Iowa: Maize of Defeat

Comments

• DTJBDTJB Lazy Man's Artist Joined: Posts: 1,282
    Wow that venue looks amazing. What part of it are we going to be in? I'm guessing the "Arena" because of all the open space. Whenever you get details worked out for the tourney/post the thread, we should try to promote it hardcore and get more out of staters interested in going.

Basically they told me the arena area, but they want to block most of it off and form a smaller area for us. Might be alright, but I'm wondering what would happen if we get more than total capacity for this area, not that they couldn't expand, but would they be able to move the set-ups into the larger area, know what I mean?

And you bet I want to promote this thing, once we figure out an exact date, I'm posting on SRK and letting everyone in the midwest know.
    Working hard to get noticed.
    Put something in the music threads, good chance I'll like it.
    3S: Makoto - KOF13: Terry/Shen/Kula - USF4: Adon - VS: Felicia
  • GrogGrog discombobulatingly Joined: Posts: 3,617
    Well literally a week after getting my Xbox back it's red ringed on me.
    no one cares syxx

www.dontblowthis.com
  • MURPHAGATOR!MURPHAGATOR! Go! Go! Zeppeli! Joined: Posts: 676
    Charlie: Master of electronics destruction.
  • KlaigeKlaige Warren Sapporris! Joined: Posts: 962
    Quick note: my bad on hogging up the IRC channel. I just expect my shitty internets to boot me after time, apparently they are less shitty so i will make a point to not idle in the chat when i pass out in a drunken haze. My apologies for any inconvienence everyone.

and now....to pass out in a drunken haze!
    No one cares Syxx.
    It's not a big deal if you idle, it's just that when you are on for days at a time and no one has OP it makes it hard to get it back.
  • VamperialVamperial Joined: Posts: 25
    And yet again I am back after a few weeks with no internet. In other news, I'm finally important enough at my job to have weekends off, so I'll be free on Saturdays and Sundays starting Oct. 16th.
  • VamperialVamperial Joined: Posts: 25
    In regards to the BB:CS finals though. To me it isn't as much a surprise that a Taokaka won as much as the fact that the Taokaka player ran the entire match and made the Bang look like a scrub.
  • BobSmackBobSmack BV CTO / FR Administrator Joined: Posts: 2,519 mod
    Spamming tourney! Spamming tourney!

Kansas City - Final Round 14 Midwest Qualifier - Dec. 18, 2010 SSF4, T6, BB:CS, MB:AA

(EMS) AND THE KC MAXOUT CREW PROUDLY PRESENT:

Final Round XIV Midwest Qualifier

December 18, 2010
    Collector's Cache
    13354 College Boulevard, Lenexa, KS 66210
    Tel: (913) 338-2273
    Registration Begins At: 10:00 AM
    Tournaments Begin At: 12:00 Noon

Qualifiers:
    Super Street Fighter 4 - PS3
    Tekken 6 - PS3
    BlazBlue: Continuum Shift - PS3
    Melty Blood: Actress Again - PS2

Special Side Event:
    Street Fighter II' Turbo Hyper Fighting - Arcade

More details here:
    FinalRound.org - Home of the largest fighting game tournament in the Southeast!
    Amazon.com: Wii Tatsunoko vs. Capcom Arcade FightStick: Video Games

Pretty good deal for anyone who doesn't have one and wants it.
    no one cares syxx

www.dontblowthis.com
  • Bach741Bach741 Joined: Posts: 77
    Nice - new thread. :) I think a friend of mine (should be here under 'Papa Phewpills') and I posted in the old one. We're in Cedar Rapids, and willing to travel for some casual games. We might even be able to host here in CR, depending on how many interested parties there are. We pretty much just play SSF4 at the moment, but plan on getting MK and MvC3 next year.
  • ngamer3kngamer3k Ground-Type Joined: Posts: 355
    I would love it if you guys hosted some time.
    [23:18] <emotuba> I CHOOSE MY NGAMER
    [23:18] <emotuba> my shiny blake
    [23:18] <Top_hat> NGAMER USED SILENCE
    [23:18] <Top_hat> IT'S SUPER EFFECTIVE
    http://ngamer3k-stocktank.blogspot.com/
  • LUCYM0N0LUCYM0N0 iowa brosef Joined: Posts: 82
    Well literally a week after getting my Xbox back it's red ringed on me.

Goddamn. Xboxes red-ringing all over the place.

I just shipped mine in for repairs... planning on bitching at them good to see if they'll give me a newer model that's less likely to RRoD.

Surely by now, they must have fixed the design fault in SOME edition of Xbox... right? Right?
  • KamigKamig BERSERKER FUCKING SLASH! Joined: Posts: 108
    Soooo..I see charlie is going to that Halo/MW2/SSF4 tourney.
    Every mushroom cloud has a silver lining.
    "One button, one million overheads!" - Ngamer3k on Yatterman 2
    Not 100%, only on Facebook did I sign up. What concerns me is that on the registration site it still has the max amount of tickets for the other two games and SF4 is at 127 tickets left instead of 128...... so yeah......
    no one cares syxx

www.dontblowthis.com
    any tourney associated with facebook is tourney made of fagsauce. Also i like whiskey...and boobs... and whiskey soaked boobs. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    No one cares Syxx.
    So we just had some Russian guy join the IRC channel (legit, I checked his IP) and ask us if we smoked weed. Good times.
    So we just had some Russian guy join the IRC channel (legit, I checked his IP) and ask us if we smoked weed. Good times.

I am truly sad i was not there. Whiskey soaked Iowan Vs. Russian Pothead.

Round 1.
    FIGHT!
    No one cares Syxx.
  • Latino_LinkLatino_Link Joined: Posts: 145
    i missed this.... fucking work O_o oh well.
  • ~Love~~Love~ Asian Guy! Joined: Posts: 41
    Games in Ames again this Thursday guys.
    Games in Ames again this Thursday guys.

i have work this time around >_>
  • ~Love~~Love~ Asian Guy! Joined: Posts: 41
    Day change because someone reserved it for Thursday. Games will now be on Wednesday.
    So how much are you guys playing super? I'm strongly considering picking it up if the arcade version gets patched in. I've always liked Yang as a character and if he's halfway decent i'll most definitely give playing him in 4 a shot.
    No one cares Syxx.
  • doragonkoroshidoragonkoroshi Joined: Posts: 1,225
    Klaige, are you coming to SB? Do you know any other GG players who may come? I'm trying to look at maybe getting 23 on 23 together. No Anji's have RSVP'd yet.
    "My first girlfriend turned into the moon."
    "...That's rough, buddy."
  • senzaibeast12senzaibeast12 Joined: Posts: 2
    uiowa/iowa city scene?

Hey im a new student at uiowa and want to know about the scene here in iowa city. I am a scrub low on cash, no car, and without street fighter, waiting for amazon sale of hori fightstick 3. I would get ggpo and stuff but network is monitered/limited so no big downloads
  • KempsKemps Joined: Posts: 15
    Hey im a new student at uiowa and want to know about the scene here in iowa city. I am a scrub low on cash, no car, and without street fighter, waiting for amazon sale of hori fightstick 3. I would get ggpo and stuff but network is monitered/limited so no big downloads

There's a few of us here in IC. What do you play?
  • senzaibeast12senzaibeast12 Joined: Posts: 2
    I got into fighting games through sf4/super over PSN, and I want to try going a bit deeper into it if I can balance with college. I'd like to try third strike if I could get my hands on it, I only just found out about ggpo after I got here. I played mvc2 for about a week before coming to IC....
    Klaige, are you coming to SB? Do you know any other GG players who may come? I'm trying to look at maybe getting 23 on 23 together. No Anji's have RSVP'd yet.

Unfortunately i just can't make it this year. Too far and not enough cash. So yea sorry i can't participate. Wish i could.
    No one cares Syxx.
    Guess how I wasted my night.

• Dracula_XDracula_X unblockable Joined: Posts: 912
    So Bosselman Travel Center in Altoona has a MK1 cab. Controls and stick on it are suprisingly good still. Good times.
    Time lost can never be retrieved.
    Guess how I wasted my night.

time well spent i loled so much
  • zeroxerozerozeroxerozero trollolololololol Joined: Posts: 159
    I am in Cedar Rapids. I can play ssf4, but I am not good at the game. Primarily we are a soul calibur/Tekken group. We are going to be getting up on he MVC3 for sure. If you want, you send me a message or facebook me at Login | Facebook just include in the message you are from SRK so I dont ignore you, and we get play some games!
    AKA Funked

NO ONE CARES SYXX
  • melkoremelkore Joined: Posts: 13
    I haven't been on here in awhile but it looks like that game night at Jay's CD and Hobby never came through?

That's pretty awesome that games are going on in Ames now that I'm moving up there at the end of the month. After I move up there we can have games at my place too for an alternate location. Lots of floor space on the main floor and we have 2 HD tv's with PS3's and 360's on each.
  • EvilZangiefEvilZangief Cheese handle. Joined: Posts: 56
    Jay doesn't move into his new building until next month, and then we can begin negotiations. But don't hold your breath.
  • LUCYM0N0LUCYM0N0 iowa brosef Joined: Posts: 82
    I should be getting my 360 back this afternoon. :looney:
  • Blank MauserBlank Mauser Joined: Posts: 94
    I won't be in Ames for games today, for anyone that cares. *coughsamcough*

Gunna catch up on some much needed sleep after two restless nights without it.
  • melkoremelkore Joined: Posts: 13
    I finally got a new receiver so I can hear my games again without sound dropping out. So pumped!
  • ngamer3kngamer3k Ground-Type Joined: Posts: 355
    This thread needs more Season's Beatings stories.

GO!
    [23:18] <emotuba> I CHOOSE MY NGAMER
    [23:18] <emotuba> my shiny blake
    [23:18] <Top_hat> NGAMER USED SILENCE
    [23:18] <Top_hat> IT'S SUPER EFFECTIVE
    http://ngamer3k-stocktank.blogspot.com/