Anyone here bought a VEWLIX kit from KRAY?

Comments

• kwrigh3kwrigh3 Joined: Posts: 66
    having a little wiring issues with the AkiShop PS360+ PCB. Since this is my first CP/stick wiring, just making sure I'm doing it right. I followed all the directions for PCB and wiring. All the buttons work fine, but the Sanwa JLF joystick does not. I'm using a JLF wiring harness. The joystick seems to only respond when in Up/Back position. I wired up Side 2 just to make sure its not a bad component and the same thing. I'm baffled. I don't know what to try next.
  • Jelloman581Jelloman581 Joined: Posts: 90
    Thanks. I probably will use these. Where exactly did you mount them? Did you trim any of the cables to make them shorter...to ease cable management?
    Here's a couple pics of the underside of the control panel. I've learned some wiring techniques since, so I may redo it.
    img1161c.jpg
    himg1162e.jpg
    Shipped today!
    Artwork is not included.

I would LOVE to have that metallic control panel from the Viewlix cabs. Nice single cab for sure though!
    having a little wiring issues with the AkiShop PS360+ PCB. Since this is my first CP/stick wiring, just making sure I'm doing it right. I followed all the directions for PCB and wiring. All the buttons work fine, but the Sanwa JLF joystick does not. I'm using a JLF wiring harness. The joystick seems to only respond when in Up/Back position. I wired up Side 2 just to make sure its not a bad component and the same thing. I'm baffled. I don't know what to try next.

Try flipping your JLF harness on the stick itself. I found myself doing that a lot when modding sticks (I just put a dot on the correct side now to minimize those oopsies!), despite the little "lip" on the harness. Also, make sure either A) you are using the correct color coded JLF (I have come across two different color layouts), or B) you have the wires soldered to the correct spots. This is a popular reference for checking your wires based on stick orientation, no matter the harness you use.

sanwacablepinout.jpg
  • SFighterloveSFighterlove Trust your instincts Joined: Posts: 434
    Thanks man. I would love to have that metal look too.
    XBOX360: EAMendietta
    Try flipping your JLF harness on the stick itself. I found myself doing that a lot when modding sticks (I just put a dot on the correct side now to minimize those oopsies!), despite the little "lip" on the harness. Also, make sure either A) you are using the correct color coded JLF (I have come across two different color layouts), or B) you have the wires soldered to the correct spots. This is a popular reference for checking your wires based on stick orientation, no matter the harness you use.

Just got home to test this. Flipping the JLF harness [cable] seemed to help slightly. Now Back (left) works....still all the other directions do not, regardless of combination into the PCB. Also keep in mind, all my buttons function. Even Home & Start. The different harness got me thinking though, so I checked mine. If the lip is on the bottom the color are from left to right: oraange, green black red yellow. Not in rainbow order like I've seen on countless manuals. Is this wrong?

Additionally...the first diagram, most fits whats going on right now.
    Sounds like you have a Seimitsu harness

scaled.php?server=24&filename=jlfpcbpinouts.jpg&res=landing

Based on this:

Orange = Ground
    Green = Right
    Black = Left
    Red = Up
    Yellow = Down

Check it with a multimeter before you solder!
    Sounds like you have a Seimitsu harness

scaled.php?server=24&filename=jlfpcbpinouts.jpg&res=landing

Based on this:

Orange = Ground
    Green = Right
    Black = Left
    Red = Up
    Yellow = Down

Check it with a multimeter before you solder!
    its sooo weird. i reviewed the shipping info. I get lots of stuff from Focus Attack. The documentation states they are JLF-H 5 Pin Wiring Harness but I get what you are saying. Maybe they made a mistake and shipped the wrong cables. Is it true the wrong cable will NOT work at all? I won't be soldering anything. PCB is solder less. Do I need to buy the right cables?
  • rcaidorcaido Dynamic Bayside Duo Joined: Posts: 8,317
    its sooo weird. i reviewed the shipping info. I get lots of stuff from Focus Attack. The documentation states they are JLF-H 5 Pin Wiring Harness but I get what you are saying. Maybe they made a mistake and shipped the wrong cables. Is it true the wrong cable will NOT work at all? I won't be soldering anything. PCB is solder less. Do I need to buy the right cables?

You can use the Seimitsu harness...Just make sure that you connect the orange to your ground connection...The rest you can do trial & error to see which goes up, down, left, right....I think Jelloman got it right though so just follow that...
    The Seimitsu cable will work fine, it's just wiring. There's no extra circuitry or anything in the harness to not make it work. They are interchangeable. The key is the orientation of the stick and which direction the harness connector is going out. That determines what the wires do.

If you are looking at the underside of your control panel and the buttons are on your left, the harness connector should be sticking out to your right. That is the most common orientation, but not the only one, hence the first diagram I posted with all four harness positions. Otherwise, follow the first pic I posted to determine which wire does what based on your JLF orientation. Pin 1 (Orange) will ALWAYS be ground.

I haven't seen a PS360+ other than pics, but it looks like the wires just screw into the terminals like the ChimpSMD or MC Cthulhu, so correct, no soldering required. So it will be easy to correct a mistake.

Good luck! This process only makes you feel like a boss when you tell your friends, "*cough* yeah I wired it myself!"
    What shipping service does Kray use? He gave me a tracking number but I'm not sure who is shipping it. I emailed him about it but I also wanted to ask here as well, maybe I can get a quicker response as I know Kray is really busy.

Thanks,
  • Pharmtech78Pharmtech78 Joined: Posts: 63
    UPS is who i received mine from.
    Thanks,
    No prob.
    Hot tip: cut and paste a tracking number in google and it will give you the link for it. Works for UPS and FedEx so far that I have tried. :)
    He gave me a 6 digit tracking number. I tried UPS and fedex and nothing came up. Usually tracking numbers are like 10 digits right??? No big deal tho. Kray said they would call me before they deliver the cab so I can plan accordingly. Man I'm excited!
    He gave me a 6 digit tracking number. I tried UPS and fedex and nothing came up. Usually tracking numbers are like 10 digits right??? No big deal tho. Kray said they would call me before they deliver the cab so I can plan accordingly. Man I'm excited!
    STI Delivers is the company he uses if the cab is fully assembled. You can reach them here.
    https://extranet.spectransinc.com/BOSShipmentTracking/BOSShipTrack.aspx
    Hope this helps.
    Thanks bro. Kray got back to me with the shipping info. I know this has been said before but the customer service is great.
    thank everyone who gave me info about the stick wiring and PCBs. Once I figured out the correct pinouts...everything went smoothly. My cab is all wired up and fully functional. Still need to get my artwork in.
    having a minor problem. During testing/play, I've noticed my ball tops can unscrew while playing. How do you fix this? Do I need to use something like Loctite?
    having a minor problem. During testing/play, I've noticed my ball tops can unscrew while playing. How do you fix this? Do I need to use something like Loctite?
    Under the shaft of the joystick you can use a flathead screw driver to hold it in place while you tighten the balltop and you should then be good to go.
    Under the shaft of the joystick you can use a flathead screw driver to hold it in place while you tighten the balltop and you should then be good to go.
    Just did it. Thank you SOOO much. It was slightly unscrewing itself during play. I LOVE you guys, this community is so helpful. My artwork should be done tomorrow. Sorry no spoilers, I just hate posting unfinished things.
    No problem, glad to be of assistance. :-)
    I need more advice. Where should I get my artwork printed? I thought I throw FedEx/Kinkos a bone. They're local and down the street. Well, let me tell you. Told 3 different sales personnel if the print isn't 30 inches WIDE it won't fit. Everyone said, yeah, yeah, its fine. No problem! Went to pick up the final product today...prints are all small. d3v gave me the right file so I know its not a mistake. They just didn't do it right. Sometimes people think they can coast through their jobs and then they are surprised when something is DEAD wrong. I even showed them the Kraylix and said...you know BIG! Showing my hands. Then they gave me some BS about we weren't even supposed to print these Capcom logos, and tried to say the same thing about the Kraylix logos. I'm like Kray isn't that huge...don't give me that nonsense. Sorry for the mini rant...in short where can I have this done with no problems? Mine is now fully functional and this would be the last part to finish aesthetically.
  • YambaoYambao Joined: Posts: 12
    Yeah FedEx Kinkos is hit or miss for me. I live in the bay area (east bay). I had problems trying to get lami label for an SE. From my experience you have to be precise with what you want. When I got the artwork for my kraylix printed you have to find one that can do large orders. I have 2 by me and the good one doesnt do large orders. So i had to go to the fail one. Im assuming you know photoshop but make sure you know the measurements. It sounds stupid but you have to really explain to these people what you want. Also, what helped me was bring in the plexi and match it up. Thankfully i didnt have issues but for my SE sticks i had that they messed up i didnt have to pay for it. It took a few tries but hopefully you get it printed out.

Also, maybe it was me but for some reason when i got mine printed, i printed mine with the guide so i know where to cut. But i think the drill hole guides for the marquee is off. Thankfully you cant really tell with the blue scheme i used for mine
  • Aman ChinAman Chin Joined: Posts: 4
    @kwrigh3... sounds like you got the finished cabinet. i got my mine flat packed about a month ago and am still in the process of sanding & painting. kray wasn't kidding when he said lot of sanding involved.

trying to get this done a little at a time, after work, is killing me.
    @kwrigh3... sounds like you got the finished cabinet. i got my mine flat packed about a month ago and am still in the process of sanding & painting. kray wasn't kidding when he said lot of sanding involved.

trying to get this done a little at a time, after work, is killing me.
    Take your time, its worth it. I've been building for almost 1 year now. Most of the delay was waiting for Akishop PS360+ PCBs. My cab is fully functional but not done yet. I want to add a few accessories soon.
  • makstaksmakstaks Joined: Posts: 173
    Hey guys, i'm interested in getting one. Is there a template available so i can manipulate colors? I tried searching this thread but keep getting database errors. I want a white one with mirror finish. I'm hoping kray can paint it :)
    Hey guys, i'm interested in getting one. Is there a template available so i can manipulate colors? I tried searching this thread but keep getting database errors. I want a white one with mirror finish. I'm hoping kray can paint it :)
    It sounds like you want white gloss finish. Kray contracts the painting out to professional automotive guys. So the paint and quality are very good. They should be able to paint it any color you want. Customization is more.
    Went with https://posterprintshop.com/ artwork should been here tomorrow. They even called to confirm the dimensions and layout.
    Did you get your marquee backlit? I made the mistake in just using photo paper to print...Looks nice during the day but when i have the lights off i want it to shine :(
    Did you get your marquee backlit? I made the mistake in just using photo paper to print...Looks nice during the day but when i have the lights off i want it to shine :(
    I got everything backlit, yes. I still don't know how it will look with the lighting kits I have. My kits are from Suzo Happ and they are for cabinets, but you never know. I hope the colors don't wash out too much. I figured 2 of the 3 panels will be lit (marquee & move list) If I ever decide to back light the control panel (with EL panels) like Dirty-D, I'll already have it printed on the right paper. I may not do this because thats A LOT of light. And I think the marquee and move list are enough. My artwork should be here today. I know this question was asked before, but no real answer was given. How do you cut the holes for the 24mm & 30mm buttons. I doubt my hand is that steady with just an Xacto knife. Ultimately, I'm not putting the cutouts inside my buttons, so it its slightly off, the button surround will probably cover this up.
    What i did was put the art on top of the control panel & then put the plexi on top of the art...Get an exacto knife & slice the holes horizontally & vertically...Kind of a like a pizza w/ 4 slices...Then i would carve around it...

Here is the thread if you want to keep the button holes for art.
    http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/guide-how-to-put-art-under-clear-seimitsu-buttons.25926/
  • zenblasterzenblaster Joined: Posts: 717
    I pm'd you about a 2player panel kray
  • BurnerAzRBurnerAzR Sol Badguy Joined: Posts: 212
    So my girl and I are finally moving into a bigger place which means I can have my home office and a cab! She gave me the green light last night over dinner so soon I'll be a part of the club. Kray's got my money.
    Why all the salt? It's just a game.... right?
    Where your Kraylix at??? I'm almost happy with mine and ready for unveil. I think I may switch up the artwork though.
    Haha I'm still patiently waiting for my turn on the waiting list. I put my money down for my un-painted v4 2 player cab at the end of last month but I think I read it usually takes about 2 months to ship. We're all moved into our new place and I already have a corner in the living room ready for my Kraylix.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
    Haha I'm still patiently waiting for my turn on the waiting list. I put my money down for my un-painted v4 2 player cab at the end of last month but I think I read it usually takes about 2 months to ship. We're all moved into our new place and I already have a corner in the living room ready for my Kraylix.
    Living room...huh? Thats what I did. I've seen people with them in the bedrooms etc. And don't get me wrong thats cool. But something like this is an "art piece" its too COOL to NOT have it display where everyone can see. Unpainted is WORK...but it'll be easier to work on. Its sometimes hard to mount things when fully assembled. I think if I build another one, I'd like it unpainted.
    My vewlix cabs are in the garage, asian wife would kill me if i had inside the living room...
  • NickRocksNickRocks SATSUI NO SABU Joined: Posts: 22,574
    goddamn these are sexy
    King of the Post-09ers
    Last of the Prembers, R.I.P. my nibbas
    Maximilian is a racist thief
    https://clips.twitch.tv/maximilian_dood/DifferentBeeHeyGuys
    I'm actually a professional color matcher, I paint things for a living. I've always been the do it yourself kind of guy. I don't think I'm spraying my Kraylix though, don't feel like dragging everything to the shop and setting up our spray booths.

I'm actually a professional color matcher, I paint things for a living. I've always been the do it yourself kind of guy. I don't think I'm spraying my Kraylix though, don't feel like dragging everything to the shop and setting up our spray booths.
    Spray booths, spray booths....SPRAY BOOTHS!!! Come ON! Don't skim. Make it HOT!
    Oh you know I'm gonna make that shit hot. I'm thinking of just using a brush on color to keep it simple. I will most likely spray on a nice thick clear coat and buff it to a mirror shine.afterwards.

You know what.... I haven't even thought about the color scheme!

Oh you know I'm gonna make that shit hot. I'm thinking of just using a brush on color to keep it simple. I will most likely spray on a nice thick clear coat and buff it to a mirror shine.afterwards.

You know what.... I haven't even thought about the color scheme!
    I decided to leave my the "classic" black so if I want to change up the artwork or theme I'm not "locked" into a color scheme. I let the color from from the art, joystick and buttons.
    You know what, I was actually thinking of doing a sort of neutral grey scheme for the cab and having a pop of color in the art and hardware.

You know what, I was actually thinking of doing a sort of neutral grey scheme for the cab and having a pop of color in the art and hardware.
    My accent color is yellow and gold so its AWESOME!!!
    Too much talk more Kraylix pics!
    a689580f-7f4f-7360.jpga689580f-7f5b-24b4.jpga689580f-7f68-163a.jpga689580f-7f7a-53db.jpga689580f-7f86-7777.jpg
    Still a work in progress.
    Very nice, what's the silver thing underneath the control panel? Is that an amp?
    Very nice, what's the silver thing underneath the control panel? Is that an amp?
    Thanks,
    That's right. I found that this was the best place to mount the amp/volume knob. The only gripe I have is that I have to be careful not to rub my leg on the volume knob.a6895821-8504-65a3.jpg