ask me something

BuktoothBuktooth vietnamazingJoined: Posts: 1,713 mod
ok, this thread was made mainly so people will hopefully stop spamming me with PMs and IMs about inane questions. I am NOT taking cvs2 questions from PMs or msgs anymore.

Ask questions to me here, but first, a bunch of guidelines to follow:

1) BE SPECIFIC!. This means awesome questions like "teach me iori" (which isn't a question) or "how do i get good at cvs2" are getting ignored.

2) Do research first. It's been said a bazillion times, but use the search function before posting and make sure what you're asking hasn't been answered elsewhere.

3) No "rate my team" questions. These include suggestions on characters, orders, ratios, etc. All I'm gonna say is use who you like and make it work.

4) Nothing tier-related. All that junk goes in the other thread.

Questions that don't follow these guidelines or are just plain retarded will be ignored. To show that i didn't forget or skip the post, i'll edit it (via my awesome mod powers!) and add a little "ignored" remark to the end of the post. If i'm feeling generous i'll even say why the post was ignored.

I already have a bad reputation for disappearing from my own threads, and it'll probably be even worse now that i work 4329847328 hours a week. Here's a secret to making me stick around for threads longer: ask me stuff that can be answered in a paragraph or less.
-Campbell Tran

as of 12/02/09:

me: did pz john ever give the japanese players their money
bas: hahah of course no

Comments

• popoblopopoblo Joined: Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    good shit! here's my question...

what's the BEST position for C-rolento in a team? 1st or 2nd? i know in your old thread you said he's better second, but i was thinking why he may be better first. and i'm not asking you to rate my team, i'm just wondering about position.

-he runs into more counter character matchups first, such as vega and guile

-since the other character doesn't have a level 2 or CC yet, you can work the counter hit standing jab game without fear of eating a wakeup/random level 2 or CC

-rolento is a really solid battery anyways, and building a level 1 takes no time in C-groove, so you'd have an AC fast

i know it's nice to have a level 3 to combo into super instead of patriot circles, which rolento would have in the user position, but i think all of those other benefits outweigh that problem. so why do you think he's better second instead of first?

peace
  • epsilon_epsilon_ helpful Joined: Posts: 3,582
    dollar money match at fr8? you can pick your business team and everything. then maybe a 3s dollar match?
    i don't care what the critics say, violence is a beauuutiful thing!
  • FMJaguarFMJaguar Joined: Posts: 2,728 admin
    kcxj come back to my house and play ken
  • SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
    Can you give any tips when vs chun? I use Kyo & Rock most of the time if it helps.

Ignored - not specific enough
  • MAGUS1234MAGUS1234 walk forward Joined: Posts: 3,993
    Q#1-I play A-Team Ortiz, how useful and when should I activate throw??Alot of times I activale and end up trying to bait a counter attack with RC's in a GC string, but I don't ever really get anything done.
    Q#2-What are the trip gaurd CC's I sould be doing, I start all of them with c.mk and get it 50% of the time.

THX!!
    I came to Keystone II and all I got was DP'd.
    I was watching a sai rec vid..

and I clearly see maki canceling her chain into a special..
    how does that work? unless its an EX groove.
  • BuktoothBuktooth vietnamazing Joined: Posts: 1,713 mod
    popoblo wrote:
    what's the BEST position for C-rolento in a team? 1st or 2nd?
    he's now evolved to the point where he works pretty much anywhere on a team. there's still a lot of reasons I think he works best as a user character though:

1) rolento has a hard time holding onto meter. he's constantly burning meter with ACs, thus never letting him get to level 3.

2) one of the easiest ways for rolento to land a cross up is post-AC. that cross up is totally random which way you block it. if rolento didn't have a full bar before the AC, the best he can do after the cross up is combo into patriot circles. with a full bad, he can combo into level 2 trip wire, which then leads to another crazy set up.

3) rolento is a lot better than most characters at not getting hit by other user characters' supers/ccs.

4) standing forward xx super.
    epsilon_ wrote:
    dollar money match at fr8? you can pick your business team and everything. then maybe a 3s dollar match?
    definitely.
    Shin Ace wrote:
    ]When 2 kim's do footstomps in tandem, and trade, the sound glitches. Why does the sound glitch? There's no way to stop it, but the sound glitch does go silent for the few frames of a super freeze.
    no clue.
    MAGUS1234 wrote:
    Q#1-I play A-Team Ortiz, how useful and when should I activate throw??Alot of times I activale and end up trying to bait a counter attack with RC's in a GC string, but I don't ever really get anything done.
    Q#2-What are the trip gaurd CC's I sould be doing, I start all of them with c.mk and get it 50% of the time.
    activate throw is pretty guaranteed damage most of the time, since trying to tech/counter the throw totally isn't worth the risk. when the opponent is getting up from the throw, do a meaty RC move, then chain it into normals to keep you initiative going. You can do psuedo genei-jin'ish throw/counter hit mix ups from there.

pretty much every trip guard cc consists of activate, low forward, ground chain into sweep, then start the juggle.
    -Campbell Tran

as of 12/02/09:

• Yumi SaotomeYumi Saotome eh-sama Joined: Posts: 361
    Other than Sagat, who else makes a decent R2 C-Groove character and why? Why in C-Groove versus some other groove?

How does C-Chun-li fight Yamazaki and Vega?

Short of A-Groove, how do you stop a turtling/zoning P-Groove player?

Is Rolento's level 1 tripwire a good anti-air? If not...WHY DO I KEEP GETTING HIT BY THAT :confused:
    "No more Ky. Play Robo-Ky" - RF telling me to stop losing.

Retired from fighting games, but I actively troll.
  • Pimp WillyPimp Willy "I guarantee we got a rat in the house!" Joined: Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I play K-Akuma, Sagat, 2-Cammy, and just had a match up question regarding Akuma...

Akuma pretty much gets eaten alive if I play against a competent Blanka/Sagat. Usually, I rush down most characters as best I can, but against Blanka/Sagat I end up having to play zone more. Any tips to give K-Akuma a fighting chance?

Also, with Cammy, if you cannon drill into them and are blocked, is the frame advantage really enough to where you can just defend any counter attack that would come in? (ignoring throws, of course)

e$ports
    FC: 0018-4935-1331
  • TantinTantin [iHeatExtend] Joined: Posts: 1,099
    Lets say I have no consistant competition aside from a few people sixty miles away. Is it worth attempting to get better at the game despite having more consistant competition in other games? And if so, what's the best way to get good without competition?
    I stand 77 feet tall, I got eight balls
    and all'a'y'all are subject to my sprawl
    I act appalled when in receipt of less than the highest honor
    some day I'll be both revered & passe like madonna
  • RanevskiRanevski Shin Gamer Joined: Posts: 244
    I'd really like to 2nd the question on 'Who is a good R2 anchor in C besides Sagat?' All I ever see is Sagat, Blanka, Cammy, and Yamazaki as popular anchors in C. I use Ryu :rolleyes:, but I've been thinking of changing to Bison forever, but then I may as well jump on the A-Groove bandwagon >.<

EDIT: Also I'd just like to throw out the suggestion to bring back the part of the 'Character Specific' forums that listed like the 10 most recent posts in any of the character threads. I realise this was taken down due to there being a bug where it just displayed stickies, was just wondering if you guys were able to fix it or anything? 'Cuase that really made it easier to see what topics were 'hot'.
    I intend to live forever. So far so good.
  • wepeelwepeel Blanka is my only hope Joined: Posts: 1,180
    I got a few questions.

What was one of the first scrub patterns you had to talk yourself out of doing? We've all fallen into dumb habits, and I was wondering what you did before you got so good.

Who would you hate losing to most: fobby AzN guy or a trash-talking black guy? Lets say both are scrubs and got lucky or something.
    do you believe I would take such a thing with me, and give it to a police man

-find the truth on page 318 of the Thinking Out Loud Thread V.2
  • Mr.SNKMr.SNK . . . . -B Joined: Posts: 1,809 mod
    wepeel wrote:
    I got a few questions.

What was one of the first scrub patterns you had to talk yourself out of doing? We've all fallen into dumb habits, and I was wondering what you did before you got so good.

Who would you hate losing to most: fobby AzN guy or a trash-talking black guy? Lets say both are scrubs and got lucky or something.

I hate losing to my self cause I see my mistakes and dont correct them. :tdown: Beat the scrub out of your self first then worry about other people.
    A article on how to get better at fighting games, give it a read you might learn something.
    http://shoryuken.com/blogs/mr-snk/learning-how-get-better-fighting-games-1456/#comments
    Random E.Honda footage/My Youtube page.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/MrSNK
  • Legendary GokouLegendary Gokou 210Nem Joined: Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Few quesions.

Can Maki cancel a st jab and do her KKK move to avoid super? A Blanka player did Blanka's charge bfbf punch super as I did st jab. During the super flash I hit KKK and the super went right by me.

Whats the best option against a K groover with no DP move?
    CFN: 210Nem
    SFV Karin
    Buk:

This is a more general question. Lately, I've been thinking about what you need to know in order to excel in CVS2 (and other SF games). It seems like there are maybe 4-5 key things to master for most characters, but the rest just slip away into some fucked up category (prolly called random/semi-useful knowledge). The question is, is it even worth the time, effort, and personal satisfaction to try and complete a character anymore? Even if you know let's say Kyo in and out, chances are a good (not great) Sagat will still put up one helluva fight just with the basics (zoning with the fierces, c. forward, short, knowing THE combo, etc.). The theory I've been applying lately is having a sort of depth analysis for each character. You have the top-most layer which contains all the essentials, and as you keep going down, it gets more and more specific. Stuff that you would use in really weird circumstances. Anyway, how do you break down your character when you learn him/her?
  • RagingStormXRagingStormX Team Arcade Stream Joined: Posts: 5,191 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Why does your Iori rape me horribly? lol, Don't even respond to this this.
  • yyyyyy Joined: Posts: 102
    ~6 hit maki combo ending with sweep. what is it? what are the buttons for this? and tips on doing the combo? ty.
    yyy
    can /how do u puinish Sagat's level 2/3 hot foot super......... with Chun li, and Sagat?

I know C ken can lp dragon punch.....

U talked about it before but I cant find it.....? meh
  • vasAZNion13vasAZNion13 Thank you Gene. Joined: Posts: 2,368
    Can Maki cancel a st jab and do her KKK move to avoid super? A Blanka player did Blanka's charge bfbf punch super as I did st jab. During the super flash I hit KKK and the super went right by me.

you kara-ed the s.jab into her special. i've gotten c.fierce to kara into her KKK move after CC activation. this is really useful against A-sak, since can throw out normals more carelessly when she's at full bar. however i don't know how long the frame for kara-ing last, so don't rely on it. anyways, just mash the kicks when super flashes or CC activates if you see yourself doing a normal during the 'freeze'...never hurts to try if it looks like your going to eat it anyways.

i wonder if buktooth is really going to answer all these questions. :/
    SSBB friend code: 2449-4333-1879
    Hey Buk,

How do you fight Sagat, Vega, and Honda with Vice? I absolutely die to those three. Sagat zones me out like a mofo with s.lk and c.fp, and from midrange, I'm trying to get in with s.mk and ground sleeve.

Vega stuffs everything that I do and I just plain can't keep up with him. Honda, however, is just a bastard to begin with. I tend to have better success vs Rolento and Cammy than those three. I play N/K-Vice, and I'm wondering if there are any hints/strategies that I can employ to even out the ratio a bit.

I'm also wondering what you feel about P-Vice vs. K-Vice, especially in footsies situations vs Sagat and Vega. I feel that Sagat and Vega don't have much to fear in a ground war vs K-Vice, since so many of her moves are poor followups (by virtue of lack of range or lagginess) at the range where I'm jiggling footsies and JD-ing.

Besides, I like the concept. Parry into Uppercut-shoulder-ram-air sleeve madness, oh yeah.

Thanks Buk
    Q#1-how useful is it to use vega and blanka anti-air CC, that sometimes cant be followed.IE-activate, Fierce electricity, try to get the rest(bad completion rate).Or vega activate, s.FK into kick flip(only follow-up in corner).Its free and can do good damage but is it worth it?
    Q#2when guile has 3 bars should I use AC's to get the pressure that is otherwise impossible to get?I can almost never get a CC unless I baited an anti-air.
  • DentronDentron THUG LIFE Joined: Posts: 2,300
    No D wrote:
    can /how do u puinish Sagat's level 2/3 hot foot super......... with Chun li, and Sagat?

I know C ken can lp dragon punch.....

U talked about it before but I cant find it.....? meh

for level 3 (they have -5 frames):
    chun - c.jab into combo
    sagat - s.jab into combo

for level 2 (they have -3):
    block a bit and then mash throw. ive never run into a sagat player that does anything outside of throw, tiger uppercut, or nothing after a blocked tiger raid. with that being said, do any 2 frame move if your truly want to punish it, gl with that.
    iirc lv2 hot foot is -2. meaning you cannot punish it at all. i have never seen it punished ever, and i have tried and tried again to punish it with chun/ken jab.
    epsilon_ wrote:
    iirc lv2 hot foot is -2. meaning you cannot punish it at all. i have never seen it punished ever, and i have tried and tried again to punish it with chun/ken jab.

That might explain why in tournaments and videos that I've seen, I kept seeing C-groove players AC'ing the opposing sagat's lvl 2 hotfoot. Better to pay 1/3 of your bar for a guaranteed chance to switch momentum...
  • Nick T.Nick T. Joined: Posts: 3,976
    epsilon_ wrote:
    LvL 2/3 hotfoot supers are not punishable by Sagat.
    LvL 1 can be punished with Tiger Uppercut and any LvL 1/2/3 supers.
    "It's not your characters' weakness, but weakness in yourself.
    Practice it hard and you can beat anybody." -Kuni
  • b4k4b4k4 Potent Yomi. Joined: Posts: 451 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Which team is most correct?

K Kyo/Sagat/Cammy R2
    K Kyo/Cammy/Sagat R2
    K Kyo/Cammy R2/Sagat
    K Kyo/Sagat R2/Cammy

I'm not so hot with the whole team meta-gaming thing, so I need a little input here. The only thing I'm sure of is that R1 Kyo goes first.

:razz:
    Low-Tier Street Fighter, Top-Tier Theory Fighter
    XD

hihihi: orbit should invest in an air conditioner for t6
    noodleman: yea, trade the horse game for an air conditioner.
    coveguy: yes, cuz ya know, so many ppl want to buy that horse game... -_-
    i play that team. i play k k kyo sagat cammy 2 because sagat doesnt even need r2 that much in k because of rage/jd.
  • b4k4b4k4 Potent Yomi. Joined: Posts: 451 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    What are the implications of that, in terms of teams I'm likely to run into, though? Like, would I be better off with Sagat as my anchor against other teams anchors? That's the kind of thing I'm worried about.
    Low-Tier Street Fighter, Top-Tier Theory Fighter
    XD

hihihi: orbit should invest in an air conditioner for t6
    noodleman: yea, trade the horse game for an air conditioner.
    coveguy: yes, cuz ya know, so many ppl want to buy that horse game... -_-
    b4k4 wrote:
    What are the implications of that, in terms of teams I'm likely to run into, though? Like, would I be better off with Sagat as my anchor against other teams anchors? That's the kind of thing I'm worried about.

Read the rules....... :sad:
  • noodlemannoodleman Cancer of GTASF Joined: Posts: 5,165
    as a fast rule, you never put your r2 second. r2 always go third.

i personally like K Kyo/Cammy/Sagat R2 the most out of all your choices.

cammy and kyo can switch order, since you can't pass meter from one character to another, so it's not as big of a deal if cammy goes before kyo.

For K-groove it's probrably the order is probrably <your strongest r1>/<the other r1>/<your best character> (at ratio 2). Reason being you don't want your weak character to start out even against your opponent. assuming you take out your opponent's 1st r1 with yours, you have some potential to do some damage to the 2nd r1, so you get abit of an advantage when using your second r1. If you lose your 1st r1 to your opponent's 1st r1, you're at least still at a life advantage to help battle back. lastly, if you put your weak character first, it'll always be an uphill battle (even to start, and if you beat the first r1, you start with a smaller life total, minimizing your chances of doing damage to the second r1).

Also try not to put a character with small health (like cammy) in your r2 spot, since it's like playing with a handicap in terms of health. This isn't a hard fast rule, so if can avoid getting hit alot, an r2 with lower health isn't always bad.
    "You'd be better off falling asleep with the taste of my crotch in your mouth." - Miyavi

"no no! it don't hurt if spoon is greasy!" - Zangief Chronicles.
    Hey Buk I'm a long time reader not much of a poster seeing as most information I know comes from this board. Any ways I'm a P- Grove rookie I've jumped from a number of groves and decided on learning p simply because I'm not a defensive player and P - Grove is the grove for creating opportunities to land those combos I worked so hard to learn like the back of my hand. My team first and for most is (Cammy r1 Rock r1 Kyo r2 /Geese /r2) I looked through the forum for information on P- grove and it didn?t help a great deal. I need some basic direction on parrying those things that will grant me the ability to land thus combos. As well as what to practice to perfect the timing to execute parries.
  • popoblopopoblo Joined: Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    here's the million dollar question- what's going on with your 3 FAQ's you were working on?

N-Morrigan v1.0
    Hibiki v1.0
    N-Iori v2.0

any news?

peace
  • vasAZNion13vasAZNion13 Thank you Gene. Joined: Posts: 2,368
    Nick T. wrote:
    LvL 2/3 hotfoot supers are not punishable by Sagat.
    LvL 1 can be punished with Tiger Uppercut and any LvL 1/2/3 supers.

although someone already mentioned this....

"for level 3[hotfoot] (they have -5 frames):
    sagat - s.jab into combo"

s.jab comes out in 2 frames so you have 3 frames to punish lvl 3 raid. it's doable.
    SSBB friend code: 2449-4333-1879
    i have this one question that i really!! really!! can't figure out

please help....... (T_T)

is there really a way to make an ordinary iori yagami of kof 2k2 to an orochi iori
    if there really is one could you pls tell me how............

pls. dont ignore thnx........ (^_^)

Ignored - why are you asking me kof2k2 questions?
  • superminsupermin dream match never ends Joined: Posts: 1,482
    dude you're posting an off topic question in a technical help thread in a cvs2 forum in a mostly capcom board. good job

so i'm starting to play c-ken/somebody/sagat. i don't necessarily want to whore tops but i'm 2/3 way there. i'm thinking of putting in rock as my user.

is this viable at all or am i better off switching to n-groove? does he lose all that much without a run or low jump? i know his rcs are okay, he can build meter all right, and his lvl2 cancels are pretty decent. i'm just looking for someone to turtle with.

or can i use honda for my second spot. he builds meter quick and has everything that honda has going for him. kinda like c-ken/guile/sagat

you know what fuck it i should probably just use r4 c-honda and roll super all day

Ignored - team/character/ratio suggestion question
  • BuktoothBuktooth vietnamazing Joined: Posts: 1,713 mod
    Blazn wrote:

i don't remember exactly what the combo is, but i'm pretty certain that he's just kara cancel one of the moves in the chain into a special move.
    Other than Sagat, who else makes a decent R2 C-Groove character and why? Why in C-Groove versus some other groove?

How does C-Chun-li fight Yamazaki and Vega?

Short of A-Groove, how do you stop a turtling/zoning P-Groove player?

Is Rolento's level 1 tripwire a good anti-air? If not...WHY DO I KEEP GETTING HIT BY THAT
    1) rolento, chun, sort of blanka and cammy

2) way too broad. narrow it down to what exactly the problems are.

3) make sure you have meter before you try to make your move. you'll almost definitely have meter before p-groove, so risk/reward will be way in your favor.

4) errr... it shouldnt be. maybe you're attacking too high in the air.
    Pimp Willy wrote:
    Akuma pretty much gets eaten alive if I play against a competent Blanka/Sagat. Usually, I rush down most characters as best I can, but against Blanka/Sagat I end up having to play zone more. Any tips to give K-Akuma a fighting chance?

Also, with Cammy, if you cannon drill into them and are blocked, is the frame advantage really enough to where you can just defend any counter attack that would come in? (ignoring throws, of course)
    1) too broad. name specific parts of the match up that are giving you trouble

2) all parry/just defending does is let you recover one frame faster than normal (if you successfully do it), so it all depends on your distancing of the drill. obviously if you do a point blank roundhouse drill nothing is gonna save you. however, ambiguous situations are generally fairly safe for P/K grooves. it basically lets you get a little sloppier with your drill spacing, and lets you spam them a bit more.
    Tantin wrote:
    Lets say I have no consistant competition aside from a few people sixty miles away. Is it worth attempting to get better at the game despite having more consistant competition in other games? And if so, what's the best way to get good without competition?
    1) is it worth it? it all depends on how much you enjoy the game and how ambitious you are. if you just want to have fun at casual gatherings then probably not. if you aspire to be the best, then sure.

2) best way to get good without competition? build up your knowledge base first via match videos and forums, then work on your execution. basically, know what to do in every situation, then be able to execute according to plan.
    -Campbell Tran

as of 12/02/09:

• FOBioFOBio Whaddup!? Joined: Posts: 4,322 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    damn, buktooth. you get a lot of freaking questions. i was gonna ask a question, but nevermind. haha. so instead, i'll make a suggestion... why not tackle this thread with somebody else? 2-3 people could cover all these questions better than 1 person, let alone a person who works "4329847328 hours a week."
    Why bring logic to a discussion?
    Hey I tied for 12th at EVO :) ....WITH P - GROOVE!!
    kcxj wrote:
    Everybody else here sucks at CvS2. The people that should be taking the advice rather than giving it (myself included). I don't like how the last few pages of the tier thread have been for example. Yo Buk, go post in there already so people will jump on the fan wagon and stop the madness.

Anybody else with Japanese experience, I'm more than glad to listen to though. Leezy, LTB, scrub Wong, the drink 40 and get high guy, and anybody else who has proved themselves at the high level already. Any of the skisonic 'n friends or the people in middle of nowhere, Lousiana, stop it. Please. I'll send you money.

Why don't you speak for yourself you good for nothing robots.
    kcxj wrote:
    Please. I'll send you money.
    I'll take 20 bucks... I need money for lunch for next couple days. e-mail is helpastarvingindian@yahoo.com for further details.
  • SmoothCatSmoothCat ダウンに戻る神 Joined: Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    kcxj wrote:
    Everybody else here sucks at CvS2. The people that should be taking the advice rather than giving it (myself included). I don't like how the last few pages of the tier thread have been for example. Yo Buk, go post in there already so people will jump on the fan wagon and stop the madness.

Anybody else with Japanese experience, I'm more than glad to listen to though. Leezy, LTB, scrub Wong, the drink 40 and get high guy, and anybody else who has proved themselves at the high level already. Any of the skisonic 'n friends or the people in middle of nowhere, Lousiana, stop it. Please. I'll send you money.
    o shit kang beasting lol :clap:
    Team Hate
    No Wilson! Don't do it!

Xbl: Bossu Smooth.
    kcxj nobody asked for your dumbass opinion. Have you played everyone here? Thats right you haven't, and you suck too.THIS THREAD IS ABOUT QUESTIONS NOT BS! so get the fuck out!
  • FOBioFOBio Whaddup!? Joined: Posts: 4,322 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    damn, why is everybody hating on kcxj? he just said everybody sucks compared to japanese, and buktooth. himself included, might i add. i wanna play against buktooth now... just to see how long i can last. :pleased:
    Why bring logic to a discussion?
  • MajMaj CvS2 Combo Collector Joined: Posts: 2,073
    I'm not gonna attempt to answer any of the strategy questions since i don't want to incur kcxj's righteous wrath, but maybe i can help with the technical stuff.

Blazn wrote:

s.LP -> s.MP -> s.HP -> (whiff) D+HP, (non-chain) s.HK xx super
    It's not easy but it's necessary because you can't kara-cancel out of most chains in CvS2.

Like vasAZNion13 said, it's always a good idea to mash on KKK because if you are at the startup of a move when the screen freezes, you can still kara-cancel into a special move. I'd guess that only about 3 or 4 startup frames can be kara-canceled, maybe less. Still, it never hurts to try.

In the specific case of kara-canceling a rapid-fire light attack, you get kind of a bonus chance when you mash on KKK. Sometimes the s.LP or whatever will be chain canceled into the LK in the KKK command, which of course then gets kara-canceled into the KKK command (maybe not at once, but definately off negative edge). So make sure that LK is part of your KKK command because of course you don't get this benefit if you're just using MK+HK for the special. It might even be a good idea to mash LP+KKK in this instance, but i'm not sure how much that really helps because it all depends on what you can mash the fastest.

Just to clarify, this only works with rapid-fire light attacks - not all light attacks. It's a good idea for Blanka to always mash B+KKK whenever he's in the middle of a move during superfreeze because he might get that startup kara-cancel going. But he doesn't get the renda-kara bonus because none of his light attacks are rapid-fire.

As a side note, if the screen freezes and you're in the middle of a rapid fire light attack, don't try to roll. You can't kara-cancel into roll so pushing LP+LK in the middle of s.LP is just gonna get it chain canceled into LP or LK, which will usually get you hit by the super. It's best to either try to mash out a renda-cancel special move by doing a DP command or whatever while mashing on LP, or to just hold down/back and hope that your LP recovers in time to block.
  • Yumi SaotomeYumi Saotome eh-sama Joined: Posts: 361
    Ok, my problem with Chun against those two is the ground game. Yama's stand RH, Vega's....whatever seem to out distance Chun and come out pretty darn fast. They also both have very good anti airs to keep Chun out. What suggestions do you have for the ground game?
    "No more Ky. Play Robo-Ky" - RF telling me to stop losing.

Retired from fighting games, but I actively troll.
  • yyyyyy Joined: Posts: 102
    Blazn wrote:

where can i see this sai rec vid?
    yyy
  • GuardcrushGuardcrush Joined: Posts: 166
    It's on combovideos.com but I think you have to be a premium member or some shit to view it. They had it up to view for everyone a while ago.
  • MajMaj CvS2 Combo Collector Joined: Posts: 2,073
    kcxj wrote:
    (I've asked Maj for strategy help before btw, but I know he's busy and all so never got around to it).
    Where? Maybe i didn't see it.
  • iKlEiTlHiKlEiTlH AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH Joined: Posts: 1,051
    Majestros wrote:
    s.LP -> s.MP -> s.HP -> (whiff) D+HK, (non-chain) s.HK xx super
    It's not easy but it's necessary because you can't kara-cancel out of most chains in CvS2.

i think what you whiff is c.HP (the grab).

Majestros wrote:
    As a side note, if the screen freezes and you're in the middle of a rapid fire light attack, don't try to roll. You can't kara-cancel into roll

is this guaranteed to be impossible? i could've sworn i cancelled a normal into a roll after a cc activation before...
    Where's Inos? still missing?

Boxer's or briefs?