ask me something

Comments

• MizukiMizuki ayy lmao Joined: Posts: 3,200
    Hey Buk do you think P-Vice could have any potential?

I'm going to put in my 2 cents, even though I'm not Buktooth. She loses RC, which helps her game out A LOT. She also doesn't have any stocks other than one huge fucking level 3 bar, having the option of level 1 grab is always better.
    www.twitter.com/thenipahhut
  • ohayo1234ohayo1234 crazy Joined: Posts: 876
    Damn, do you guys realize Buk made this thread 3 years ago. Vietnamazing.

I did a quick write up on Japanese CvS2 just now. I'll try to write more more later on.
    http://makingthatkimpact.blogspot.com/2008/05/japanese-cvs2-players.html
    eLivePro | Kim1234

http://www.elive.pro

Share YO Passion
  • Atb_555Atb_555 www.neoempire.com Joined: Posts: 1,538
    Pretty cool read. Anything on any N groove players?
    Nose picking is one of life's greatest treasures...
  • OuroborusOuroborus plays 3s just to troll Joined: Posts: 7,248 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    pics of k-groove geese chick?
    ssf4ae tier list regarding Gen:

D Proto: and where is Gen?
    oORYUOo: you cannot tier what you cannot see
    Well for N groove players theres a dude named Tsugunosuke. Plays N iori chunli sagat. I haven't seen the guy at the arcade too often, but his style is clean. Him and togawa are still very dangerous in cvs. Togawa shows up every so often, so N groove isn't exactly dead. Bas also uses N akuma sagat blanka and usually racks up several wins.

K groove geese chick is hot. Not girl gaming standards hot. She is plain hot. 100% rushes down and doesn't stop attacking. Shit is hot on so many levels. She uses K-Geese/cammy/morrigan (two girls=girl power represented) and her morrigan actually gives me more trouble then Buk's. thats right, I said it.
    eLivePro | Kim1234

Share YO Passion
  • Atb_555Atb_555 www.neoempire.com Joined: Posts: 1,538
    Togawa still plays N?!!!

Is it still N - Iori, Ken, Sagat? Cos I'm using the exact same team.
    Nose picking is one of life's greatest treasures...
  • wepeelwepeel Blanka is my only hope Joined: Posts: 1,180
    Yeah the non-top players here in Malaysia also turtle hardcore. It gets really frustrating to fall for that random roll that gets a lucky super after trying to play along with the turtle game (especially with my hatred for japanese sticks)...but I guess it helped me improve. I can turtle 100% too, now. It's actually much harder for me to do than it sounds...No fun to play against, but that's what the taunt button is for :devil:
    do you believe I would take such a thing with me, and give it to a police man

-find the truth on page 318 of the Thinking Out Loud Thread V.2
  • PieguyPieguy 3.1415926535897932 Joined: Posts: 1,650
    Well for N groove players theres a dude named Tsugunosuke. Plays N iori chunli sagat. I haven't seen the guy at the arcade too often, but his style is clean. Him and togawa are still very dangerous in cvs. Togawa shows up every so often, so N groove isn't exactly dead. Bas also uses N akuma sagat blanka and usually racks up several wins.

K groove geese chick is hot. Not girl gaming standards hot. She is plain hot. 100% rushes down and doesn't stop attacking. Shit is hot on so many levels. She uses K-Geese/cammy/morrigan (two girls=girl power represented) and her morrigan actually gives me more trouble then Buk's. thats right, I said it.

:rofl: That's hot.

Bas: whatever <--- Nice
    Just curious, does anybody beat Bas consistently? The only one I've ever seen beat him for the last 4 years has been Ino and he's done :(.

How does Sakamoto compare to Makoto?
    Founding Member of Pakside
  • noodlemannoodleman Cancer of GTASF Joined: Posts: 5,165
    pics of k-groove geese chick?
    +100000 as per SRK rules.
    "You'd be better off falling asleep with the taste of my crotch in your mouth." - Miyavi

"no no! it don't hurt if spoon is greasy!" - Zangief Chronicles.
    No one can beat bas consistently. I havent seen him use his a groove team in a while, but it seems top players dont really want to play other top players all the time. Maybe its too boring or whatever. Or their style is too gay. But anyway, bas's n groove is good. But its beatable, I havent seen him play his a groove team much, so i dunno how people fair against it.

No one compares to Makoto cause hes the OG p groove god. But Sakamoto is good.

Togawa plays his usual team, but also plays N Ryu ken guile Sagat also.

I'll try and record vids sometime soon.

Respect,
    -Kim
    eLivePro | Kim1234

Share YO Passion
  • D@RUD@RU "Sonic Poo!" Joined: Posts: 265
    I'd like to see N Guile in action if possible^^
    "Grab a tit, squeeze!"

CVS2 : C-Groove Claw, Guile, Sagat²
    MVC3 : Wolverine(barrage), Trish(peekaboo), IronMan(unibeam)
    SSF4: FeiLong
    Wargods -_-' The mighty ANUBIS!!!
  • BuktoothBuktooth vietnamazing Joined: Posts: 1,713 mod
    this just reminded me that i totally forgot about uploading my small stash of japan cvs2 vids to my youtube acct

i should get back on that
    -Campbell Tran

as of 12/02/09:

me: did pz john ever give the japanese players their money
    bas: hahah of course no
    this just reminded me that i totally forgot about uploading my small stash of japan cvs2 vids to my youtube acct

How old are the matches? So far Kim, Psychorarity, lionx and rollcancel have uploaded anything and everything that's happened in the last 5+ years. More new stuff would be sweet :wgrin:
  • FSgamerFSgamer Cheap Tactics!!! Joined: Posts: 1,315
    Well for N groove players theres a dude named Tsugunosuke. Plays N iori chunli sagat. I haven't seen the guy at the arcade too often, but his style is clean.
    I hadn't heard about him until about a year ago. I use the same team he does so it was nice to see how he plays that team (especially Chun Li). Buktooth uses N Iori & Chun, Nuki uses N Chun & Sagat, but afaik Tsugunosuke is the only player that uses N-Iori, Chun, Sagat (which is the best N-groove team IMO).

Random fact that caught my attention first time I saw videos of him: not only we use the same team, we also use the same colors for Iori & Chun. Weird coincidence considering I hadn't heard of him before last year and I had been using the same team and colors since 2005.
    Obviously I'm not anywhere near as good as he is.
    FSgamer aka FS7 --- Cheap Tactics for the Win ---

random CvS2 player
  • MizukiMizuki ayy lmao Joined: Posts: 3,200
    Yeah, I wanna see Bas's N-groove.
    www.twitter.com/thenipahhut
    does kindebu, mago or ino still play?

• patmonstapatmonsta Joined: Posts: 1,052
    i think ino quit can someone tell me if mago kindevu or otaku still play?
    keep in touch thru Twitter patmonsta
    Facebook Patrick Ramos
  • scrubydanscrubydan Moetaro? Joined: Posts: 2,638
    otk quit long ago but kindevu and mago's still in
    "how dare these mother fuckers try to be on my level. i will eat your babies!" - ATM SPIDERTAO
  • SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
    otk quit long ago but kindevu and mago's still in

Didn't Kim post a new video of OTK vs Iyo?

Also, where has Mago been? I need more vids of him.
  • ZenFireZenFire Makoto: 3S only Joined: Posts: 956
    ...but it seems top players dont really want to play other top players all the time. Maybe its too boring or whatever. Or their style is too gay.
    I find that very interesting and I can see why that might be true. Maybe it's just too much of a mental investment to go all out, and it could become pretty exhausting to play other top players too much.
    Forever mediocre
  • LeezyLeezy In gaming, I age in dog years... Joined: Posts: 1,397
    I think they might not want to play each other (top players) because it gives them more opportunity to figure each other out. So, it would be advantageous to the "lower" players to get a better read on the "higher" players...and it would be like the "higher" players are trying to keep their game hidden from the "lower" players.

Example 1: I OWN CAMPBELL WITH WAKEUP SUPER in casuals...he turns around AND OWNS ME WITH WAKEUP SUPER in tourney. I lose. He wins when it counts...like 70% of the time.

Example 2: For some reason, at least as far as I can remember, anytime John and Ricky practice before a tourney, John always wins in tourney (CVS, not 3s). The times where they don't practice beforehand, Ricky ends up winning.

Example 3: Oh-yao RECORDS first to 5 where I win 5-2...Two weeks later, we do it again, he wins 3-5. Same shit with Keith...the more I play him, the better he does against me...

I seriously think that, even if you're not consciously analyzing someone's game, you're still always picking up things about their playstyle the more you play against them...and that gives you an advantage in the long run. The assumption is, however, that you're not giving up as much or more of your own game.
    Same old dog, same old tricks...
  • No defenceNo defence idk -_- ? Joined: Posts: 1,025
    No one can beat bas consistently. I havent seen him use his a groove team in a while, but it seems top players dont really want to play other top players all the time. Maybe its too boring or whatever. Or their style is too gay. But anyway, bas's n groove is good. But its beatable, I havent seen him play his a groove team much, so i dunno how people fair against it.
    -Kim

That's the #1 reason I play for money........ It all ways seemed like I could never get in casuals. Maybe I should just ask them?:confused:

I want to play Strong players.

It just feels like strong players avoid playing me.:sad:

I Never heard of Saving it. But some Player just like to Save it.

LIKE.... "I not Playing because I'm saving It for A Major tournament".....

I Dont Care if I win. I care when I lose.... That's only way I know how to learn.

I guess If I start winning Top player would want to Play me more? But going on what you have witnessed I guess not.!???
    Adapt or Die.
  • bodlerbodler The Unmixupable Joined: Posts: 1,074
    I ocved Bas with my c yun
  • iKlEiTlHiKlEiTlH AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH Joined: Posts: 1,051
    ouroborus:
    i never hear shit about ino / kindebu / mago... i seriously doubt they still practice -- it's just that they're the only ones who ever go to evo. the guys kim has on his blog are the guys that are still playing. i don't think otaku plays neither, no idea why he's randomly showed up to some tournies...

eric:
    for some reason i feel like i'm way better now even though i stopped playing. when i do play like once every half year i'm waaaaaaaay more solid than before -- though because of not playing my clutch and execution are garbage. i think i've lost all my bad habits after not playing so long, and it's like someone hit my reset button or something. weird. i *really* wanna be able to sit down and practice with you guys again for like 1 week and see how i would actually do when warmed up. oh well -- that's not gonna happen :(

no d:
    you prob have a better shot at playing with top players if you just ask in person. doods like campbell / eric are usually more receptive to play than doods like choi / ricky. it's nothing personal really -- just diff personalities... the BEST thing to do is actually become friends with these guys so you're not just some random srk'er who wants to play. especially at big tournies i think a lot of these guys are not interested to spend their time giving random people practice.*

the *one* exception i've seen to this was when we first saw gene at evo west a few years back. i remember he sat down to play where the norcal group was practicing ( no idea who invited his gayass ), and he literally RAN THROUGH all the players one by one. i'm talking about guys like campbell / choi / eric / kim / ricky / etc. haha for some reason though that weekend he could never beat me :) -- though i guess he's fucked me up after that... albeit all these matches were casual, BUT STILL. no random new face as far as i know has ever been able to really do that. and yeah since then he's become friends with a bunch of the guys and blah blah blah -- though he remains to me a little bitch.

i guess the lesson here is: 1) be good enough to warrant a top players time and 2) be a normal / cool enough person so that someone else would even want to play with you in the first place. no joke there's a lot of fuckin weirdos on srk, and most of them suck at the game anyway which gives a good player 0 reason to even wanna talk to you.

i guess that's just how i think of things, but yeah doods like campbell / eric are a lot nicer than most.
  • HAVHAV iori respawn Joined: Posts: 9,503
    2) be a normal / cool enough person so that someone else would even want to play with you in the first place. no joke there's a lot of fuckin weirdos on srk, and most of them suck at the game anyway which gives a good player 0 reason to even wanna talk to you.

qft

weird ass niggas...
  • MakAMakA Joined: Posts: 314
    two things that seem contradictory but I think are both true...

1) become the great player then beat great players then you will always be playing with a great player

2) playing weaker players can hurt your game depending on how often and how weak the player is , but there will always be this player so this pratice will always be required

just f'n practice people, you might discover something new
    ouroborus:
    i never hear shit about ino / kindebu / mago... i seriously doubt they still practice -- it's just that they're the only ones who ever go to evo. the guys kim has on his blog are the guys that are still playing. i don't think otaku plays neither, no idea why he's randomly showed up to some tournies...

eric:
    for some reason i feel like i'm way better now even though i stopped playing. when i do play like once every half year i'm waaaaaaaay more solid than before -- though because of not playing my clutch and execution are garbage. i think i've lost all my bad habits after not playing so long, and it's like someone hit my reset button or something. weird. i *really* wanna be able to sit down and practice with you guys again for like 1 week and see how i would actually do when warmed up. oh well -- that's not gonna happen :(

no d:
    you prob have a better shot at playing with top players if you just ask in person. doods like campbell / eric are usually more receptive to play than doods like choi / ricky. it's nothing personal really -- just diff personalities... the BEST thing to do is actually become friends with these guys so you're not just some random srk'er who wants to play. especially at big tournies i think a lot of these guys are not interested to spend their time giving random people practice.*

the *one* exception i've seen to this was when we first saw gene at evo west a few years back. i remember he sat down to play where the norcal group was practicing ( no idea who invited his gayass ), and he literally RAN THROUGH all the players one by one. i'm talking about guys like campbell / choi / eric / kim / ricky / etc. haha for some reason though that weekend he could never beat me :) -- though i guess he's fucked me up after that... albeit all these matches were casual, BUT STILL. no random new face as far as i know has ever been able to really do that. and yeah since then he's become friends with a bunch of the guys and blah blah blah -- though he remains to me a little bitch.

i guess the lesson here is: 1) be good enough to warrant a top players time and 2) be a normal / cool enough person so that someone else would even want to play with you in the first place. no joke there's a lot of fuckin weirdos on srk, and most of them suck at the game anyway which gives a good player 0 reason to even wanna talk to you.

i guess that's just how i think of things, but yeah doods like campbell / eric are a lot nicer than most.
    In the bathroom booboo'n
    cvs2: A-maki, joe, sakura
    sf4: cviper, sakura
  • scrubydanscrubydan Moetaro? Joined: Posts: 2,638
    it kinda begs the question

how does bas do so well against almost everyone?
    "how dare these mother fuckers try to be on my level. i will eat your babies!" - ATM SPIDERTAO
  • ShAix510ShAix510 はじめの Joined: Posts: 509
    I think they might not want to play each other (top players) because it gives them more opportunity to figure each other out. So, it would be advantageous to the "lower" players to get a better read on the "higher" players...and it would be like the "higher" players are trying to keep their game hidden from the "lower" players.

Example 1: I OWN CAMPBELL WITH WAKEUP SUPER in casuals...he turns around AND OWNS ME WITH WAKEUP SUPER in tourney. I lose. He wins when it counts...like 70% of the time.

Example 2: For some reason, at least as far as I can remember, anytime John and Ricky practice before a tourney, John always wins in tourney (CVS, not 3s). The times where they don't practice beforehand, Ricky ends up winning.

Example 3: Oh-yao RECORDS first to 5 where I win 5-2...Two weeks later, we do it again, he wins 3-5. Same shit with Keith...the more I play him, the better he does against me...

I seriously think that, even if you're not consciously analyzing someone's game, you're still always picking up things about their playstyle the more you play against them...and that gives you an advantage in the long run. The assumption is, however, that you're not giving up as much or more of your own game.

Example 1: How does it feel to taste your own medicine?

Example 2: Interesting...

Example 3: The loser usually do their homework to become more competitive.

When you win, you don't usually think about what other ways to win against your opponent. Just do the same thing like last time and win again. well.... they did their homework and found a way to beat you. Now...its your turn to do some homework. The cycle of competition.

for some reason i feel like i'm way better now even though i stopped playing. when i do play like once every half year i'm waaaaaaaay more solid than before -- though because of not playing my clutch and execution are garbage. i think i've lost all my bad habits after not playing so long, and it's like someone hit my reset button or something. weird.

You're not the only one. I stopped playing for 3 months, 6 months, and even 1 year! Everytime I came back, I got better for some reason. I think its best to take a break from playing too much. Relax your body and mind. Play sports or do something that's not related to video games. When you come back, you will feel new again.
    "Practice Makes Perfect" NOO!!!
    "Perfect Practice Makes Perfect"
  • iKlEiTlHiKlEiTlH AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH Joined: Posts: 1,051
    it kinda begs the question

how does bas do so well against almost everyone?

his win ratio for SINGLE GAME tournies is like 99% -- that shit is ridiculous. i'd say it's almost comparable to justin's dominance at marvel for xxx years in a row...

i guess the answer to your question would be "because he's the undisputed #1 player in the world right now".
    eLivePro | Kim1234

Share YO Passion

Awesome. Thanks for the footage.

How many of the famous Japanese players play in Tokyo? I never understood how location and comp effected each other in Japan but I remember people saying Okinawa was like Alaska to the US for CvS2 comp or something?

So far we've seen Iyo, Bas, Mizo, Cab, Desora, KOK, Gunter, Ao, Rai, Gao, Uma, Mulder, Pinokio, Togawa, Dan, Miichan and Kisshi. Any other I'm missing? Do Nitto, Nuki, Nakanishi, Shiro, Tokido, Ver, Mago, Ino, Otaku, Deshi, Dari and Chari still play or are they located outside of where u guys play @ Tokyo?
    awesome. now how bout some pics of that k groove geese chick?

Can't really go up to her and take a picture. It's ... weird. But she's hot, so take that.
    eLivePro | Kim1234

Share YO Passion
  • albert_calbert_c KS2 Joined: Posts: 2,011 mod
    Who wants to Money Match me for 1 billion dollars?
    KEYSTONE II
  • ShAix510ShAix510 はじめの Joined: Posts: 509
    Can't really go up to her and take a picture. It's ... weird. But she's hot, so take that.

Come up to her and pretend that your camera is broken. Ask her, do you know anything about cameras? You say, " my camera is weird, it takes pictures randomly ". Go ahead and point the camera at her face and press the button, then act hella surprise and say SEE!
    "Practice Makes Perfect" NOO!!!
    "Perfect Practice Makes Perfect"
  • casey_MDKcasey_MDK Original DOA scrub Joined: Posts: 302
    :wtf:
    Does that actually work for you?
    I'd be careful...You might find yourself at the wrong end of a lvl 3 bitch slap.
    cannonstrikecannonstrikecannonstrikecannonstrikecannonstrikecannonstrikecannonstrikecannonstrikecannonstrikecannonstrikecannonstrikecannonstrikecannonstrikecannonstrike
  • FreddyL0c0FreddyL0c0 Joined: Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    bah Kim, all u got to do is say the "truth", that people in North America dont believe (we do, but u know...) that good looking girls could be good in fighting games, cvs2 nonetheless, and thus u need to prove the haters wrong. Itll make us North American players look bad, but ull be safe, and everybody wins.
    Spencer Dante Hawkeye aka raw tags are the future
    http://www.youtube.com/user/freddyl0c0 (more soon)
  • noodlemannoodleman Cancer of GTASF Joined: Posts: 5,165
    you need to do it for the justice.
    "You'd be better off falling asleep with the taste of my crotch in your mouth." - Miyavi

"no no! it don't hurt if spoon is greasy!" - Zangief Chronicles.
  • NineNine Joined: Posts: 37

What's your You Tube account?
    Nevermind i found it.

I wanted to make a motion for you to continue with the Groove tutorials.
    Anyone second that?
    you need to do it for the justice.

Haha, I have no idea what you mean but somehow I feel it.
    eLivePro | Kim1234

Share YO Passion