Anyone here bought a VEWLIX kit from KRAY?

Comments

• QuasimotoQuasimoto Joined: Posts: 516
    edited April 2013
    as
    hecz wrote: »
    Can anyone provide the kraylix slim red template? Mine arrived today :D Krays work is amazing!!!!

ask kray...
  • PDukePDuke Joined: Posts: 158
    Hey, everybody! I have almost finished the painting on my Kraylix. Now it is just a matter of assembly. Can someone please point me towards the right resources for cabinet art?
  • heczhecz AboveDaInfluence24/7 Joined: Posts: 1,270
    edited April 2013
    Quasimoto wrote: »
    as
    Can anyone provide the kraylix slim red template? Mine arrived today :D Krays work is amazing!!!!

ask kray...
    I did and he sent me blazblue art and he takes time to reply emails.

Btw If your LG lcd lags ask LG electronics....
    Post edited by hecz on
    Twitch:
    My mods: http://metrocitymodders.deviantart.com/gallery/
    Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/user?u=3900632
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/xHECZx_SFV_MODS
    Metroxylon says: " I'm waiting for the day you turn 18 and realize drugs are good "
    as

ask kray...

hey mr smartty pants, i just said that cuz he gave me the standard layout when i asked.... cunt
    PDuke wrote: »
    Hey, everybody! I have almost finished the painting on my Kraylix. Now it is just a matter of assembly. Can someone please point me towards the right resources for cabinet art?

since nobody on the thread likes to answer questions... the only ones i've found are the ones on this thread unless you get someone to custom make one.. kray also has a few to give if you ask.
    as

ask kray...

hey mr smartty pants, i just said that cuz he gave me the standard layout when i asked.... cunt

Did I asked for the standard layout? Ironically he doesnt have the red slim psd THAT I WAS ASKING FOR so If your going to quote read first. Btw my cunt is all yours to eat.
    Twitch:
    Metroxylon says: " I'm waiting for the day you turn 18 and realize drugs are good "
  • tarzanbigcitytarzanbigcity Joined: Posts: 26
    Has anyone considered using a sound bar on their kraylix cab? I ran across something like this and wondered if anyone has done this.

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-HW-E350-AirTrack-Soundbar/dp/B0076U2ALY/ref=cm_cr_pr_pb_t

My kraylix cab is on order, but I may give this a try once it comes in. It features an integrated sub and the reviews are pretty good. Its the only one I have found that has the right width to fit.
    sent the hd fury and the shitty lg32 tv back, bought one of these http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0078LSTWU/?tag=dislag-20 was told it doesn't lag based off of http://www.displaylag.com/display-database/#participants-list .... hopefully that'll fix the shitty lag problems
  • rcaidorcaido Dynamic Bayside Duo Joined: Posts: 8,317
    Uh 19ms isn't good you will notice that.
    lol.... he has the evo monitors that are 18ms.... this is 1ms more... I HIghly doubt it. read the whole article. specifically

Its easy to assume that the middle section is the correct reading and a means for an “average”, but the end result is what matters. It makes more sense to calculate the highest possible lag, and the fastest displays in that regard are the ones you should be purchasing. For example, this ASUS monitor is used by highly competitive fighting game players worldwide and has a history of great input and response times. Even though 18ms seems like a lot, this number factors in the display response time as well as the input lag, measured from the bottom frame. With respect to this, its actually one of the fastest monitors tested on Display Lag.
    Actually for some reason i was thinking 27ms...Yeah 19ms should be decent. Report back your results, as i wouldn't mind buying a back up LCD.
    every game looks great, plus absolutely no lag. couldn't ask for a better tv
    Nice going to order one or two
    rcaido wrote: »
    Nice going to order one or two

they're also light weight and they fit perfectly in the cab
    QY1vOIM.jpg
    Alright so i got the Samsung monitor. Monitor is too small, for the Kraylix. How were you able to mount it? Also what are your picture setting? Are you using game mode?
    edited May 2013
    too small? ?ui=2&ik=5f9c1638de&view=att&th=13dc870d2d222429&attid=0.3&disp=emb&zw&atsh=1

I mounted mine to that supporing plate and then used wood screws to mount to the cab... he said this was the first kraylix that was like this, maybe you can ask for that mounting wood? btw the two yellow pieces of wood that he has supporting the mointor I didnt use, just screwed right into the cab

btw i'm on standard mode+ if you go into the advanced options there is a game mode and yes mine is on
  • binabykbinabyk Joined: Posts: 15
    edited May 2013
    Just got mine up and running!!

9U8zLYg.jpg
    LWEE7HW.jpg
    poFldCZ.jpg
    pvM5ofn.jpg
    30j8lTJ.jpg
    hFwY824.jpg

The 32" Samsung series 5 tv fits perfectly inside the TV hole of the 2-player cabinet! I have mine mounted perfectly flush.
    The amp is an Emotiva Mini-X and the speakers are Harman Kardon JL-462s. The headset is the Sony Pulse wireless headset.
    Joysticks are regular Sanwa JLFs... Playing buttons are smoke OSBC rims with white and smoke plungers, start and side buttons are smoke Seimitsu screw-ins. All are connected to PS360+s.
    Post edited by binabyk on
    I bought the samsung 4003 reviewed from display lag too and it lags I compared it to my asus......its not as laggy as other tvs but im 100% it lags more even on game mode. It all depend on your preferences.
    Twitch:
    edited May 2013
    some levels do, but on training stage on marvel or sf4 i dont see it at all. I figured it was mostly ps3 lag
    too small? ?ui=2&ik=5f9c1638de&view=att&th=13dc870d2d222429&attid=0.3&disp=emb&zw&atsh=1

I mounted mine to that supporing plate and then used wood screws to mount to the cab... he said this was the first kraylix that was like this, maybe you can ask for that mounting wood? btw the two yellow pieces of wood that he has supporting the mointor I didnt use, just screwed right into the cab

btw i'm on standard mode+ if you go into the advanced options there is a game mode and yes mine is on

Yes the screen fits exactly if not a little bit of gap, LG had a huge casing & fit perfectly without having to really mount it at all. Right now i ghetto rigged it with mount hopefully it doesnt fall forward...

LG vs Samsung input lag seem the same to me when LG is using VGA. Samsung does NOT have a VGA. So heads up everyone on that.
    Samsung is quite lighter, smaller but produces a better & picture. Looks cheaper & feels cheaper though in terms of material used compared to the LG. I ended up sticking with the Samsung & the LG will be its backup for now depending how the mount holds.
  • SteveirenoSteveireno Page 211-210 Vol.10 Joined: Posts: 8
    Hi guy it's been a while but i have pretty much neglected my Kraylix v4 2 player cabinet since i built it a little over a year ago everything is put together and working. I was wondering whats the best way to paint it going for a nice black and white combo trying to do it as fairly easy as possible. I left for Mexico after i built it and its been great playing it again.
    Loving my Kraylix
    martin-v-jason.gif
  • ShinjiGohanShinjiGohan Joined: Posts: 5,091 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited May 2013
    how tall is the full cab version? Never mind, saw the answer on his BlogSpot.
    Post edited by ShinjiGohan on
  • TheButcherjbTheButcherjb Joined: Posts: 69
    They are very nice cabs but they are to expensive for me. I saw a user trying to sell his close to where I live. Maybe I can haggle with him. Hmmmm...
  • CharmCharm Joined: Posts: 59
    are the v4 2player cabs really sturdy? do they shake alot?
    Charm wrote: »
    are the v4 2player cabs really sturdy? do they shake alot?

Its as sturdy as back in the days playing Street Fighter at the arcades...Its more sturdy then candy cabs. Its a good buy, no regrets!

Its as sturdy as back in the days playing Street Fighter at the arcades...Its more sturdy then candy cabs. Its a good buy, no regrets!

thanks for your input. now i just have to decide on whether i want to buy x2 of the half v4 (the stand) or x1 2player of the full v4. anybody have anything to say in regards to the sturdiness of the half v4 stands?

thanks for your input. now i just have to decide on whether i want to buy x2 of the half v4 (the stand) or x1 2player of the full v4. anybody have anything to say in regards to the sturdiness of the half v4 stands?

Get x2 Kraylix slim.

for the most part it's pretty sturdy, i do have a few "friends" that play a little rougher let's say... and it does move time to time. push it against the wall and you'll be aight
  • Notes_NuQNotes_NuQ Joined: Posts: 31
    Has anyone made a detailed tutorial video on how to paint a kraylix?

for the most part it's pretty sturdy, i do have a few "friends" that play a little rougher let's say... and it does move time to time. push it against the wall and you'll be aight

Do you have prowrestler friends? Thing is built like a tank. Do you have wheel casters?
  • Dark GaidenDark Gaiden Joined: Posts: 284
    edited May 2013

Having 2 of them I can definitely say the half V4 stands are indeed quite sturdy and rarely ever move despite violent motions. If for whatever reason you still need more weight to secure it (which you shouldn't) you can always place some weights on the inside corners of the wood (there's plenty of space).
    Notes_NuQ wrote: »
    Has anyone made a detailed tutorial video on how to paint a kraylix?
    not directly, but this is a good step by step on now to paint to a mirror finish
    http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/67501?threads/how-to-paint-mdf-to-a-mirror-finish-worklog.67501/

Kray mentioned that some parts like the arc you would need assemble and then paint, so the joints all come together.

edited May 2013

Do you have prowrestler friends? Thing is built like a tank. Do you have wheel casters?

haha I dont think so I never looked. it more like shakes doesn't really move..... it's on carpet as well so yeah
  • SmokeMaxXSmokeMaxX T.O. of A.R.K. Joined: Posts: 7,974
    Wish he still painted these. I'd like to buy one prepainted pretty soon. I have the money, but gotta clear up space haha.
    lots of good info in here. thanks for all your advice. makes spending over a grand or 2 much easier.
    SmokeMaxX wrote: »
    Wish he still painted these. I'd like to buy one prepainted pretty soon. I have the money, but gotta clear up space haha.

Thing is that if he still did the painting orders then he wouldn't be able to push out as many cabinets as he can. Back before this really got around he probably had enough free time to do the painting. But now he's so swamped that he has a waiting list for months.
    SmokeMaxX wrote: »

Thing is that if he still did the painting orders then he wouldn't be able to push out as many cabinets as he can. Back before this really got around he probably had enough free time to do the painting. But now he's so swamped that he has a waiting list for months.

Haha, no I completely understand. Just being greedy :)
    If there was a service I could use that I could trust and wasn't super pricey, I'd gladly buy the parts from him and then have someone else do the painting. I just don't want it to come out as complete shit lol.
    edited May 2013
    if it comes with the monitor then yeah. Even without it, it doesn't seem that bad depending on shipping considering that painting was already done. Just to compare an unpainted no stick/buttons/screen would cost 595 plus shipping. shipping would be about 200 and you'd still need to buy 2 sticks, 20 buttons, 2 speakers. Buying all those plus shipping would probably close in on 140-160. Or around $1050. Assuming similar shipping cost for that one and you're only saving around $50. Which will go into lots and lots of spray paint/towels/wet sandpaper/wax and terry cloths assuming that you're going for a good finish. If you're going to just slap on some paint with a brush and not care how it looks then you'd save a little bit of money on buying from kray himself. Otherwise I'd go for it, especially if it comes with a monitor.

I already asked the auctioneer if it comes with a monitor so check back to the page and hopefully he'll answer.
    <edit> he answsered, and yes it does.

Just to compare btw, back when kray was doing painted orders, a similar cabinet would cost 1135 painted, and over 400 for shipping (it was already assembled, like that one).
    Post edited by ShinjiGohan on
    i decided not to go with it. i'm going to get x2 of the half v4. it just seems to be more versatile.
    Just curious why not the kraylix slim?
    What's a half v4? I don't see it on his website.
    the half v4 is just the lower portion of the cabinet. No arch to hold a TV, pretty much just the base and the joystick. It was on his site a few months ago. I dunno what happened to it, you can still see it on his blog.
    http://customvewlix.blogspot.com/
    Just curious why not the kraylix slim?

i like the flexibility of not having to mount a tv and also having the option to go back to back like in darkgaiden's setup on page 20 of this thread.
    Do you know how much the half V4 costs? It's for the Hori Vewlix controller right?
  • ExtremeYoshiFanExtremeYoshiFan Joined: Posts: 1,179
    Do you know how much the half V4 costs? It's for the Hori Vewlix controller right?
    You are thinking of the KLX stand, which is $295 unpainted + you need to cover shipping.
    You are thinking of the KLX stand, which is $295 unpainted + you need to cover shipping.

I WANT IT! But 495 for painted is alittle steep. I would not want to paint it myself, I had a bad experience painting a joystick. :-/