Devil May Cry!

Comments

• BullDancerBullDancer Mentos, The Freshmaker Joined: Posts: 9,493
    NickRocks wrote: »
    DmC was lit bro, and i enjoyed it way more than half-a-game dmc4

The only good DMC was 3. Fight me. Yalls be cockriding this franchise off of 1 great game, and 4 super duper average games. Play Bayonetta. Love yourself.
    "Rock abandoned Neesa there like you were gonna abandon your son and wife and live alone with your TV"~Akuma-HAX
  • FemtoFemto Joined: Posts: 4,941
    BullDancer wrote: »
    NickRocks wrote: »
    DmC was lit bro, and i enjoyed it way more than half-a-game dmc4

The only good DMC was 3. Fight me. Yalls be cockriding this franchise off of 1 great game, and 4 super duper average games. Play Bayonetta. Love yourself.

The first DMC still holds up thanks to enemies and overall atmosphere. DMC4 while being half a game, is the only one in the series that matches the first DMC ( at the very least comes clooooose) in said enemy design and atmosphere. DMC3 had the best story progression and really ran with the style meter, only to be later out styled by Instant Rev, on the fly Style Change and graphics that still hold up today.

<3 Bayonetta.
    "Racism died in the 80's and 90's. Period." - ParryAll 11/10/2016
    http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/146396/the-current-state-of-the-world-and-us-updated-first-post/p237

"I was walking home and decided to not get shot at by a Muslim by not interfering and if people want to keep enriching the US with diversity then that's their decision. Also, she was already getting raped. Me interfering would have most likely resulted in the Muslim dude getting killed and then the media picking it up as a hate crime. I just kept walking and I think I made the right choice." - ElderGod http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/208447/the-american-government-thread-youre-fired-no-really-gtfo/p424
  • ShogunZShogunZ When's DBZ? Joined: Posts: 1,980
    Speaking of insta-rev, I really hope that mechanic returns. As a Mishima player, having the option to just frame every attack makes me moist.
    PS4 Now Playing: Destiny 2, Warframe, Skyrim
  • YunaYuna Can I be a social justice cleric or something instead? Joined: Posts: 7,550
    I disagree, tameem tried to make a serious story but failed hard. Scenery lacks that gothic style

Because all of this is super srs, amirite? And I didn't even show the writing on the walls getting increasingly pissed off as you progress.
    "It's high time for intellectually honest people to call out reflexive anti-PC posturing as being-- for the most part-- exactly what it is: a cowardly rhetorical defense mechanism employed by bullies who lack the courage of their own convictions. If you want to be a jerk? Fine. Be a jerk. But don't pretend like you're storming the gates of Mordor when all you're doing is spitting off the overpass."
    --Bob Chipman
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Beyond Anger... Ultra Rage Joined: Posts: 26,386
    Please stop.

This is not good for my promise to not go off about that pile of trash.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
  • Hatred EdgeHatred Edge One Bad Day Joined: Posts: 16,507
    Yuna wrote: »
    Because all of this is super srs, amirite? And I didn't even show the writing on the walls getting increasingly pissed off as you progress.
    Yo, I loved the exchange between Bob and Dante during the entire boss fight.
    Has anyone thanked you today for not setting the whole world on fire?

They should. I won't. I advocate setting the world on fire. But morons who actually like it, benefit from society, would do well to thank you and men like you for not visiting hell upon them.

"You don't know what it's like to hate. To have your entire life become nothing more than an expression of hate. Nothing else matters. Nothing else can compare. Or taste as sweet."
  • HD-ManHD-Man Big Apple 3 A.M Joined: Posts: 10,698
    Definitely can't knock DmC on it's level design & atmosphere. Only one came close to matching DMC1, that news anchor scenario looked cool.

Swap out Donte with the original and change the battle system to classic dmc1 and it'd be perfect

"I wake up and piss excellence"
  • DANZANDANZAN Joined: Posts: 6,580
    edited December 4
    Gasaraki wrote: »
    Yuna wrote: »
    I disagree, tameem tried to make a serious story but failed hard. Scenery lacks that gothic style
    *snip*

Exactly, the people who made it said that original Dante is lame so they wanted to make him cooler and more punky and have a serious story. And they didn't. It just came off as lame. Original Dante is at least funny and cool(barring some really cheesy parts like LIIIIIGHT), the new one is just groan worthy, and constantly at that.

BruH.

You are replying to someone who in the VG thread once said "I want to fuck new Dante senseless"

HAHAH LUL

edit : i bet this Yuna person gets aroused by watching that "i have a bigger dick" scene
    Post edited by DANZAN on
    angelpalm wrote: »
    People have to complain to counter act that massive influx of idiot gamers that just eat whatever shit pie developers and studios crap out in front of them. If people didn't complain we would all be playing NMS for years right along side the martian.
  • YunaYuna Can I be a social justice cleric or something instead? Joined: Posts: 7,550
    edited December 6
    DANZAN wrote: »
    edit : i bet this Yuna person gets aroused by watching that "i have a bigger dick" scene

No, I get aroused watching the intro cutscene where Dante brings two strippers home and gets fucked silly until he wakes up with bloody scratch marks on his back. Hearing him and his autistic cunt brother have a literal dick-measuring contest does nothing for me.
    "It's high time for intellectually honest people to call out reflexive anti-PC posturing as being-- for the most part-- exactly what it is: a cowardly rhetorical defense mechanism employed by bullies who lack the courage of their own convictions. If you want to be a jerk? Fine. Be a jerk. But don't pretend like you're storming the gates of Mordor when all you're doing is spitting off the overpass."
    --Bob Chipman
    ShogunZ wrote: »
    I can settle this. In addition to the truce I challenge Po to a Truestyle duel. We can do DMC4 or wait until DMC5. Combo videos will be judged by all of GD and the loser will never be able to speak on the subject again.

You accept, nigga?

Lol no.

I love DMC, but I've never been good enough to do any of the Truestyle shenanigans. I can barely pull off All S-Rank hard mode runs.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
    Bious wrote: »
    Coward Pimpus strikes again.

Yep. Ask your boy locoghoul about my cowardly ways...

..oh wait...

2-0.
  • Dracula_XDracula_X unblockable Joined: Posts: 925
    DmC's best thing was the Bob Barbas fight, beyond that it was wonky. No hit jcing helm breaker is hilarious(ly easy) though

Been running through bayo 2 recently. Any fight involving lumen sage/balder is pure bs on infinite climax though. Reminds me of that wall of Nelo 3 dmd mode the first time you got to that fight. Rodin gave me less issue
    Time lost can never be retrieved.
  • ShogunZShogunZ When's DBZ? Joined: Posts: 1,980
    po pimpus wrote: »
    ShogunZ wrote: »
    I can settle this. In addition to the truce I challenge Po to a Truestyle duel. We can do DMC4 or wait until DMC5. Combo videos will be judged by all of GD and the loser will never be able to speak on the subject again.

You accept, nigga?

Lol no.

I love DMC, but I've never been good enough to do any of the Truestyle shenanigans. I can barely pull off All B-Rank normal mode runs.

Edited for accuracy. Nobody believes you're beating any DMC on hard mode. But I digress.

422.jpg

PS4 Now Playing: Destiny 2, Warframe, Skyrim
  • crotchpunchacrotchpuncha Joined: Posts: 22,121
    DMC on hard isn't that hard. S rank yea sure, but just passing? Naw son. Not when you can buy Invincible Stars an shit.
    It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here.
  • PresidentCamachoPresidentCamacho Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho Joined: Posts: 3,471
    Having that on PC is one less reason to hook up the 360 or ps2.
    Play Crimzon Clover, or go to hell.
  • Swedish ChefSwedish Chef Cream of the Crop! Joined: Posts: 8,888
    edited December 7
    Will the dream become real? Can we finaly have a PC port of DMC3 which isn’t ass?

No Switch version sucks though, I mean come on first Okami now this?
    TAKING YOU PUNKS DOWN!!!
    ^Bubbleberry_VII you are so godlike for making this.
    Glad that's more games I can mark in my list for selling one of these days. Not hooking up the PS2 anytime soon, and Sony won't release the tech for bc, so I'll be copping this at some point.

If anything, it just confirms DMC5 that much more.
    http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/146396/the-current-state-of-the-world-and-us-updated-first-post/p237

"I was walking home and decided to not get shot at by a Muslim by not interfering and if people want to keep enriching the US with diversity then that's their decision. Also, she was already getting raped. Me interfering would have most likely resulted in the Muslim dude getting killed and then the media picking it up as a hate crime. I just kept walking and I think I made the right choice." - ElderGod http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/208447/the-american-government-thread-youre-fired-no-really-gtfo/p424
  • The EpidemicThe Epidemic Archduke Caramel Adonis Joined: Posts: 9,935
    Mad af
    God's favorite ©

• AKIAKI R.E.L.A.X Joined: Posts: 913
    Stop this maddness. I wont get excited until they show us what we really want.
    Got dammit I'm getting excited
    DMC3SE is the greatest video game in history - currently working on a PROJECT | UNI[st] Yuzuriha/Phonon | BBCF Izanami | TEKKEN Kasumi/Asuka | Rev.2 Jam | SFV Kolin | FAWK Marvel
  • DoctaMarioDoctaMario Sometimes It Snows In April... Joined: Posts: 3,513
    edited December 7

I just don't like that game and would like to see the series go back to the original universe, tho personally I would like them to go farther back and bring back the DMC1 horror and atmosphere. They can keep the combo system, but I would like to see the game get dark again. Mallet Island was super cool to explore.

As a Castlevania fan, when I first played the demo for DMC 1 I was like "FUCKING YES!" One of the reasons I didn't like dmc4 was because it felt like they were trying to do a retread of 1 but they were failing in a lot of the things that made one such a great game, namely the atmosphere. So I would be all about them going back to more of a horror vibe because I agree that 1 had the best atmosphere of pretty much any game in the series.

I liked that they tried something different with DmC even if the result wasn't necessarily as I would have done it. I thought it was fun even if it's not where I'd like the series to stop, I enjoyed it for what it was and was ok with it. That sort of thing is what keeps the series from becoming like Megaman where it's a bunch of games that are basically the same thing that becomes stale after awhile.
    "Money matches are against the law in Japan. They can never be good at Marvel." -4r5
  • PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU When's Dragon Ball? Joined: Posts: 11,042

Cue the "DMC5 CONFIRMED!!!!!111111" posts
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
  • AKIAKI R.E.L.A.X Joined: Posts: 913
    edited December 7
    Also, if this is just a straight port without any of the bugs from the PS3/360 version fixed it's a complete waste of time.

And will it run at 4K with some slightly better visuals? I mean I can already do this in the current PC version.
    ROx6PNt.png
    DMC3SE is the greatest video game in history - currently working on a PROJECT | UNI[st] Yuzuriha/Phonon | BBCF Izanami | TEKKEN Kasumi/Asuka | Rev.2 Jam | SFV Kolin | FAWK Marvel
  • Optimus124Optimus124 Joined: Posts: 3,800
    edited December 7
    Welp, it's at least one reason not to use my PS3 anymore. I Just wonder why they just didn't release the entire saga as a single set.
    PSN, NNID and CFN ID: OPTIMUS124
    SF V - Dictator (that's all that interests me at the moment)
    SSB4 - Roy, Ike, and Shulk
    QFT: There's a thin line between being busy and bull$hittin
  • Hatred EdgeHatred Edge One Bad Day Joined: Posts: 16,507
    *sigh* I can't even say I care. I mean I can't blame the people who shit on the current gen doing PS2/3 rereleases on PS4. I like DMC3 and all, but I'm not doing the upgrade shit for a 4th time. Vanilla DMC3, DMC3 SE, then HD collection on PS3. I like DMC3 a lot but not that damn much.
    Has anyone thanked you today for not setting the whole world on fire?

They should. I won't. I advocate setting the world on fire. But morons who actually like it, benefit from society, would do well to thank you and men like you for not visiting hell upon them.

"You don't know what it's like to hate. To have your entire life become nothing more than an expression of hate. Nothing else matters. Nothing else can compare. Or taste as sweet."
  • Jack_FrostJack_Frost M.C Joined: Posts: 6,987
    to be fair, the first 2 arent on pc and part 3 is but apparently was a bad port.

so I just hope this is a good port for cheap
    There aren't 50 hours in a 5 day span...
    CRYING
    The PC part is really cool, but for PS4? I'm whelmed. Only good thing about this imo (aside from said PC port) is that I can record play throughs of DMC1 and 3 for my Youtube channel now.

Otherwise I don't give a shit. Will wait for it to be cheap for I scoop.
  • PresidentCamachoPresidentCamacho Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho Joined: Posts: 3,471
    Jack_Frost wrote: »
    to be fair, the first 2 arent on pc and part 3 is but apparently was a bad port.

so I just hope this is a good port for cheap

"Bad port" of DMC 3 is a severe understatement.
    Play Crimzon Clover, or go to hell.
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 26,874
    I think this a great news for PC. It will have all the games now.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
  • BullDancerBullDancer Mentos, The Freshmaker Joined: Posts: 9,493
    I'm salty af. Wtf is Capcom doing :/
    "Rock abandoned Neesa there like you were gonna abandon your son and wife and live alone with your TV"~Akuma-HAX
    Oh shit, I forgot about Share Play! Might have to day one this now. $30 is still steep for this but as I'll be getting the pre-order discount from Amazon.

• PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU When's Dragon Ball? Joined: Posts: 11,042
    DMC on hard isn't that hard. S rank yea sure, but just passing? Naw son. Not when you can buy Invincible Stars an shit.

Scrub
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
    PVL_93_RU wrote: »

Scrub
    Ok Dumbass.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file