S.H.I.E.L.D. HQ: The Official MvC3 FAQ thread

Comments

• WindsagioWindsagio OG random Joined: Posts: 2,506
    Funny story, at evo I thought it was a throw for a while, was pisst I couldn't make it hit anyone.

Felt really dumb when I figured it out.
    Triumph in the glory of me!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQzmQrtDkqg
  • RojoRojo Joined: Posts: 894
    - Does he have a standing Low?

standing a, that was it in the sdcc build. I think his a fist things (aaaaa) also hits low?
  • UltraDavidUltraDavid commenta..ttorney?? Joined: Posts: 6,053
    Keits, Justin, Marn, Floe, and I get to play the game again today for a while. I'm leaving my comp now, but if you have any ideas to test, send them to me @UltraDavid on Twitter, we'll test the good ones out, and I'll tell you what the results are! Keep in mind this build doesn't have Phoenix or Haggar and it also doesn't have training mode, so testing some things could be pretty difficult.
    Your legal insider in entertainment and video games!
    www.dpgatlaw.com
    www.twitter.com/UltraDavid
    www.facebook.com/UltraDavidFB
    goddammit, I slept in. Thanks for the offer tho', hope some others took ya up on it :D
  • neezyneezy Passion of Marvel Joined: Posts: 122
    Honestly capcom saying its more like mvc2 than TvC i think is b.s. If it was more like mvc2 then why did marn win? a new tvc game that barely came out beating a marvel champ that played for 10years. i smell ass

only thing mvc is the characters, we're not that stupid capcom...
    "go to wienerschnitzel and experience life"

-cableguy 6/20/10
  • Deadpoolfanssj4Deadpoolfanssj4 Best Username Ever. Joined: Posts: 818
    Honestly capcom saying its more like mvc2 than TvC i think is b.s. If it was more like mvc2 then why did marn win? a new tvc game that barely came out beating a marvel champ that played for 10years. i smell ass

marn is really good at mvc2 as well as tvc
  • neezyneezy Passion of Marvel Joined: Posts: 122
    still shouldnt have beaten wong if its more like marvel...

wong also plays tvc...
    "go to wienerschnitzel and experience life"

-cableguy 6/20/10
  • Syke1Syke1 I leave you with photographs; pictures of trickery Joined: Posts: 12,667 mod

Wait. You can't truly be taking that "tourney" seriously
    رَبَّنََآ إنَّنَآ ءَاَمنَّا فَاغْفِرْ لَنَا ذُنُوبَنَا وَ قِنَا عَذَابَ النَّارِ

I Can Catch Wreck All Day Whenever
    still shouldnt have beaten wong if its more like marvel...

wong also plays tvc...

that tourney was the first time wong had played mvc3 since the summer. He didn't even know phoenix wasn't in the build until after he started his first tourney match.
    whatever its like, its still a totally new game, and both were learning on the fly (indeed that was half the fun of the tournament was watching them adapt to the new play).

Also Marn admitted that he got lucky :P

Edit: Whats with the influx of 'omg TvC2!' guys all of a sudden (I think that's Joe's trip too), didn't we get over that in June?
  • Syke1Syke1 I leave you with photographs; pictures of trickery Joined: Posts: 12,667 mod
    Marn got lucky against Trophy club. I swear he had more life
    رَبَّنََآ إنَّنَآ ءَاَمنَّا فَاغْفِرْ لَنَا ذُنُوبَنَا وَ قِنَا عَذَابَ النَّارِ

Trophy club is the real winner of that tournament even tho he got tied for third.
  • ThancruzThancruz Joined: Posts: 2,850
    whatever its like, its still a totally new game, and both were learning on the fly (indeed that was half the fun of the tournament was watching them adapt to the new play).

Also Marn admitted that he got lucky :P

Edit: Whats with the influx of 'omg TvC2!' guys all of a sudden (I think that's Joe's trip too), didn't we get over that in June?
    I guess not lmao,but yea Trophy Club=creative player of the game,lol.
  • NIKO:ONENIKO:ONE Joined: Posts: 918
    Anyone who went to this event, could i get X-23's move list so i can update her front page? pls
    So what if you post on Shoryuken.com, I just threw you three times in a row.
  • HowtoreadHowtoread Only here for Skullgirls news Joined: Posts: 497

Because Marn has never touched a Marvel game before in his life, right?

I agree with Niko, btw. Her specials are still a complete mystery.
    Ms.Fortune/Valentine/Parasoul
    Also plays MVC3
  • PesshPessh Joined: Posts: 83
    Pretty decent at Super, tried MVC2 the other day, timings are much tighter and struggled to do simple stuff like tri jumps on a pad, hoping 3 is a little more forgiving?
  • KMDKMD Lurkers Anonymous Joined: Posts: 699

The pre-release deluge of stupid.
    I'm here to have Eddie turn his upper body into a giant cow skull and make stupid cackling noises while sodomizing people with gigantic black drills. In HELL. Now THAT'S villainy.
    -Ben Reed
    updated with d3v's guide... anybody know when the first UK fightclub is? I'll put it in the title.
    - Can you OTG after Tron's command grab?

Seth was showing this on the Unity stream last week, I think. Command grab > Katana-Rama > Lunch Rush.
    Also plays MVC3
  • Jet Set DizzyJet Set Dizzy Night of the Defender Joined: Posts: 2,270
    Seth was showing this on the Unity stream last week, I think. Command grab > Katana-Rama > Lunch Rush.

Yeah. I'm thinking Ankle Slicer personally to get the dual use of unblockables with that huge ass j.C.
    "No, that's the extent of my knowledge. I just smash the keyboard with my elbows for a few hours a day and somehow this game happened."- Mike Z
  • Robo-mitsuRobo-mitsu Shinobiest Bitch! Joined: Posts: 2,708
    - What are the upcoming events?

UK Fightclubs:
    Saturday 15th January ? Site E, Bullring, Birmingham
    Saturday 22nd January ? Whitgift Square, Whitgift Centre, Croydon
    Saturday 29th January ? Oasis Foodcourt, Meadowhall, Sheffield
    Saturday 5th February ? Site 03 L3, Arndale Centre, Manchester
    Saturday 12th February ? Boots site, St. Enoch Centre, Glasgow

I'm on it like Frankie Bonnet. Can't wait to see if I can Ultimate Web Throw bitches after downing their partner.
    He has risen! I declare the 20th July National Ninja Day!
  • yah yaahh b*tch!yah yaahh b*tch! thats my b*tch Joined: Posts: 6,086
    I just want to see some good Dormammu, Modam and Wesker play.
  • Delicious ToastDelicious Toast burss burss burss swag Joined: Posts: 534
    World Hobby Fair on the 16th, expect some news there.
    February 11, 1926 – November 28, 2010, R.I.P. Leslie Nielsen.

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents.
  • KUSHxCOMMANDOKUSHxCOMMANDO WESKER 4 PRESIDENT! Joined: Posts: 116
    can u check and see if anyone doesnt have a solo combo that does 50%(including 1 hyper if they need it to get 50%) and with no air tags

also can u guys clarify what the deal is with tech roll to avoid otg.

is their any way to avoid a followup otg or is it set in stone.

and are all the rolls the same distance or u can determine the distance with a button press
    MVC2: Scrub, Japan, Santhrax, charlie, doom, jugg, hayato
    MVC3: TEAM AMERICA = dante-a (red) wesker-b(white) iron man-a(blue)
    WHAT NO ONE PICKED SENTINEL???? THIS IS MADNESS!!
  • JocelotJocelot Don't give up! Joined: Posts: 5,373
    Can anyone see if Magneto's slide (cr.C if I recall correctly) can OTG?
    Party Robot!!
    Now my head can spin. I'll be around for a million years, so let the party begin.
    jak d ripr wrote: »
    That shit had me in stitches. Nigga went for all these flashy set-ups and doom was like hold these boots.
  • Captan SovietCaptan Soviet Joined: Posts: 149
    Since i'm a pad player, can you assign macro commands (A+B+C) to one button for pads?
  • DoofenshmirtzDoofenshmirtz Joined: Posts: 470
    Jill Valentine

- Does she have her MvC2 moveset, or a totally new one?

New one, right?
    Can anyone see if Magneto's slide (cr.C if I recall correctly) can OTG?

Also check if you can stil OTG cr.lk xx slide xx Hypergrav

Since i'm a pad player, can you assign macro commands (A+B+C) to one button for pads?

lol if so we're gonna have like 100 Fanatiq jrs.
  • youngu89youngu89 Joined: Posts: 23
    what do we need to do to attend any of these UK fight clubs ? entry fee ? free ? first come first serve ?
  • MrStabbyMrStabby YOU SCARED? Joined: Posts: 301
    what do we need to do to attend any of these UK fight clubs ? entry fee ? free ? first come first serve ?

Just go to wherever it is and there will be T.V's set up and a couple of arcade cabs. No fee. Wait until someone leaves then grab their set up. Least that's how it worked today in Birmingham.
  • youngu89youngu89 Joined: Posts: 23
    awesome, thnx aloooot
    - If you counter a Hyper combo with another one, does the second always win?
    Nope, usually, you'll get a trade.
    Also plays MVC3
    I think you're wrong htr :p
  • Robo-mitsuRobo-mitsu Shinobiest Bitch! Joined: Posts: 2,708
    It looks like it differs from hyper to hyper. MODOK beat out Hyper Charging Star with Killer Illumination, even though he activated after Cap.
    He has risen! I declare the 20th July National Ninja Day!
    I'm looking through the videos trying to find where the first one hits or trades, and I'm failing. A lot of footage to see tho' >
    I got the chance to play today, and every single time I threw out a hyper, wherever it be a projectile or melee type, the second ALWAYS countered. 100% of the time, I would have remembered if I beat the 2nd one to be inputted, but none did. I know that's not representative of the entire game, but it certainly looks that way so far.
    Thanks for the input Stabby (great av btw :D)

I'm tellin' you guys, it's the way it works. I'll buy a 3month prem for anybody that can find a counterexample.

Edit: One that I can't pick apart as working for some other reason>>
    Haha, no problem. Futurama ftw.
    I quite like the idea, it doesn't promote being a scrub by throwing out random hypers. The timing is rather strict though, depending on the hyper and spacing. Another point, hypers have literally no invincibility for the most part. I got knocked out/knocked my friend out of hypers with a damn light attack. Suck it SSFIV.
    Gotta find you that clip of a thc getting stuffed with a jab >>

I agree with you, it looks like you can NEVER do naked hypers unless you're fullscreen... seems like it was intentional.

Also note that Viper is different, hers DO seem to have invulnerability