ask me something

1167168169170171173»

Comments

• OuroborusOuroborus plays 3s just to troll Joined: Posts: 7,248 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Basically the same as the last question with a twist, I have easy access to CvS 2 on ps2 or ps3 but I don't have room for a CRT atm. My screen is a uhd samsung so I'm wondering which setup would be preferable: a ps2 on a modern tv or the ps3 version of CvS 2.

I do intend on getting a better setup in the future whether its on pc or a nice CRT setup, but for now the Samsung 55" is what I have available.

Late, but PS2 with the HDMI adaptor Bas found is better than the PS3 version:

https://www.amazon.com/Acompatible-Converter-Adapter-Supports-Display/dp/B0093JQM56/

The hard part is having 2 decent ps2 sticks, these days.

Came to this forum with the intent to troll but OMG, you are a life saver. If this thing really has no lag and doesn't make the graphics look like dog shit, I'm gonna reboot my ps2 collection and play all those ps2 games i missed out. and also a lot of cvs2.
    ssf4ae tier list regarding Gen:

D Proto: and where is Gen?
    oORYUOo: you cannot tier what you cannot see
  • Mr. WarzardMr. Warzard CvS2 Commissioner Gordon Joined: Posts: 788
    Sup man, yeah, we've been pretty happy using that adapter. While I haven't seen anybody post lag data, nobody's complained that I know of. We even used it for the 2017 evo side tournament.

The one weird quirk is that it doesn't work with streaming equipment, for whatever reason.
    Holding a shovel over SF4's grave.
    CVS2: The Nine Ball of Fighting Games
    Apoc was right: http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/comment/556915/#Comment_556915
    Sup man, yeah, we've been pretty happy using that adapter. While I haven't seen anybody post lag data, nobody's complained that I know of. We even used it for the 2017 evo side tournament.

The one weird quirk is that it doesn't work with streaming equipment, for whatever reason.

just gotta bust out the good ole camcorder, which is very fitting for an old game like cvs2.

but i'm glad the adapter is working. i've been trying to find a legit way to play cvs2 for a while.

• LittleJimmy1983LittleJimmy1983 Darksakul for mod 2018 Joined: Posts: 941
    The hard part is having 2 decent ps2 sticks, these days.
    The brook ps3/ps4 to ps2 adapter works great. I still have a HRAP2 but would rather use my fighting edge.
    End of one nightmare, prelude to the another.
  • Great_Dark_HeroGreat_Dark_Hero Yup. Holiday functions got fucked too Joined: Posts: 3,316
    Hey.

Is there a general consensus for K-Groove vs A-Groove or something along those lines? I know there are a bunch of MU's to consider and many other factors (play style, tiers, normals, scenarios, etc).

But, I heard this notion where K-Groove can "compete" against other types of grooves. This may be just a myth of sort but I would like to know what is the general thought process behind this.
    Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/id/GDHTP | Twitch Channel: great_dark_hero
    PSN: Dark_Ice_Saiko
    KOFXIV
    Kyo / Luong / Geese [Mai, Shun, Benimaru, Leona, Terry, Mian, Mui Mui]

DOA5LR
    Nyotengu/Mai

Tekken 7
    Eliza [Xiaoyu, Geese, Jin, Lars, Lee, M.Raven]

BBCF
    Hakumen [Azrael, Nine, Makoto]

SFV ???
    Come to dreamcancel.com for KOFXIV FAQS, wiki-updates, and mini-guides!

Hey.

Is there a general consensus for K-Groove vs A-Groove or something along those lines? I know there are a bunch of MU's to consider and many other factors (play style, tiers, normals, scenarios, etc).

But, I heard this notion where K-Groove can "compete" against other types of grooves. This may be just a myth of sort but I would like to know what is the general thought process behind this.

not only can K-Groove can compete against other types of grooves, it destroys them. You get a 35% offensive boost at least two times a match while your opponent barely built their 2 bars using other grooves.

A-groove is its Achilles heel. Especially Sakura and to a lesser degree Vega.

• iWinWeDateiWinWeDate Whiff punish everything. Joined: Posts: 303
    edited November 1