Wamo

bubafeastbubafeast Joined: Posts: 163
So I made this little Javascript program to get all possible punishments or links. You can play with it on this link:

WAMO On Block? - by bubafeast

I suppose a couple of you people may find it useful.
·

Comments

• kientankientan Joined: Posts: 25
    That's fantastic.

Chance it could become an app in the future? I'll drop money on it.
    ·
  • SUPARNOVAXSUPARNOVAX 必殺技 Joined: Posts: 5,274 ✭✭
    Keylogger
    "Defeat is a state of mind. No one is ever defeated until defeat has been accepted as reality. To me, defeat in anything is merely temporary, and its punishment is but an urge for me to greater effort to achieve my goal. Defeat simply tells me that something is wrong in my doing; it is a path leading to success and truth." ~ Bruce Lee
    ·
  • ruff0123ruff0123 Joined: Posts: 569
    Keylogger

?????
    ·
  • CamptodactylyCamptodactyly Free Joined: Posts: 93
    Quantserve. Don't click that shit.
    ·
  • Nero FenixNero Fenix Those Eyebrows Joined: Posts: 97
    I clicked the link but closed it as soon as I saw the comment. Am I screwed -_-
    ·
  • kientankientan Joined: Posts: 25
    Thanks. On a MAC.

Didn't know.
    ·
  • AlidfeAlidfe Joined: Posts: 969
    Is it actually a virus or is tony just trolling? If I remember right FGAPR is a legit website, and I have a junk computer I checked it on and didn't seem to pick up anything weird.
    ·
  • bubafeastbubafeast Joined: Posts: 163
    No virus or keylogger.

FGAPR == Fighting Game Arena Puerto Rico, its a legit website of the PR fighting game community.
    ·
  • SosageSosage Mopping Up Your Salt Joined: Posts: 1,705 mod
    Keylogger

Can you elaborate? I've dug through the javascript source that's available and don't see anything that's eyebrow raising.
    www.DrunkenTemple.com ...cause I am a broke ass artist...
    Keystone II ...cause I like the video games...
    SFIV/SSFIV/MvC3 mod ...cause I enjoy destroying your fun...
    Rindoukan Yellow Belt ...cause I paid 49.95 for lessons at the local strip mall and now I can karakusa online...
    ·
  • GraphfGraphf Amat Victoria Curam Joined: Posts: 1,206 ✭✭
    So I made this little Javascript program to get all possible punishments or links. You can play with it on this link:

WAMO On Block? - by bubafeast

I suppose a couple of you people may find it useful.

Bubafeast...wow...the community owes you a huge debt of gratitude. This is simply stunning.
    Monster Hunter
    ·
    @Sosage, I assure you he is trolling.
    ·
    Okay it was just my browser acting up. I left my shit on too long :D
    "Defeat is a state of mind. No one is ever defeated until defeat has been accepted as reality. To me, defeat in anything is merely temporary, and its punishment is but an urge for me to greater effort to achieve my goal. Defeat simply tells me that something is wrong in my doing; it is a path leading to success and truth." ~ Bruce Lee
    ·
  • double Fdouble F Joined: Posts: 653
    Wow. this is fantastic. You should really make this into a phone app. I have some good tutorials on writing Android apps. The setup of the testing environment is the trickiest part, but the code is pretty simple (especially for the kind of thing you wrote). Let me know if you're interested.
    ·
  • DooplissDoopliss Wryyigi Joined: Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭✭
    The only problem is that anti-air only moves also seems to be mentioned, for example, T.Hawk's U2. I guess there's moves that are out of reach as well, but not much you can do about that without manual testing. Still, this might prove very useful.
    Maybe Doopliss isn't kicking ass, but he's taking names.

"Gotta Patch 'Em All!" an USFIV Old Character Combo Video
    ·
  • crazecraze yeah... Joined: Posts: 510
    good shit man! Nominated!!
    peace
    love
    insanity
    ·
  • shinwolverineshinwolverine I dont play fighting games (ノʘ‿ʘ)ノ☆ Joined: Posts: 757
    This is really handy!
    6y3e0.jpg
    ·
  • shinwolverineshinwolverine I dont play fighting games (ノʘ‿ʘ)ノ☆ Joined: Posts: 757
    This is front page material.
    6y3e0.jpg
    ·
  • Poptags08Poptags08 Joined: Posts: 717
    I can't tell if I'm reading this information correctly. Why does Cammy's Ultra2 show up as an option when Ryu's Fireball is set as an attack? Is this an error or does this list just show what you can do as a reprisal to some moves? Because CqC doesn't work against projectiles.
    SSF4 - Cammy, Cody, El Fuerte, Rufus
    You don't need to learn how to block. Stay free.
    ·
  • JarekovJarekov Thou Art A Bear Joined: Posts: 1,995
    Awesome. nominated.

SRK trolls epic fail.
    ·
  • HBRDHBRD why Joined: Posts: 2,464
    If this was the WoW forums okay, but what would he be trying to keylog? If he wanted to get some CC info, he wouldn't be posting up on the SSF4 board of SRK. YO YOUR GFWL PASSWORD AIN'T SAFE NO MORE

Cool app.
    Magnetomaniac: TEACH THIS GUY HOW TO PLAY CHUN AND RUFUS RESPECTIVELY
    Tarnish: OS is like the Coke Zero of strategy
    Abominablek: CvS1's menu theme was so gay I expected the Queer Eye guys to bust into my house and give me a makeover
    ·
  • Boy of JoyBoy of Joy you kindly give the palm to such a crock Joined: Posts: 457
    As far as anti-air only attacks and stuff like CQC that doesn't work against projectiles, I think this app is just taking into account the startup of every available move/special/super/ultra. It's up to you to verify that it is actually viable.

In any case, this is an awesome app, thanks!
    ·
  • NaokiB4UNaokiB4U Joined: Posts: 1,090
    Very useful for my Hakan game....time to do some studying!
    If you teabag or taunt, you're a scrub.
    ·
  • JordunableJordunable wot m8 Joined: Posts: 367
    Thanks a lot.
    ·
    ...I think this app is just taking into account the startup of every available move/special/super/ultra. It's up to you to verify that it is actually viable. ...
    This!

As I wrote on my first post:
    "...program to get all possible punishments or links..."

The "On Block" shows the possible punishments after blocking the attack, if the move is not shown it means its really risky to use (you could get hit with a jab for example). Green connects, yellow connects only as reversal.. orange read below.

The "On Hit" shows the moves you can use after you hit them with the move on the left column and will combo. Green combo, yellow 1-frame... orange read below.

Orange moves are moves that connect as counterhit if your opponent tries to attack you. The orange moves can be blocked by your opponent if they block. In the case of moves with invinsibility at startup, you will get hit... since the move is invinsible. The orange moves are been displayed in case you want to do some kind of frame trap and bait an counterhit combo.

So... this program helps you deciding what you could use by showing what options are possible, its up to you what option works best for you.

Also, moves like the Cammy U2 been green after blocking a Ryu fireball, what this means is that the U2 active frames are active before Ryu recovers. Same happens with throws, Hakan U2... etc.. they show up as possible options because they activate before your opponent recovers but don't work because of the move properties.
    ·
  • carugacaruga Joined: Posts: 538
    I don't understand it. Why would punishments on block show higher numbers (more frame opportunities for punishment?) as well as highlight them in orange (less opportunity for punishment?) if it was a counterhit, when counterhit means more hitstun for you? Obviously I'm interpreting it wrong but i'm only going by what it says...
    Nice read.
    ·
  • carugacaruga Joined: Posts: 538
    Hmm I read it wrong, you have to connect a counterhit as punishment... but why would that make any difference? I'm assuming we're talking about hitting the person before they recover, which takes as long as it takes regardless of whether it lands as a counterhit or not. still doesn't make any sense to me.
    Nice read.
    ·
  • AnnihilationscapeAnnihilationscape The World Warrior Joined: Posts: 711
    Bookmark'd. Thanks for this!
    "Your moves are weak and your style is a joke! What were you thinking?!"
    - Ken Masters
    ·
  • masonmason Joined: Posts: 674 ✭✭✭
    Counter hit is hitting their startup of a move. I assume he implemented it meaning your move is active at least 2 frames after they've recovered so it will counter hit any non invincible move they do.

Very nice work btw.
    Laughter 7: Well, this is strange. At the GodsGarden that just went down, Momochi picked Dhalsim (beat Daigo 10-8 too!). Is this mofo ever coming back to Gouki?!
    ·
  • jeenyus1jeenyus1 Kuroda WIll Get Better @ SF4 Joined: Posts: 2,061
    Great stuff but for a suggestion, Ultra 2 option for Fei-Long and Cammy should be taken out as options since you can't punish any blocked moves with it, it has to be used prior to blocking and it could be used for any attack that isn't a throw or a breaker move so listing it over and over is kind of redundant.
    XBL: JeenyusSF4

·
    I don't understand it. Why would punishments on block show higher numbers (more frame opportunities for punishment?) as well as highlight them in orange (less opportunity for punishment?) if it was a counterhit, when counterhit means more hitstun for you? Obviously I'm interpreting it wrong but i'm only going by what it says...

The numbers (x,y) means:
    - The 'x' is the number of frames you have so it will connect 100% sure.
    - The 'y' is the number of frames you can press the button and your opponent will get counterhit'd... unless he makes an invinsible move.

Its a range.. so you have from 'x' to 'y' frames to press the button. If you press it before 'x' frames it will connect. If you pressed the button after the 'x' frames but before the 'y' you can connect a counterhit. A negative number means there is no way you can connect 100% sure since 0 frames is reversal.

And by connect a counterhit I mean you hit your opponent on their startup frames of their move. So if they are mashing c.lp+c.lk you will counterhit them on the c.lk startup frames.

0 its a a reversal obviously. Also, you can use plink to connect the 1 framers... etc..
    ·
  • KorbidonKorbidon For justice. Joined: Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great job, hope you get a front page.
    ·
    Yeah those other numbers are counter hits if they retaliate AFAIK.
    ·
  • stabicronstabicron CTRL ALT PSYCHOCRUSHER Joined: Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭
    If this was the WoW forums okay, but what would he be trying to keylog? If he wanted to get some CC info, he wouldn't be posting up on the SSF4 board of SRK. YO YOUR GFWL PASSWORD AIN'T SAFE NO MORE

Cool app.

In answer to your question, if he was trying to keylog it probably wouldn't be for you gfwl or anything like that. More likely he'd be aiming for the big stuff like credit card info *and yes he would post on a forum to try and find some suckers, he'd be bound to nab a few before the thread got deleted, such has been done before elsewhere* or banking information if you shop online or use online banking at all.

Thankfully though he is not keylogging.

And yes it is a very interesting app.
    Ultra: Bison, Decapre, Oni, Cammy
    Guilty Gear: Sol, Jam, Millia | KOF13: Athena/Kula/Yuri
    ·
  • BentoBoxBentoBox Bop Alloy Joined: Posts: 679
    christ this is amazing.
    Only dead fish swim with the stream~
    ·
  • PerthoPertho FutharSWAG Joined: Posts: 11,401 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Que cabron, de que parte de PR eres?
    ·
  • ilitiritilitirit Joined: Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice. You should add things like what you can use to punish meaties.

[EDIT] If you do plan on adding something like that, then keep in mind that the hit/block stun values of certain moves can change depending on how they connect, so you can't really rely on the frame data.
    ·
    Que cabron, de que parte de PR eres?

Si eres de PR y juegas fighting games hazte una cuenta en el foro de fgapr.com y asi conoces a todo el mundo lol
    ·
  • xpelucoxxpelucox Joined: Posts: 14
    props to buba,this shit works
    ·
  • ghostcodaghostcoda Joined: Posts: 52
    found some errors. Cody's Hammer Hook should be -6 on block instead of 6.

and his Focus Attacks lvl 1 & 2 should be -21 and -15 on block not 21 and 15

great program! thanks!
    XBL: ghostcoda
    add me for some: SFxT -- SSFIV:AE -- SFII HDR -- SCV -- Tekken 6 -- MK -- Garou
    ·
    found some errors. Cody's Hammer Hook should be -6 on block instead of 6.

and his Focus Attacks lvl 1 & 2 should be -21 and -15 on block not 21 and 15

great program! thanks!

Thanks! will fix now
    ·
  • A NunA Nun Time to get serious! Joined: Posts: 123
    With Hakan you can't punish normals with Ultra 2. Need to take that out of there.
    Hakan inspired my first ever animated GIF.

Anticipated SSF4 mains: Abel, Hakan, Guy
    ·
  • deice-deice- kimchi yokatta darou Joined: Posts: 596
    Hey, I noticed you were using the frame data for Juri which has some moves mixed up and some errors. I tried to collect corrections from different frame data guides and my own testing and produced a fixed Juri frame data file. I don't know if its 100% accurate, but its definitely better than what Eventhubs has:

Juri frame data CSV (diff of changes)

Also, wouldn't it make more sense for focus attacks to use the frame advantage when you dash cancel after the FA level 1/2, since nobody would do a focus attack without dash canceling. Of course, it'd take a little work to copy this info for every character.

The data is available at SRK Wiki (second table in the chapter about Dashing). Note that advantage after FA level 1 hit is same as on block.

Oh, and thanks for producing this awesome tool for us theoryfighters!
    SSF4: Juri BBCSEX: Λ-11 AH3: Nazuna MBAACC: F-Hime SG: Valentine/Squigly/Parasoul
    本番はこれからだったのに, もう限界? - honban wa korekara datta no ni, mou genkai?
    ·
  • DarthPaul1982DarthPaul1982 2 4 Ricky, 2 4 Daigo Joined: Posts: 861
    might have been mentioned already, but the frame data for abels wheel kicks is wrong. It lists all the frame adv. for wheels as being 2 frames less than what they actually are.
    "A healthy disrespect for your fellow man is what made srk strong to begin with I think. But it's easy to take it too far." -- Theli; uber tech-god of the Ryu section.
    ·
    Hey, I noticed you were using the frame data for Juri which has some moves mixed up and some errors. I tried to collect corrections from different frame data guides and my own testing and produced a fixed Juri frame data file. I don't know if its 100% accurate, but its definitely better than what Eventhubs has:

Juri frame data CSV (diff of changes)

Also, wouldn't it make more sense for focus attacks to use the frame advantage when you dash cancel after the FA level 1/2, since nobody would do a focus attack without dash canceling. Of course, it'd take a little work to copy this info for every character.

The data is available at SRK Wiki (second table in the chapter about Dashing). Note that advantage after FA level 1 hit is same as on block.

Oh, and thanks for producing this awesome tool for us theoryfighters!

Huge thanks!!!!! with diff and everything, so much simple to fix :-D
    updating it right now

About what you commented about FA I copy+pasted it to my TODO list, I'm kind of busy right now so I'll check the link later and let you know about it... definitely would be better to have cancelled frame data also.
    ·
    might have been mentioned already, but the frame data for abels wheel kicks is wrong. It lists all the frame adv. for wheels as being 2 frames less than what they actually are.

Be more specific because as of now you seem to be incorrect.
    ·
    About what you commented about FA I copy+pasted it to my TODO list, I'm kind of busy right now so I'll check the link later and let you know about it... definitely would be better to have cancelled frame data also.

I could produce a diff patch for you if you want and know how to apply them.

I don't know if it would be better to just change the "advantage on hit/block" for the existing Focus Attack lines, or add new ones like "Focus Attack Level 1 (Dash Cancel)". I feel changing the originals is better since nobody does FA without dash canceling it, but what do you think?
    SSF4: Juri BBCSEX: Λ-11 AH3: Nazuna MBAACC: F-Hime SG: Valentine/Squigly/Parasoul
    ·
    I could produce a diff patch for you if you want and know how to apply them.

I don't know if it would be better to just change the "advantage on hit/block" for the existing Focus Attack lines, or add new ones like "Focus Attack Level 1 (Dash Cancel)". I feel changing the originals is better since nobody does FA without dash canceling it, but what do you think?

If you send me the diff's, yes I know how to patch them. ( patch -p0 < file.diff )

Its better to add them as new rows, I know a couple of people that would scream at me if they can't see both alternatives.

BTW, I'm adding credits for the people that has helped somehow... WAMO - by bubafeast (click on credits)
    If for some reason anyone that appears there don't want to be there, let me know.
    ·
  • Raven-XRaven-X Zangief in training! Joined: Posts: 114
    Wow, this little thing is amazing. I do suggest you change the title to something a bit more...obvious though, lol. I almost never clicked on it, but good work man.

Maybe a name like "Framevantage" or something, just a thought.
    Mains: Zangief, Dhalsim, Dudley, Deejay, & Chun-Li.

http://www.visual-blade.com
    ·
    So, I made the focus attack diff, adding "Focus Attack Level 1 (Dash Cancel)" and "Focus Attack Level 2 (Dash Cancel)" for all characters according to data from SRK Wiki (you should credit them for the data).

The diff patch.

I also noticed some minor things in Chun-Li frame data file while editing:
    - The string fields didn't have spaces as last character like all other files making it display funny
    - Her wall jump had 0's for frame data, making it show up with punishes which don't make sense.
    I added space characters before the quotes and changed the wall jump to have "-" for data. I'm not sure if it would make more sense not to have the space characters and do the formatting in the code, but at least this way all the frame data files are formatted the same way :smile:

Updated Chun-Li frame data file with all changes
    Diff of wall jump change
    Diff of string space changes

Note: If you apply the all the patches, the focus stuff needs to be applied before the chun-li changes, and the diffs need to be applied in the order they are in this post, otherwise you'll likely get conflicts.
    ·
  • mochawhiteymochawhitey Joined: Posts: 25
    great job! And if this was an ipod app I'd buy it in a heartbeat.
    ·