Tri-City/Walla Walla Fight Club

Comments

• wwstar30wwstar30 RDcheez gremlin - wwrd.weebly.com Joined: Posts: 606
    So no videos then
    wwrd.weebly.com
  • qoqonutsqoqonuts New Member Joined: Posts: 487
    There's going to be a tournament over at the University of Idaho on the 14th. I'm going up there and I don't find giving rides to Walla Walla area people if they're willing to throw me some gas money. They're definately going to have an SF4 tournament, and there might be tournaments for other games as well depending on attendance. Last time there were KoF and Brawl tournaments in addition to the main SF4 one. It's likely that there will be another Brawl tournament, probably a SFxT tournament, and they're hoping for a UMvC3 tournament this time. There should also be a few setups for casuals while the tournaments run, and I expect most current generation games will be represented there regardless of whether or not there's a tournament for that game. I don't have all the details about games and whatnot, but the event is scheduled to start at noon and end at eight at night.

However, there's usually a post-tournament gathering at someone's place where we keep playing casuals. Last time I stuck around until around two in the morning and didn't get back home until five or so. I could probably find a place to stay up there if getting home that early/leaving that late is an issue, but I'd need to get and give some advance warning for that.

If you're interested post here, PM me, or send me a text at 208-301-0856 and we'll work something out.
  • xlightscreenxlightscreen Joined: Posts: 6
    So no videos then

Apparently the footage got deleted from the website. Kinda lame, it was on www.twitch.tv/rebgaming.
    I'll figure out why
    There's going to be a tournament over at the University of Idaho on the 14th. I'm going up there and I don't find giving rides to Walla Walla area people if they're willing to throw me some gas money. They're definately going to have an SF4 tournament, and there might be tournaments for other games as well depending on attendance. Last time there were KoF and Brawl tournaments in addition to the main SF4 one. It's likely that there will be another Brawl tournament, probably a SFxT tournament, and they're hoping for a UMvC3 tournament this time. There should also be a few setups for casuals while the tournaments run, and I expect most current generation games will be represented there regardless of whether or not there's a tournament for that game. I don't have all the details about games and whatnot, but the event is scheduled to start at noon and end at eight at night.

However, there's usually a post-tournament gathering at someone's place where we keep playing casuals. Last time I stuck around until around two in the morning and didn't get back home until five or so. I could probably find a place to stay up there if getting home that early/leaving that late is an issue, but I'd need to get and give some advance warning for that.

If you're interested post here, PM me, or send me a text at 208-301-0856 and we'll work something out.

If I have the day off I might be down to go, can't really stay the night though.
  • B-Boy509B-Boy509 I love my fighting games! Joined: Posts: 72
    It would of been nice to know of this earlier. I would be down to go if I had that day off. I don't recall people recording the sfxt matches. kind of sad I could not see the matches. Was busy trying to run the brackets. :(
  • wwstar30wwstar30 RDcheez gremlin - wwrd.weebly.com Joined: Posts: 606
    It would of been nice to know of this earlier. I would be down to go if I had that day off. I don't recall people recording the sfxt matches. kind of sad I could not see the matches. Was busy trying to run the brackets.
    I thought you guys downloaded them on the Laptop harddrive
    wwrd.weebly.com
    I thought you guys downloaded them on the Laptop harddrive

You should probably shoryuken my face I completely forgot about that. Yea you're completely right, not all of it but most of it mainly the finals were recorded on the laptop I will get those up ASAP.

ow btw you should text rey, he is wondering if you could look at his capcom stick and also get together for some casuals.
    About that tournament over at the University of Idaho...

It's been pushed back to the 28th of April due to changes in the leadership of the club organizing it, and their general lack of organization. The games on the list are going to stay the same, except for the possible addition of Skullgirls. Sorry if this inconveniences anyone.
    About that tournament over at the University of Idaho...

It's been pushed back to the 28th of April due to changes in the leadership of the club organizing it, and their general lack of organization. The games on the list are going to stay the same, except for the possible addition of Skullgirls. Sorry if this inconveniences anyone.
    And here's a Facebook event!
    http://www.facebook.com/events/248490178570519/
    Facebook wrote:
    Prices
    Door Charge: $5
    Tournament Entry Fee: $3 per tournament

Tournaments

Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition
    Street Fighter X Tekken
    Marvel vs. Capcom 3
    Super Smash Brothers: Brawl
    Mortal Kombat
    Skull Girls
    Modern Warfare 3
    Halo: Reach
    Mario Kart: Wii
    I will see if I can get the day off for sure on this event. By any chance do you know what system these games will be played on?
    I think everything is going to be on X-Box 360, except for MK. Mario Kart and Brawl are going to be on the Wii. There's probably going to be enough sticks/pads at the event, but it's also safer to bring your own.
    Yea I will try to mark that day off to. Should be fun.
    Are peolpe still planning on going to Idaho for that event?
    I know I'm going.
    I too am heading up.
    Cool. We should all try going as a group?
    I'm down to carpool. If you send me a text with an address I can pick you up on my way through Walla Walla around 9:30am. I'll check my phone in the morning before I leave. I plan on driving up and back the same day, though I might end up getting back really late Saturday/early Sunday.

My phone number is 208-301-0856.
    The Virtual Kumite

Date: June 23, 2012
    Doors open at 12 pm an registration ends at 1:30 pm
    Location: The Marcus Whitman Hotel & Conference Center (Lewis Room)
    Address: 6 West Rose Street, Walla Walla, WA
    Games: Super Street Fighter 4 AE Ver.2012 (xbox360), Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 (xbox360), Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Wii), Mortal Kombat 9 (PS3), Street Fighter 3: Third Strike (360).
    Fee: $10 per game an additional $2 venue fee for competitors. Spectators are free.

This is our biggest event yet. Please bring your own controllers for the game of your choice. We will try an provide basic controllers. We'll be updating the information for the event to keep you guys up to date. Got any questions? Please get a hold of me at bboyreyg@hotmail.com or matthewperkins880@gmail.com also check out our web site at www.thevirtualkumite.com . Time to spread the good word!
    There are cash prizes. Forgot to mention that.
  • YabukiStyleYabukiStyle SITH the DARK LORD Joined: Posts: 500 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Woo... been a while since I posted. Excited about the next Kumite and I'm definitely making it. Now here's a fun announcement....

Cool Desert Fights Round 2!
    Date: Friday, June 22nd
    1341B George Washington Way, Richland, WA 99354
    Games: SSF4AE 2012 (PS3 or 360? Still deciding), UMvC3 (360), Smash 64
    Entry fee: $3 per game
    Tourney Starts at 5 PM

Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/events/265703100204072/

We were asked to run Cool Desert Fights Round 2 recently by Sunken Treasures. We agreed and chose Friday so we wouldn't overlap the Virtual Kumite tourney. So, now we'll have an awesome back-to-back fighting game tourney set. For those who know, Cool Desert Fights is (so far) an annual fighting game tourney that falls on the Cool Desert Nights weekend event in Richland. Lots of fun things to do once the tourney is over so feel free to drop by!
    Play Third Strike. It's a good game. - ROM
    I would love to go to your guys tournament. Let me see how my schedule looks like for that Friday.
    I'm in a similar boat. Are matches starting at 5pm, or is that when registration starts?
  • MrKarate2MrKarate2 Joined: Posts: 180
    Registration is at 5 thats how it was last year. I havent posted here in a long time 2. and my place is open for after tournament session or if someone cant make it home ;) they can crash at my place. Getting my moms van for walla so i can take like 5 people with me.
    Seichusen Godanzuki
    Tourney starts at 5. Reg ends an hr before that so we can set brackets.
    Thats good to hear. I can't wait to go over there.
    I got enough copies of ae on 360 so it'll be on 360!
  • Chino09Chino09 Joined: Posts: 13
    Fun night tonight. Need to do this more often haha.
  • altericee45altericee45 Joined: Posts: 75
    Yea it was ablast we do need more
    Which candy u getting? that one and everyone on the bottom row
    Av made by Master Chibi
  • Golden NecklaceGolden Necklace Joined: Posts: 207
    That was dope! Fun meeting you guys! I'd love to come back if you guys do another event!
    I want to thank everyone who showed up for event. I enjoyed watching everyone do there best.
  • TheDuctTapeNinjaTheDuctTapeNinja Potbelly of the Coon Joined: Posts: 116
    Yeah guys it was a great event, will definently try my hardest to show up to the next one you guys end up doing
    uploading vids for cool desert figthts 2 and walla kumite. my you tube is realmrkarate can share like since phone sucks.\
    Seichusen Godanzuki
    Going to try to step my cody game up. Any tips?
    Seichusen Godanzuki
    I like Cody as a character. He can do some pretty good damage.
  • Bok_ChoiBok_Choi Joined: Posts: 3
    Hey guys! My name is Jae, and I recently moved to Pasco as I got a job with Boise (that smelly paper plant you always drive by between here and Walla Walla). I primarily play UMvC3, and I was wondering if there were any people in the area interested in meeting up to play sometime? I'll be here for another three weeks, then I'll be in Jackson, AL working at a different mill for 6 months, and then I'll be back here to stay! I have a PS3 stick, so if anyone is down, please let me know! :)

tldr: New to Tri-Cities and I want to meet new people and play Marvel! :D
  • Twisted_FateTwisted_Fate Joined: Posts: 4
    Hey Jae were gonna have a session today and your more then welcome to come. we will be at this address "1025 W. Entiat ave appt. A-4 Kennewick" so feel free to stop by. oh and bring ur stick =p
    Awesome! Always great to have new players! I'm mainly a sf4 player but I also play marvel so I get in contact with those players too. We're probably gonna do a session tonight at Zak's place if you wanna drop by (most likely 9pm and on). You can shoot me a text if you're interested. 509-492-7286. Name's Mike BTW. Ill see if we could get a multigame gathering to happen sometime soon here.
  • Bok_ChoiBok_Choi Joined: Posts: 3
    Cool! I would love to come! I am meeting with some people for happy until 10, and I'll swing by then! I can only stay for a couple of hours though as I have work at 7am, but thank you for the invite! I am excited! I will text you when I'm headed over Mike! Thanks!
    Hey Jae, we are haveing another session at Zaks place today feel free to come over ok. ill have mike call or txt you.
    Seichusen Godanzuki
  • vermanubisvermanubis Meat Popsicle Joined: Posts: 20
    Hey, guys. I'mma be hosting tournaments (for pretty much everything) in La Grande, OR since a venue just opened up and I just moved here a couple months ago from EC. Would anyone in the Tri-cities area be willing to attend? I've been trying to build a scene in La Grande, and so far it's going -alright-, but it certainly wouldn't hurt to expose the new people here to a genuine competitive atmosphere. I've been trying to ease the complete newcomers into competitive play by holding pseudo-tourneys (Only one match played, rules not strictly enforced for fear of them not quite understanding why).

So yeah, it'd be fantastic to have a tourney here. MK and SF have the most interest from people around here, so those'll probably be the two I host for first. I'm not a beast or anything, but they look up to me as if I am, so hopefully if they can see people of equal or better skill come and play, they'll get the drive to push further.
    Thats cool to hear that theres a scene in La Grande.
    need that umvc3 as well
    we could go down for tournaments
  • TeysrolTeysrol Joined: Posts: 3
    Yo dudes, I'm down in Pasco this weekend (from Spokane) and wondering if there are any planned fightnights/tournaments this weekend!

I play AE and would love to get to practice some people from the area.
    Yea i think they are doing something at Zaks tonight. My phone number 509 492 6310. you can text me and i can telll you where it is. i might not make cause batman but im sure there will be others there. My names Frankie.
    Seichusen Godanzuki
    I've been talking to the Boise area guys, and they're interested in doing another event. Aside from tournaments, they would like to do a (southeastern) Washington vs. Idaho team battle. I've also been talking with the owner of Wired Gaming Lounge in La Grande, OR (in the interest of not having the Idaho guys drive ~4.5 hours), and he's said it would be fine to host the event there. That's a ~2 hour trip for you guys, and a ~3 hour trip for Idaho. I don't have any hard details yet as far as what games or dates, but how many of you guys would be interested in this?

AE and UMvC will probably be there, along with MK (lotsa MK players in La Grande), and other games could be included depending on interest. I'm going to link the eastern Oregon and Idaho threads here to get their input as well.
  • GoatrixGoatrix NSFW Joined: Posts: 824
    I've been talking to the Boise area guys, and they're interested in doing another event. Aside from tournaments, they would like to do a (southeastern) Washington vs. Idaho team battle. I've also been talking with the owner of Wired Gaming Lounge in La Grande, OR (in the interest of not having the Idaho guys drive ~4.5 hours), and he's said it would be fine to host the event there. That's a ~2 hour trip for you guys, and a ~3 hour trip for Idaho. I don't have any hard details yet as far as what games or dates, but how many of you guys would be interested in this?

AE and UMvC will probably be there, along with MK (lotsa MK players in La Grande), and other games could be included depending on interest. I'm going to link the eastern Oregon and Idaho threads here to get their input as well.

I can tell you Idaho has zero interest in MK outside of one dude in Jerome that doesn't post on the forums. There's a lot of interest in KoF and there will be some interest in P4A come next week.
    This will always be a world of dictators.
    I can tell you Idaho has zero interest in MK outside of one dude in Jerome that doesn't post on the forums. There's a lot of interest in KoF and there will be some interest in P4A come next week.
    Any estimate as far as how many people from Idaho would be interested/willing to travel over for KoF? I would love to see a tournament for that.
    put up a date and time and we will let you know how many tri town people can make it. we only have like one mk player here but i think hes the best mk player in washington, we are mostly marvel and ae players and like 3 or 4 kof players. ill let the othello crew know.
    Seichusen Godanzuki
  • GoatrixGoatrix NSFW Joined: Posts: 824
    Any estimate as far as how many people from Idaho would be interested/willing to travel over for KoF? I would love to see a tournament for that.

I can count on most of my original carpool being down for it. As for everyone else, I'm not sure where they stand. There's about 4 others I would really want to show up, but I feel that it will be unlikely unfortunately.
    This will always be a world of dictators.
    Let me know a date an i'll try an get it off.