Anyone here bought a VEWLIX kit from KRAY?

Comments

• clipse84clipse84 Joined: Posts: 120
    Here is some updated pictures of my Kraylix arcade cabinet.
    DSCF0102.jpg
    DSCF0104.jpg
    DSCF0106.jpg
    DSCF0107.jpg
    DSCF0110.jpg
    Here Are Some Pictures With The Lights On.. 95% done I just need the akishop ps360+ pcb’s
    DSCF0111.jpg
    DSCF0113.jpg
    DSCF0118.jpg
  • ericleroiericleroi Joined: Posts: 528
    1 proud owner, I bet. A mean lookin' machine.
  • Raylosangeles86Raylosangeles86 Joined: Posts: 1
    Nice setup clipse. I just got mine also. I was wondering if you can please provide the PSD Vewlix artwork. I only have the one that says kraylix. Thanks! =)
  • emphaticemphatic Joined: Posts: 478
    Everything looks great apart from the visible LG logo on the screen. Is the bezel temporary?
    I love shmups and never play fighting games.
    Here's my Guwange stick: http://www.emphatic.se/?p=197
  • binabykbinabyk Joined: Posts: 15
    ralosangeles86, if you dl the psd I linked to, you'll notice that you can uncheck the layer for Kraylix and check the layer for Vewlix and voila!!
  • PDukePDuke Joined: Posts: 158
    Hi. I am joining the ranks of Kraylix owners, and I am VERY excited! I was looking for a tv, but the SRK threads are dated, and I cannot find any of the recommended tv's. Does anyone have some suggestions? Hoping to grab something from an online black friday deal, or cyber monday (I hate myself for typing those). Thank you guys and gals in advance.
    I will hopefully be buying a kraylix in the next few months (if I quit getting parking tickets) and I just picked up the tv for it since I got it in a crazy sale at best buy here in canada. It's a 32" 1080P Samsung LED UN32EH5300F. From what I could find, when game mode is turned on, the input lag is between 1-2 frames. I'm not a pro, so that's decent for me. If I find it bothers me later on, perhaps I'll pick up an HD Fury or something. The TV is hella nice, and has that smart tv stuff so it can stream video over wifi from my other pc, etc.

Apparently the LG CS360(maybe 260?) is cheaper and has less lag, but is only 720P!
  • Jasen HicksJasen Hicks JasensCustoms.com Joined: Posts: 2,353
    I ordered my KRAYLIX about 6 months ago and it's being painted now. I am going a bit different route... kind of an old hot rod look. Flat Matte Black and Flat Matte White. The painter is going nuts because despite seeing it before he agreed to paint it... it's taking a lot longer than he thought. I've had all of the electronics for about a year so as soon as it finishes paint I'll be wiring it up for use. Every day I walk into my "office" the 32" LCD/LED TV is staring at me saying... "Well?" Needless to say, I am super excited to wrap this one up.

Has anyone accumulated and put together all of the various artwork for these guys? If needed I can and will host them on my server for easy access.
    2014 SRK Tech Talk Company of the Year Jasen's Custom Creations - Custom Joysticks, SuperGuns, Vinyl Graphics
    2014 SRK Tech Talk New Arcade Stick of the Year Panzer Fight Stick - Retired
    2015 SRK Tech Talk New Arcade Stick of the Year Panzer Fight Stick 2.0 - Hiatus
    2016 SRK Tech Talk New Arcade Stick of the Year Panzer Fight Stick 3 - Order Now!
    2016 SRK Tech Talk Member of the Year Co-Recipient

Have a question? Use the JASENSCUSTOMS HELP DESK

- Jasen's Customs Facebook, it's where the pictures are: Facebook
    - Follow me on Twitter to see what new things I am adding: Twitter
    - Learn something? I try to publish all of my creations and tutorials at: The TechBlog
    yeah that will be awesome if you guys could share custom art for the arcade machine i want a umvc3 theme, or street fighter 4
  • boostedskexboostedskex Joined: Posts: 21
    If anyone is interested, I just posted my Kraylix 2player sitdown cabinet for sale. im out of space and it has to go. Here is the link or you can reach me at boostedskex@hotmail.com

http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/fs-in-pa-kraylix-v4-2player-sit-down-cabinet-complete.172917/
  • kwrigh3kwrigh3 Joined: Posts: 66
    I would NEVER sell my Kraylix. Maybe in order to build a new one. Different color maybe. I have a few ideas. You guys are correct its hard to find a solid 32" HDTV these days. Its seems they don't care about smaller models anymore. It was hard for me to find the features I wanted at the time. I went with a Sony 3D HDTV LED KDL-32EX729. They don't make this model anymore, but you can still find it I'm sure. It had the right features and design to blend into the bezel. Btw, my Kraylix's video capture chain is COMPLETE! I'm almost done...home stretch.
    My Flash 1 PCBs went in today. They definitely feel different than normal Sanwa microswitches.
    Dirty-D fell off the earth. LOL!
  • Brahski20Brahski20 Joined: Posts: 21
    Any good suggestions for a 32" Tv with low input lag to put in a cab these days? Preferably in the 200-400 dollar range! No preference if its 720 or 1080p!
  • Hustle KongHustle Kong Joined: Posts: 367 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Any good suggestions for a 32" Tv with low input lag to put in a cab these days? Preferably in the 200-400 dollar range! No preference if its 720 or 1080p!

I don't know exact numbers, but I have an Lg 32ls3500 that seems to not have any noticeable lag. Under $400.
    "Street Fighting's my communication!"
  • Brahski20Brahski20 Joined: Posts: 21
    Ill check that one out thanks! Also has anyone ever shipped a kraylix 2 player cab? What company/method of packaging did you use in sending it and how did it arrive/how much did it run you? I am attempting to buy one at the moment and Forward Air estimated the shipping at about 280$. Keep in mind that the cab is fully completed outside of needing a television and a system.
    i forgot the name of the company but shipping to los angeles was like 350 dollares for a fully asemble machine.
    i forgot the name of the company but shipping to los angeles was like 350 dollares for a fully asemble machine.
    http://www.stidelivers.com/
    Well,talked to the painter and my cab will be done the weekend before christmas and got the word from PosterPrintShop.com that the film print for the control panel, marquee, and movelist is in the mail... have the Sanwa Stuff for the control panel and a TV that doesn't want to work with my JROK encoder so I think I am ready to go and wire it up! I can't wait. I'll be sure to document everything and post up the results.
    2014 SRK Tech Talk Company of the Year Jasen's Custom Creations - Custom Joysticks, SuperGuns, Vinyl Graphics
    2016 SRK Tech Talk New Arcade Stick of the Year Panzer Fight Stick 3 - Order Now!

- Learn something? I try to publish all of my creations and tutorials at: The TechBlog
    My Kraylix is almost complete! :D
    I'm just about done...just a few more minor things!!! Apparently my upload isn't working properly. How do you post pics?
    Everything looks great apart from the visible LG logo on the screen. Is the bezel temporary?
    I'm keeping my visible Sony logo. I think its nice to know what kinda display is in there. I did raise the TV slightly due to its shallow bezel, so my logo isn't obstructed in anyway. I still don't know how to post pics on here. Sorry for the novice question.
    I think you have to post them somewhere else then click the "insert/edit image" button and give the pop up the url to your image? Not sure, haven't done it myself :$
  • Hustle KongHustle Kong Joined: Posts: 367 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I'm just about done...just a few more minor things!!! Apparently my upload isn't working properly. How do you post pics?

You host the image somewhere, like photo bucket. Then you post the URL in your message surrounded by
    [img][/img]

tags.
    "Street Fighting's my communication!"
    You host the image somewhere, like photo bucket. Then you post the URL in your message surrounded by
    [img][/img]

tags.
    I guess I only really post personal pics and stuff at FaceBook. I guess I'll figure out something though. People gotta see this thing.
  • Prod11Prod11 Joined: Posts: 1
    Has anyone used a slim cab for a mame setup. Theses look great just sold my 4-player Simpsons bc i want something smaller.
    That's what I'm intending for mine... going to have a ps3 in there for modern fighters and a mame box for old school arcade action. I found a usb kvm switch whose "switcher button" is on an extension cord-thingy so I'll hide that on the back/side beside the tv to easily switch between the two.

I'm probably being unclear on what I mean about the kvm switch so here it is:
    http://www.canadacomputers.com/product_info.php?cPath=27_1038_354&item_id=023007
    That's what I'm intending for mine... going to have a ps3 in there for modern fighters and a mame box for old school arcade action. I found a usb kvm switch whose "switcher button" is on an extension cord-thingy so I'll hide that on the back/side beside the tv to easily switch between the two.

I'm probably being unclear on what I mean about the kvm switch so here it is:
    http://www.canadacomputers.com/product_info.php?cPath=27_1038_354&item_id=023007
    if the switch has a button...like this does, just remember you can run that button through the little gap where the control panel meets the legs. There is space for maybe 1-2 cables. I've run my SIXAXIS charge on one side and a spectator camera on there other. Very slick. And neat.
  • celbancelban Joined: Posts: 223
    Has anyone ordered a kraylix with 6 buttons? Also, any idea about shipping to BC Canada?
  • Pharmtech78Pharmtech78 Joined: Posts: 63
    Has anyone ordered a kraylix with 6 buttons? Also, any idea about shipping to BC Canada?
    I'm sure Kray can pocket a six button layout for you. Shipping you'll need to verify that with him. Just shoot him an email about your questions he'll answer you pretty quickly.
  • rix9rix9 Joined: Posts: 5
    Here's some art that I put together for my Kraylix cabinet. This isn't my original art, I adapted it for use on the cabinet.

kraylix-rix-arcade-art2.jpg
  • konradpkonradp Joined: Posts: 1
    Here's some art that I put together for my Kraylix cabinet. This isn't my original art, I adapted it for use on the cabinet.

kraylix-rix-arcade-art2.jpg
    Wow that's really nice mate, any chance you can upload the large psd templete to the cloud somewhere and share this design?
    thanks so much
    Sure, here's a link to the file in Photoshop format.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/10109768/kraylix-rix-arcade-art-print.psd
    My Kraylix finally came back from Paint today. The guy did an ok job. I'm a very picky customer, so I give him an 81%. There are somethings he didn't do as well as I would have (if I had a garage to paint it in) but overall it looks fine. My phone died navigating me to his shop, so pictures will come later. Once the paint is fully cured and the cabinet has been in my house for a day or so I will fully assemble it and start wiring it up!

nothing against anyones art or decisions...but I see problems calling this "Vewlix" as it has nothing to do with Taito AT ALL!!! Do what you want, but my proudly says KRAYLIX. Giving props to the creator, fabricator and builder. I'm just saying.
    You're right, I actually had the same thoughts. My Kraylix is fully assembled with the art printed, but when I swap the marquee to backlit photo paper I had already decided to swap to the Kraylix logo from the Vewlix one.
  • rcaidorcaido Dynamic Bayside Duo Joined: Posts: 8,350
    rix9 - Really cool art & i dont even like SFIV..
    I have 2 Kraylix slims w/ 6button setup from Kray
    Just got the speakers, back light for the marquee installed... but you all have to wait for pictures!

Ok... here is a teaser. I just got the TV mounted. Turns out the slim bezel kind-of not good for these. I will have to rethink the mounting/no plexi... me thinks.

IMG_0209-700x933.jpg

• Golf RatGolf Rat Joined: Posts: 48
    I'm really close to ordering a V4. Of course I have dumb questions. As far as LCD Tvs...I can't find the LG 32LD350 anymore. Frustrating.

1. What about Sony, Samsung or Panasonic?

2. What's the easiest way to wire up? Hack some controllers, PS360 or just buy 2 WWE Brawl sticks for the guts? Then just add a JlF and Sanwas.

3. VGA vs HDMI

4. 720 vs 1080

Thanks!!