Tri-City/Walla Walla Fight Club

wwstar30wwstar30 RDcheez gremlin - wwrd.weebly.comJoined: Posts: 606
Lets get this going. Only know one person I'm able to play with locally on SSF4 other than that is all online training. If your in the area post your shit and lets start gettin together.

Come together everybody and try to love one another.
wwrd.weebly.com

Comments

• YabukiStyleYabukiStyle SITH the DARK LORD Joined: Posts: 500 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I hella missed this thread somehow. Sup. I got some more ppl to make srk accounts. Lets get this going. This scene is really in need of a revival.

Info on me:
    Name: Mike Sitth.
    Chars: Ryu then everyone else
    PSN: YabukiStyle
    Play Third Strike. It's a good game. - ROM
  • myleftshoemyleftshoe skilled but lazy Joined: Posts: 397
    Info on me:
    Name: Aroun
    Chars: Dudley/Rufus
    XBL: myleftsh0e

damn i need to train more
    Why does everybody fight Chunli in front of a restaurant?
    Cause she keeps leaving the kitchen
  • altericee45altericee45 Joined: Posts: 75
    heres my info
    name:adam
    chars:ibuki/ryu
    xbl:pawnage45

man i need to get a stick so i can practice
    Which candy u getting? that one and everyone on the bottom row
    Av made by Master Chibi
    People hatin but I'm hyped on Yun and Yang for Super. I'm biased on this though cuz I played them in 3S. I wanna use teleport mixups again.
    People hatin but I'm hyped on Yun and Yang for Super. I'm biased on this though cuz I played them in 3S. I wanna use teleport mixups again.

i think its kool they put them in to i used them alittle bit so i might now how to use them in super
    Av made by Master Chibi
    Hell yeah this game needs more dive kicks! Can't really cry about genei jin being too buff, its not like you can build meter for another one quickly like in 3S.
    I dont get why people hate on dive kicks either. Its an offensive tool to use. I guess people really wanna just hold down-back and cr fierce jump ins all day.

Hopefully gonna be teachin some new players at 1 AM. Gotta figure out what to do before then though. Kinda want to watch a movie but not sure which one.
    cant stop thinking about this game...spent all night going over tons of block strings and testing theories...

Adam, I'd say get at me on xbl but my connection lately is nasty
  • him72984him72984 Joined: Posts: 3
    Newbee

Im on Yabuki.
    Hella Hector.

Just keep practicing Aroun. You've got your links down better. Its all matchup exp from there.

So I been watchin Japanese player sunset01. His Sagat is soo freakin gdlk. I swear it has to be ojiisanboy. Same rush that shit down style.

- YHCmochi [Dhalsim] vs sunset01 [Sagat
    that sucks
    Av made by Master Chibi
  • kalvin17_kalvin17_ Joined: Posts: 184
    Name: Kalvin
    Area: Pasco
    Characters: Chun Li
    PSN: Kalvin17_

Been working on my AA game, I was seriously lacking there. Chun has a lot of options, but she's very situational. Also playing around with some piano techniques and finding some useful strings for plinkin.
    Nothing clever comes to mind.
    I'm gonna be using traditional SF terminology (Jab/lp, strong/mp, fierce/hp, short/lk, forward/mk, roundhouse/hk) since I'm so used to it

One of Chuns good bread and butter links to use is crouching jab, crouching jab, crouching jab, standing fierce. You can plink the fierce with strong so it'll look like this in training mode....

:mp::hp:
    :hp:
    :lp:

And you can cut down the cr. jabs to just one or two of them if you want. Good thing to do is watch some vids to see what her good moves are.

shizza's (usa) got a good chun

so does nemo (Japan)
    - [2010/08/08
    That's actually the exact chain I've been working on. You can super after st. fp without cancel too, but the timing on that throws me off because I'm so used to cancelling into super, so I do it way too early. I got it off a few times though. Just gotta keep practicing.

Also playing with fadc forward into ultra 1. A nice little trick to have handy when you are full screen from your opponent but anticipating a fireball. Closes some distance to ensure you don't whiff your ultra, and its something you don't see coming.

I'm not finding piano techniques that important to my game. I don't have troubles getting into ex legs from just about any situation with my normal method. So I don't think I'm gonna keep working on that.

One thing I just can't seem to get to work with any kind of consistency is hazan shu into cr. mk. That would add so many options...I just can't get the timing down, even with plinking.
    @kalvin i can hear you mashing lightning legs tho...lol

when are you guys gonna session next?
    It's called technique. :p

And I get it off every time I try. I mash a lot of things though. Like jab to try to break up a string of attacks, or throw, which sometimes unintentionally results in lightning legs. Bad habit. I know.
    Yoo.....cravin an offline session. I get off of work at 9:30 tonight but don't work til late tomorrow. Lets get something goin. Need to bust out Soul Satellite shenanigans.
    I'd be down, but I don't have a place. TJ works a retarded shift, so hes asleep now and goes to work at 3am. Get off at midnight, hopefully.
    Ah. Damn. I'd get a thing going here but people gotta sleep. Maybe end up being an online night then.
    I'll be online then.
    Good games Kalvin. Definitely see your improvements. You'll get the Rog match down. Just gotta practice more with zoning and feeling the pace of the match (that way you don't get hit by random stuff like headbutt into ultra). You're getting better though.
    Yeah, I was liking that chun/rose match up. Balrog..grrr. :p gotta play some more soon.
    Hmm....thinkin of setting up casuals Friday. Interested? It'll be later in the day/night of course cuz we do that.
    I'd be down for that.

It has come to my attention that, in most cases, slide techniques >>> piano techniques.
    Really? I'm too used to piano. I only slide when I play MvC2 doing Magneto's ROM infinite.
    I still use a few piano's, but some things I just can't get out without sliding, like cr.forward > ex LL. CAN NOT DO IT with piano. I just can't. Sliding makes it ridiculously easy though.
  • RamonRamon Robot sent back in time to stop Crossups. Joined: Posts: 675
    Mike only slides when he gets dizzy all the time. [ahh]
    If you're not cheating, you're not trying.
    You can just hit cr forward then mash short + forward to get ex lightning legs. Thats usually what I do. But then again I ain't a Chun player haha.

Hella Ramon with his rsf dizzy tricks.
    Trying to get away from mashing. :p Either way, I can't mash it fast enough to cancel into legs anyways.
    Well theres a diff in mashing under pressure and mashing to get lightning legs. Mashing to get lightning legs being good and mashing to mash being horrible.
    Stupid school and homework interfering with my gaming career! Maybe i can find people to recruit.

Gotta work on character specific combos next.

Itching to try out some new tricks i've acquired.

New Alt costumes are all pretty sick.
    Yeah school does that. Better in the long run though. But yeah gotta get some games in sometime. I'll be playing random chars cuz I'm gonna switch to Yang with the next ver is out. Actually I do that anyways haha.

Yoooo......so hyped.

So whats your off days Kalvin? Know TJ's? Gotta plan a Super night sometime.
  • wwstar30wwstar30 RDcheez gremlin - wwrd.weebly.com Joined: Posts: 606
    Nice here are some vids of some games with some Oregon players last night. been missing this thread

*Warning large comebacks may occur
    wwrd.weebly.com
    Lets gets some casuals going me and bret are hurtin
    wwrd.weebly.com
    I have mondays and tuesdays off. Tj...well, tj doesn't exist to us anymore. He works 12 hour shifts 7 days a week, for the forseeable future.

Why can't I download the new costumes?
    Holy crap. 12/7 is craaazy. I thought it was like 12/5 at least. Cool. I got Sun-Weds off so I'll try to set something up. Be in the afternoon or something. If its nice maybe even be a BBQ practice session.

So hyped on watchin NSB right now! LETS GO JUSTIN!
    nsb on USTREAM: http://nsb.blog.shinobi.jp/ http://twitter.com/team_nsb.
  • CaptRichCaptRich Joined: Posts: 418
    Wheres the Yakima fight club at?
  • RonnicleRonnicle You are beneath me Joined: Posts: 899
    Nice here are some vids of some games with some Oregon players last night. been missing this thread

*Warning large comebacks may occur

Why you trying to put me on blast son?! uploading the match where I lost?!!?!?!
    "yo is it sad that i felt good after a set with my boy ronnicle (playin' sagat) and he won 54-17 lol"
    youtube.com/user/sparkthisblunt
    lol my bad ill get the one up where you worked me as well make things right.
    wwrd.weebly.com
    http://www.socalregionals.com/

Who wants to go to this? I'm tempted to go. Plane tickets costing $226 out of Pasco and its roughly the same out of Seattle. Rooms are $79 per night.
  • MrKarate2MrKarate2 Joined: Posts: 180
    hello everybody im from pasco 2 and looking for some fellow gamers to get this fighting game scene cracking around here. i play everything from king of fighters to third strike.
    Name: Frankie
    PSN: thereal_mr_karat
    Chars:Mokoto, juri, others.
    Seichusen Godanzuki
    Cool. Always good to have more people. Lately its been a lot of online sessions though but welcome to the scene. We've got some great 3S players here (2 or more of us ALWAYS get top 4 in out of town tourneys) so if you're itchin to play that too you've got people to play.

Edit:
    Oh yeah, I'm thinkin of holding a session tomorrow in my backyard since its suppose to be pretty damn hot. Just need a grill to bbq now.....
  • MrKarate2MrKarate2 Joined: Posts: 180
    maybe something in like 2 weeks since im in the process of moving. iam not really good but i got some tricks and combos. well ill send you a friend request on the playstation k yabukistyle.
    Seichusen Godanzuki
    I'll show up to your bbq if you end up doing that. We might throw one today actually. Your welcome to come over if you want. There will be some super being played.
    Thanks for everyone who showed up to the BBQ. Lots of fun matches. It was cool to have a 7 person rotation of different play styles. I'm pleased to see everyone's been progressing. Especially Kalvin's Chun. From the first day I played you to tonight is like night and day. Much props.

Oh and shoutout to METSU....SHO----RYU-KEN!!!
  • RamonRamon Robot sent back in time to stop Crossups. Joined: Posts: 675
    Hella Mike and his posse.
    If you're not cheating, you're not trying.
    Thanks man. I've really been putting in a lot of hours practicing. Glad its noticeable. Seems the more I learn, the more areas I find I need to improve. I really wanted to land that combo though. :p

Let me know next time you throw a session. I'll be sure to make it if I can.
    I dont really play much online so this jam really helped my play a lot. Adapting more, realized some bad habits, and some confusing match ups i never even played before(Juri). Sick venue even with brutus rock showering everybody lol
    Yeah Brutus is pretty much all "HAH HAH!"

I've got Tuesday off again. Who's down for another get together? Prob no BBQ this time though.