How do you Frame Trap with Cody?

LethosLethos Joined: Posts: 15
What are some setups for Cody's frame traps and what are they best used against? Sorry if there is a thread about this already, just give me the url and I won't bother you any longer.

Comments

• vCo2vvCo2v Joined: Posts: 142
    aw the cody community is nice in this thread... you're not bothering anyone at all.
    There's a thread that has a big list in page 2 or 3 of this list, but I've always hated finding it. I think we should make a new thread.

to frame trap just take a quick glimpse of his frame data and you'll notice that 90 percent of his punch moves give you + on block. If the opponent doesn't have a 3f or lower number frame move you can feel free to trap all day.
    For starters
    cr.lp>cr.lp and ending it in cr.mp is a simple one and you can end that in either a lp. bad stone or lp. criminal upper (if you think you might counter hit). lp. bad stone will give you +4 on block meaning you can step forward just a bit to do a cr. hp>ex.bad stone or cr.mk to get back into pressure or cr.hk or f+hp, f+mp

I used to always do cr.lp cr.lp cr.lk even on block and always wondered why I couldn't keep pressure only to realize that cr.lk is -1 on block so yeah don't ever use cr.lk for a block string only as a hit confirm.
  • manmanmanman Cash Grabber Joined: Posts: 1,146
    I would love a dedicated thread on this as well. I know you can go through the frame data to come up with them, but there are people who understand frame traps, and smart ways to set them up a LOT better than some of us (or me at least...), so it would be cool to see some feedback from more experienced players on this topic imo.
  • Kelter SkelterKelter Skelter Joined: Posts: 2,830
    "uuuaaaahhhhh BEAT IT! The Official Cody Frame Trap Thread"

Someone make it happen
    grapsf.com
  • kn14kn14 Joined: Posts: 121
    So is this the official thread? I'm thinking about picking up Cody and all I hear is how sick his frame traps are...
  • CarbocationCarbocation Stack dat cheese Joined: Posts: 694
    Pressure Strings
    Cody's pressure strings, coupled with his high-damage combos, are what make him such a scary character. Some examples of his good block strings are:
    F+mp., cr.lp., F+mp... (repeat)
    F+mp., cr.lp., cr.lp., D+mk. (slide), cr.lp., F+mp...
    F+mp., cr.lp., cr.lp., cr.lk., F+hk (Crack Kick)*
    F+mp., F+mp., cr.lp., D+mk., cr.lp., F+hk.*
    It's pronounced Car-Bo-Cat-Eye-On

Winners don't use drugs.
  • MarceloAbansMarceloAbans The Fat Man Joined: Posts: 343
    So far all these traps are great, this should be stickied as requested.
    ofcsd.com
    twitch.tv/ofcsd
    Where good things happen..
  • zUkUuzUkUu Theory Pro Joined: Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭
    no vital info. no need for sticky (yet).

a frametrap sticky would need explantion on the mindset of how to use them and when. describe the moves and most important the frame gap between the moves. etc
    我道
  • kep1kep1 BINGO! Joined: Posts: 161
    cl.mp, c.mp (1 frame gap)
    j.hk, cl.hp (No frame data for the j.hk but it works)
    cl.hp, c.lp/c.lk (3 frame gap)
    there are also moves that become frame traps when spaced far enough away such as...
    c.lp x3, c.hp
    c.lp x2 or x3, f+mp

so 1 example of putting it all together would be back throw, safe jump j.hk, cl.hp, c.lp x2, f+mp. that's 4 frame traps in a row. mix up with throw/overhead/crossup.

edit: also, f+mp x2 isn't a frame trap. maybe it works out from max distance or something but from any closer it will lose to mashed jabs/shorts/etc. every time.
    http://blockstring.com - Friendly fighting game discussion
  • ice_reiice_rei Packz Joined: Posts: 304
    This will all be covered in my Cody blog. Im working on it in the advanced guide now where I go through safe jumps, option selects, Cody's knife, frame traps, setting up Counterhits, preserving and building meter etc. Check it out, so far there's only the beginners guide but im writing up the advanced guide as we speak. The REAL Street Fighter....! All About Cody
  • ice_reiice_rei Packz Joined: Posts: 304
    I just finished part 1 of the advanced guide on my blog go ahead and tell me what you think about it. Constructive criticism is what i want so give it please. Thanks The REAL Street Fighter....! All About Cody
  • dyeoutdyeout ROSERINGAN Joined: Posts: 69
    aw the cody community is nice in this thread... you're not bothering anyone at all.
    There's a thread that has a big list in page 2 or 3 of this list, but I've always hated finding it. I think we should make a new thread.

to frame trap just take a quick glimpse of his frame data and you'll notice that 90 percent of his punch moves give you + on block. If the opponent doesn't have a 3f or lower number frame move you can feel free to trap all day.
    For starters
    cr.lp>cr.lp and ending it in cr.mp is a simple one and you can end that in either a lp. bad stone or lp. criminal upper (if you think you might counter hit). lp. bad stone will give you +4 on block meaning you can step forward just a bit to do a cr. hp>ex.bad stone or cr.mk to get back into pressure or cr.hk or f+hp, f+mp

I used to always do cr.lp cr.lp cr.lk even on block and always wondered why I couldn't keep pressure only to realize that cr.lk is -1 on block so yeah don't ever use cr.lk for a block string only as a hit confirm.

oh now i get y i couldn't frame trap ken. thx u