"Hey! Let's do this for real." Concept/Discovery/Match-up Videos

1181920212224»

Comments

• Canadian_sk8terCanadian_sk8ter Ian Joined: Posts: 381
    hey guys just got back from canada cup. I didn't make it out of pools but i did beat valle's hugo. I'll post the vid here when I can

I saw you on stream, you zoned him out well.

I was pretty nervous playing on stream. Was afraid I was gonna get exposed. Once hugo gets in it's brutal
  • EternalEternal unpleasable perfectionist Joined: Posts: 12,436
    edited November 2015
    Good shit man. I kind of wish you landed some more of your MK Ruffians you tried to do and got input errors. Valle was biting on every time you did F+HK - crLP. I think he only blocked it once out of 4-5 times. Your zoning was on point. It took you a little bit into the match before you dialed in the perfect badstone timing a bit better, early on you were holding it a BIT longer than you needed but you fixed that by ~3rd round. Your mixing up of regular/perfect/fake badstone was great and you were throwing those farHKs at the right range almost every time.

The knife work was great too, you didn't let him get comfortable with the spacings you were playing before and switched it up which threw him off a bit. Plus unless the opponent knows specifically what to do knife throw is hard for Hugo to deal with as his options are his slow jump and big body getting tagged by the knife. Clap isn't forward body strike invincible like it is projectile invincible so that usually loses. DD+MK is only lower body projectile invincible not strike so that loses. EX Lariat loses to knife armor break. He has to know what to do and after dealing with badstone so much he might not be in the mind set to remember to shift gears to specifically fight the knife.

Two things I wish Hugo players would do more in the MU though. I wish they'd whiff punish whiffed farHK with Hugo's sMP, it's not THAT hard to do on reaction from many ranges if you are expecting it, even if you aren't the animation is fairly obvious for the whole thing, the return to neutral part of the animation leaves you extended pretty far and frame count is fairly high on farHK (29F). I also wish that Hugos would throw out stand/crouchLP or even a sMP on occasion when you threaten a knife throw. They always think they need to jump over it, you do fake knife then throwing out a jab at mid range is risk free every time if you did the knife throw itself chances are that the jab will eat the knife and it removes the threat without even taking chip or leaving themselves vulnerable to a countattack.

BTW in that setup David talks about in the corner post meat squasher there is an option I found but it's not great. On wakeup double tap and hold forward, if you time it right you'll either block the crossup or dash under the forward jump HP because they don't hit at quite the same time, jHP hits a little later. If he OS jab or something like that you'll get caught, and it doesn't let you escape the corner but it dodges the setup which can surprise him.
    http://ink-gaming.com/ono/doku.php The new home of the Ono Tool official wiki.
  • GroundedSFGroundedSF Joined: Posts: 605
    I was pretty nervous playing on stream. Was afraid I was gonna get exposed. Once hugo gets in it's brutal

You were afraid you were gonna get exposed but you ended up exposing Valle :)

Was this the only Cody match on stream the entire day? I turned the stream off right before this happened but I started seeing tweets about it 10 minutes later!
    ya timing the bad stones was hard cause I couldn't hear the audio of the game cause it's so loud on stage. I shoulda just used the headset they gave us. And no I was the only cody player on stream for the tournament :(
  • RammaRamma Team Blockstring Joined: Posts: 1,511
    edited November 2015
    Nicely done Ian.

Still believe it's 6/4 (or better) in Cody's favor. I've yet to play a single Hugo who made me feel differently.

Outside of the occasional 1 and done players, I've yet to lose a set to a Hugo, and I'd definitely say I was not the better player necessarily in all of those sets.
    PSN/XBL: RammaCricket | CFN: BS_Ramma
    SFV: Cammy/Necalli | Fun Subs: Ryu, Alex, Gief
    USFIV: Cody | Alt: Zangief
    edited November 2015
    ya i agree. If valle had switched to ryu it would have been another story. I respect him for sticking to his guns though. It's not easy using a mid-low tier character in tournaments . I'm also glad I got to show my dumb stuff like wakeup ruffian on stream. That wakeup option is underrated
    Just watching a random mirror and one of the guys gets a post lk ruffian juggle near the start of the first game, albeit a small one:

Just some of this and that. Gonna start clearing out some of my unfinished projects and such.

Experience players can move on. Nothing to see here :P

GroundedSF wrote: »
    Just watching a random mirror and one of the guys gets a post lk ruffian juggle near the start of the first game, albeit a small one

That moment when two Codys are both at a loss in footsies and go for a random LK Ruffian Kick :how_interesting:
    Ramma wrote: »
    Gonna start clearing out some of my unfinished projects and such.

Doing the exact same thing!

Testing out recording via shadowplay. Might as well post it now before this thread gets even more dead :P
    Might as well post it now before this thread gets even more dead :P

I'm still here man ;)

We'll then here ya go =)

Hey Skate, are you playing SFV? Are you gonna play on PC or PS4? I only have you on 360, and well...lol
    We'll then here ya go =)

Oh man you gave up the double perfect :( Love seeing Seth's health melt away like that though ;)

Ya I was playing with my food there. And Ramma I'm gonna be playing SF5 on PC. Steam is Orphan Crippler and Capcom fighter ID will be Orphan_Crippler if you wanna add me. I've been playing the beta crack and have been in 3 beta tournaments at my local venue. I've got a good feel for the game atm.
    Alrighty. I have no idea what my name will be yet.

Ramma or BS_RammaCricket or BS_Ramma or RammaCricket...something like that.
    Well, I guess this is it.