???????????????????????????????&#

Buster WolfBuster Wolf Are you okay?Joined: Posts: 738
????????????????????????????????????????????

Comments

• modbotmodbot guy in the Kobun shirt Joined: Posts: 155 admin
    How would you play MegaMan defensively?
    Originally posted by TalbainEric
    First off,I'm glad MegaMan and his dog Rush(even though Rush ain't playable) made it into the versus games. His Hyper Mega Man super has always been one of my many favorite supers in fighting games. However,it was more powerful in MvC. Go Mega and Rush! :cool: :D

Screw the lessened HyperMegaMan damage, the real crime is that they took away his MvC short-forward-Beat Plane combo. :bluu: That combo looks hellaciously ugly and like it shouldn't connect - but it did - , and *any* combo that ends in Beat Plane is great. They killed Beat Plane. I used to be able to cross people over with that at will. Nowadays, it's a joke move with insanely slow start-up and a bad tendency to accidentally DHC from. And Sentinel can fly-hover at the top of the screen above it. :mad:
    I'm fairly good with MegaMan against most characters,except the scrubs who like to use cheap tactics to overpower my ass right away. Usually,this occurs with the faster characters,Cammy,Storm,Rogue,Cable,e.t.c.

Can anyone give me any tips?

One thing I did for a while with that is to change it up a little bit with MM/TBonne (projectile)/Sentinel (drones). Sentinel 3rd because he's the crux of a Rockball strategy, but TBonne projectile gets you that breathing room you need. Hopefully.
    Team Kobun: We all suck, but there's fuckin' forty of us.
  • gbursinegbursine TeaPire! Joined: Posts: 1,727
    First off,I'm glad MegaMan and his dog Rush(even though Rush ain't playable) made it into the versus games. His Hyper Mega Man super has always been one of my many favorite supers in fighting games. However,it was more powerful in MvC. Go Mega and Rush! :cool: :D

I'm fairly good with MegaMan against most characters,except the scrubs who like to use cheap tactics to overpower my ass right away. Usually,this occurs with the faster characters,Cammy,Storm,Rogue,Cable,e.t.c.

njames knows all.... get hooked up w/ that shit.
    play vampire :P

Brawl info: New Jersey - 0430-8044-3987
  • SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
    Megaman/AAA (or Doom, or A-Sentinel) is the best way to take on spastic rushers. Begin by escaping at the beginning of the match (holding straight up is usually the best way) then jumpback fierce. Just keep doing it. If they get in (and they probably will), call your assist and reposition (if you're getting near the corner, go around them). If they superjump, wavedash under them (and thank them for letting you out of the corner) and repeat. Build lots of meter for the next guy. Wash, rinse and repeat.
  • NJamesNJames NYANYA! Invincible! Joined: Posts: 101
    Basically, you're going to want to turtle with Mega Man. Although STE proved me wrong recently in the fact that Mega Man can't be offensive (there are a few nice offensive, but relatively difficult to pull off combos), Mega Man's not the greatest offense-based player.

Some basic stuff:

Lure them in, nail them with CapCom or Ken assist.

BH or CapCom assist, followed by jump shot, regular shot. (don't do this on a metered Cable!) This works as a great trap

A little more risky, but intentionally miss with an assist, then blast them twice (jump shot, floor shot)

Also, remember Mega Man has one of the better launchers. If you're facing a weaker priority character, be sure to use it and watch out for assists.

I'll let STE work into the more offensive stuff, but that's basically how I play Mega Man. Simple, basic, and should work (and get rid of that blasted MSP team that's been beating your ass)

-NJS-
  • MegamanSteveMegamanSteve Joined: Posts: 732 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG

First off, get the notion of cheap out of your head right now if you want to be a serious player. If you cannot defeat someone it's your problem, not their's, this game is all about who can adapt quicker....remember that.

As for MM, his greatest defense IS his offense, he can throw out so much shit that the likes of Magnus and Storm are left to block. For beating rush down characters be sure be be zapping off Uncharged F.P., one in the air, one on the ground now this leaves only S.J. area open, so have a fast AAA, like Capcom or Cable so they can't air dash in. Now from here your other Assist MUST be BH AAA,Sent Projectile, or Doom AAA....MM does NEED them to win against a SKILLED Mags and Storm. With that in mind KNOW your Assists, know much start up and recovery they have, know how to play with them on point too. With BH, my weapon choice, you can equip rockball (QCF,K) and trap them with J.FP,S.FP, Place Rockball (QCF,P), Kick Rockball (C.LK) Call BH AAA, Repeat, if they get close call your quicker AAA and Jump Back with FP, if in the corner, SJ and then Wall Jump out and come down with FK( It has priority over ALOT of stuff) then try to get back into the trap.....Doom and Sent have been explained, and I cant speak for what I dont use, I know they work though. Also the rockball isn't nessicary for the lesser skilled Magnus' and Storm's but it will be for the good players and getting the Rockball from eddy will be the HARDEST part of your fights with Mags and Storm. If they are good players and they get in on Mega before he starts chucking shit at them, MM WILL be dead, and the best time for this to ROYALLY screw you is at the very begining of a match when your right next to eachother. As for the other half of the big 4, Cable and Sent, switch....I know you want MM tips and that is the best tip for those battles, Cable can throw more out more shit and AHVB your ass into oblivion, Sent will be able to get out the trap easily (THANKS ALOT SUPER ARMOR) and stomp all over the blue bomber. I use Cable/BH against Sent and Cable against Cable, you don't need to do this, whatever works for you, just remember you NEED Doom AAA, BH AAA or Sent Proj. to have a Working MM, just like Strider needs Doom. Also Watch out when putting MM against Doom, BH or Spirial, Doom can photon array you from above and BH can throw demons you from above and Spirial can insta-teleport out and the chuck swords at you.....SJ Area is the safest place against MM(Which is why I prefer BH) so watch for people who can get in the air and throw out more stuff then you.....

EDIT: Beat Plane is good for chip, as for HMM: Launch, SJ.LP,SJ.LK XX HMM That shit if you even ever get in on them
    "He who hesitates is lost"
    - Bass, MegaMan7
  • modbotmodbot guy in the Kobun shirt Joined: Posts: 155 admin
    Re: How would you play MegaMan defensively?
    Originally posted by MMMasterSTE

First off, get the notion of cheap out of your head right now if you want to be a serious player. If you cannot defeat someone it's your problem, not their's, this game is all about who can adapt quicker....remember that.

Hell yes. Cable's not going to stop guard-breaking you just because it's "annoying", and Mags/Storm aren't going to stop rushing you down because it "gets in the way". If you ever make the mistake of having pity or chilling on the opponent in a tourney game, you're inviting a beat-down.
    EDIT: Beat Plane is good for chip, as for HMM, Lauch, SJ.LP,SJ.LK XX HMM That shit if you even ever get in on them

Yeah... that's my bread-n-butter HMM combo. For crowd pleasing effect, you can DHC that into Sakura's diagonal fireball super if you DHC less than halfway through HMM. It doesn't do much damage, but it looks beautiful. [MM and Sakura go very well together since you're bound to have 3-4 levels by the time MM switches out, so... free Evil Sakura. And Evil Sakura also hugely benefits from Sent drones... it's a pretty strong team.]

Beat Plane: That's so incredibly dangerous. Beat Plane is horrid - if you have another level left, you can't try to cross over because a) the time is seemingly shortened from MvC1 and b) you'll DHC; it has normal jump recovery - meaning you can't block until you hit the ground (Hi Mr. AHVB! :( ); and c) the startup is hellacious so if you're close your opponent can land and then dragon punch you out of it (at the least).

I will use it for chip occasionally, but only if I'm at the very top of the super jump screen while my opponent is on the ground. Even then, you've got to vary the last couple hits of the Beat Plane (so that the erratic-ness blocks their guard canceling) and make sure you're as close to the ground as possible (and far away...) when it ends.

Buuuuut... I'm the only person I've seen playing MM around here, so maybe y'all have better Beat Plane strategies. I'm all ears - I'd love for the Beat Plane or Drill to be useful. :\
    Team Kobun: We all suck, but there's fuckin' forty of us.
  • MegamanSteveMegamanSteve Joined: Posts: 732 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    As for Beat Plane, its only real use is for chip, Like you said, I only do it in the air while the opponent is on the ground, however, if I NEED to chip and they super jump with me, just as I begin to drop, FP Mega Uppercut XX Beat plane, this 1: moves you in, 2: Moves you up both of which equal 3: Safe from AHVB since all the startup is at SJ Height, but thegame mechanics always pull a flying chracter down so you drop right down on your opponent, as for taking care of lag, while Beat Plane is about to end obviously pull back and stay on the ground and pump out foward missiles. For against Scrubs to be flashy, equip leaf shield and Activate it, then S.FK, SJ.LP, SJ.LK XX Leaf Shield XX Beat Plane:p
    "He who hesitates is lost"
    - Bass, MegaMan7