Iowa: Maize of Defeat

Comments

• Bach741Bach741 Joined: Posts: 77
    Nice - new thread. :) I think a friend of mine (should be here under 'Papa Phewpills') and I posted in the old one. We're in Cedar Rapids, and willing to travel for some casual games. We might even be able to host here in CR, depending on how many interested parties there are. We pretty much just play SSF4 at the moment, but plan on getting MK and MvC3 next year.
  • ngamer3kngamer3k Ground-Type Joined: Posts: 355
    I would love it if you guys hosted some time.
    [23:18] <emotuba> I CHOOSE MY NGAMER
    [23:18] <emotuba> my shiny blake
    [23:18] <Top_hat> NGAMER USED SILENCE
    [23:18] <Top_hat> IT'S SUPER EFFECTIVE
    http://ngamer3k-stocktank.blogspot.com/
  • LUCYM0N0LUCYM0N0 iowa brosef Joined: Posts: 82
    Well literally a week after getting my Xbox back it's red ringed on me.

Goddamn. Xboxes red-ringing all over the place.

I just shipped mine in for repairs... planning on bitching at them good to see if they'll give me a newer model that's less likely to RRoD.

Surely by now, they must have fixed the design fault in SOME edition of Xbox... right? Right?
  • KamigKamig BERSERKER FUCKING SLASH! Joined: Posts: 108
    Soooo..I see charlie is going to that Halo/MW2/SSF4 tourney.
    Every mushroom cloud has a silver lining.
    "One button, one million overheads!" - Ngamer3k on Yatterman 2
  • GrogGrog discombobulatingly Joined: Posts: 3,617
    Not 100%, only on Facebook did I sign up. What concerns me is that on the registration site it still has the max amount of tickets for the other two games and SF4 is at 127 tickets left instead of 128...... so yeah......
    no one cares syxx

www.dontblowthis.com
  • KlaigeKlaige Warren Sapporris! Joined: Posts: 962
    any tourney associated with facebook is tourney made of fagsauce. Also i like whiskey...and boobs... and whiskey soaked boobs. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    No one cares Syxx.
  • MURPHAGATOR!MURPHAGATOR! Go! Go! Zeppeli! Joined: Posts: 676
    So we just had some Russian guy join the IRC channel (legit, I checked his IP) and ask us if we smoked weed. Good times.
    So we just had some Russian guy join the IRC channel (legit, I checked his IP) and ask us if we smoked weed. Good times.

I am truly sad i was not there. Whiskey soaked Iowan Vs. Russian Pothead.

Round 1.
    FIGHT!
    No one cares Syxx.
  • Latino_LinkLatino_Link Joined: Posts: 145
    i missed this.... fucking work O_o oh well.
  • ~Love~~Love~ Asian Guy! Joined: Posts: 41
    Games in Ames again this Thursday guys.
    Games in Ames again this Thursday guys.

i have work this time around >_>
  • ~Love~~Love~ Asian Guy! Joined: Posts: 41
    Day change because someone reserved it for Thursday. Games will now be on Wednesday.
    So how much are you guys playing super? I'm strongly considering picking it up if the arcade version gets patched in. I've always liked Yang as a character and if he's halfway decent i'll most definitely give playing him in 4 a shot.
    No one cares Syxx.
  • doragonkoroshidoragonkoroshi Joined: Posts: 1,225
    Klaige, are you coming to SB? Do you know any other GG players who may come? I'm trying to look at maybe getting 23 on 23 together. No Anji's have RSVP'd yet.
    "My first girlfriend turned into the moon."
    "...That's rough, buddy."
  • senzaibeast12senzaibeast12 Joined: Posts: 2
    uiowa/iowa city scene?

Hey im a new student at uiowa and want to know about the scene here in iowa city. I am a scrub low on cash, no car, and without street fighter, waiting for amazon sale of hori fightstick 3. I would get ggpo and stuff but network is monitered/limited so no big downloads
  • KempsKemps Joined: Posts: 15
    Hey im a new student at uiowa and want to know about the scene here in iowa city. I am a scrub low on cash, no car, and without street fighter, waiting for amazon sale of hori fightstick 3. I would get ggpo and stuff but network is monitered/limited so no big downloads

There's a few of us here in IC. What do you play?
  • senzaibeast12senzaibeast12 Joined: Posts: 2
    I got into fighting games through sf4/super over PSN, and I want to try going a bit deeper into it if I can balance with college. I'd like to try third strike if I could get my hands on it, I only just found out about ggpo after I got here. I played mvc2 for about a week before coming to IC....
    Klaige, are you coming to SB? Do you know any other GG players who may come? I'm trying to look at maybe getting 23 on 23 together. No Anji's have RSVP'd yet.

Unfortunately i just can't make it this year. Too far and not enough cash. So yea sorry i can't participate. Wish i could.
    No one cares Syxx.
  • MURPHAGATOR!MURPHAGATOR! Go! Go! Zeppeli! Joined: Posts: 676
    Guess how I wasted my night.

• Dracula_XDracula_X unblockable Joined: Posts: 900
    So Bosselman Travel Center in Altoona has a MK1 cab. Controls and stick on it are suprisingly good still. Good times.
    Time lost can never be retrieved.
    Guess how I wasted my night.

time well spent i loled so much
  • zeroxerozerozeroxerozero trollolololololol Joined: Posts: 159
    I am in Cedar Rapids. I can play ssf4, but I am not good at the game. Primarily we are a soul calibur/Tekken group. We are going to be getting up on he MVC3 for sure. If you want, you send me a message or facebook me at Login | Facebook just include in the message you are from SRK so I dont ignore you, and we get play some games!
    AKA Funked

NO ONE CARES SYXX
  • melkoremelkore Joined: Posts: 13
    I haven't been on here in awhile but it looks like that game night at Jay's CD and Hobby never came through?

That's pretty awesome that games are going on in Ames now that I'm moving up there at the end of the month. After I move up there we can have games at my place too for an alternate location. Lots of floor space on the main floor and we have 2 HD tv's with PS3's and 360's on each.
  • EvilZangiefEvilZangief Cheese handle. Joined: Posts: 56
    Jay doesn't move into his new building until next month, and then we can begin negotiations. But don't hold your breath.
  • LUCYM0N0LUCYM0N0 iowa brosef Joined: Posts: 82
    I should be getting my 360 back this afternoon. :looney:
  • Blank MauserBlank Mauser Joined: Posts: 94
    I won't be in Ames for games today, for anyone that cares. *coughsamcough*

Gunna catch up on some much needed sleep after two restless nights without it.
  • melkoremelkore Joined: Posts: 13
    I finally got a new receiver so I can hear my games again without sound dropping out. So pumped!
    This thread needs more Season's Beatings stories.

GO!
    This thread needs more Season's Beatings stories.

GO!

Ok I might as well break it out I went 2-2 in my pool i felt a lil upset from the first match against some very scrubby viper play but you know what it wasn't that at all i started to beat myself up for the fact that in that game alone I wasn't executing right. After wards got my money match with that kid and the Sim player who knock me out beat them both felt better from that had a great time hanging out with the Canadians. Raising Cane's best chicken out i don't care who say's otherwise that chicken and sauce was godlike. Quadcore got pool fucked and got DQ the first match because it was assume that he was in another pool and he was going to be DQ from the second match but i called him up told him his pool had started ran back he lost to a pretty good Rufus(this kid OCV team canada in the SSFIV team tourny). Kemps was doing pretty well until he went against Santhrax and I felt and he told me he didn't really know the Sagat match up for Boxer. I did a MM on Daigo lost $20. I won one game on him, this was due for the fact that he just woke up on his power nap he pretty much downloaded me for the next two games. All in all I like the food enjoyed money matches, I enjoy side bets, and I extremly enjoyed Raising Cane's Chicken its like fucking crack. If i can find a way to inject the sauce into my blood stream I will die a happy man.
    <3 Raising Cane's
    Yea im getting tired of sitting on my ass. Time to get amped up and make 2k11 year of the tourney again. I want to get out again and start putting a boot in people's asses. Too many old friends and good times I've missed this year by not hitting anything.
    No one cares Syxx.
    Caine's is just too good.
    no one cares syxx

www.dontblowthis.com
  • KempsKemps Joined: Posts: 15
    I went with Link and Quad and it was a great trip. My record was 3-2. I beat a Sakura player, then my second match was with Sanford. Yeah, his Sagat kicked my ass. I also played a casual with Juicebox and that went even worse. I tried not to get hit by a super or ultra, but he got one in the final round. So I saw his little dance right up close. Hilarious guy. We later saw Starnab at a room playing MMs with some drunk Canadians. I think he made $200+. Someone also had a 3S casual going on the floor below, and they had an actual arcade cabinet. Cane's and bubble tea was awesome. Wish I bought several Caniac combos so I could have one today.
    I went with Link and Quad and it was a great trip. My record was 3-2. I beat a Sakura player, then my second match was with Sanford. Yeah, his Sagat kicked my ass. I also played a casual with Juicebox and that went even worse. I tried not to get hit by a super or ultra, but he got one in the final round. So I saw his little dance right up close. Hilarious guy. We later saw Starnab at a room playing MMs with some drunk Canadians. I think he made $200+. Someone also had a 3S casual going on the floor below, and they had an actual arcade cabinet. Cane's and bubble tea was awesome. Wish I bought several Caniac combos so I could have one today.
    "SEEYA" thats how juicebox sound like he said when he lands a super. Btw the Canadians we are referring to are the ones from Toronto they are in the front page right now. Great bunch of guys.
  • GriffD17GriffD17 Nub Scrub Joined: Posts: 37
    Season's Beatings story:

I suck at Street Fighter. 0-2. I was with my girlfriend and didn't know people so I pretty much didn't do whole lot besides just watch people and hang with my lady friend and watch the stream. Heh.
    Season's Beatings story:

I suck at Street Fighter. 0-2. I was with my girlfriend and didn't know people so I pretty much didn't do whole lot besides just watch people and hang with my lady friend and watch the stream. Heh.

well now im wonder how much more iowa players were there....
    Just four of you. Latino, Quad, Kemps, GriffD.
  • BobSmackBobSmack BV CTO / FR Administrator Joined: Posts: 2,519 mod
    FOR GREAT JUSTICE!!! Only two months away so make your travel plans now!

Kansas City
    Final Round XIV Midwest Qualifier Tournament

December 18, 2010
    Collector's Cache
    13354 College Boulevard, Lenexa, KS 66210

SRK Info Thread:
    http://shoryuken.com/f7/kansas-city-final-round-14-midwest-qualifier-dec-18-2010-ssf4-t6-bb-cs-mb-aa-251795/

More info:
    FinalRound.org - Home of the largest fighting game tournament in the Southeast!
  • pbj_mixxapbj_mixxa DON'T FUCK WITH FIYAH! Joined: Posts: 352
    Anything happening today or can I catch up on some sleep?!
    Arcades in jp are like bars in US.

FUCK ATLUS AND FUCK P4U!
  • Bach741Bach741 Joined: Posts: 77
    Season's Beatings story:

I feel ya. I know I'm going to be placing low when I start getting to a few of these tourneys... I'm really just want to be there to support the scene. And I'm not saying getting beat down by fresh faces is a bad thing, either. :wgrin:
    Just got word from Blank, he won't be there today Sam. Get some sleep or whatever.
  • DTJBDTJB Lazy Man's Artist Joined: Posts: 1,278
    Update to the tourney situation here in Dubuque. The people who are planning to help run this at the venue have told me that they are pretty busy at the moment with running other events and won't be able to get to the tourney for a while. In other words, January is a no go right now. As far as an actual date, nothing is definite, but they are looking at April or May at the earliest. So it looks like we'll have to cool our jets for now before anything happens. While we wait, PM me with ideas for mystery tourney games. I got 3 good ones I want to use from my own collection, let me hear what you want.
    Working hard to get noticed.
    Put something in the music threads, good chance I'll like it.
    3S: Makoto - KOF13: Terry/Shen/Kula - USF4: Adon - VS: Felicia - SFV: (casual) R. Mika
    FOR GREAT JUSTICE!!! Only two months away so make your travel plans now!

Kansas City
    Final Round XIV Midwest Qualifier Tournament

December 18, 2010
    Collector's Cache
    13354 College Boulevard, Lenexa, KS 66210

SRK Info Thread:
    http://shoryuken.com/f7/kansas-city-final-round-14-midwest-qualifier-dec-18-2010-ssf4-t6-bb-cs-mb-aa-251795/

More info:
    FinalRound.org - Home of the largest fighting game tournament in the Southeast!

well at least we have time i think im game for going there
    HDR got added so I'm def going to try to go.
    no one cares syxx

www.dontblowthis.com
  • GrotsnikGrotsnik Joined: Posts: 13
    Is there any Street Fighter 4 scene in Cedar Rapids whatsoever. I can't seem to find anyone who plays. It's all Tekken and Soul Calibur around here.
    It's basically all centrally located in Des Moines. I live in Marion for right now, and there are a few others in the eastern part of the state, but to answer your question- not really.

Also, Soul Calibur has a scene? Since when?
    It's basically all centrally located in Des Moines. I live in Marion for right now, and there are a few others in the eastern part of the state, but to answer your question- not really.

Also, Soul Calibur has a scene? Since when?
    i thought that scene died when Timeout sold the SC2 cabinet (this was a couple years back). The problem with iowa we are scattered around and it is hard to convert ppl to play Fighters since more ppl are incline of going easy mode and playing a shooter.
  • KamigKamig BERSERKER FUCKING SLASH! Joined: Posts: 108
    A fellow Iowan made it on The excellent adventures of gootecks and mike ross:
    Every mushroom cloud has a silver lining.
    "One button, one million overheads!" - Ngamer3k on Yatterman 2
    In my defense, I was playing Mike "Mike Ross" Ross.

Also, the Ames clubhouse is reserved for Thursday.