Iowa: Maize of Defeat

MURPHAGATOR!MURPHAGATOR! Go! Go! Zeppeli!Joined: Posts: 676
First post will no longer be updated.

Comments

• ngamer3kngamer3k Ground-Type Joined: Posts: 355
    Now we're talking. Still up in the air for SB for me.
    [23:18] <emotuba> I CHOOSE MY NGAMER
    [23:18] <emotuba> my shiny blake
    [23:18] <Top_hat> NGAMER USED SILENCE
    [23:18] <Top_hat> IT'S SUPER EFFECTIVE
    http://ngamer3k-stocktank.blogspot.com/
  • KamigKamig BERSERKER FUCKING SLASH! Joined: Posts: 108
    Yeah new thread! Now Iowa as a whole needs to play games more or something, we should get on ggpo more, maybe we can have like ggpo fight nights. I know i'm not going to SB.

College>games
    Every mushroom cloud has a silver lining.
    "One button, one million overheads!" - Ngamer3k on Yatterman 2
  • GrogGrog discombobulatingly Joined: Posts: 3,617
    SB still up in the air for me, my first day of work is on a Thursday Sept 23rd, I'm not allowed vacation for the first 3 weeks which will be right at SB, so we'll see.
    no one cares syxx

www.dontblowthis.com
  • sondoggsondogg moo Joined: Posts: 52
    I am also up in the air for SB though I do wanna go an play UMK.

an ggpo is still being naughty for me :(
    So, we have a nice place to set up casuals in Ames that we can claim for Thursday nights if we so choose. We had a smash thing there last weekend and it was a great place. There's an hd tv there with an indiscriminate amount of lag on it. A few more setups and we have a party.

Just to get things going, Blank and I plan to do something not this coming Thursday but the next one. People down for this? I know Murph and Zach already said they couldn't, but what about the rest?
  • Dracula_XDracula_X unblockable Joined: Posts: 911
    I see what i can do. If i can come to ames i can bring all my stuff + a smallish hdtv (lag free)

Also fuck you capcom, you had to nerf seth, the only character i have fun with in ssf4. No more stretchy j.hp, U1 gets destroyed by fireballs, screwed with riverdance hitboxes...back to 3s, Gear, Tekken, and Garou for me
    Time lost can never be retrieved.
  • KlaigeKlaige Warren Sapporris! Joined: Posts: 962
    On the IRC channel at work! OH SNAP!
    No one cares Syxx.
  • Latino_LinkLatino_Link Joined: Posts: 145
    Fresh start anyway me and a buddy+ a spectator are going to SB I was wondering if anymore Iowans were gonna be around?
  • GriffD17GriffD17 Nub Scrub Joined: Posts: 37
    I am
    Let me be the first to say that the IRC channel is a great success. Props to Murph.

Also, through a failure to communicate and lack of listening, there's actually stuff going on at that place in Ames tomorrow starting around 6. I'll probably be there but not sure, so yeah. FYI even though all of you will not be there. I can see the future.
  • MURPHAGATOR!MURPHAGATOR! Go! Go! Zeppeli! Joined: Posts: 676

oh yes.
    I have my fingers crossed for wesker.

Wtf is up with x-23's level 3..weird as fuck invisible counter or something

X-23? Really?? Not even Marvel fans like her...
    no one cares syxx

www.dontblowthis.com
  • EvilZangiefEvilZangief Cheese handle. Joined: Posts: 56
    Legit character clone. Still waiting on that antman. It might be a long wait.
  • LUCYM0N0LUCYM0N0 iowa brosef Joined: Posts: 82
    Also, through a failure to communicate and lack of listening, there's actually stuff going on at that place in Ames tomorrow starting around 6. I'll probably be there but not sure, so yeah. FYI even though all of you will not be there. I can see the future.

Can't make it tonight, but I could probably do future Thursdays. Could you PM me the info?
    SB still up in the air for me, my first day of work is on a Thursday Sept 23rd, I'm not allowed vacation for the first 3 weeks which will be right at SB, so we'll see.

Glad to hear you got a job! :tup:
  • Blank MauserBlank Mauser Joined: Posts: 94
    Due to some mishaps, the venue is now reserved for the date me and Blake actually planned for. So games will be going down in Ames next Thursday.
    I forgot to add.

I finished building my PC recently. Are you guys on Steam? If so, send me a friend invite: Steam Community :: ID :: |ESF| Mezzo
  • jubatubajubatuba Joined: Posts: 71
    Who's going to be on Live tonight? Let's fill an endless room. Cmon!
  • KempsKemps Joined: Posts: 15
    Hey guys. Good to see Iowa has a fighting game community.

Any group going to SB? If there is one, I'd like to join you. I was wanting to go to a tournament to see what it is like. I'm mainly interested in the SSFIV tourney.
  • DTJBDTJB Lazy Man's Artist Joined: Posts: 1,281
    Been a while, I've got an update for you all about doing a tourney here in Dub-Town. As far as a date, the people over at the venue are leaning towards a date in mid January. I'm fine with this but I was wondering if anyone here had a preference for a later date like sometime in the spring (April or so) like we've done in the past. As far as tourney fees, the guys want to do a venue fee of $10 with $5 being the fee for each game. Does this seem reasonable? I forget. Even with the tournaments I've been to I can't remember what's right or not.

Thinking about what games to run; Super 4, T6 and 3rd Strike are definites. Tell me what else you want.
    Working hard to get noticed.
    Put something in the music threads, good chance I'll like it.
    3S: Makoto - KOF13: Terry/Shen/Kula - USF4: Adon - VS: Felicia
    http://shoryuken.com/f322/definition-scrub-old-some-new-many-251442/

Ouch. Murph, given the thoughts I've expressed on Xbox LIVE about Cody lately, I'm obviously a scrub. I'll try to think before I speak.
    Don't kid yourself, everyone is a scrub when they start. EVERY-ONE. And it's perfectly ok, as long as you learn things, you don't have to be a great..hell even a good player. You just need to show you can actually think for 3 seconds and learn about fighting games in general, that's all it really takes to not be a Scrub. Sadly shitloads of people don't get past this.
    No one cares Syxx.
  • QuadcoreQuadcore EtherLord Joined: Posts: 12
    Whats up, figured id stop lurking around and actually post. Im heading up to SB along with Link
    Been a while, I've got an update for you all about doing a tourney here in Dub-Town. As far as a date, the people over at the venue are leaning towards a date in mid January. I'm fine with this but I was wondering if anyone here had a preference for a later date like sometime in the spring (April or so) like we've done in the past. As far as tourney fees, the guys want to do a venue fee of $10 with $5 being the fee for each game. Does this seem reasonable? I forget. Even with the tournaments I've been to I can't remember what's right or not.

Thinking about what games to run; Super 4, T6 and 3rd Strike are definites. Tell me what else you want.
    Sounds good. Where's the venue and what's it like?

Whats up, figured id stop lurking around and actually post. Im heading up to SB along with Link
    Have you guys already registered and reserved a hotel?
  • QuadcoreQuadcore EtherLord Joined: Posts: 12
    Yeah we registered and have a reservation at the red roof inn
  • Blank MauserBlank Mauser Joined: Posts: 94
    Hey Tekken Tag Tournament 2: - [TGS 2010

Only Tekken I could play for more then an hour.

Also GG SBO top 4 up on youtube: YouTube - l4zz3's Channel

Some pretty clutch grand finals.
    GG grand finals were pretty neat.

I also watched BB grand finals, and I was shocked to see a tao win the last match against a bang.

Saw a bit of the KOFXIII semis too, and there was K' on every single team I swear.
    My Xbox just RROD'd again.

Heh.

Heh.

Heh.

Heh.

:shake::shake::shake::shake::shake::shake::shake::shake::shake::shake::shake::shake::shake::shake::shake::shake::shake::shake::shake::shake::shake::shake::shake::shake::shake::shake::shake::shake::shake::shake::shake::shake::shake::shake::shake::shake::shake::shake::shake::shake::shake::shake::shake::shake::shake::shake::shake::shake::shake::shake::shake::shake::shake::shake::shake::shake::shake::shake::shake::shake::shake::shake::shake::shake::shake::shake::shake::shake::shake::shake::shake::shake::shake::shake::shake::shake::shake::shake::shake::shake::shake::shake::shake::shake::shake::shake::shake::shake::shake::shake::shake::shake::shake::shake::shake::shake:
    My Xbox just RROD'd again.

Heh.

Heh.

Heh.

Heh.

:shake::shake::shake::shake::shake::shake::shake::shake::shake::shake::shake::shake::shake::shake::shake::shake::shake::shake::shake::shake::shake::shake::shake::shake::shake::shake::shake::shake::shake::shake::shake::shake::shake::shake::shake::shake::shake::shake::shake::shake::shake::shake::shake::shake::shake::shake::shake::shake::shake::shake::shake::shake::shake::shake::shake::shake::shake::shake::shake::shake::shake::shake::shake::shake::shake::shake::shake::shake::shake::shake::shake::shake::shake::shake::shake::shake::shake::shake::shake::shake::shake::shake::shake::shake::shake::shake::shake::shake::shake::shake::shake::shake::shake::shake::shake::shake:

Well I just got mine back, I can 1v1 someone if they want this evening in a game of fighting street.
    no one cares syxx

www.dontblowthis.com
    Grog, I thought you didn't play on XboxLIVE? :P

GGPO seems pretty sweet, but I am just so terrible at ST :\
    Grog, I thought you didn't play on XboxLIVE? :P

GGPO seems pretty sweet, but I am just so terrible at ST :\

Yeah I don't normally, and if I do it's gotta be one on one since my connection can't handle more than that.

Also GGPO is more than ST, every game on the left is playable.
    no one cares syxx

www.dontblowthis.com
  • Latino_LinkLatino_Link Joined: Posts: 145
    GG grand finals were pretty neat.

I also watched BB grand finals, and I was shocked to see a tao win the last match against a bang.

Saw a bit of the KOFXIII semis too, and there was K' on every single team I swear.

thats cause K' is like a pimp with that suit of his attracts all the ladies but he doesn't care as long as he is a douche bag and fights like a douche bag well i guess ppl choose him for the first thing i said... the looks.
    Now having semi-regular Thursday casuals in Ames. Full address is: 3022 Wessex Drive Ames, IA 50014. You take the second right after entering the complex. Show up anytime after 6 pm. I'll try to keep first post updated if it's not going to be held that week.

How late does this go?
    There isn't really a set time, but I'm told at least into the AM hours. We haven't actually held anything there yet so we'll see how things play out.
  • ~Love~~Love~ Asian Guy! Joined: Posts: 41
    If Curtis and Zach need a ride to Ames, meet at my house tomorrow around 5:00 and I can take you up. Do you guys need to be home a certain time?
    Well, I'm glad people are actually planning on coming to this and hopefully we can get enough setups dedicated to non smash games--I'm hoping at least three.

Yes, Greg they do need to get back at a semi-reasonable time but I'm not sure specifically.
  • EvilZangiefEvilZangief Cheese handle. Joined: Posts: 56
    Like the man said, I would like to be back before it gets ridiculously late, But I certainly don't want to limit the amount of time you want to spend there.
    I'll also need your address.
    So I take it no one has any issues with doing a tourney in January. No prob. Anyway, the venue will be the Five Flags Center in Dubuque. The space they showed me for holding the tourney looked a little cramped, but I'm sure they'll make it bigger once they realize how many people might show up.

By the way, I'm thinking of adding a $1 mystery tourney to the event, I've got some good ideas about what game(s) to force people to play. Mike, if you're reading this, I might need your help with a CERTAIN game (nudge nudge, wink wink).
    Wow that venue looks amazing. What part of it are we going to be in? I'm guessing the "Arena" because of all the open space. Whenever you get details worked out for the tourney/post the thread, we should try to promote it hardcore and get more out of staters interested in going.
    Now you all know the story behind my avatar and the countless hours I've spent playing a multiplayer puzzle game featuring space mice and cats.

GGs to all. Glad to see so many of you there. Sorry I didn't get to play you guys as much as I wanted, but that's how our meetups tend to be-- lots of games and few setups. ;O

EDIT: Yeah after testing it out, I've found the peculiar hiccup in my stick that caused all those disconnects. It seems whenever you hold any diagonal direction (1,3,7,9) and either the LB and LT buttons (the ones I don't even use) and release-- the controller disconnects briefly, but as you saw, it comes right back. Any thoughts before I go to tech talk? I mean- to me this isn't a big deal. If you're not hitting those buttons there isn't a problem, but it seems if others want to use it, yeeeaaahhh.
    Wow that venue looks amazing. What part of it are we going to be in? I'm guessing the "Arena" because of all the open space. Whenever you get details worked out for the tourney/post the thread, we should try to promote it hardcore and get more out of staters interested in going.

Basically they told me the arena area, but they want to block most of it off and form a smaller area for us. Might be alright, but I'm wondering what would happen if we get more than total capacity for this area, not that they couldn't expand, but would they be able to move the set-ups into the larger area, know what I mean?

And you bet I want to promote this thing, once we figure out an exact date, I'm posting on SRK and letting everyone in the midwest know.
    Well literally a week after getting my Xbox back it's red ringed on me.
    no one cares syxx

www.dontblowthis.com
    Charlie: Master of electronics destruction.
    Quick note: my bad on hogging up the IRC channel. I just expect my shitty internets to boot me after time, apparently they are less shitty so i will make a point to not idle in the chat when i pass out in a drunken haze. My apologies for any inconvienence everyone.

and now....to pass out in a drunken haze!
    No one cares Syxx.
    It's not a big deal if you idle, it's just that when you are on for days at a time and no one has OP it makes it hard to get it back.
  • VamperialVamperial Joined: Posts: 25
    And yet again I am back after a few weeks with no internet. In other news, I'm finally important enough at my job to have weekends off, so I'll be free on Saturdays and Sundays starting Oct. 16th.
  • VamperialVamperial Joined: Posts: 25
    In regards to the BB:CS finals though. To me it isn't as much a surprise that a Taokaka won as much as the fact that the Taokaka player ran the entire match and made the Bang look like a scrub.
  • BobSmackBobSmack BV CTO / FR Administrator Joined: Posts: 2,519 mod
    Spamming tourney! Spamming tourney!

Kansas City - Final Round 14 Midwest Qualifier - Dec. 18, 2010 SSF4, T6, BB:CS, MB:AA

(EMS) AND THE KC MAXOUT CREW PROUDLY PRESENT:

Final Round XIV Midwest Qualifier

December 18, 2010
    Collector's Cache
    13354 College Boulevard, Lenexa, KS 66210
    Tel: (913) 338-2273
    Registration Begins At: 10:00 AM
    Tournaments Begin At: 12:00 Noon

Qualifiers:
    Super Street Fighter 4 - PS3
    Tekken 6 - PS3
    BlazBlue: Continuum Shift - PS3
    Melty Blood: Actress Again - PS2

Special Side Event:
    Street Fighter II' Turbo Hyper Fighting - Arcade

More details here:
    FinalRound.org - Home of the largest fighting game tournament in the Southeast!
    Amazon.com: Wii Tatsunoko vs. Capcom Arcade FightStick: Video Games

Pretty good deal for anyone who doesn't have one and wants it.
    no one cares syxx

www.dontblowthis.com