLC.
    Insert Signature Here
  • RadRedRadRed The Dividing Line * Joined: Posts: 605
    I dabble in a lot of characters, but I primarily use Noel, Makoto and Ragna. I'm also steadily learning Arakune.

Back in Calamity Trigger I mainly used Ragna and and Noel as a secondary but I later came to realize I had a lot more fun using Noel, so I started using her quite a bit more. She's honestly the most fun character in the entire game to play, I think. Late in Calamity Trigger's life I took interest in Arakune but not too much came out of it.

Once Makoto was released I tried her and fell in love with the nature of her rushdown and how fun she was to play. Almost as enjoyable as Noel, really. Not too long afterward, I bumped her up to my secondary in Continuum Shift. I still dig Ragna, but he becomes rather boring and monotonous after a while, if you ask me. I keep practicing with him because he's always there for those really annoying players that I can't seem to do well against with Noel and Makoto.

I'm learning Arakune because he has a really unique feel, especially in comparison to the other characters I use and I love the idea of intimidating people with curse once I get skilled enough with him.

Valkenhayn looks interesting, he might be the fifth character I start using a considerable amount. Still waiting on a BlazBlue game with playable Jubei, tho'. If it ever comes to fruition that might just be my new best character.
    PSN ID - RadRed | UMVC3 - Viewtiful Joe / Chris Redfield / Amaterasu |
  • DeddjayDeddjay Joined: Posts: 177
    Wow...the first page of this thread seems full of troll....ah well. Good for a laugh.

Also: Noel/Tsubaki/Makoto. -cuz they're fun to play with.
    One day Ill have a really awesome sig
    (...)
    Still waiting on a BlazBlue game with playable Jubei, tho'. If it ever comes to fruition that might just be my new best character.

If so he should be broken.
    Hologram Summer Again.

• Seph_luis_brSeph_luis_br Joined: Posts: 102
    I started with Noel, then I switched to Litchi in CT.
    Now in CS I still main Litchi but I'm learning a bit more about Noel, Ragna and Tsubaki.