Iowa: Maize of Defeat

1454647484951»

Comments

• KCs NOTOR1OUSKCs NOTOR1OUS Puttin Demon Karate on the map Joined: Posts: 1,154
    If you want to beat the man in front of you, simply cut him down.

"I've suffered enough at the hands of Chad for lesser transgressions. Fucking with Chad's wings is like fucking with his patience."--Chachi
    Can't Stop, Won't Stop, DFS eh eh eh eh
    Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
  • Name v.5.0Name v.5.0 Joined: Posts: 124
    trying to get Injustice tournament organized. Thinking about giving the winner $100. Any one interested?
  • KeranataKeranata Joined: Posts: 653
    Tournament in Madison, WI 8/10/13 here are the details, even though it's a bit far I hope some of you can make it! http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/180976/8-10-13-madison-wi-imdb9-tournament-conditions?new=1
    Even when I say nothing it's a positive use of negative space
  • daedae22daedae22 Joined: Posts: 27
    edited August 2013
    Yo hows it going my fellow Iowans? Haven't posted in awhile...was wondering if there's any monthlies goin on anywhere for AE?
    Iowa scene is completely dead. No one is playing anything.
    Sigh well that sucks lol well anyone that would like to play some AE anytime online can add me on FB name Damien Merritt or XBL TV Daedae or even PSN Daedae22. For those that decide to add me on XBL I'm out of Gold atm but that will be rectified soon enough. Thanks for the reply.
  • Latino_LinkLatino_Link Joined: Posts: 145
    Name v.5.0 wrote: »
    yo Name v5.0 we do play just we just post at a facebook thread

Oh nice sorry it took me so long to get back I took what Name said literally lol. I would like to get in that facebook group if there is one!

Well that's cool to hear. What's the group?

edited October 2013

Well that's cool to hear. What's the group?
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/the29thchamber/
  • humbaghumbag Team IFD Joined: Posts: 7,403
  • ShankatsuForteShankatsuForte Joined: Posts: 41
    1486631_10201227852716723_1567471146_n.jpg

Starting on Dec 8th
    1486631_10201227852716723_1567471146_n.jpg

Starting on Dec 8th

So what are the chances of running games that arent Capcom?

• Blank MauserBlank Mauser Joined: Posts: 94
    This thread is dead, for people in IA still interested in fgs go here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/the29thchamber/
  • ShankatsuForteShankatsuForte Joined: Posts: 41
    So what are the chances of running games that arent Capcom?

We ran BB:CP and Melee last sunday, it really just depends on the game, and if people bring it and actually want to play it. In terms of casuals I don't think there are any games that somebody won't throw down on, maybe get some MM's going on stream and shit.

Also

1471939_10201290713528204_1453107196_n.jpg

• Dracula_XDracula_X unblockable Joined: Posts: 909
    edited December 2013
    The thread shall never die. At least for me now that I can't use Facebook on my phone at all
    Time lost can never be retrieved.
  • ohsballerohsballer Joined: Posts: 5
    Anybody in the Des Moines area? Seems like the scene here is dead. I'm selling a barely used SS4 TE Fightstick for the $360 as well if anyone is interested. I'll let it go for $75 locally.
  • bryanfrobryanfro Joined: Posts: 115
    Anybody in the Cedar Rapids or Iowa City area? We need to get some games going....seriously
    XBL: yodelayheehee
    PSN: buraemon
    Tournament coming up June 14th and 15th in Waterloo.

Here's all the info:

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/bloodbath-and-beyond-remix-tickets-11051059015?utm_campaign=order_confirm&ref=eemailordconf&utm_medium=email&utm_source=eb_email&utm_term=eventname

I'll definitely be there. I'm just a beginner, but it'll be fun to meet other players in the area.
  • theDUKEtheDUKE Poppin yo collar! Joined: Posts: 611
    North Iowa here. Algona-Mason City area...anyone?
    MF|FreeceTyLe
    Makoto | MSS

Yo...Holla!
    Have you tried the facebook group yet?

https://www.facebook.com/groups/the29thchamber/
  • MoH_ChimiMoH_Chimi Joined: Posts: 1
    I DONT KNOW IF YOU ALL ARE HERE ANYMORE. But I got me and my buddy. We've got somethin. We're not great. We want to learn to to play! We don't play with out a little liquor or beer so you best byob but we would love to have anyone. NO MATTER OF SKILL. Just to get better. We can't get better off each other at this state, so we need PEOPLE. We are not angry/abusive. BEAT US PLEASE. Hit me up. Davenport, Iowa (THE Quad Cities).
    MoH_Chimi wrote: »
    I DONT KNOW IF YOU ALL ARE HERE ANYMORE. But I got me and my buddy. We've got somethin. We're not great. We want to learn to to play! We don't play with out a little liquor or beer so you best byob but we would love to have anyone. NO MATTER OF SKILL. Just to get better. We can't get better off each other at this state, so we need PEOPLE. We are not angry/abusive. BEAT US PLEASE. Hit me up. Davenport, Iowa (THE Quad Cities).

What games are you playing right now? I live in Cedar Rapids, but I go to the QC to see friends sometimes.
    What games are you playing right now? I live in Cedar Rapids, but I go to the QC to see friends sometimes.

Interested in MKX? Going to fire that up here in 8 weeks.

Interested in MKX? Going to fire that up here in 8 weeks.

You started the post in the 29th Chamber, right?

I don't think I'll buy it right now--I don't have enough time for USF4, P4AU and Xrd as it is, but I've got a friend here who's into MK. He only plays casually, but I might be able to convince to come out and check out a tournament. He plays some Smash too.
    edited February 2015
    Its been a long while since i've posted here but to point shit out most of us post on the on facebook (because reasons that may or may not have to do with internal drama prefacebook) either way the group direction steered to facebook. The main scenes are Iowa city/West Liberty and Des Moines. The iowa city scene starts with me 2 other guys and we had casuals in West Liberty in which in turn got 2 guys from Davenport to drop by about every week. Now we work with Game Geeks a retro video game store in which we do casuals about every week (usually Saturdays but Thursdays they do smash bros casuals and people can show up for street fighter casuals as the place is open to all). We play just about everything (we at least give the game a couple weeks before deciding) but our current games USF4 Xrd SG and KoF13(im starting to pick up p4au in anticipation of the patch)

A2QPUy4.png

FACEBOOK EVENT PAGE
    The Spring Showdown will take place on Saturday April 11th, 2015 in downtown Des Moines, Iowa.
    Holiday Inn Downtown Des Moines - 1050 6th Ave, Des Moines, Iowa 50314

REGISTER FOR THIS TOURNAMENT NOW!
    ---> http://www.payitsquare.com/collect-page/61429 <---

The official registration page is live! You have over a month to register! There will only be a VERY limited late registration at the event. 99% of people should register through the payitsquare form. There is a special $5 venue fee for early bird signup until March 28th. IF YOU ARE NOT SIGNED UP FOR THIS EVENT USING THE LINK BELOW YOU ARE NOT GUARANTEED A SPOT IN THIS TOURNAMENT.

---> http://www.payitsquare.com/collect-page/61429 <---
  • kdotlokdotlo SoulFist Joined: Posts: 21
    edited February 2016
    Since SFV has launched and I'm sure there will be lots of new players looking for local competition, I'd like to direct everyone over to our Facebook group: http:// www.facebook.com/the29thchamber
    Even though the SRK thread is dead, we are still active!

The Des Moines guys are working on procuring a local venue for monthly events and Davenport's got a SFV launch tourney coming up.

See you all there!
    "Defeating you takes less effort than smacking a baby." - Akuma