Anyone here bought a VEWLIX kit from KRAY?

Comments

• kwrigh3kwrigh3 Joined: Posts: 66
    I just put a cathode light behind it so that I could see inside when i opened the coin door.
    I know what that is but thats pretty vague. What kinda light is it? Who makes it? Where did you mount it? Do you have any details you want to share?
  • YambaoYambao Joined: Posts: 12
    So i call this my ghetto diamond vewlix. Not how i wanted it to come out since i ran into a lot of problems but im happy with it for being my first diy cab project

http://screencast.com/t/28j6roZF
    http://screencast.com/t/0c7wDuYg5TNy
    http://screencast.com/t/hi5YuVNA
  • speedsterharryspeedsterharry Joined: Posts: 786
    No, the blue Kraylix is not ghetto.
    The white plastic garden chairs, on the other hand....
  • YambaoYambao Joined: Posts: 12
    No, the blue Kraylix is not ghetto.
    The white plastic garden chairs, on the other hand....

haha i know. man i already dealt out close to 1000 for everything so far. the chairs serve its purpose.
  • rcaidorcaido Dynamic Bayside Duo Joined: Posts: 8,438
    I just realize i haven't posted my head2head yet in this thread...
    2012-05-25030431.jpg
    DSC_0954.jpg
  • Notes_NuQNotes_NuQ Joined: Posts: 31
    Question for the peeps with car speakers in their kraylix. How do you guys control the volume? What kind of amps are you using?
  • SFighterloveSFighterlove Trust your instincts Joined: Posts: 434
    Anyone else care to share what their using?
    I knew I wanted GREAT sound for this build so I went digital audio out of my Sony HDTV to Emotiva XDA-1 DAC (which has level control and a remote) to a Halfer P3000 Power Amp (which also has level control) to JL Audio C2-400x 4" car speakers.
  • Pharmtech78Pharmtech78 Joined: Posts: 68
    I have a Sherwood receiver 100w x 2 channel (with remote control support) which is connected to my rockford fosgate 4" speakers. On top of that i have a powered velodyne 6.5" powered subwoofer that is connected to the receiver. From my TV i have a box that converts digital optical to rca, so digital optical from TV to RCA on receiver and BAMMM there it is an awesome sound setup. A little pricey. but i like a good sound setup.
    Thanks for the info guys
  • ericleroiericleroi Joined: Posts: 529
    Not got a Kraylix or using car speakers but I use a Logitech z5400 in my Vewlix slim - it has the advantage of dual stereo which means 4 speakers can be used. It's an easy package to work with so maybe worth thinking about something similar if you want to go with a 4 speaker/sub implementation.
  • Jelloman581Jelloman581 Joined: Posts: 90

Yeah, but it's an issue for me if I don't have the gap, as the IR sensor of the TV is on the lower right corner. Not sure if there is a difference in the bezel between the v3 (what I have) and the current v4 Kraylix. It doesn't bug me as much as the gaps I have between the lower marquee edge and the upper speaker panel (that was just on me attaching the speaker panel).

For my amp, I'm using this. Probably a little much wattage, but the sound is great with the Pioneers I have.
    http://www.amazon.com/Pyle-2x75W-Stereo-Power-Amplifier/dp/B001P2R1RW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1341537879&sr=8-1&keywords=pyle+amp
    I also have an Altec Lansing subwoofer connected that I've had sitting around from my CRT days. Adds a little extra umph, but it's pretty weak. I'd like to get a better sub for inside the base, any suggestions?
    http://www.dansdata.com/images/xa3021/sub520.jpg

So far, no complaints from sound from the peeps!
    Yeah, but it's an issue for me if I don't have the gap, as the IR sensor of the TV is on the lower right corner. Not sure if there is a difference in the bezel between the v3 (what I have) and the current v4 Kraylix. It doesn't bug me as much as the gaps I have between the lower marquee edge and the upper speaker panel (that was just on me attaching the speaker panel).

My IR sensors were covered too, but also my tv didn't fit in the given gap. I used additional leftover pieces of mounting brace to raise the tv's height. I don't have a gap on my Kraylix V4. Its all tight and snug. Check to see if the CP is pushed back all the way before closing the clamps down.
    finally got those HOT AkiShop PS360+ PCBs. YEAH!!!! So I'm wondering how are people mounting their PCBs, I'd like a clean look and easy access if a button or cable goes out. Looking for suggestions.
    If you want to be fancy, use http://www.paradisearcadeshop.com/en/21-pcb-feet.html. Used em on my Paewangs that are in my Kraylix.
    If you want to be fancy, use http://www.paradisearcadeshop.com/en/21-pcb-feet.html. Used em on my Paewangs that are in my Kraylix.
    Thanks. I probably will use these. Where exactly did you mount them? Did you trim any of the cables to make them shorter...to ease cable management?
    I'd like to get a better sub for inside the base, any suggestions?

You should get a velodyne subwoofer. That would give you a real thump. :) but seriously though they are awesome.
    Shipped today!
    Artwork is not included.

4118ac42-af7b-3a35.jpg
    4118ac42-af85-feeb.jpg

4118ac42-af92-6a0c.jpg
    XBOX360: EAMendietta
    having a little wiring issues with the AkiShop PS360+ PCB. Since this is my first CP/stick wiring, just making sure I'm doing it right. I followed all the directions for PCB and wiring. All the buttons work fine, but the Sanwa JLF joystick does not. I'm using a JLF wiring harness. The joystick seems to only respond when in Up/Back position. I wired up Side 2 just to make sure its not a bad component and the same thing. I'm baffled. I don't know what to try next.
    Thanks. I probably will use these. Where exactly did you mount them? Did you trim any of the cables to make them shorter...to ease cable management?
    Here's a couple pics of the underside of the control panel. I've learned some wiring techniques since, so I may redo it.
    img1161c.jpg
    himg1162e.jpg
    Shipped today!
    Artwork is not included.

I would LOVE to have that metallic control panel from the Viewlix cabs. Nice single cab for sure though!
    having a little wiring issues with the AkiShop PS360+ PCB. Since this is my first CP/stick wiring, just making sure I'm doing it right. I followed all the directions for PCB and wiring. All the buttons work fine, but the Sanwa JLF joystick does not. I'm using a JLF wiring harness. The joystick seems to only respond when in Up/Back position. I wired up Side 2 just to make sure its not a bad component and the same thing. I'm baffled. I don't know what to try next.

Try flipping your JLF harness on the stick itself. I found myself doing that a lot when modding sticks (I just put a dot on the correct side now to minimize those oopsies!), despite the little "lip" on the harness. Also, make sure either A) you are using the correct color coded JLF (I have come across two different color layouts), or B) you have the wires soldered to the correct spots. This is a popular reference for checking your wires based on stick orientation, no matter the harness you use.

sanwacablepinout.jpg
    Thanks man. I would love to have that metal look too.
    Try flipping your JLF harness on the stick itself. I found myself doing that a lot when modding sticks (I just put a dot on the correct side now to minimize those oopsies!), despite the little "lip" on the harness. Also, make sure either A) you are using the correct color coded JLF (I have come across two different color layouts), or B) you have the wires soldered to the correct spots. This is a popular reference for checking your wires based on stick orientation, no matter the harness you use.

Just got home to test this. Flipping the JLF harness [cable] seemed to help slightly. Now Back (left) works....still all the other directions do not, regardless of combination into the PCB. Also keep in mind, all my buttons function. Even Home & Start. The different harness got me thinking though, so I checked mine. If the lip is on the bottom the color are from left to right: oraange, green black red yellow. Not in rainbow order like I've seen on countless manuals. Is this wrong?

Additionally...the first diagram, most fits whats going on right now.
    Sounds like you have a Seimitsu harness

scaled.php?server=24&filename=jlfpcbpinouts.jpg&res=landing

Based on this:

Orange = Ground
    Green = Right
    Black = Left
    Red = Up
    Yellow = Down

Check it with a multimeter before you solder!
    Sounds like you have a Seimitsu harness

scaled.php?server=24&filename=jlfpcbpinouts.jpg&res=landing

Based on this:

Orange = Ground
    Green = Right
    Black = Left
    Red = Up
    Yellow = Down

Check it with a multimeter before you solder!
    its sooo weird. i reviewed the shipping info. I get lots of stuff from Focus Attack. The documentation states they are JLF-H 5 Pin Wiring Harness but I get what you are saying. Maybe they made a mistake and shipped the wrong cables. Is it true the wrong cable will NOT work at all? I won't be soldering anything. PCB is solder less. Do I need to buy the right cables?
  • rcaidorcaido Dynamic Bayside Duo Joined: Posts: 8,438
    its sooo weird. i reviewed the shipping info. I get lots of stuff from Focus Attack. The documentation states they are JLF-H 5 Pin Wiring Harness but I get what you are saying. Maybe they made a mistake and shipped the wrong cables. Is it true the wrong cable will NOT work at all? I won't be soldering anything. PCB is solder less. Do I need to buy the right cables?

You can use the Seimitsu harness...Just make sure that you connect the orange to your ground connection...The rest you can do trial & error to see which goes up, down, left, right....I think Jelloman got it right though so just follow that...
    The Seimitsu cable will work fine, it's just wiring. There's no extra circuitry or anything in the harness to not make it work. They are interchangeable. The key is the orientation of the stick and which direction the harness connector is going out. That determines what the wires do.

If you are looking at the underside of your control panel and the buttons are on your left, the harness connector should be sticking out to your right. That is the most common orientation, but not the only one, hence the first diagram I posted with all four harness positions. Otherwise, follow the first pic I posted to determine which wire does what based on your JLF orientation. Pin 1 (Orange) will ALWAYS be ground.

I haven't seen a PS360+ other than pics, but it looks like the wires just screw into the terminals like the ChimpSMD or MC Cthulhu, so correct, no soldering required. So it will be easy to correct a mistake.

Good luck! This process only makes you feel like a boss when you tell your friends, "*cough* yeah I wired it myself!"
    What shipping service does Kray use? He gave me a tracking number but I'm not sure who is shipping it. I emailed him about it but I also wanted to ask here as well, maybe I can get a quicker response as I know Kray is really busy.

Thanks,
    UPS is who i received mine from.
    Thanks,
    No prob.
    Hot tip: cut and paste a tracking number in google and it will give you the link for it. Works for UPS and FedEx so far that I have tried. :)
    He gave me a 6 digit tracking number. I tried UPS and fedex and nothing came up. Usually tracking numbers are like 10 digits right??? No big deal tho. Kray said they would call me before they deliver the cab so I can plan accordingly. Man I'm excited!
    He gave me a 6 digit tracking number. I tried UPS and fedex and nothing came up. Usually tracking numbers are like 10 digits right??? No big deal tho. Kray said they would call me before they deliver the cab so I can plan accordingly. Man I'm excited!
    STI Delivers is the company he uses if the cab is fully assembled. You can reach them here.
    https://extranet.spectransinc.com/BOSShipmentTracking/BOSShipTrack.aspx
    Hope this helps.
    Thanks bro. Kray got back to me with the shipping info. I know this has been said before but the customer service is great.
    thank everyone who gave me info about the stick wiring and PCBs. Once I figured out the correct pinouts...everything went smoothly. My cab is all wired up and fully functional. Still need to get my artwork in.
    having a minor problem. During testing/play, I've noticed my ball tops can unscrew while playing. How do you fix this? Do I need to use something like Loctite?