Iowa: Maize of Defeat

Comments

• ngamer3kngamer3k Ground-Type Joined: Posts: 355
    Yeah, well we barely had enough for one car, but Sam didn't want to cram into one car remember. So yeah I drove. It wasn't a big deal since we didn't get too lost this time and since Sam won dat money I actually got enough money to pay for gas expenses. Just wish I knew about the whole situation before we were half way to your place Saturday morning, after we almost left Blank for being late. If there are plans for FF, let's not fuck them up as hard as we did this time.

With being said, I'm not sure if I can make it. If Blank wants to go, I'll definitely want to go, but we'll see.
    [23:18] <emotuba> I CHOOSE MY NGAMER
    [23:18] <emotuba> my shiny blake
    [23:18] <Top_hat> NGAMER USED SILENCE
    [23:18] <Top_hat> IT'S SUPER EFFECTIVE
    http://ngamer3k-stocktank.blogspot.com/
  • KempsKemps Joined: Posts: 15
    So my family is gone for 2 weeks and i was thinking of doing one night of casuals at my place in West Liberty don't know if this week or next week but its going to be either a Monday, Tuesday, or Thursday technically the living room can do 3 set ups and the basement can do 2 set ups. Right now its Me, Quadcore, our scrubby friend who now goes by the handle Pokemon Hero or Kanto Kid, and hopfully we Kemps can come. So I don't know if anyone else wants to come up to West Liberty.
    Sounds good. Everyone in Iowa City/Cedar Rapids should go. WL is a short drive. I'd be good Mon., Tue., or Thurs. How's your Fei, Link?
  • pbj_mixxapbj_mixxa DON'T FUCK WITH FIYAH! Joined: Posts: 352
    Shoutouts to Grog: next time... CALL DAMMIT, CALL!!!!!

Already spent all my winnings... fun times. Thanks a ton for all the rides you gave me, Blake. To be honest, I expect you to be pissed at me for making you drive to Ames so many times and sleeping both to and from KC. I, deeply, apologize for all that and hope you don't think me an ass. (That's reserved for people who don't know me!)
    Arcades in jp are like bars in US.

FUCK ATLUS AND FUCK P4U!
    So my family is gone for 2 weeks and i was thinking of doing one night of casuals at my place in West Liberty don't know if this week or next week but its going to be either a Monday, Tuesday, or Thursday technically the living room can do 3 set ups and the basement can do 2 set ups. Right now its Me, Quadcore, our scrubby friend who now goes by the handle Pokemon Hero or Kanto Kid, and hopfully we Kemps can come. So I don't know if anyone else wants to come up to West Liberty.

Dude, I'll be there!

@Sam- Nah, man. It just seems like no one really does anything for you and you've always tried in your own way to help me out.
  • MrBlastyV2MrBlastyV2 on Blast Joined: Posts: 1,600
    Hey everyone, there's been some BIG change of plans for Bar Battles Gaiden. Read up here
    www.columbusfightinggames.com
    PM from MR WIZARD "Your avatar has received several complaints. I had to remove it." LMAO
  • Latino_LinkLatino_Link Joined: Posts: 145
    Sounds good. Everyone in Iowa City/Cedar Rapids should go. WL is a short drive. I'd be good Mon., Tue., or Thurs. How's your Fei, Link?

My Fei is doing better then before... i bought CoD:BO so it messed around my SF game by alot i seemed to recovered a bit now i can do the Mago combo for some reason now.

I guess me and Quadcore decided next Monday since its the only day we both have off at the same time so anyone who is interesting in going we will have 2 complete set up assuming quadcore brings his xbox and the other 2 setups need a console of some sort. also i kinda have a stockpile of frozen pizzas if anyone needs anything to eat.
    BTW The date for that monday is DEC 27
    so its me quadcore, pokemon hero (that random scrub we brought with us when we first time) and Kemps. So message me if you are for sure coming over.
  • Blank MauserBlank Mauser Joined: Posts: 94
    Lol you guys. It was okay you fell asleep on the way to KC Sam, I kept Blake awake that time. On the way back though we just stopped at a rest stop and I found all 3 of us might as well have been knocked out.

I do kinda wanna go to frosty faustings, but if I go I might have even less money for gas then I had for KC.
    Ok, some news.

There's going to be a Smash tournament on the Mt. Mercy Campus in Cedar Rapids sometime in early January (the 5th being the tentative date). I have been told I can get some space and resources to run something. Either SSF4 and/or Blazblue (There is more interest in Blazblue right now among the smash players.) I'm thinking $5 entry unless people want $10.

I'm pretty sure there won't be a venue fee or anything, and we'll have TVs I'm told. We'll probably have 2 setups to run our crap.
    Sorry for the short notice if it does turn out to be the 5th, I know that's a weekday, but I was just told about these plans recently. There's not even a tournament thread on Smashboards right now.

TLDR; I need to assess interest in a tournament that is likely to happen very soon in order to make sure this is even worth following through. If there's not enough people that can make it, it won't happen. And remember, this is first and foremost a Smash event, so we'll all have to deal with that and stuff.
  • KlaigeKlaige Warren Sapporris! Joined: Posts: 962
    Normally i'm interested in free BB money from Iowa: But to drive clear to C.R. on a weekeday in janauary and two days before im gonna drive that way for faustings, i'd defintely say i'm passing on that, especially since smash tournies are nightmares to deal with in the first place.
    No one cares Syxx.
    So anyone coming tomorrow Dec 27th for some casuals at my place in West Liberty. So i can give the directions.
    I'm coming assuming the weather is not too bad. What time is best?
  • KempsKemps Joined: Posts: 15
    How are you doing on setups?
  • GrogGrog discombobulatingly Joined: Posts: 3,618
    I would if it was on a weekend.
    no one cares syxx

www.dontblowthis.com
    I'm coming assuming the weather is not too bad. What time is best?
    i guess after 6:00
    How are you doing on setups?

I have the Living Room TV and a 360, Quadcore has our(me, quad, kemps and diego's 20 inch LCD we bought at ohio so we can practice during sbr) and his 360 which can be place in the middle of the living room, and thats a over kill because right now its 5 of us could be 6 if my cousin decides to show up, but we can use the 19 inch monitor for the computer if someone bring their console.

and if it gets even worse and i guess under how much ppl were actually going to come over we have a 4th TV in the basement. Other then that everything will be in the living room.
    I would if it was on a weekend.

I wish I could get it on a weekend but i have work. :(
    I double posted i feel like a scrub.....
    Good games. Good to see everyone again.

@Kemps, you've improved significantly. It'll be cool if we can make this 5th tourney happen.
    @Quad, LIZARDMAN! SC5, yesh!
    @Latino, Thanks a lot for hosting. Get some lagless TVs, ahhhh. Seriously, how do you play on that?
    Good games. Good to see everyone again.

@Kemps, you've improved significantly. It'll be cool if we can make this 5th tourney happen.
    @Quad, LIZARDMAN! SC5, yesh!
    @Latino, Thanks a lot for hosting. Get some lagless TVs, ahhhh. Seriously, how do you play on that?

the answer constant playing and it will over come all lag :P.
  • Blank MauserBlank Mauser Joined: Posts: 94
    I got excess Christmas money. I should have enough for FF, but I don't think anyone besides Travis is going?

I'd mainly be going for Melty, trying to get hooked up with Nebraska folk (Cue) to see where they're staying and whatnot.
  • MURPHAGATOR!MURPHAGATOR! Go! Go! Zeppeli! Joined: Posts: 676
    So I'm looking at our upcoming events here and trying to figure out something I can go to. Faustings is out as I realized I have family events next weekend, looking at going to arcade x console in Peoria on the 16th but there is one pretty major concern with that; it is on a Sunday. This isn't a big problem for me but I realize it is for a lot of others. That said, I'd really like to go as it sounds like a pretty kickass event. Is anyone else interested at all in going to this or would I be solo running it?

Oh, also, I did talk to Alex and he did say he would be willing to host some Saturday. Didn't set a date or anything, especially as right now one of the monitors on the ST cab is dead. I'll keep you guys updated.
    I'd come out for a saturday hosting sometime. Alex is out in Iowa City right?
    No one cares Syxx.
    No, Dubuque
  • digimonemporerdigimonemporer Joined: Posts: 2,612
    Hello everyone. Raging Storm is coming back to Minnesota BIGGER AND BETTER THAN EVER! Giving out $700 in Guaranteed Bonus Pot money. Some interesting prizes. And more tournament games that your competitive edge could possibly handle lol.

The hype and and all the information starts here:

http://shoryuken.com/f7/raging-storm-minnesota-2011-guaranteed-pot-bonus-%24500-mvc3-%24200-ssf4-june-18th-2011-a-261379/

HOPE TO SEE YOU ALL THERE!!!
    No signature here. Nope...not one.
    Hello everyone. Raging Storm is coming back to Minnesota BIGGER AND BETTER THAN EVER! Giving out $700 in Guaranteed Bonus Pot money. Some interesting prizes. And more tournament games that your competitive edge could possibly handle lol.

The hype and and all the information starts here:

http://shoryuken.com/f7/raging-storm-minnesota-2011-guaranteed-pot-bonus-%24500-mvc3-%24200-ssf4-june-18th-2011-a-261379/

HOPE TO SEE YOU ALL THERE!!!

The first Raging Storm MN was a huge success in my book, very fun tournament. Is the venue bigger though? Last year's was a little small. Also if Delly brings the candy cab for CVS2 you'll have to use a crowbar to get me off of it.
    no one cares syxx

www.dontblowthis.com
    Yeah, update on the smash thing/ssf4-bbcs event going on at Mt. Mercy.

It appears the date has been moved back to Feb 6th (Sunday), to allow better planning and promote the tourney to the locals. There's also a thread on Smashboards finally that has all the details on the location and stuff. I'd appreciate it if this was added to the OP.

Midwest Highest point in Linn Country - Smash World Forums

As for FF, hmm I still have to get back to you, Blank. Sam already said he couldn't make it because of other obligations. For Peoria, I know Latino, Quad, and Kemps were all thinking of going, Murph. As for me- probably not.
    I would do Peoria if it was a Saturday. Isn't that the arcade tourney that Zenblaster was talking about?
    no one cares syxx

www.dontblowthis.com
  • digimonemporerdigimonemporer Joined: Posts: 2,612
    The first Raging Storm MN was a huge success in my book, very fun tournament. Is the venue bigger though? Last year's was a little small. Also if Delly brings the candy cab for CVS2 you'll have to use a crowbar to get me off of it.

Hey Grog. Thanks for the kind words, we did have a good time man. Twas good seeing you folks from IA too. The venue is the same, but I tried to space out the time to accomidate room for everyone. So it shouldn't be too clusted. Lately we've have over 200+ players in that room for the past GnG tournaments and space didn't seem like an issue.

Hopefully it's to your liking. And LMFAO @ crowbar. :razz:
    No signature here. Nope...not one.
  • pbj_mixxapbj_mixxa DON'T FUCK WITH FIYAH! Joined: Posts: 352
    Sam already said he couldn't make it because of other obligations.

"Other obligations"?! I'm not even in the damn country!

Dear god I miss dfo...
    Arcades in jp are like bars in US.

FUCK ATLUS AND FUCK P4U!
    With the new year my time off balance is renewed, and holy shit I get a month off. 160 hours.
    no one cares syxx

www.dontblowthis.com
  • LUCYM0N0LUCYM0N0 iowa brosef Joined: Posts: 82
    Just got back from Vacation. I haven't setup my schedule for school yet, but I should be down for going to some events soon.
    With the new year my time off balance is renewed, and holy shit I get a month off. 160 hours.

In that case you should reconsider Arcade x Console IMO
    In that case you should reconsider Arcade x Console IMO

Yeah I actually would but I need to put in two weeks notice at least for vacation.
    no one cares syxx

www.dontblowthis.com
    well I mean really, the 17th is the day you'd be taking off and you are only 1 day short of that at this point. I realize they probably won't but its still far enough away that it might be worth a shot if you want to go.
  • DTJBDTJB Lazy Man's Artist Joined: Posts: 1,284
    For anyone who forgot, I'm still hoping to get a tourney going around April and I got something I want to bring up. Dub-Town crew has been getting back into Vampire Savior and this got me thinking, would anyone be interested in having VS held during the event? Also, can anyone remember roughly how many people were at Redeption last year and E11? I want to send a head count to the venue people so they can have a good idea on how large of a crowd to expect. I don't expect as many people to show up at the April tourney that went to either event I mentioned, but the space the venue staff figure they can hold it in is much smaller than you would imagine and I don't want to inconvience people because of being cramped.
    Working hard to get noticed.
    Put something in the music threads, good chance I'll like it.
    3S: Makoto - KOF13: Terry/Shen/Kula - VS: Felicia
    well I mean really, the 17th is the day you'd be taking off and you are only 1 day short of that at this point. I realize they probably won't but its still far enough away that it might be worth a shot if you want to go.

Eh it's better if I don't, they really don't like last minute time off like that.
    For anyone who forgot, I'm still hoping to get a tourney going around April and I got something I want to bring up. Dub-Town crew has been getting back into Vampire Savior and this got me thinking, would anyone be interested in having VS held during the event? Also, can anyone remember roughly how many people were at Redeption last year and E11? I want to send a head count to the venue people so they can have a good idea on how large of a crowd to expect. I don't expect as many people to show up at the April tourney that went to either event I mentioned, but the space the venue staff figure they can hold it in is much smaller than you would imagine and I don't want to inconvience people because of being cramped.

Redemption had roughly 110 people registered, attribute half of that to Smash though.
    no one cares syxx

www.dontblowthis.com
    Well I was just informed I have to work Saturday the 15th so that kills any plans for that weekend anyway.
    no one cares syxx

www.dontblowthis.com
    Murph me and quad are going to peroria not sure about kemps he seems like he wanted to go but at any case u need a ride?
    Also anyone hype for evo2k11?
  • Dracula_XDracula_X unblockable Joined: Posts: 934

Wow I kinda hate you lol. What is this time off thing you speak of? I really got to get out of construction.

ALso any tourney with Vampire Savior in it would be awesome. Not a big fan of VS2 but VS1 is fun as hell. Bubble trap all day
    Time lost can never be retrieved.
    Wow I kinda hate you lol. What is this time off thing you speak of? I really got to get out of construction.

ALso any tourney with Vampire Savior in it would be awesome. Not a big fan of VS2 but VS1 is fun as hell. Bubble trap all day

I'm still in bubble trap shell shock, Murph made me IRL rage quit at Focus Fire :sad:
    no one cares syxx

www.dontblowthis.com
    Tenatively I'd love to hit DBQ and Minnesota for spring tournies if i can. Also I am going to learn VS and beat the shit out of all of you. Just give me time.
    No one cares Syxx.
  • Dracula_XDracula_X unblockable Joined: Posts: 934
    The bubble has always been quite the rage inducer.
    Time lost can never be retrieved.