Need a Modder/Builder in Your Area? Check This Post.

1171819202123»

Comments

• SeggyGagaSeggyGaga Joined: Posts: 10
    Anyone that can do mods out of south texas.
  • InallahtentInallahtent Joined: Posts: 10
    Hi. I'm looking for a modder in the Kitchener/Waterloo/Cambridge area. Even Toronto will do.

What I'm looking for is installing a Brooks universal board and a hit box I have. I play on Xbox and I don't have the time to do it myself. I can buy the parts and accessories. Just install it and we're good.

Future works would be available.
  • BolSadguyBolSadguy Toronto Stick Modder Joined: Posts: 1,609
    Hi. I'm looking for a modder in the Kitchener/Waterloo/Cambridge area. Even Toronto will do.

What I'm looking for is installing a Brooks universal board and a hit box I have. I play on Xbox and I don't have the time to do it myself. I can buy the parts and accessories. Just install it and we're good.

Future works would be available.

PM'd
  • NoChartNoChart When the urgency strikes you, you better not lose your nerve. Joined: Posts: 935
    Looking for a modder who either has a frankenpad or is willing to put one together. PS4/PC PCB preferrred. Hit me up!

Distance doesn't matter much to me, but I'm in the New England area.
    Steam ID: NoChart
  • WoobiEWoobiE Joined: Posts: 5
    Looking for someone who can make me a empty DIY fight stick case. Just need the appropriate holes cut out.
    I'm located in Australia.
  • hummer197933hummer197933 Joined: Posts: 19
    edited July 2
    looking for a someone who can dual mod/or just straight up replace a te s + xbox360 stick into a ps3/ps4 stick in the dallas texas area.
  • CyrusCyrus Join date March 2001 Joined: Posts: 40
    Looking for someone to build a PS4, w/ 8 button, optical 360 joystick. I used to purchase from Mas Systems but I believe they are out of business. In the So Cal (Orange County) area.
  • tripletoppertripletopper Joined: Posts: 41
    I am looking for someone to either build a custom stick or re-wire an existing stick that doesn't work, because of a supposedly reassignable design that didn't pan out right. I understand it might cost somewhere between $300-$500. I have a unique design for a joystick, and a story about how I beat an eventual champ using a right-handed joystick in Street Fighter II New Challengers for the Sega Genesis. I want someone who can advise me, but can listen to me. A previous person I talked to suggested new designs, and I pointed out a flaw, and that person fixed by another flaw, and at one point said no it doesn't, and doesn't explain how or why.

This is probably going to be a very long conversation, because of a side effect of an ambidextrous joystick, having to remap buttons on games that won't let you remap. Add to the fact I'd like this joystick to work with potentially "everything from the 2600 to the 360 and beyond", including Nintendo Switch and Xbox One. I have about 17 different systems, and eventually need a joystick interface for each one. It may cost even more than $500, but I'll pay in installments beyond the $500 to finish the job. All I need to start is Switch, Xbox One, 360, and Wii/Wii U classic. Also I prefer to use the original PCBS or a system-authorized third party one, that I will send to you.

So if you sound interested, either post your US telephone number, or PM it to me. I'll call you. Or you can send me your PM account so I can PM you MY telephone number. This requires lots of quick and long back and forth where text posting is too slow. I'll call you because I got unlimited long distance.
  • GabrielTanadorGabrielTanador Joined: Posts: 1
    Looking for a Rgh on a 2013 360 E, with xex and stealth. I am located in in Mass close to RI. Message me if you can.
  • Mr_gaijinMr_gaijin Joined: Posts: 2
    @me_tan: Are you going to be selling those modules at some point?
  • heunnerisbonosheunnerisbonos Joined: Posts: 77
    currently on the lookout for someone to make me a recreation of the HRAP3 casing, no color needed, no wires buttons etc. either. i just need a ready for paint style case. if need be i do have a HRAP3 case that's covered in paint in my possession, but its used as a Frankenstein travel stick if im going to a sketchy spot. i know the site smallcab has the ultra ulia thing, but to get that to the us would probs be pricey, and i dont have any personal experience with that seller. im in indiana, but id be willing to pay shipping.
  • DAyalaDAyala Joined: Posts: 60
    I really recommend ArcadePC.MX for customs, takes about 2 months to get it made but its real solid and they work with you pretty well, message @Ki!!haRa. Couldn't be happier with the service I have been provided.
  • kaa03firekaa03fire Joined: Posts: 4
    Any fightstick repairment in Toronto, Canada? Joystick for my q4raf is on the not working side.
  • MariosMarios Joined: Posts: 55
    Modders in Berlin ?
  • onlinekenlulonlinekenlul Joined: Posts: 2
    Anyone in the DMV/East Coast area that builds custom hitboxes with keyboard layouts?
  • streetlightsstreetlights Joined: Posts: 19
    Hi, im looking for a modder in the sf bay area that could add db15 ports onto two of my fightsticks like the ones at windygaming

https://www.windygaming.com/products/db15-modded-ps3-atp-300-compatible-street-fighter-4-fightstick

I would be using these sticks foe a supergun...thanks!
  • ford12acingford12acing Joined: Posts: 35
    Looking for someone to build me a fight stick case for IL parts in the old Capcom layout but with eight buttons, and a couple custom design ideas about additional button placement for start and select. Would also need neutrik mount
    I'm looking for a stick wirer. I already have the stick made. There are 3 key features I need. One is ambidexterity. Second is compatibility for every system I have from the 2600 to the Switch. Third is the ability to remap buttons using a Pre-PCB "telephone operator" system of RCA wires. (Why RCAs? Because if the cats chew them, I can more easily replace them with easy-to-find-at-Goodwill parts, and can do my own labor of replacing them instead of hiring someone to fix a cat chew.) I am willing to pay a $300 plus paypal fees as a deposit. I have a steady sure of income where I can pay $25-50 a month to finish it. I'm paying as I come. I pay for a portion of the work before you do the work. I'll pay for shipping from and to my house anywhere in the US. (don't want to deal with customs) For more details visit 56ok.org/Ambidetrous/index.htm If you want to do it, private message any means of contact you wish to use. You might want to use a phone for quicker ping time in questions and answers. Feel free to record the conversation, or keep track of emails. I also don't need it by a particular time because I am not a professional competitor.
  • jopamojopamo Stuck in Silly-con Valley Joined: Posts: 1,304
    edited November 22
    I'm looking for a stick wirer. I already have the stick made. There are 3 key features I need. One is ambidexterity. Second is compatibility for every system I have from the 2600 to the Switch. Third is the ability to remap buttons using a Pre-PCB "telephone operator" system of RCA wires. (Why RCAs? Because if the cats chew them, I can more easily replace them with easy-to-find-at-Goodwill parts, and can do my own labor of replacing them instead of hiring someone to fix a cat chew.) I am willing to pay a $300 plus paypal fees as a deposit. I have a steady sure of income where I can pay $25-50 a month to finish it. I'm paying as I come. I pay for a portion of the work before you do the work. I'll pay for shipping from and to my house anywhere in the US. (don't want to deal with customs) For more details visit 56ok.org/Ambidetrous/index.htm If you want to do it, private message any means of contact you wish to use. You might want to use a phone for quicker ping time in questions and answers. Feel free to record the conversation, or keep track of emails. I also don't need it by a particular time because I am not a professional competitor.

giphy.gif
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 24,251

Why would you need RCA connectors? Arcade buttons already comes with a User accessible quick disconnects
    And the Crimp on Quick disconnects are even found in most hardware stores and autoparts stores. I buy a 10 for a dollar online.

“Strong people don't put others down... They lift them up.”
    - Darth Vader, Philanthropist
    Darksakul wrote: »

Why would you need RCA connectors? Arcade buttons already comes with a User accessible quick disconnects
    And the Crimp on Quick disconnects are even found in most hardware stores and autoparts stores. I buy a 10 for a dollar online.

Mainly because if a cat chews an external RCA wire, RCA cables are no fuss, no muss, and easy to find and replace. Plus they're thick enough where my cats would probably not want to chew them in the first place. Other things require more knowledge like building your own wires and detaching and reattaching and soldering and a whole bunch of stuff I don't want to deal with. The labor is easier with RCAs, just get RCA cable, plug in one end, plug in the other, and you're done. Remember this is for frequent unplugging and replugging. Quick connects I've had died out and broke before. I can find 3 RCA cable sets for 50 cents at Goodwill. I've never had an RCA connector break or fail. Every time I had an RCA cable fail was because of the routed them wrong, not because the cable failed.

Also I need them organized in such a way so the hole is evident of what function. I'm thinking of mounting RCA females in an arrangement that looks like a joypad and my stick so it doesn't become a Cable Spaghetti Mess where labels would fall off and make the plugs indistinguishable and therefore risk hooking the ground in the wrong place.
    My website now has all the links up. visit 56ok.org/Ambidextrous/index.htm to read about my job. I tested all the links and they work. By the way, my previous link to the above website didn't link right. I tested this link. This one does. Same terms as above.

Mainly because if a cat chews an external RCA wire, RCA cables are no fuss, no muss, and easy to find and replace. Plus they're thick enough where my cats would probably not want to chew them in the first place. Other things require more knowledge like building your own wires and detaching and reattaching and soldering and a whole bunch of stuff I don't want to deal with. The labor is easier with RCAs, just get RCA cable, plug in one end, plug in the other, and you're done. Remember this is for frequent unplugging and replugging. Quick connects I've had died out and broke before. I can find 3 RCA cable sets for 50 cents at Goodwill. I've never had an RCA connector break or fail. Every time I had an RCA cable fail was because of the routed them wrong, not because the cable failed.

Also I need them organized in such a way so the hole is evident of what function. I'm thinking of mounting RCA females in an arrangement that looks like a joypad and my stick so it doesn't become a Cable Spaghetti Mess where labels would fall off and make the plugs indistinguishable and therefore risk hooking the ground in the wrong place.

But those wires are Internal by default. None of that wiring external and it does not need to be external.
    Your over complicating and making a project more expensive than it needs to be.

Buy having external RCA cables for button rewiring, you are looking at additional points of failure

I also read your site, where you even get your info from? That is all wrong.
    Hello Darksakul: (I almost called you Dark Saul, being a play off Darth Maul ;) )
    But those wires are Internal by default. None of that wiring external and it does not need to be external.
    Your over complicating and making a project more expensive than it needs to be.

Buy having external RCA cables for button rewiring, you are looking at additional points of failure

About the ambidextrous wish list: It is just that, a WISH list, meaning if Fairly Oddparents exist, that's what I'd wish for. I understand there are more practical concerns. I agree that having RCA females make more points of possible failure. I had a reason why I prefer external parts. I don't want to tamper with a good setup. And I forsee the need of having a "base setup" and a "flexable setup" for some things I see in the future and past. 2 games I can think of where I need hardware-based reprogrammability are Tutankham (with a left fire and right fire) and Pac-Land (with a left run and right run) Hopefully you can appreciate the problem with a one-size-fits-all-games solution. And if something goes wrong with this solution, only games that need this solution would be hampered, and not every game. I'm trying to isolate the problem, so I can still game, just not those 2 games. And I've had problems working with little wires in a spaghetti, kabelsalat mess with wire labels that fall off too easily. I thought externalizing it makes it more "user-friendly", and the RCAs make it more "user-serviceable"

I also read your site, where you even get your info from? That is all wrong.

What specifically was wrong? Was it on my joystick page specifically, or on the 56ok reviews? Is it a difference of opinion, not understanding the perspective of the website, or an actual factual statement I made wrong? Most of the website are my personal experiences, both from a low bandwidth gaming perspective, and a "pre-1985 right-handed" one. These are my personal experiences. I only have authority to speak for one person, me. Your mileage may vary.

By the way, I understand $300 is a lot to have in reserve for a deposit on a joystick. You sound like you're an expert. I found your user id at the beginning under this joystick makers thread . I understand it just doesn't just cover the parts, and labor, but the knowledge as well. There are some things I want that I know how to do it, I'm just not handy with a soldering gun and just need a proverbial driver on the road to my joystick, some things I want to get, but need a guide because I don't know the way, (like some previous pitfalls I've just climbed out of and don't want to fall into again.) and some things which is on a proverbial wish list, way too expensive to be practical. I need an expert to help me sort through this. If an up-to-$300 deposit, for a joystick that is already over 50% made and just needs some final work, sounds like a good amount, I could use advice like yours. :)

If you want to deal with me, just let me know and maybe we can work something out. If you want a low ping conversation, private message me your phone number, and I promise I won't give it out to anyone, or let me private message you my phone number, whichever you prefer. I've got unlimited US and Canada long distance.
    I can predict one thing you might say I got factually wrong. The claim that I said the Nintendo d-pad was originally supposed to be right handed:

If the original intent wasn't a right handed d-pad when why does this picture exist? https://google.com/patents/US4687200 Click on image 1 and you'll see a right-handed d-pad confirming my theory, that the only reason why they went left handed was because of Donkey Kong and future arcade hits, and the only reason Donkey Kong was that way was because the arcade cabinets from Donkey Kong were re-converted Radarscope machines, and back then, people thought, if you can only choose one, pick the most important control to be right handed. If firing was more important than dodging in Radarscope, then the fire should be more important, hence on the right, hence left stick. It miht have been a cost saving move to put Donkey Kong's stick on the left, more than it was an ergonomic one.
    Hey Darksakul, are you there? Do you want to discuss possibly doing my joystick?
    I going to respectfully pass this one up
    Thx.
    Darksakul, I understand I may have to find someone I mesh with. Since you see no reason to have an external button swapper, I can't convince you of it, as much as I tried lightly on the forum. Luckily I found one person, who I just have to wait until he has some free time, another where who initially liked the idea, but I couldn't get a hold of, and one you has a phone number for custom work, but never answers their phone. I'll just see which one is most eager.

As for the one who left me, he knowingly combined items, and I said I wanted a modular design so that if one part fails, ONLY stuff related to that part won't work, but I can enjoy the rest of the stuff while it's being repaired. The whole point of the external button swapper was so that if it failed, only a few limited gamesthat required a radical change in button arrangement and didn't have software adjustments, wouldn't work, butt e main multi-console PCB WOULD work without it. The joystick would in base mode work for all Capcom games and any games with button remapping. The point of hard-wiring a removable external button changer was to change the buttons in a game where there was no option, but to let most games with button remapping options not be affected. And just as importantly is to not to mess up a good joystick unnecessarily. I've had a joyustick where I had to fiddle with internal parts. it was not a pretty thing. I didn't wanted so integrated in the system where if that failed, I'd have to send in my whole PS360+ because they are siamese twins fused to the same unit. He didn't believe I was willing to pay, but I had $300 deposit for him. That was the breaking point. I accused him of over-engineering because (from what I perceive) stuff that could have just as easily been separated were integrated with no additional benefit except "controlling 2 consoles at once." Why in the world would anyone, except for someone testing how literal of a translation an older game is remade for a newer system, want to control 2 systems at once? I can think of no practical uses, even if I stretch, except the one I mentioned..

I'm not going to call him out by name. He knows my user name of tripletopper. If he reads this, I'm just showing him where I thought he tried to make a power play. I never asked for 2 consoles to be controlled at once. The closest I've come to that was theorizing about a "move recorder/playback unit" to test whether a particular video game is legally a skill game within Ohio if I did video game tournaments, but that was a long way off. That was a feature he added that he thought I'd be willing to pay for, but actually wasn't. In fairness I did mention it, but said that would be for a business expense, not for my joystick. By the way, I found him on Etsy.com So if you ok for a joystick builder on etsy.com, the only one I know who responds to it did this thing, and made the ultimatum that I a) accept his changes and not ask questions, b) do it my way and have no warrantee, or c) not do business with him. it was tough between a and c, but in retrospect, now that I think of it, if he wasn't willing to see that flaw, then I don't know if I can work with him.
    Actually for me the Holidays are a busy time for me both in personal life and work, so I don't have much me time.
    And no one here (at least I know off) do stick modding as their full time job.

Second, what you are asking with RCA cables calls for is alot of drilling and cutting. Which is never a straight forwards process.
    What you are asking for and to look decent takes alot of time, effort and shopping for the exact right panel mount parts. I can do it quick, fast and cheap but its going to look terrible.
    I don't want to deal with that at this time.