Need a Modder/Builder in Your Area? Check This Post.

Comments

• malganimalgani Joined: Posts: 45
    Hey, i had a stick tripple-modded at EVO and couldnt test it there, now i had a chance to test it on a 360 and It didnt work... I am currently in Las Vegas but only till tuesday morning when i will leave to Germany again.
    Is there any modder in Vegas or nearby that can help me?
  • CrownAxeCrownAxe Joined: Posts: 51
    Hey, I'm in San Diego and I need someone to mod my Madcatz SFxT V.S. stick for PS3. I need someone to

- Print out some art and apply it
    - Install new buttons and a balltop (I already have them)
    - Dual mod it to play on 360 as well (I don't have this part)

I can drive up to the LA area if necessary. Please PM me with price point, info to send art to, and date and time to meet. Thank you.
  • PresidentCamachoPresidentCamacho Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho Joined: Posts: 3,456
    I'm available to do limited stick mods/troubleshooting/repairs in Columbus, OH (currently excluding Xbone and PS4). PM me with questions about what you need/want done.
    Play Crimzon Clover, or go to hell.
  • Lemony VengeanceLemony Vengeance JAMMA pad hacker Extraordinaire Joined: Posts: 463
    I'm still here in northern utah, still offering modding services :)
    MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Santa Hatz 4 lyfe!
    Ask me about my Consolized Naomi!
  • JRDIBBSJRDIBBS Neighborhood Modder Joined: Posts: 471
    edited September 2015
    Edited for more complete information.

Hello everyone,

I am in Quincy, Massachusetts, my abilities include:

* Dual mods and PS4/XB1 padhacks
    * USB wire repairs
    * Wire harnesses
    * Full builds

Below is a list of some of my mods/work:

Making my custom Wire Harnesses for my PC's Power supply
    http://www.thesupergun.com/electrical/pc-power-supply-sleeving-heatshrinkless-style/
    bnyrc9Jl.jpg

Mayflash stick parts swap, wiring.
    hKzggeDm.jpg

Panzer Fightsick with PS360+ and db15 adapter
    CU19NV4m.jpg

Hori fighting Edge PCB replacement, PS360+ with functioning touchpad and LED wiring.
    RNlOBLXl.jpg

The ULTIMATE BUDGET BLUETOOTH FIGHTSTICK!!

PM me if you are interested/any questions.

Cheers
    Post edited by JRDIBBS on
    I mod so you can play!
    Joysticks, buttons and PCBs, all at paradisearcade.com!
    The Man @ MightyJRMods- PM me for fixes and mods in the USA www.mightyjrmods.com
    Kaimana Guru, check out my GitHub for layouts, animations and more!
    Member of the Church of Dremel and the Cult of Hot Glue.
    No mod is finished until you wrangle that wiring!
  • MonkeyGovernorMonkeyGovernor Joined: Posts: 191
    Anyone near the 90035 area doing PS4 PadHacks? Wanted to start getting a joystick ready for the upcoming fighting games on PS4.

Feel free to message me if you're in the area. Thanks!
  • jujugreen619jujugreen619 Joined: Posts: 2
    Is there any modders for wiis in San Diego
    Good luck to us both. I don't think modders really check this thread much anymore. Or at least they aren't in the Santa Monica / Los Angeles area.
  • RoyalFlushTZRoyalFlushTZ *Not a Ryu cosplayer! Joined: Posts: 1,456
    Good luck to us both. I don't think modders really check this thread much anymore. Or at least they aren't in the Santa Monica / Los Angeles area.

I check very frequently. I live in Santa Clarita, visit Los Angeles area every week, and go to TRB pretty often. San Diego peeps just need to make the trip to TRB when I'm there.
    Thor/M.O.D.O.K/Viewtiful Joe
    Long live the Mighty THODOK! I do stick mods, too!
    youtube.com/RoyalFlush for TvC:UAS and T5DR vids

I check very frequently. I live in Santa Clarita, visit Los Angeles area every week, and go to TRB pretty often. San Diego peeps just need to make the trip to TRB when I'm there.

If you let me know when you're headed to the Los Angeles area again, I'd love to hire you for a couple jobs actually. The PS4 padhack and quick re-solder of a wire on a Xbox One Padhack.

I appreciate you checking this thread here. Hope to talk to you soon.
  • shane_planeshane_plane Joined: Posts: 5
    Can anyone confirm if there will be any modders (or are any of you guys) going to TFC?

Last year there was a dual mod booth for $100, and this year I'd love to get in on that however I have some questions. Do they supply the parts necessary and just do as many as they have the supplies for, or do I need to supply the PCB myself?
    "his comparison suggests we're all closet african-americans."
  • encore36encore36 Joined: Posts: 21
    Looking for custom art for a TE2, hmu

USF4 - Bison (Dictator) / Balrog (Boxer)
  • FrankCastleAZFrankCastleAZ SRKTT Modder of the Year 2014 & AZHP Gaming Founder Joined: Posts: 910
    encore36 wrote: »
    Looking for custom art for a TE2, hmu

Thread here:
    http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/137307/the-new-official-arcade-stick-art-thread-no-image-quoting

Also @d3v is widely known as one of the best arcade stick graphic designers and he takes commissions.
    SRK Tech Talk Modder of the Year 2014 - Best retail sticks of all time = Onyx/Pearl, TE1, Dragon, VLX
    AZHP Gaming - Providing casual and tournament video gaming services at events and conventions since 2006
    Paradise Arcade Shop <-- Buy all of your arcade parts from here
    Eightarc <-- Buy all of your arcade sticks from here (Code AZFGC2015 for $10 off $50+ or AZHPGAMING for $15 off $100+)
    Still checking to see if anyone is modding out in the Los Angeles area.
  • BugattiBisonBugattiBison Joined: Posts: 7
    ed1371 wrote: »
    In nc and can mod just about anything... also part of the paradise arcade builders program...

What part of NC?
  • MetamonkMetamonk Joined: Posts: 5
    Hi there,

I'm a quadriplegic looking for an arcade stick with analog sticks (fully analog)just like on a Dualshock controller, like on this realisation:

Due to my limited finger use, I can't use small controllers for games other than fighting games, I'm stuck on my PC and can't play PS3 or XBOX exclusivities such as Gran Turismo or GTA V.

Would someone be able to build such a stick?
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 23,929
    Metamonk wrote: »
    Hi there,

I'm a quadriplegic looking for an arcade stick with analog sticks (fully analog)just like on a Dualshock controller, like on this realisation:

Due to my limited finger use, I can't use small controllers for games other than fighting games, I'm stuck on my PC and can't play PS3 or XBOX exclusivities such as Gran Turismo or GTA V.

Would someone be able to build such a stick?
    What do you have full use of, we could build something that you do have use of. If you can't use your fingers we can focus on something else.

Your Arm, neck, Toes, ect.

I am ware of some work arounds like wiring motion controls to take over for analog.

“Strong people don't put others down... They lift them up.”
    - Darth Vader, Philanthropist
    Actually I can play fighting games such as SF (I have a Hori arcade stick), I can move my hands and arms pretty normally, but fingers in a limited way (enough to perform fireballs and other specials) but for games that require left and right analog sticks the buttons are really too small on a standard controller, the best thing would be an arcade size stick with all the buttons on the top.

I have a pattern here:
    [img][/img]197653sticktetra.png

• RufusRufus An unexpected database error has occurred. Joined: Posts: 1,966
    Where are you, geographically speaking (i.e. what city)?

That pattern looks like it's from the referenced stick. It's got 'thumb' style analogs. Do those work well for you?

Do you have examples of other devices that do work well for you?

Hitboxes http://www.pedantic.org/~nate/HDR/
    "You don't know what you're talking about as much as I do." -- Unknown
  • manbehindthewiresmanbehindthewires Consider yourself lightly, consider the world deeply Joined: Posts: 947
    edited December 2014
    So, top to bottom, that's back/home/start, then the L3/R3, then the 4 shoulder buttons, then the 4 face buttons, then the 2 analogues?
    Would a 3rd stick be worthwhile for dpad controls too? Or a hitbox layout?
    Some tech talkers are working on a single analogue stick atm to work with smash bros, which might be a good resource for whoever gives it a shot.
    http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/193475/project-dedicated-smash-bros-arcade-stick-questions-please-help

BIIIIIIIIIIG EDIT: I've gotten really into this idea since reading it and had a good snoop around.
    Found a company called Quasimoto do/did a range of analogue arcade sticks:
    Quasicon-Axis-1P.jpg
    large-quasicon.jpg
    controller.jpg

They appear on sites like AbleGamers (great charity for finding solutions to disability-specific gaming difficulties) as a solution for people with cerebral palsy etc

Finding one to buy seems pretty tough, the Quasicon website and every link I can find that leads to a shop for them has dried up, but it's clear that they're out there and there are a few of them. Again, maybe asking on AbleGamers would be a good shout, to see if anyone has one for sale. The last one on ebay went for $41 and a custom job won't come near that price.

Would love to see someone on TT give it a shot though.

Post edited by manbehindthewires on
    SFV: Chun Li [CFN: thewires / manbehindthewires]
    Third Strike: Alex/Ibuki [Fightcade: MBTW]
    Here to learn.
    Rufus, I live near Lyon in France.

The thum style analogs work OK for me, they would need to be of a grippy material so my finger doesn't slip on them.

I have a PS3 on which I play only fighting games with the Hori Fighting Stick 3 I manage to use relatively well even though I don't like the buttons position:
    hori-fighting-stick-3-20070220030501252-000.jpg

manbehinthewires, I made a quick doc with the legend: (I left lots of space between the buttons but that isn't necessary dunno why I did that!)
    mini_897477Layout1.jpg

As for the Quasicon, I had one years ago but the thing was massive (10lbs on my thighs, ouch I think the max I could take would be 4 to 5 lbs), the sticks were somehow strangely responsive (delay?), and the buttons were curved inside which was not very convenient for me (I'd prefer flat or rounded for a better feel of it).

I got a response from Jason at GIANTSWORD, any of you guys could do such a stick?

Let me know!

Rufus, I live near Lyon in France.
    I got a response from Jason at GIANTSWORD, any of you guys could do such a stick?

Let me know!

I think that several people here could build something like that, but the logistics are problematic for people in the US.
    You mean shipment? Hows that?
    You mean shipment? Hows that?

Basically, yes. Shipping the stick back and forth if something goes wrong is going to be expensive and slow. There's also potential time difference and currency issues.
  • dtgodmage22dtgodmage22 Joined: Posts: 346
    Damn no modders in colorado
  • KCO_AstroKCO_Astro Joined: Posts: 16

I can help you out with some stuff. I haven't done any mods for XBOne or PS4 but I'm willing to give it a try ;)
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 23,929
    “Strong people don't put others down... They lift them up.”
    - Darth Vader, Philanthropist
    Thanks Darksakul, looks fine but the analogs may just not be placed ideally for me. Actually Jason from Giantsword has agreed on building me a custom stick, I'll post photos when I'll get it!
  • manbehindthewiresmanbehindthewires Consider yourself lightly, consider the world deeply Joined: Posts: 947
    Please do! Glad to hear it's working out :)
    Here to learn.
  • YenjoiYenjoi Joined: Posts: 556
    Maybe its time I get put on here.

Salt lake city Utah.
    Can do any mods xbox 360, ps3, xbox one, and ps4. Other modding services like stick art as well
    edited December 2014
    Amazing still no one around in the Los Angeles / Santa Monica area.
  • FrankCastleAZFrankCastleAZ SRKTT Modder of the Year 2014 & AZHP Gaming Founder Joined: Posts: 910
    Amazing still no one around in the Los Angeles / Santa Monica area.

@jdm714‌

SRK Tech Talk Modder of the Year 2014 - Best retail sticks of all time = Onyx/Pearl, TE1, Dragon, VLX
    AZHP Gaming - Providing casual and tournament video gaming services at events and conventions since 2006
    Paradise Arcade Shop <-- Buy all of your arcade parts from here
    Eightarc <-- Buy all of your arcade sticks from here (Code AZFGC2015 for $10 off $50+ or AZHPGAMING for $15 off $100+)
  • noober2noober2 Pre 09 member Joined: Posts: 409
    KCO_Astro wrote: »

I can help you out with some stuff. I haven't done any mods for XBOne or PS4 but I'm willing to give it a try ;)

where at in colorado are you located? I have a namco stick that I tried modding and I can't even get it back to stock, so frustrated considering I went and bought supplies to mod the stick.
  • VeikuriVeikuri Joined: Posts: 457
    Anyone in New York? PM'ed Hak waiting on response.
  • ogrebitesogrebites Joined: Posts: 219
    I suppose I can be added. Albuquerque, New Mexico. Don't have any pictures at the moment but I have worked with Jasens's Customs, can do nice clean wiring (netted and heat shrinked). I have done LED mods with the Kaimana controller board.
    BlazBlue ^.^ When's Under Night?? ~Melty Blood~
  • GummoGummo Can We Mod It? Yes, We Can! Joined: Posts: 5,523
    edited January 2015
    So, top to bottom, that's back/home/start, then the L3/R3, then the 4 shoulder buttons, then the 4 face buttons, then the 2 analogues?
    Would a 3rd stick be worthwhile for dpad controls too? Or a hitbox layout?
    Some tech talkers are working on a single analogue stick atm to work with smash bros, which might be a good resource for whoever gives it a shot.
    http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/193475/project-dedicated-smash-bros-arcade-stick-questions-please-help

BIIIIIIIIIIG EDIT: I've gotten really into this idea since reading it and had a good snoop around.
    Found a company called Quasimoto do/did a range of analogue arcade sticks:

They appear on sites like AbleGamers (great charity for finding solutions to disability-specific gaming difficulties) as a solution for people with cerebral palsy etc

Finding one to buy seems pretty tough, the Quasicon website and every link I can find that leads to a shop for them has dried up, but it's clear that they're out there and there are a few of them. Again, maybe asking on AbleGamers would be a good shout, to see if anyone has one for sale. The last one on ebay went for $41 and a custom job won't come near that price.

Would love to see someone on TT give it a shot though.

Guess no one saw me mod one of those sticks for ps3,360, ps4, xb1? forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/comment/8719463/#Comment_8719463
    Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/gummowned
    Twitter: @Gummowned
    Will be providing my modding services at EVO @ the Madcatz booth!
  • gahrlinggahrling Better safe than Hori.. Joined: Posts: 3,968
    Gummo wrote: »
    Guess no one saw me mod one of those sticks for ps3,360, ps4, xb1? forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/comment/8719463/#Comment_8719463

How did I miss that? I don't care what anyone says, THAT is the stick mod of the year.

Fuck.
    Seconded.
    I honestly thought that was gonna be a link to a troll face or something.
    Seriously Gummo, that's a stick to be proud of.
    Here to learn.
  • skaloolaskaloola Joined: Posts: 172
    anyone actively doing mods in San Francisco? Want to do an LED button (maybe balltop) mod.. also padhacking a PS4.

PM me
  • joeurgodjoeurgod Joined: Posts: 100
    Anyone in this thread still actively building stick? I would like to commission a custom ABEL themed stick. Plz reply.