Iowa: Maize of Defeat

Comments

• Name v.5.0Name v.5.0 Joined: Posts: 124
    Welp, I'm gonna get boned hard in SC5 this weekend. Raph sucked some serious nerf off Namco's cock. Best move he had is now worthless. No more BnB shit...How do they take an already low tier character and decide to make him lower tier?
  • Latino_LinkLatino_Link Joined: Posts: 145
    Oh, which reminds me: Monthly is this Saturday. Shouldn't be nearly as crowded this time around as last time. Hopefully everyone can make it.

Also, question to the nerds out there: I love my emulators, but I like playing on a pad if I can. I recently updated my OS to Windows 7 and none of my converters work with it. Suggestions on replacements?
    well isn't there any drivers that you can install
    also @Name v.5.0 bro i guess you are at that point either drop the character or prove the world Ralph isn't booty sweat.

also @Lazy Alchemist yooooooo you are far away from people.
    I'm sure I will drop him. Just wish I had another character up to snuff for tourney time.
    Dont suppose anyone is up for some MK9 tomorrow? I think there'll be at least 3 playing. It can be a free tourney. I dont care, I just miss playing it.
    well if its a free tournament i guess i could dabble my hands a bit but be warn its going to be like a monkey on crack bad.
  • Figgy346Figgy346 Joined: Posts: 63
    I could try to play MK9 one handed!
  • Lazy_AlchemistLazy_Alchemist Joined: Posts: 102
    also @Lazy Alchemist yooooooo you are far away from people.
    Yeah, I know. :(

It also doesn't help that I don't drive, otherwise occasional trips to Aimes wouldn't be too bad.
    well if its a free tournament i guess i could dabble my hands a bit but be warn its going to be like a monkey on crack bad.

Yeah I havent played in months and months. Maybe that'll be half the fun. I'm sure Scott will play if it's free. That would make 4 of us. Another 2-4 people and we got a tournament!
  • HogoshaHogosha SHUT UP AND TAKE MY GEMS. Joined: Posts: 1,217
    I'll play MK if it's free. Maybe I'll learn Jade tonight for the occasion. If that doesn't work, someone can teach me how to throw fans. I'm sure that'll be enough to get a win somewhere.
  • Carbin2012Carbin2012 Joined: Posts: 10
    As a resident of Sac City, IA, I'm sad I didn't find this thread earlier.

I'm also from Sac City, IA ^_^
    I'm also from Sac City, IA ^_^
    Is that near Balltown, Iowa? That town's just a hair away from Dickeyville, WI.

A little over 200 miles away lol
  • ngamer3kngamer3k Ground-Type Joined: Posts: 355
    Can't tell if trolling.
    [23:18] <emotuba> I CHOOSE MY NGAMER
    [23:18] <emotuba> my shiny blake
    [23:18] <Top_hat> NGAMER USED SILENCE
    [23:18] <Top_hat> IT'S SUPER EFFECTIVE
    http://ngamer3k-stocktank.blogspot.com/
    Can't tell if trolling.
    Mapquest 'em. Balltown and Dickeyville are like less than 30 miles apart. I can't make this shit up. :P
  • GrogGrog discombobulatingly Joined: Posts: 3,617

Mike's got his head on in this thread. People who live in Sac got the shaft though...
    no one cares syxx

www.dontblowthis.com
    People who live in Sac got the shaft though...
    Dude, don't be a dick about Sac City. I'm sure a lot of people would agree that the town isn't ass.
    Oh man. It usually takes people a bit to start dicking around with the name, but when they do come, they don't last long.
    Can't believe we've tainted this thread so badly.
    So Iowa's not too into Street Fighter x Tekken, eh? There's a few things I don't like, but I do love the core of the game.
    but I do love the core of the game.
    Now that's the line, back to dick jokes.
    no one cares syxx

www.dontblowthis.com
    That bad, eh?

I guess it doesn't really matter to me. I still love SSFIV. I just like the juggle-oriented combos in SFxT and its cast.

I suppose I should also say I love Marvel too. I'm just even worse at that game than I am with the games that I tend to focus more on.
    so thats a possible 5 for mk9. i really think we should do it even if it has to be round robin. hopefully more people will play at the venue. its not like they all read these forums.
    I love SFxTK. First fighting game i have played since SF2.
    I love SFxTK. First fighting game i have played since SF2.
    You're from Sac City? Is that where you are now?
    You're from Sac City? Is that where you are now?

Yes. And yes.
    Do you ever go to the Villager? I'm the ridiculously tall waiter there.
    so thats a possible 5 for mk9. i really think we should do it even if it has to be round robin. hopefully more people will play at the venue. its not like they all read these forums.
    I downloaded the full game trial on PSN and practiced Jade for like 45 minutes. JUST FOR YOU. :P
    Do you ever go to the Villager? I'm the ridiculously tall waiter there.

I may have seen you there before. I don't go there often.
    We should hit each other up some time. I could use a training partner and I'm really not hard to find.
    Sure thing, just send me a message or something.
  • XiangXiang The Old Man Joined: Posts: 594
    One of the SC guys coming from work also plays MK, so that's 6. I'm sure he'd play. And, if you have a setup, feel free to bring it. We'll make room for it and put it to good use. :)
    well isn't there any drivers that you can install

Nope. All the ones I have were the generic $5 shits you can buy on eBay. Vista is the highest driver they go; no 7 support. BUT, I was more curious if anyone had any good recommendations that wouldn't break the bank.
    always get those etokki converters http://etokki.com/Xbox360/Xtokki360 (this one is Ps2 though)
    I've always used a "Super Joy Box 3 Pro" and it worked no problem when I got 7.
    no one cares syxx

www.dontblowthis.com
    Good gaming everyone....I hate Wesker. That is all.
    Oddly enough, the PS-to-XBOX360/PS3 converter worked on the PC... although I still can't get it to work for the XBOX. :/ Oh well, at least I can play muh Nintenduhr.

Also, been a long night so I'll have full results up tomorrow for the tourny today. As always, thanks everyone for coming out. I KNOW we're missing people and we still got about 20 total entrants, so get on everyone's ass to show up. That is all. :)
    Here's yesterday's results:

http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/iowa-monthly-3-24.157384/

...and, I forgot Gary's s/n. If someone could remind me what his s/n is, I'll update it. :)
  • ddrtddrt whoooaaaaaaaaaaa! Joined: Posts: 74
    This weekend I went and visited a few people in Waterloo. I took the time to check out the arcade and kinda run a little bit of a census of the games.

List of games at Tilt: Guilty Gear xx (2 machines) Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 (2 machines) Tekken 5 (two machines one broken card reader, one out of cards left side kick button is only button that works) Soul Calibur 2 (2 machines, guard does not work, only allows 1p at a time) Project Justice (rival schools game 1 machine) SNK v Capcom (1 machine)
    Also, there were three other fighters I didn't get a chance to try out.
    Great selection however none of them work or not to their full ability. In the age where arcades are dying why do we have it so that they are set up to fail? I usually don't care about spending money, I'll throw away a few hundred on shirts, but I spent $10 in that arcade and felt like it was $1,000 because every machine had a problem. However, it wasn't just the fighters. the only working games, surprisingly, were racing games. If you could find a slot to put your tilt card in that worked that is. Also three out of the four skee-ball machines (arguably one of the simplest machines there) were broken or malfunctioning in an obvious way. That arcade is dying, you can tell they don't care and are trying to squeeze the last ounce of money out of it.

Also, I've heard that people were recently blowing up SFxT saying it's a shit game. Who gives a fuck, you all play marvel and that game is shittier than anything.
    you all play marvel

Fuck no I don't.
    no one cares syxx

www.dontblowthis.com
  • KlaigeKlaige Warren Sapporris! Joined: Posts: 962

Also, I've heard that people were recently blowing up SFxT saying it's a shit game. Who gives a fuck, you all play marvel and that game is shittier than anything.

Actually most of us making fun of SFxT don't play marvel at all, or don't play it as a main game......

Also Marvel is shitty, but at least it's kind of a fun shitty game, SFxT is just a hilarious trainwreck that's boring as fuck on top of it.

Obligatory message of "Play KoF, P4, and Accent core plus when they drop".
    No one cares Syxx.
  • ddrtddrt whoooaaaaaaaaaaa! Joined: Posts: 74
    I'll play Kof and persona but I donno about accent core…