Devil May Cry!

Comments

• ShadeShade FEMLE Joined: Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I'm marking down everyone who says They arent getting it, etc for LOLS later.
  • AlphaDragoonAlphaDragoon ._. Joined: Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Anyway, I'm done lol at the crazyness of the "fandom". Things to note of importance;

There's a tuff of white/gray hair on the top of Dante's head. Also, he's wearing Nero's coat. Also, it appears as if he DOES have Rebellion, or at least a blade similar to it, and it changed at least twice from the scythe/axe/spear weapon, to the "whip" like weapon mid swing/combo. And thats definitely Ebony & Ivory.

No, he's not wearing Nero's coat. Nero's coat actually looked cool. (Seriously, they're different.)

And LOL at anyone saying Heavenly Sword was good.
    Spirit Juice on a new SE game:
    "If it's not Xenogears Episode IV I don't give a fuck what Square-Enix does."
    No, he's not wearing Nero's coat. Nero's coat actually looked cool. (Seriously, they're different.)

At first glance, they looked the same. Yea, not exactly the same, now that I look at it more. And I enjoyed HS. I thought it was good. Opinions, assholes, etc.
  • Kusanagi02Kusanagi02 Joined: Posts: 5,460

Heavenly Sword was something different for the genre. It was a good game but i wouldn't say it was in league with the DMC, Ninja Gaiden, or Bayonetta.
    So, Ninja Theory is making a new Devil May Cry, people are bitching, and all I have to say is ... what's the problem, again? I've just watched this pretty damn epic trailer for the upcoming game and it looks pretty freakin' fantastic to me.

It's not like Devil May Cry has ever been a sacred series. It's an absurd franchise about a ludicrous man with a big sword and guns, and that's it! It's not hallowed ground. It's not like the game has finely crafted lore and characters with deep backstories to ruin.

And you know what? I'll go so far as to say I like Dante's new look. It's a little emo for sure, but he still appears to have the same over-the-top personality. Just seems to me that it's another case of gamers being terrified of change. I'm all for games not-innovating when they don't need to, but a nice refresh can go a long way, and if any series needed refreshing, it's this one.

At the end of the day, Ninja Theory is a developer one can trust, and you can all just quit whining about it.

DmC: Devil May Cry trailer is hot ... what's the problem?- Destructoid

Bingo.
  • Xero KaiserXero Kaiser Adeptus Astartes Joined: Posts: 492
    Trailer looked pretty cool. Not too bothered by Dante's new look aside from him being way too skinny.
  • shatterstarshatterstar still unauthorized Joined: Posts: 8,553
    I'm marking down everyone who says They arent getting it, etc for LOLS later.

I better be #1.

av by Me
    my av makers: 1. Monkeyspank 2. DarkGiygas 3. aLee 4. givequicheachance 5. Nastradamus 6. OrangeCat 7. Seth 8. Yeah Dood 120% 9. PsychoSquall 10. DarkDragon 11. Master Chibi
    http://officialniapparel.blogspot.com/
  • jimmy1200jimmy1200 Joined: Posts: 8,872
    yall niggaz is weird as fuck. ha ha. i dont expect much from gamers, but jesus christ. my last shit to type, as im far over my srk posting limit for 6 months, because of how horrifying it is to even discuss games with gamers or mostly children really.

1) on a semi unrelated note. grow the fuck up about the "emo" shit. people have their own style and thats that. im pretty sure a vast majority of motherfuckers complaining need to look in the mirror themselves. :p u mad cause he looks better then you, and gets more hoes then you nigga. ha ha

2) no one knows anything about the story, or this character at all. period. for all the sucka ass haters know, that might just be a part of the intro cutscene, and the character you play with isnt anorexic and has white hair, as to please fans of that look.

3) some people on the net saying its not like the dante we know? its a two minute trailer. hell a teaser really. but in the trailer you get your dante a bit. he obviously enjoys fighting, even though eh, hes fighting for his life kinda. ha ha. hes still doing unnecessary shit, like falling backwards off the top of a building, spinning in the air into wall jump, and he seems relaxed and laid back. oh, he is smoking now. hes smoking in a trailer signifying change. he might not even smoke the rest of the game. jesus christ

4) again, stop holding on to the past. i dont know how old yall are, but most of srk is barely over 21, so i understand your mindset, but let go, and if you above 25 whining over devil may cry, then you got problems. you have got to enjoy dante in his known form for almost a decade. you got 4 games, a comic, him in mvc3, and an anime series. wtf, you want another 5-10 years of the same old dante. anyone who has been around enough cant honestly tell me that your THAT attached to vanilla dante. thats crazy.

5) who are some of you people. im like, i dont remember yall in the dmc4 thread, and like, dmc didnt have a scene until dmc3 really, and if anything that was underground until youtube became popular. just sayin, people talking in this thread like they been playing the devil may cry series in and out since day one, and its like the only series they play, and if you dont get vanilla dante your head is going to explode. lol

6) its a shame a mod has to come into the thread on unity, and basically tell a bunch of dumb noob fucks to chill the hell out off a teaser trailer basically. like, why is this not common sense to fall back until further notice. like people are throwing temper tantrums over a video game, and a series they likely just picked up with dmc4, sucked at it, watched the anime, bought dmc3, played it a lil, and theyre like, im such a BIG DANTE FAN. OMG WTF YOU RUINED HIM.

7) shutup in general. :) no, i dont feel your pain. its a video game character that got, and probably needed a reboot if i think about it more. wtf. you niggaz dont want to be 18 forever do you. let the series evolve. im sure you will get vanilla dante back again in some form. shit you got enough of him already. if you aint got enough yet, then oh well, should have been born earlier. :p

thats about it. fall back and chill now. threads 10 pages. most of the haters have no valid points on not changing the character other then, "omg, hes so emo and skinny, and i dont know anything else about the game," tears. "emo is so dumb. i dont care if the lead director from previous dmc games, including the most popular one is behind this new one. i want dante's hunking man muscles back with a rose in his mouth with assless chaps". lmao. sucka ass niggaz. lol!
    LEMME GET DAT!
  • Shin OniShin Oni Mr. Gimmicks Joined: Posts: 6,269
    On Capcom-Unity, one of the mods (Snow) has been hinting at Dante's hair having a bit of white has plot significance. Maybe this is connected and maybe its a full blown reboot. Either way I am disgusted at what they made of Dante.

I'm more than sure they're going to use that "black hair = human form, White hair = demon form" kinda crap. I already saw that from the first still screen I saw of DmC. The hair is the least of this game's presentation problem though.
    I don't got those.
  • WasFemtoWasFemto Graphics Whore Joined: Posts: 2,388
    Hey OP change the title of this thread and shoot yourself in the dickhole while you're at it. I thought Kamiya and co. got back together. I still need to get 4 and finish 3. The production in 3 makes it hard to finish but this might actually be worse. :wasted:
    Hyper Chinese Skinheads Force ... ?
  • yah yaahh b*tch!yah yaahh b*tch! thats my b*tch Joined: Posts: 6,066
    If it's a definite reboot.................please leave Trish and Virgil out of it.

Replace with new silver haired calm-voiced backwards-katana carrying badass?

Buxom blonde haired babe?
  • shatterstarshatterstar still unauthorized Joined: Posts: 8,553
    4) again, stop holding on to the past. i dont know how old yall are, but most of srk is barely over 21, so i understand your mindset, but let go, and if you above 25 whining over devil may cry, then you got problems. you have got to enjoy dante in his known form for almost a decade. you got 4 games, a comic, him in mvc3, and an anime series. wtf, you want another 5-10 years of the same old dante. anyone who has been around enough cant honestly tell me that your THAT attached to vanilla dante. thats crazy.

you know nothing about Megaman.

av by Me
    my av makers: 1. Monkeyspank 2. DarkGiygas 3. aLee 4. givequicheachance 5. Nastradamus 6. OrangeCat 7. Seth 8. Yeah Dood 120% 9. PsychoSquall 10. DarkDragon 11. Master Chibi
    http://officialniapparel.blogspot.com/
  • Geese PantsGeese Pants Working on it.......... Joined: Posts: 21,216 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Yeah............the thread title needs to be changed. Misleading IMO.

YYB: Neither...........maybe him having less interaction.
    Never liked Trish...........felt that Virgil was jumping the shark.
    The Prince of Masturbation.........

"Please do not use such strong words...........it makes you look weak."
    -Traitor Aizen Souske
  • ChunstoppableChunstoppable I don't quit! Joined: Posts: 1,008
    In a word: no.

Dante is an iconic design that is tied to his series really. They way the originally made Dante was perfect for the story as well as the gameplay. His design is intrinsically tied into the fabric of Devil May Cry. What if we looked up one day and Capcom had decided to make Ryu a spikey haired hipster with baggy chain covered black cargos and eye liner? Wouldn't much like that would you? Why? Because it's not Ryu. That design would literally cause Ryu to lose his original identity and I think that is the problem here

I never said that I liked this Dante. I was just wondering how people would feel if this was a completely different main character like how Nero was in DMC4. I wasn't around for the DMC4 thread, so I don't know much about everyone's reaction to Nero other than what I'd see on GFaqs.

Hipster Ryu really does sound funny though.
  • orochizoolanderorochizoolander 2LANDER! Joined: Posts: 15,631
    " Swanny
    Jim - "It's not like Devil May Cry has ever been a sacred series. It's an absurd franchise about a ludicrous man with a big sword and guns, and that's it!"

WTF ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT MAN?!!?!

DMC's fan base LOVES this character and is passionate as fuck about these games!!!
    Devil may cry has been one of my favorite games for ages!! Don't try and write this off as something no one cares about!!

I'm not bitching about the game myself, I think it looks awesome! I'm a bit bitter about not having white hair on my dante as it's been one of the most defining characteristics of the character and franchise though, but seriously, this does look good.

But don't write Devil may cry off like that! To some of us, that IS hallowed ground!!"

This comment sums up almost every post in this thread. I love it. Keep crying SRK:yup:
    P. gorath said: seriously though, it really crystalized how much better mvc3 is than that game. "Oh look, commando vs. 3 characters...this will be excitin--zzzzzzzzzzzzzZZzzzz"
  • Soul BushidoSoul Bushido Anubis Ra Joined: Posts: 373
    Snip

Jesus, you sound a little emo actually. lol

Anyway I think you fail to see that the new version of Dante IS the vanilla version. They took a fantastic character design and shittied it up. That's never a good idea.
    My brain has different compartments. One that holds the psychosis, one that holds the explosives.
  • Jack_FrostJack_Frost M.C Joined: Posts: 6,617
    Hey OP change the title of this thread and shoot yourself in the dickhole while you're at it. I thought Kamiya and co. got back together. I still need to get 4 and finish 3. The production in 3 makes it hard to finish but this might actually be worse. :wasted:

sounds like u mad
    There aren't 50 hours in a 5 day span...
    CRYING
  • Mr. XMr. X Non Stop ∞ Climax Joined: Posts: 20,239
    Shadows of the Damned is looking good right now. NG3 I'm not looking forward too, either. NG2:Sigma was terrible compared to NG1.
    You did not go back in time, this is how the forums look.
    "You are all just as bad as the people you hate. You're only interested in characters based on tears." - Since1717
    NO STREAM = DEAD GAME
    PSN: X_the_Genius | GGPO: Mr X | Skype: MisterEcks
  • InfiniDragonInfiniDragon Joined: Posts: 1,163
    wall of text

Or, instead of doing all those things you mentioned...we could just...not buy the game, you know.

I'll be perfectly clear. Emo "Dante" isn't the worst thing about this game even though it's the easiest thing to talk shit about. It's the fact that this game is being made by the same developers that made the most overrated, mediocre shitfest of an "action" game in recent memory, that was bought simply because people wanted to have something to play on their retardedly expensive at the time 600 dollar Bluray player. Combine this with the fact that this game will be replacing what was arguably the finest example of games of the action genre (arguably because of Bayonetta), and yeah.

Whether you like it or not, it is a big change. And with any big change, you will get people who push against it if the change isn't welcomed. We're not knocking Capcom for having tried something different, if that something different looked potentially good. They tried it, it's not taking. If you don't like that, and want to talk all manner of nonsense about "the internet"...tough. You're on the internet. No one cares.
    Originally Posted by VG Emblem:
    So refusing to buy a game because it has inferior controls/gameplay is being more of a tool than refusing to buy it because it has subpar graphics?
  • NYNNYN New York Nub Joined: Posts: 223
    Guys please understand that this reboot had to be done to please the core audience of the DMC franchise: over excited teenage girls.
  • Shin OniShin Oni Mr. Gimmicks Joined: Posts: 6,269
    Sorry man. I love disecting your post. But mainly cause I know you know your shit from other forums here.
    yall niggaz is weird as fuck. ha ha. i dont expect much from gamers, but jesus christ. my last shit to type, as im far over my srk posting limit for 6 months, because of how horrifying it is to even discuss games with gamers or mostly children really.

Hey man. Opinions. they clash. They're not always the same. Something gamers just have to suck up and deal with.
    1) on a semi unrelated note. grow the fuck up about the "emo" shit. people have their own style and thats that. im pretty sure a vast majority of motherfuckers complaining need to look in the mirror themselves. :p u mad cause he looks better then you, and gets more hoes then you nigga. ha ha

I don't really have much on this since I don't even care if he has this "emo" reboot look. But then this will just lead right back into the "This series doesn't need a reboot" convo and blahblahblah. Though this is capcom paying attention to the "casual fans" as most gamers I've seen outnumber the emo looking scene gamers. But again, I don't know what "group of popularity" they were looking at to base Dante off this look.
    2) no one knows anything about the story, or this character at all. period. for all the sucka ass haters know, that might just be a part of the intro cutscene, and the character you play with isnt anorexic and has white hair, as to please fans of that look.

All we know (going by what Destructoid posted) is that is a treacherous world and Dante's going all or nothing for revenge. Though don't see how this would really "change" anything as O.Dante could've done this storyline too.
    3) some people on the net saying its not like the dante we know? its a two minute trailer. hell a teaser really. but in the trailer you get your dante a bit. he obviously enjoys fighting, even though eh, hes fighting for his life kinda. ha ha. hes still doing unnecessary shit, like falling backwards off the top of a building, spinning in the air into wall jump, and he seems relaxed and laid back. oh, he is smoking now. hes smoking in a trailer signifying change. he might not even smoke the rest of the game. jesus christ

...2 minutes of a trailer and I don't know what Dante's thinking. He's fighting. Doesn't mean he enjoys it. (look at that bum Iori.) I'm not saying he doesn't, but you seem to be getting something out the 2 min trailer (and about 30 seconds of fighting) that everyone else missed. Plus I think Dante smoking at all pretty much kills the complete rep that Kamiya had for Dante not smoking. It's like "nah I don't smoke nigga" then 5 years later he's all "oh smoke? yea gimme one." wait what?

But yea. We're all (and I mean all) are overreacting over a meh 2 minute trailer. I'm not staying hopeful but i'm not staying hyped either. Let's wait till those gameplay vids drop.

I've been with DMC since the beginning. I honestly took no liking to it when I saw the little preview stub of it in EGM's mag. But I got more into it, bought it, and fuckin loved it. Music, Dante, Bosses, graphics, hard enemies/bosses. Felt like it was worth the 50 I payed for it. Yes, this dude's dropped 4 games, a comic, now in a crossover game (finally), and a shitty anime. That isn't enough to validate a reboot though. At least not this big. Especially after they just dropped O.Dante in MvC3. If this was a way to build even more hype for DmC, it's not working at all yet.

Look at Mario. That dude hasn't evovled in the persona at all yet this dude is still makin money for Nintendo like he's a new mascot. Remember Sonic? The guy who actually gave him some type of competition? Yea...he tried that shit and see where he is now along with Sega. Not saying staying the same works, but it's one of those "jumping the shark" things and you know gamers (especially now) are fickle as fuck.
    5) who are some of you people. im like, i dont remember yall in the dmc4 thread, and like, dmc didnt have a scene until dmc3 really, and if anything that was underground until youtube became popular. just sayin, people talking in this thread like they been playing the devil may cry series in and out since day one, and its like the only series they play, and if you dont get vanilla dante your head is going to explode. lol

Well yes. I've been playing DMC day 1 and till this day. My friend and I were pretty damn serious into it. We hate the hell out of 2 (SMG wut?), DMC3 obviously the best in the series, DMC4 was a backtrack but a nice start for the next gen system. DMC has always had a scene but yea no youtube back in the day so it wasn't easy to post vids of shit on the net. I don't think it's a matter of playing O.Dante, I really just think it's a matter of building up the DMC characters/image and then basically saying "OK! we're done with those characters. They've had their run. What's next in the series?" It's not necessary (at least not yet) and makes DMC4's Nero even more of a "wtf was that for?" The dude might not be likeable, but I want more backstory on who the fuck this kid is. I'm just saying there was a lot left to be exploring with the DMC characters already built up on. I'd like some more Vergil/Sparda time or some Lady. Who knows if we'll get that shit now.
    6) its a shame a mod has to come into the thread on unity, and basically tell a bunch of dumb noob fucks to chill the hell out off a teaser trailer basically. like, why is this not common sense to fall back until further notice. like people are throwing temper tantrums over a video game, and a series they likely just picked up with dmc4, sucked at it, watched the anime, bought dmc3, played it a lil, and theyre like, im such a BIG DANTE FAN. OMG WTF YOU RUINED HIM.

dude it's capcom-unity. It's capcom's personal GameFAQs. Though Capcom should've saw this from the get go anyway. Especially since like I said earlier, they dropped O.Dante in MvC3 and people were already expecting a new DMC soon. Already building hype, they show his new look and people go crazy. That was a train wreck waiting. While I was rather thrown off when I saw it this morning, i'm already saying i'm going to be chill until some gameplay drops.
    7) shutup in general. :) no, i dont feel your pain. its a video game character that got, and probably needed a reboot if i think about it more. wtf. you niggaz dont want to be 18 forever do you. let the series evolve. im sure you will get vanilla dante back again in some form. shit you got enough of him already. if you aint got enough yet, then oh well, should have been born earlier. :p

The series needed more of a story reboot rather than a overhaul reboot. Dante was basically stuck in a limbo thanks to DMC2 (if developers want to include it or not) and because of that, DMC4 was already a "where the fuck is this going in the timeline? Are Trish and Lady being added? How old is Dante? Who's this Nero dude? Blah Blah Blah". But really, it's hard to "move on" in a right direction when Kamiya's not even there anymore. So something like this happening doesn't surprise me now thinking about it.

:tup:
    I don't got those.
    On an unrelated note thats pretty intentional I bet, that capcom has Dante in MvC3 the same year we get DMC5 announced.
  • Hatred EdgeHatred Edge Poison To You Joined: Posts: 16,301
    Guys please understand that this reboot had to be done to please the core audience of the DMC franchise: over excited teenage girls.

What? Girls already wanted to fuck Dante. I recall in some gaming magazine I had, a girl wrote in asking if the body for Dante was based off of someone real and if so she wanted to know who that person was.

I understand why people aren't happy/complaining. The minute your bring up a product, there will be feedback. People will point out every single damn detail from beginning to LONG AFTER the final product is released. Every pro and every con. That's just how shit works.

Also I have been playing DMC since day one.
    Has anyone thanked you today for not setting the whole world on fire?

They should. I won't. I advocate setting the world on fire. But morons who actually like it, benefit from society, would do well to thank you and men like you for not visiting hell upon them.

"You don't know what it's like to hate. To have your entire life become nothing more than an expression of hate. Nothing else matters. Nothing else can compare. Or taste as sweet."
    Who else said they aren't getting it; will be terrible, etc? Skimming the thread, but a quickpost here should suffice.

EDIT - Going over this thread makes me laugh out loud for real. My fucking stomach is hurting. Literally, if Dante looked like his old boring self, you all would be foaming at the mouths at how awesome the gameplay/trailer/action/graphics were/are.

But your gay, mansexual love you have for White Haired, Sessh?maru looking motherfuckers clouds your Rose Tinted Glasses to the point of no return.
    I personally think its going to be awesome. I was watching it in class with the sound off and like 10% brightness. And I was also under the impression that it was canon to DMC.

I actually LOVE how its like an alternate reality of Dante.

They could do a lot with that. . .

Like have Trish in the series, and make her a ginger with freckles or something. Make Nelo Angelo his black half brother. I'm excited.
  • WasFemtoWasFemto Graphics Whore Joined: Posts: 2,388
    Who else said they aren't getting it; will be terrible, etc? Skimming the thread, but a quickpost here should suffice.

More pissed about the thread title, THEN clicking the link and seeing some heroin using dyke with the name Dante and DMC5 in the title. Maybe this is his look early in the game and he at the end up ends up looking the way we know him to be and BAM DmC2. At least I somewhat hope, 'cuz as of now, his look is uglier than the graphics in DMC3.
    Hyper Chinese Skinheads Force ... ?
  • ChunstoppableChunstoppable I don't quit! Joined: Posts: 1,008
    I can live with it being an alternate reality (if that ends up being the case). This actually sounds intriguing!

I just hope they won't retcon it as if DMC1-4 never existed.

I still want to see some gameplay before I say "DAY ONE PURCHASE" though.
  • KatrianaKatriana Suffer and die... Joined: Posts: 367
    Initial impressions: Don't see the point in rebooting the franchise, but we'll see how this plays out, obviously no real gameplay footage to make an evaluation on yet. I mean really, there's nothing here, we don't even get a good impression of the character's personality. Notably though he does seem much more subdued and much weaker than the traditional DMC Dante. The trailer's presentation isn't the best and feels a bit stiff, but like I said.. there's nothing to actually base an opinion on, so I'm not sure why there's so much hate OR so much hype. I mean literally, there's nothing there. NT isn't the best developer, but apparently they're getting supervision from people who know what they're doing, so it might work out.
    Because Heavenly Sword completely OBLITERATED Devil May Cry 4 in every aspect outside of replay value and flexibility of the movelist.

"Better in every single way except for the gameplay" isn't better.

"How dare Capcom try and keep a series fresh! I want more of the same shit, with better graphics, and design elements from the PSX era!"

Why would you start East vs West bullshit by mocking the idea of taking a game and merely expanding/adjusting the mechanics of it when that's exactly what the most successful Western developers do?

Do you guys think that new-Dante would get less hate if he wasn't named...Dante?

That would almost certainly be the case.

Yo, over-excited ( not quite teenage anymore ) girl reporting. This Dante has less than half the sex appeal of the DMC1/3/4 version. About 30% really. Which is still pretty sexy, but a big drop.

Anyways, like anyone with half a fucking brain, reserving judgement until I see some real gameplay footage.
    SSF4:Claw, Juri.
    3s: Ibuki, a little Urien ST: Hawk T6: Lei
  • SWBetaSWBeta Joined: Posts: 12,770
    Woke up from a nap and thought this was all a bad dream. Logged onto SRK to confirm.

Fuck.
    Why would you start East vs West bullshit by mocking the idea of taking a game and merely expanding/adjusting the mechanics of it when that's exactly what the most successful Western developers do?

I don't even understand what the fuck you said.
  • BaronOBaronO Relatable Slacker Joined: Posts: 497
    I would be a little more understanding (i would hope) if the plot was based around DMC prequel novel where Dante called himself Tony Redgrave or somewhere chronologically before that since his hair is fading to white. If this is going to make the rest of the series obsolete, then I'll be sad since the anticipation of an actual continuation was in vain.

On a less serious note I would be relieved if this was just some hardcore Ono-styled trolling though.
    PSN - TheBarrenO; CFN - BaronO
  • savaii64savaii64 HYPA POM! Joined: Posts: 2,250
    I want to know how this dude is Dante. Let's hear more of the story and some gameplay footage please.
    Avatar Request Thread | Play HoN with me!
    "If you don't stand for something, you will fall for anything."
  • DHEvilDHEvil Joined: Posts: 2,365
    Until this game gets an overhaul and Dante looks like Dante again, FUCK this game. I ain't supporting this emo hipster movement bullshit we've been getting lately. FUCK Ninja Theory and FUCK this Dante imposter. I'm out.
    BUHSSA WUHF!!
  • MillionMillion King of Creeps Joined: Posts: 10,534 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    ehhhhh I'm not so sure about the new visual design, but I'm trying to keep an open mind on this. If the gameplay and "stylish action" is still on par with expectations, that might be enough for me....and hopefully there would be an option or "unlock" character skin that is "Classic Dante" (and other playable characters)
  • Onslaught2000Onslaught2000 WHEN'S MAHVEL.........2?! Joined: Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    The first thing when I thought when I saw the new "Dante" was "damn, I bet he beat the shit outta his little kid sister when his dad didn't buy him the latest Linkin Park CD"

And then you see him doing really over the top shit that you wouldn't expect him to be doing. It's like Ninja Theory had an idea of what they would be doing with the engine, but just completely lacked any ideas when it came to creating him.

And speaking of Ninja Theory, for those saying that this DmC looks more evolved because vanilla DMC was getting stale, which part Heavenly Sword was better than any part in the original DMC games? From what I saw, Heavenly Sword is just about as good at DMC 2. Both are decent enough titles on their own, but compared to the rest of the genre, they are completely forgettable.

In the end, depending on what the gameplay looks like, I might pick it up when it hits the bargin bin (also waiting for Bayonetta to do the same) but a reboot wasn't necessary. DMC was still doing fine and the original Dante was still a great character. Not to mention going from a shit talking pretty boy to a Twilight loving fanboy that get's bullied daily is just two steps back character development wise.
  • MVC2FAN15MVC2FAN15 Joined: Posts: 907
    I am looking at Savaii avatar and do notice the little bit of white hair on this guy.
    Well get over it. Nobody wants to see another silver haired sissy.

When was the last time we got a protagonist in a hack n slash that didnt look like a member from Tokio Hotel? The original Dante was more emo, this guy just looks like a douchebag. He even smokes like a cunt.

Matter of fact. Im already pegging this as the best one of the series yet.
    I am looking at Savaii avatar and do notice the little bit of white hair on this guy.

Yea, those are called lighting effects.
  • KatrianaKatriana Suffer and die... Joined: Posts: 367
    Well get over it. Nobody wants to see another silver haired sissy.

Er.. no one said anything about a "Silver haired sissy"
    SSF4:Claw, Juri.
    3s: Ibuki, a little Urien ST: Hawk T6: Lei
    Can you guys STOP with the Heavenly Sword hate before it even starts, the trailer doesnt even look close to that game.
  • InfiniDragonInfiniDragon Joined: Posts: 1,163

EDIT - Going over this thread makes me laugh out loud for real. My fucking stomach is hurting. Literally, if Dante looked like his old boring self, you all would be foaming at the mouths at how awesome the gameplay/trailer/action/graphics were/are.

But your gay, mansexual love you have for White Haired, Sessh?maru looking motherfuckers clouds your Rose Tinted Glasses to the point of no return.

A few things:

1. You can feel free to put me on your list of "not playing this". Unless we see a LOT different from what they've shown now really soon, it's not looking like my type of game.

2. Even if Dante was a carbon copy of his DMC1 self, I'd still be recoiling in terror. I can't speak for everybody here but as I mentioned in the post right above you...it's NOT just Dante. It's Ninja Theory. Heavenly Sword was ass. If this game even kinda plays like it, it will be ass. So no, I wouldn't be "foaming at the mouth" over the gameplay, unless of course that trailer is in no way what the game plays like and it really is fast paced and combo crazy like DMC or Bayonetta.

3. Throw in whatever digs and anime jokes you feel like because you seem to care that people like the original Dante so much...but it doesn't really matter. Only time is gonna tell whether this redesign ends up being accepted (not likely from early reactions) or whether people keep wanting the original design. I for one hate that design. It's not that it's different from original Dante (again, my thoughts, can't speak for the masses). It's that what they came up with is terrible.

Normally I agree with your opinions on games in my time here on SRK, but this? Fuck no.
    Can you guys STOP with the Heavenly Sword hate before it even starts, the trailer doesnt even look close to that game.

Well when that's the ONLY example we've got from these dudes and it left a bad taste, you've gotta expect some people to be scared about that. Come on now.
    Originally Posted by VG Emblem:
    So refusing to buy a game because it has inferior controls/gameplay is being more of a tool than refusing to buy it because it has subpar graphics?