ask me something

Comments

• scrubydanscrubydan Moetaro? Joined: Posts: 2,638
    uh...i have a question that is cvs2/evo related. is it a good idea to bring a ps2 memory card to evo and record matches? how many matches can u record? and how do u direct feed up on youtube?

thanks
    "how dare these mother fuckers try to be on my level. i will eat your babies!" - ATM SPIDERTAO
  • Atb_555Atb_555 www.neoempire.com Joined: Posts: 1,538
    IIRC you can only store about 3 replays on the PS2 version. Your better off trying to bring a camera.
    Nose picking is one of life's greatest treasures...
  • OnikageOnikage Chaot Extraordinaire Joined: Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    on a blank 8 MB mem card you can save like 10 matches, I don't think I've ever actually filled my card up. Still, bring a camera anyways. Replay saving is pretty time consuming.
    If nothing is true, everything is permitted.
    Handsome fighters never lose battles.
    How can you not?
    Keystone III Mid-Boss
  • SNAAAAKESNAAAAKE WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!? Joined: Posts: 13,098 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    you can use an usb recording device+laptop. get a composite/s-video cable cable for ps2 so you can output both signals at the same time..
    you must defeat my Shen Long to receive the reward

• SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
    Why is it that when I do Rugal's short short short into lv. 2 god press super the super randomly doesnt combo with the shorts? Is this normal or am I doing something wrong?
  • gridmangridman Drill Joined: Posts: 3,221
    you too far son, that shit always combos for me.
    do st short for the last one too.
  • casey_MDKcasey_MDK Original DOA scrub Joined: Posts: 302
    Why is it that when I do Rugal's short short short into lv. 2 god press super the super randomly doesnt combo with the shorts? Is this normal or am I doing something wrong?

I think you just have to buffer faster. And yeah, standing short for the third one. I've seen it happen before, I think it's kind of like Chun's cr.MP super where if you cancel too late, your opponent can block it.

Then again, I'm no Rugal expert.
    cannonstrikecannonstrikecannonstrikecannonstrikecannonstrikecannonstrikecannonstrikecannonstrikecannonstrikecannonstrikecannonstrikecannonstrikecannonstrikecannonstrike
  • GnawsaGnawsa Mini Goro Deathroll Joined: Posts: 359
    anyone got frame data on Raiden's lp acid spit (hcb+lp) when blocked? also having problems, im trying the block string with k-raiden... run cr.lp or cr.lk -> lp spit -> reverse dp+p combo...sometimes the spit whiffs on medium characters i.e. ryu and it might just be me but i tend to whiff more when i use cr.lk into lp. spit in comparison to cr.lp into lp. spit.. anyone know's why?
    CvS2- K:Raiden/Zangief/Chang Team ZUES's BEARD!!!
    MvC2- Team Duc/Matrix
    GGxxAC- Dizzy/Zappa
    SFIV- Sim/Honda
    Master of the 2-hit combo since '04

Do only 2 cr.lk's xx god press super

or as gridman has said do 2 cr.lks, st.lk xx god press super.
    What are some bad match ups for K - Kyo and K - Rock?

Thanks
  • OuroborusOuroborus plays 3s just to troll Joined: Posts: 7,211 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    a-vega
    a-sakura
    ssf4ae tier list regarding Gen:

D Proto: and where is Gen?
    oORYUOo: you cannot tier what you cannot see
    any groove sagat/blanka
    yamazaki beats rock (truth) and can fight kyo
    rolento id imagine could be hard for kyo since rolento is constantly running around and kyo needs to get close
    guile vs kyo might be bad too
    I did imagine Honda would be pretty bad for Kyo as well.

Either way thanks guys
  • PieguyPieguy 3.1415926535897932 Joined: Posts: 1,650
    I was watching a match between Mulder and Iyo in the latest mikado 2v2 and mulder did something pretty slick. He sent out a forward choi hurricane that Iyo air blocked and then immediately executed the super and it hit when Iyo's Mai landed.

My question is, if C groovers air block, do they give up the ability to block upon landing? I vaguely remember reading something in Jchensor's guide that upon landing, there's a 1 frame window where u can only block after doing a normal in the air. Now does air blocks not apply to this rule?
    Founding Member of Pakside
  • DentronDentron THUG LIFE Joined: Posts: 2,300
    - Normal jumps have 2 frames of start up and leave the ground on the 3rd frame.
    360 characters like Raiden, Zangief and E.Honda have 5 frame start ups on
    their jumps to facilitate the use of their moves. Attacking in the middle of
    your jump gives you a 2 frame recovery time when you land (disabling your
    trip guard to all you old people). Low jump grooves have 6 frames of start up
    in their jumps to make low jumping easier.

thats from the buktoof system guide.

as for air block im not sure if you have to "recover" from air block. most of the time when people make their opponent air-guard something they do it to keep them in the air longer so they can land and execute a ground to air AA which is no longer air guardable. i typically see this kinda thing in A-groove.
    Thanks for the help with Rugal, I'm gonna relearn how to do it again with the correct technique this time.

2 More questions for Rugal:

What am I supposed to do against people that are knocked down? I think Buktooth had a word for it in an earlier post... Oki- something I dont remember... but I need more options then Cr. Lk's and crossovers. Both in and out of the corner as I hear that he becomes quite scary when he has someone cornered.

Also, Is the Wall Press super a reliable anti air or is it the same as the regular God press?

As you can tell, I'm new to both Rugal and CvS2. :\
    Thanks for the help with Rugal, I'm gonna relearn how to do it again with the correct technique this time.

2 More questions for Rugal:

What am I supposed to do against people that are knocked down? I think Buktooth had a word for it in an earlier post... Oki- something I dont remember... but I need more options then Cr. Lk's and crossovers. Both in and out of the corner as I hear that he becomes quite scary when he has someone cornered.

Also, Is the Wall Press super a reliable anti air or is it the same as the regular God press?

As you can tell, I'm new to both Rugal and CvS2. :\

1. cl.mk xx reflector, c.mp s.lk fireball,
    meaty cl.mk c.lk c.hk xx fireball
    meaty cl.mk cmp st.lk fireball
    get the idea?

2. no neither are reliable. only use them in combos.
  • D@RUD@RU "Sonic Poo!" Joined: Posts: 265
    Doozer> It's Okiezeme or something like this^^

Meaty RC Reflector (corner) is also useful, it leaves you even with the opponent, meaning you can keep pressure, and if it hits, you can do lvl2 Kick super, then Dark Smash, lvl1 kick super.

His dash is also extremely fast so you can mixup with blocked c.LK's then dash, grab, or c.lk again etc...

RC godpress ( HCB + P) has it use against predicatble things like meaty RC Elec.
    I say only try that once per match, with them having no full meter to punish you. But the risk/reward is huge!

Edit: By the way go check the wiki! It's very well documented about Rugal!

http://www.shoryuken.com/wiki/index.php/Rugal_%28CvS2%29
    "Grab a tit, squeeze!"

CVS2 : C-Groove Claw, Guile, Sagat²
    MVC3 : Wolverine(barrage), Trish(peekaboo), IronMan(unibeam)
    SSF4: FeiLong
    Wargods -_-' The mighty ANUBIS!!!
    anyone got frame data on Raiden's lp acid spit (hcb+lp) when blocked? also having problems, im trying the block string with k-raiden... run cr.lp or cr.lk -> lp spit -> reverse dp+p combo...sometimes the spit whiffs on medium characters i.e. ryu and it might just be me but i tend to whiff more when i use cr.lk into lp. spit in comparison to cr.lp into lp. spit.. anyone know's why?

i know its +10 on block, it doesnt hit all characters crouching though, so you need to reference the height chart on the buktoof system faq to find out who you can use it on. the normal you use before you do the lp spit is irrelevant when it comes to hitting crouching characters. you can use c.mk into lp spit as well. heres a nasty gaurd string if you got them in the corner:

s.mp (close) xx lp spit, c.mk xx lp spit, c.rh

remember it only works on bigger characters (sagat, gief, etc)
  • No defenceNo defence idk -_- ? Joined: Posts: 1,025
    Bucktooth

Why do you keep losing against choi and ricky?:mad:

You are better than that sir.:amazed:
    Adapt or Die.
    Bucktooth

is it that difficult to spell his name right? lol
    any groove blanka
    rolento id imagine could be hard for kyo since rolento is constantly running around and kyo needs to get close
    guile vs kyo might be bad too

i disagree lol. i prefer kyo against blanka guile and rolento

honda is actually not bad as long as u can jd headbutt, mp into rekkas

i suppose rock does not bad against a lot of top tiers, blanka is one of the harder matchups for me. and of course a sakura/vega we all know that
    "how dare these mother fuckers try to be on my level. i will eat your babies!" - ATM SPIDERTAO
  • ''Rugal.B''''Rugal.B'' MORTON'S CEO MD/VA Joined: Posts: 1,188
    Eh rock doesnt do very well vs sagat either imo.
    Xanadu Games
    410-501-5040
    3921 Suite B Vero Rd
    Baltimore 21227 MD

xanadu_games
  • OuroborusOuroborus plays 3s just to troll Joined: Posts: 7,211 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    hes decent against sagat.

imo, sak and blanka are his hardest matches.
    ssf4ae tier list regarding Gen:

D Proto: and where is Gen?
    oORYUOo: you cannot tier what you cannot see
  • noodlemannoodleman Cancer of GTASF Joined: Posts: 5,165
    did anyone mention bison as a bad match up fro kyo? Every time i see a jap vid of bison vs kyo kyo gets peaced the fuck out.
    "You'd be better off falling asleep with the taste of my crotch in your mouth." - Miyavi

"no no! it don't hurt if spoon is greasy!" - Zangief Chronicles.
  • BuktoothBuktooth vietnamazing Joined: Posts: 1,713 mod
    Bucktooth

live in dallas for several years and see what it does for your cvs2 game :tup:
    -Campbell Tran

as of 12/02/09:

me: did pz john ever give the japanese players their money
    bas: hahah of course no
  • ddr_gakuseiddr_gakusei Joined: Posts: 228
    THREEE DOLLAHSZZZZ YALL

Dallas4lyfe
  • yoooooonyoooooon bang your mom Joined: Posts: 583
    i'm ur #1 youtube fan

does that count as a question?
    i rule! you suck!
    txsfc!
  • shooshoo t('.' )t Joined: Posts: 5,455 mod
    i'm ur #1 youtube fan

does that count as a question?

no but that does :3
    since 2005
  • laughlaugh eTokki.com Master Joined: Posts: 1,929
    Dallas and 3 dollars.. oh the memories. haha.
    Rolento in SSF4!

eTokki.com - for the best arcade parts, converters, joysticks and more!
    did anyone mention bison as a bad match up fro kyo? Every time i see a jap vid of bison vs kyo kyo gets peaced the fuck out.

u sure ur checking on the right vids? lol jk

i say it's a 50/50 match up, look at deshi vs kok
  • GnawsaGnawsa Mini Goro Deathroll Joined: Posts: 359
    i know its +10 on block, it doesnt hit all characters crouching though, so you need to reference the height chart on the buktoof system faq to find out who you can use it on. the normal you use before you do the lp spit is irrelevant when it comes to hitting crouching characters. you can use c.mk into lp spit as well. heres a nasty gaurd string if you got them in the corner:

s.mp (close) xx lp spit, c.mk xx lp spit, c.rh

remember it only works on bigger characters (sagat, gief, etc)

thanks for the input..i'll try out that block string...where can i find this "height chart on the buktooth system" ?
    CvS2- K:Raiden/Zangief/Chang Team ZUES's BEARD!!!
    MvC2- Team Duc/Matrix
    GGxxAC- Dizzy/Zappa
    SFIV- Sim/Honda
    Master of the 2-hit combo since '04
    thanks for the input..i'll try out that block string...where can i find this "height chart on the buktooth system" ?

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/file/516510/24355

i did some experimenting, that guard string that i posted before doesnt work unless the character is big AND fat. if they arent fat the 2nd lp poison breath will whiff because they will be too far away. i think its the same principle behind why you can do c.mk, c.lp, s.mp, scissors with bison on a crouching blanka.

if the character is smaller than 64 when crouching then the breath will miss regardless. just read the faq and the "Height Chart" section and this should all make more sense.

it appears that as long as the character is of height 64 then s.mp (close) xx lp breath will always connect. after a little experimenting, just do c.mk xx rdp mp combo. the whole guard string will look like this:

s.mp (close), lp breath, c.mk, reverse dp+mp,mp.

this still works well enough and knocks off at least half the guard meter.
  • BuktoothBuktooth vietnamazing Joined: Posts: 1,713 mod
    i was actually in the process of creating a "fatness" chart a while back, but dropped that due to weird inconsistencies

i was under the assumption that vulnerable collision boxes would be a single box, so one character would be easily quantifiable as fatter than another. however, some characters have multiple collision boxes arranged into odd shapes, making them different widths at different heights. for example, geese is really skinny around his chest and head, fat around his feet.

rolento and blanka are superfat everywhere though
    -Campbell Tran

as of 12/02/09:

me: did pz john ever give the japanese players their money
    bas: hahah of course no
    why rolento was made to be so super fat in his hitbox is way over my head
    i was actually in the process of creating a "fatness" chart a while back, but dropped that due to weird inconsistencies

i was under the assumption that vulnerable collision boxes would be a single box, so one character would be easily quantifiable as fatter than another. however, some characters have multiple collision boxes arranged into odd shapes, making them different widths at different heights. for example, geese is really skinny around his chest and head, fat around his feet.

rolento and blanka are superfat everywhere though

rolento is fat but the 2nd lp breath still whiffs and hes taller than 64.. but then again maybe thats a property of the breath and not rolento's obesity
    For Ken's RC kick, am I supposed to be double tapping roll or roll + lk or just roll? I'm confused.

Also, I get an error when I try to use the search feature so don't hurt meh D:
  • insomnotekinsomnotek insomno reppa Joined: Posts: 723
    hcf+lk takes priority over qcf+p so just double tap roll.

or you can hold jab when you push roll and then let go of short to negative edge the funky
    every ken player that ive seen (that can rc funky kick) does this:

back, down/back, down+jab+short (hold buttons), down/forward, forward+release buttons.
  • otaru23otaru23 Nice Joined: Posts: 132 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Hey Buk do you think P-Vice could have any potential?
    Don't give up try again.