Devil May Cry!

Comments

• po pimpuspo pimpus Beyond Anger... Ultra Rage Joined: Posts: 26,366
    ShogunZ wrote: »
    po pimpus wrote: »
    DANZAN wrote: »
    All of you are buying it if it's real anyway, so...

If it ain't Itsuno or Kamiya I ain't.

Yes, we know you don't play video games.

But you're the one that played DmC beginning to end, and that's almost as far from a video game as a David Cage creation is.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
  • crotchpunchacrotchpuncha Joined: Posts: 22,102
    edited November 29

Would you please just ignore him. Can you just...fucking stop? Please?
    It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here.
  • Swedish ChefSwedish Chef Cream of the Crop! Joined: Posts: 8,883

But you're the one that played DmC beginning to end, and that's almost as far from a video game as a David Cage creation is.
    Oh come on, as much as we rag on DmC, it’s still a far cry from David “Game overs are a failure of the game designer” Cage.
    TAKING YOU PUNKS DOWN!!!
    ^Bubbleberry_VII you are so godlike for making this.
  • Optimus124Optimus124 Joined: Posts: 3,793
    edited November 29
    AKI wrote: »
    If this is real the first thing we need to do is make a new thread. The second thing... that YOU all need to do is wash the name "DmC: Devil May Cry" out of your fucking mouths, gotta keep the new thread cancer free. Also, don't let Affinity make the thread. I don't really understand the reasons why everyone hates that person but I'd rather they don't make the thread.

Actually I'll try to make it myself if I'm around (may or may not have to work).

Correct me if I am wrong, but weren't the two threads merged before?
    Post edited by Optimus124 on
    PSN, NNID and CFN ID: OPTIMUS124
    SF V - Dictator (that's all that interests me at the moment)
    SSB4 - Roy, Ike, and Shulk
    QFT: There's a thin line between being busy and bull$hittin
  • ShogunZShogunZ When's DBZ? Joined: Posts: 1,976

And you're the one who talks shit about it, years later, after having NEVER played it. So, like many other topics, you don't have a valid opinion about it. Only the inane ramblings of a short bus imbecile.
    PS4 Now Playing: Destiny 2, Warframe, Skyrim
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 24,288
    edited November 29

And you're the one who talks shit about it, years later, after having NEVER played it. So, like many other topics, you don't have a valid opinion about it. Only the inane ramblings of a short bus imbecile.

Might I add, that is also the someone who had to cry to the mods every time his posts gets down voted. The one poster who now has less value to his posts then Affinity.
    At least she plays the games she talks about.
    “Strong people don't put others down... They lift them up.”
    - Darth Vader, Philanthropist
    I played it, and turned it off after the Slurm Queen boss because having taste means not forcing yourself to sit through trash.

I'm not the one that constantly brings this garbage up, but your goddamned right I'll slap you upside the head everytime you do.

Also, I didn't cry to the mods about shit-- Stop breaking fucking rules that were established years ago, dumbass.

Wanna talk about someone's posts having value when you've never posted anything worth reading in your entire existence...
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
    I played it,

I'm not the one that constantly brings this garbage up

Verifiable lies. Stop. Lying. You POS.

• HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 26,856
    Also, I didn't cry to the mods about shit-- Stop breaking fucking rules that were established years ago, dumbass.

laughter.gif
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
    edited November 29
    By the way, posting about mod decisions is also against the rules, but you know, keep it up... It's not like you and your cronies weren't crying to the mods to get rid of me or anything...

You learn a lot about rules when you get unceremoniously canned by the same hypocrites crying about them when the shoe lands on the other foot...
  • crotchpunchacrotchpuncha Joined: Posts: 22,102
    If a DMC5 gets announced I'm not even gonna be able to use this thread am i?
    It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here.

You'll be fine as long as http://dontevenreply.com doesn't fuck it up...

So, I guess that is a no.
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 24,288

Yep.
    “Strong people don't put others down... They lift them up.”
    - Darth Vader, Philanthropist
  • Deadpool_MercDeadpool_Merc 天 WE BACK BABY Joined: Posts: 1,764
    tataa8P wrote: »
    I humbly suggest a more peaceful solution to all of this:
    Stop playing anything related to DMC / DmC and start playing GoW

Ew

ew.

If Itsuno is really directing DMCV, then I aint worried bout nothin.
    Welcome back King of Muay Thai.
    Hurry up and release the DMCV trailer capcom/sony.

I can only speak for myself but I have very simple demands. 1. We not gonna act like DMC2 is not the absolute worst game in the series. The idea that mechanically, graphically....any context you can think of, DMC2 is better than Ninja Theory's effort is a trash tier opinion that nobody really thinks. So if everybody stops doing that and 2. When DMC5 is announced don't constantly go "man, feature A is siiiiiiick unlike bitch ass DmC" if feature A has nothing to do with DmC and wouldn't have worked anyway.

As long as those things don't get mentioned, at least from my end DmC has no reason to be brought up and I would be focused squarely on the new game. If discussion of 5 is used to shit on DmC, I'll defend where applicable. And obviously as stated before, not saying stupid shit like "DMC2 is greater than _________" because it's not better than anything.

I can only speak for myself but I have very simple demands. 1. We not gonna act like DMC2 is not the absolute worst game in the series. The idea that mechanically, graphically....any context you can think of, DMC2 is better than Ninja Theory's effort is a trash tier opinion that nobody really thinks. So if everybody stops doing that and 2. When DMC5 is announced don't constantly go "man, feature A is siiiiiiick unlike bitch ass DmC" if feature A has nothing to do with DmC and wouldn't have worked anyway.

As long as those things don't get mentioned, at least from my end DmC has no reason to be brought up and I would be focused squarely on the new game. If discussion of 5 is used to shit on DmC, I'll defend where applicable. And obviously as stated before, not saying stupid shit like "DMC2 is greater than _________" because it's not better than anything.

I would also add that as long as people don't do what the post above this one does, I'll have no reason to shit on that game either.

If everyone can meet these terms, I will respect the truce.
  • FemtoFemto Joined: Posts: 4,939
    I think he meant God of War..................

I know. Just being a smart ass...

Anyways. I just now read the rumor leak and, if true, this will be the longest a DMC has been worked on. Hope it's revealed sooner than E3 2018 though.
    "Racism died in the 80's and 90's. Period." - ParryAll 11/10/2016
    http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/146396/the-current-state-of-the-world-and-us-updated-first-post/p237

"I was walking home and decided to not get shot at by a Muslim by not interfering and if people want to keep enriching the US with diversity then that's their decision. Also, she was already getting raped. Me interfering would have most likely resulted in the Muslim dude getting killed and then the media picking it up as a hate crime. I just kept walking and I think I made the right choice." - ElderGod http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/208447/the-american-government-thread-youre-fired-no-really-gtfo/p424
  • Geese PantsGeese Pants Certified Geese.... Joined: Posts: 21,761 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG

I would also add that as long as people don't do what the post above this one does, I'll have no reason to shit on that game either.

If everyone can meet these terms, I will respect the truce.
    I accept. I'd rather just enjoy discussing DMC5 anyway.

.......a truce?

lGecduU.gif
    The Prince of Masturbation.........

"Please do not use such strong words...........it makes you look weak."
    -Traitor Aizen Souske
  • AKIAKI R.E.L.A.X Joined: Posts: 913
    In all the years this thread has exist not once did I ever talk negative about DmC DMC Reboot and I'm 100% sure that I'm the biggest DMCfan on SRK and no one comes close (I have 3000+ hours in DMC3 and around 1500+ in DMC4). I even watch Shogunz stream the game for a bit when it release. They're people that like it, like, Nyx and Michellegun201, two top DmC DMC players I've spoken to and fully respect their opinion on the game. Honestly, I don't give a flying fuck about the game or its existence. I barely know anything about the game to even speak on it and I refuse to dedicate my own time to DmC, because... fuck that game, it's not DMC. It's DmC.
    DMC3SE is the greatest video game in history - currently working on a PROJECT | UNI[st] Yuzuriha/Phonon | BBCF Izanami | TEKKEN Kasumi/Asuka | Rev.2 Jam | SFV Kolin | FAWK Marvel
    AKI wrote: »
    In all the years this thread has exist not once did I ever talk negative about DmC DMC Reboot and I'm 100% sure that I'm the biggest DMCfan on SRK and no one comes close (I have 3000+ hours in DMC3 and around 1500+ in DMC4). I even watch Shogunz stream the game for a bit when it release. They're people that like it, like, Nyx and Michellegun201, two top DmC DMC players I've spoken to and fully respect their opinion on the game. Honestly, I don't give a flying fuck about the game or its existence. I barely know anything about the game to even speak on it and I refuse to dedicate my own time to DmC, because... fuck that game, it's not DMC. It's DmC.

Which is the most reasonable position to take. You admit to not knowing enough about the game to even speak about. People were just never consistent and honest in their opinion of the game and that annoyed me, not because of any personal investment in DmC, but just for the sake of intellectual honesty. I say that because when the first trailer hit, I was the FIRST nigga with a pitch fork, ready to string up Capcom by their entrails.

The E3 gameplay trailer was the first time I wasn't HOPPING MAD about the game, but more intrigued. If you check the upload from Capcom Unity for the E3 trailer, it shows an even split of likes/dislikes. I thought, "they have to have a demo".

They did.

I played that demo. So. Much. And with just a fraction of the tools you would eventually end up with in the full release, I felt confident that the comboing system could stand on it's own. Mechanically, it was so solid. No lock on turned out to be a non issue because I discovered that they had included partitioning. I could do forward plus attack to get a standing attack and then forward plus attack again would result in stinger. I couldn't remember if previous games allowed this, mainly because lock on would have made the inputs mostly moot. But it was interesting none the less.

Game comes out. There was things to like, things to dislike. I posted nearly a half page review, it got likes from pretty much everyone I'd been arguing with for months, for being thorough and unbiased.

So imagine my surprise when the fact that I enjoyed this one game was used against me in every irrelevant way possible. As if, some scarlet letter, even though all the mf agreed with my initial assessment lol. It's easy to get defensive, feel me.

sidenote: I don't think some of the Truestylers adapted very well to the new game, which was disappointing. Brea's combos for DmC was extremely underwhelming but Nisaanka put in WORK.
  • YunaYuna Can I be a social justice cleric or something instead? Joined: Posts: 7,548
    Jim Sterling said at one point that it could be posited that DmC is a bad Devil May Cry game, but to call it a bad game outright is kind of silly. I don't have enough experience with the series as a whole to make that first judgment, but DmC is a personal favorite of mine that I go back to frequently. I've not played another spectacle fighter that lets me do what New Dante is capable of (particularly the grappling hook mechanics which I fucking love), and as someone whose hands are kind of fucked, the lower execution barrier makes things more accessible and entertaining for me. Also, the story is delightfully silly, the aesthetic is gorgeous, and New Dante is hot as fuck.
    "It's high time for intellectually honest people to call out reflexive anti-PC posturing as being-- for the most part-- exactly what it is: a cowardly rhetorical defense mechanism employed by bullies who lack the courage of their own convictions. If you want to be a jerk? Fine. Be a jerk. But don't pretend like you're storming the gates of Mordor when all you're doing is spitting off the overpass."
    --Bob Chipman
  • 2-D2-D Praise BasedGod...Hand Joined: Posts: 999
    Stop beating your meat and maybe you could master the other dmc games & find them more enjoyable.
    PSN:ForeverKing901
    3DS:3969-5077-5320
    WSHH is like a genital herpes to the black community - Gimpy
    Youtube: http://m.youtube.com/user/infamoustechnique
  • YunaYuna Can I be a social justice cleric or something instead? Joined: Posts: 7,548
    I mean, I got a huge cramp in my wanking wrist every time I played any of the other ones, so if I'm going to get cramps anyway, I might as well get an orgasm out of the deal. My actual penis carries more weight in my mind than my e-penis does.
    "It's high time for intellectually honest people to call out reflexive anti-PC posturing as being-- for the most part-- exactly what it is: a cowardly rhetorical defense mechanism employed by bullies who lack the courage of their own convictions. If you want to be a jerk? Fine. Be a jerk. But don't pretend like you're storming the gates of Mordor when all you're doing is spitting off the overpass."
    --Bob Chipman
  • NickRocksNickRocks Knock Knock Joined: Posts: 22,885
    yea still talking shit abt DmC in 2017 is hella cringe bro. just accept Donte and enjoy life
    King of the Post-09ers
    In Dusty We Trusty
    Last of the Prembers, R.I.P. my nibbas
    Maximilian is a racist thief
    https://clips.twitch.tv/maximilian_dood/DifferentBeeHeyGuys
  • rukawa_kaederukawa_kaede ({「決最終戦奥義」}) Joined: Posts: 3,508
    edited December 3
    never!!!, I will follow PO Pimpus to the grave on this one
    jae hoon wrote: »
    Affinity is just a rouge program sent out by the bot program known as Emil.
  • Hatred EdgeHatred Edge One Bad Day Joined: Posts: 16,501
    edited December 3
    NickRocks wrote: »
    yea still talking shit abt DmC in 2017 is hella cringe bro. just accept Donte and enjoy life
    To quote the song

"See the mirror, you'll see a fool!"
    Has anyone thanked you today for not setting the whole world on fire?

They should. I won't. I advocate setting the world on fire. But morons who actually like it, benefit from society, would do well to thank you and men like you for not visiting hell upon them.

"You don't know what it's like to hate. To have your entire life become nothing more than an expression of hate. Nothing else matters. Nothing else can compare. Or taste as sweet."
  • tataa8Ptataa8P tourney. banned. washed-up. veteran. Joined: Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Bashing DmC in 2017 is considered very trendy LOLOL
    With everything wrong with that game, when DMC V comes out people who liked that game are gonna think back and realize they made a mistake. A really BIG one.
    modern-day absolute truth™ :
    - Assumption is the Mother of all Fuck-Ups -
  • CestusCestus Sorry for my english :D Joined: Posts: 6,594
    Crap on DmC is never wrong, regardless of when

If DMC5 happen i pretend donte and antoniades to be stage1 killable minions that cancel themselves from the game after the first death
    I designed SFV Ken, your argument is invalid.
    "@Cestus tightened her ass up" - YagamiFire

All SFV Colors here!- http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/214626/new-colors-for-story-and-battle-alts/p1
  • NickRocksNickRocks Knock Knock Joined: Posts: 22,885
    DmC was lit bro, and i enjoyed it way more than half-a-game dmc4
    King of the Post-09ers
    In Dusty We Trusty
    Last of the Prembers, R.I.P. my nibbas
    Maximilian is a racist thief
    https://clips.twitch.tv/maximilian_dood/DifferentBeeHeyGuys
  • FemtoFemto Joined: Posts: 4,939
    tataa8P wrote: »
    Bashing DmC in 2017 is considered very trendy LOLOL
    With everything wrong with that game, when DMC V comes out people who liked that game are gonna think back and realize they made a mistake. A really BIG one.

It's been going on a lot longer than that.

What a terrible post.
    "Racism died in the 80's and 90's. Period." - ParryAll 11/10/2016
    http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/146396/the-current-state-of-the-world-and-us-updated-first-post/p237

"I was walking home and decided to not get shot at by a Muslim by not interfering and if people want to keep enriching the US with diversity then that's their decision. Also, she was already getting raped. Me interfering would have most likely resulted in the Muslim dude getting killed and then the media picking it up as a hate crime. I just kept walking and I think I made the right choice." - ElderGod http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/208447/the-american-government-thread-youre-fired-no-really-gtfo/p424

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file