Eugene Area Tournaments Thread!

Comments

• Yzae BYzae B FGTV Member Joined: Posts: 247
    I'm planning on going to Best bout's tourney this Saturday to gauge where i Stand (my result will decide if i go to NWM or not)
    If something happened and i didnt go then yeah I'm down to coming to sesh with you guys.

You need to go to NWM3 anyway man. Gonna be a hype ass event with alot going on and other national players making an appearance. Come support your fellow Northwest players!!
    Official YouTube Channel
    http://www.youtube.com/yzaeb
  • K3vBot6000K3vBot6000 Robanuka Disciple Joined: Posts: 61
    Saturday at 6pm, Monday whatever is convenient after 4pm.
    SSF4: Sagat
    UMVC3: Nova/Spencer/Doom, Next up something Morrigan...
  • TrulyAmiracleTrulyAmiracle Mobility Spammer~ Joined: Posts: 4,668 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    derp. I know where u got "dragunov" from now

U didnt know that he's my main in Tekken o_o? lol
    You need to go to NWM3 anyway man. Gonna be a hype ass event with alot going on and other national players making an appearance. Come support your fellow Northwest players!!

heh I want to go dude, its just that all my friends are telling me to stay here so that I can celebrate my birthday with him instead of going to Seattle where there's practically no one there.
    Plus the drive up there is a pain. Either way, are you gonna be in the best bout tourney this weekend?
    .MVY. ~Mad Vega Yomi~
    [PSN/XBL/Steam: TrulyAmiracle]
    [Claw | Rashid | Laura]
    ~KoFXIV Hype Zone~
    [Mian/Gang-il/Meitenkun | Ralf/Yamazaki/K' | Kensou/Vice/Geese]
    [Lucky Chloe | Poison Ivy | Jacqui | Hisako | Amane | Nyo-Tengu]
    [Saiki/Ralf/Vice | PainWheel/Cerebella/Eliza]
  • Yzae BYzae B FGTV Member Joined: Posts: 247
    Well my Bday is on Nov. 12th also, remember? I'll be be up there also to celebrate mine with the Seattle guys as well! :D

And yeah, I'll be at the Best Bout tourny tomorrow and Tuesday. I'm fighting for a top seed at NWM3 so I'll be there in full effect.
    Official YouTube Channel
    http://www.youtube.com/yzaeb
  • MetroxylonMetroxylon Missing link? Joined: Posts: 2,628
    damn there's gonna be seeding for NWM? That's kinda lame. And turning 21 as a Muslim shouldn't leave anything to celebrate aside from another day of being sober/normal. Unless y'all are having some real badass cake, doesn't sound worth staying for.

Also Tim: Check out Teamspooky's recent uploads on YT; the Curleh Mustache series. I like the 3/5 format. gives people more time to play, and learn, and feel like they've gotten more of their money's worth. Since our scene isn't large, and kinda scattered in terms of daily interests/priorities, it'd be good to maximize play time, and perhaps make it semi-casual. Also for fliers, it'd be good to list tournament details beyond just the location, date, and entry fee. You know, something that would generate interest for the public and less-competitive gamers.
    Are you clutch or crutch?
    Downback saved my life.
    Stand strong, do or die.

https://youtube.com/user/SaveReplayandQuit/videos
    King of Tacos, message me or EternalBlaze whether or not you're coming with us to NWM since I know somebody else wanting to go, and has already decided to go.

Also Tim, I think we definitely need free play booths. or perhaps "play with purchase of a beer". and from there the player gets a turn token or some irreplicable equivalent.

All for now.
    Over and out.
    Downback saved my life.
    Stand strong, do or die.

• samBsamB TRINGLE FFENS? Joined: Posts: 1,059
    WOW Amir, Chris, and Set with the same birthday? That's disgusting lololol

Seth: drop that broad rose.... She's ass
    YOU ARE A Peasant
    yo theyre frauds, I'm 11/11/11, theyre 11/12/11.. not as cool but its close enough =P
    .MVY. ~Mad Vega Yomi~
    [Claw | Rashid | Laura]
    ~KoFXIV Hype Zone~
    WOW Amir, Chris, and Set with the same birthday? That's disgusting lololol

Seth: drop that broad rose.... She's ass

yo SamBody, when was the last time you saw me play? back in Feb or some shit? I've got me a few extra characters in my pocket, plus the original picks. improved flavor. no MSG. get salty brah.
    Downback saved my life.
    Stand strong, do or die.

He was at your place when you had sessions during the summer right?

Also, way to keep the thread on the first page again. It was getting pushed pretty far back not too long ago. Sessions at my place again after NWM let me know what you guys feel is a good day/ time.
    hey Kevin. Not the same Sam that plays Dhalsim/Makoto you're probably thinking of. Dunno when I want to session again. I need to learn how to play on Xbox, since my lack of Xbox experience is really what cost me my matches. Went 1-2. Also UMvC3 drops today. Midnight release at VRC. Amir's going, and if there are enough attendants they are gonna run a tournament for a free copy of the game. Might go to that.
    Downback saved my life.
    Stand strong, do or die.

Is it really that different playing on an Xbox? I know someone has Xbox games/sticks if they want to bring them sometime. Glad you beat somebody. I can't wait to get UMvC3 but I have some midterms coming up so I don't have space in my brain for combos, no matter how tempting. I'll pick it up soon though. Good luck if you compete.
    Yeah it really is. No way would I just light punch uppercut after a focus crumple. Would sometimes not even register me dashing in after focus. I've concluded my problem is more muscle memory being familiar with PS3 for so long rather than the XBox being flawed. Was hella irritated at the tournament though, because I am capable of playing well, and almost pulled through a couple rounds I was close to winning, but the input delay really screwed me over. Don't think this is something that'll be fixed in the 2012 version either. If so, well that'd be great, but Capcom probably doesn't give a shit.
    Downback saved my life.
    Stand strong, do or die.

Yo who wants to get in on that Ultimate? Been in the lab for pretty much the whole day yesterday so I want to try if this stuff I've been practicing is good or not lol.

My phone is disconnected atm so I cant use that, but I'll be at home pretty much the whole day playing the game so anyone is welcome to come over and get some games in. in case you dont know the address its Chase Village (3422 Kinsrow ave) #147.
    Just let me know here or on FB or w/e if you're gonna come. I'll probably be playing to Midnight, maybe even later if there's people here.

if you're gonna show up though there's 2 rules that i have in my place, if you cant follow them please dont bother:
    1. No alcohol, Drugs or weapons. the last 2 sound weird but its happened before so I'm listing them.

2. be aware of your personal hygiene. if you havent showered for a fuckin month or just flat out stink for whatever reason take a shower before you come, its not cool to have the whole place stink up just to play a freakin videogame..

I'm not sure how many people are gonna be here but I'm guessing we wont need multiple setups, if you have it then sure you're welcome to bring it, but i already have everything we'd need (i think).

Hoping to see some of you guys tonight. Come over anytime after 3.

Peace.
    .MVY. ~Mad Vega Yomi~
    [Claw | Rashid | Laura]
    ~KoFXIV Hype Zone~
    Amir, was I too ripe on the trip? I like to smell like nature's essence! and I'd never go over a month without bathing. Also perhaps crank down your heat. It's not nearly cold enough yet to justify any reason your apartment should feel like the desert!

And Richie/King-of-tacos, this is the man behind black lightning. https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1CHKZ_enUS439US439&aq=f&gcx=c&ix=c2&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=Ronald+Bladen Are you somehow surprised?
    Downback saved my life.
    Stand strong, do or die.

So I think I'm gonna get UMvC3 once Heroes and Heralds drops. But sad news: My stick is pretty much dead now. Dropped one too many times on the stick itself.. I need to get some new parts to swap out and see if that makes any difference. If anybody has spare parts, or knows where to get good parts fairly cheap, lemme know. I know Black Friday is coming up, but I'd rather just fix my sticks (yes I have another one - MadCatz SE) than buy a new one. Seeing Markman playing on pad at NWM broke my heart, and lost my respect.

Also Amir, you said in MvC3, it only registers 1 S Aerial counter every 7 frames? Isn't that actually a good reason to mash on S plus a direction since the game runs at 60 fps? Seems you get 8 chances to counter every actual second.
    Downback saved my life.
    Stand strong, do or die.

naw it means it counts the 1 input of whatever direction+ S you did when the flash happens, the Exchange flash lasts for around 10 frames so pretty much get only 1 shot no matter how many directions you mash.
    .MVY. ~Mad Vega Yomi~
    [Claw | Rashid | Laura]
    ~KoFXIV Hype Zone~
    Iunno.. when I was using a standard xbox controller at John Henry's last Tuesday, it felt like mash S worked for countering pretty well. Not like it's a fail safe, but it seems better than just relying on anticipation for when to counter.
    Downback saved my life.
    Stand strong, do or die.

up to you dude, it was just luck and you happened to press the same direction as the exchanger is all. I know this coz Chris fuckin LOOOVED that exchange crap and I've tried every method there is (mashing, Holding the direction, watching his hand lol) and the best way is to basically hold whatever direction you think theyll exchange and keep mashing S.
    .MVY. ~Mad Vega Yomi~
    [Claw | Rashid | Laura]
    ~KoFXIV Hype Zone~
  • the_king_of_tacosthe_king_of_tacos Joined: Posts: 31
    i got a spare TE seth and i'll sell it to ya for $50, though it is for 360
    PSN: Magyver_WSA
    i got a spare TE seth and i'll sell it to ya for $50, though it is for 360
    eh, no need for a 360 stick since I have no 360... I think I'm going to ease off the games for awhile seeing as they haven't gotten me anything more than emptier pockets.. my bad though..
    Downback saved my life.
    Stand strong, do or die.

• Taiga_KneeTaiga_Knee Facsimileclock4 Joined: Posts: 1,129
    eh, no need for a 360 stick since I have no 360... I think I'm going to ease off the games for awhile seeing as they haven't gotten me anything more than emptier pockets.. my bad though..
    i have a spare joystick and some parts lying around. I'll see what parts i have.
    Read this for those who play alot of marvel- it's funny. It's the 12 steps to quitting the addiction.
    http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=91720
  • MarkManMarkMan BRAND & COMMUNITY ADVISOR FOR TEKKEN | EVO BIZ DEV | ? ? ? Joined: Posts: 5,164 mod
    So I think I'm gonna get UMvC3 once Heroes and Heralds drops. But sad news: My stick is pretty much dead now. Dropped one too many times on the stick itself.. I need to get some new parts to swap out and see if that makes any difference. If anybody has spare parts, or knows where to get good parts fairly cheap, lemme know. I know Black Friday is coming up, but I'd rather just fix my sticks (yes I have another one - MadCatz SE) than buy a new one. Seeing Markman playing on pad at NWM broke my heart, and lost my respect.

Also Amir, you said in MvC3, it only registers 1 S Aerial counter every 7 frames? Isn't that actually a good reason to mash on S plus a direction since the game runs at 60 fps? Seems you get 8 chances to counter every actual second.

lol. i was only playing on pad because i didn't bring a stick and i didn't want to borrow/bug anyone for theirs.

sorry to butt in, but yeah. ;P
    Damn yo,You're never safe from the Markman, he will find you even if you're in the whacky Eugene thread lolololol

anyways, who's hype dudes? KoFXIII comes out today, Umvc3 came out last week, 2 very fun games and yet NOBODY wants to play or session? The fuck? So if its not Ass Edition then no one cares? Is there a law against playing non-shitty games in this town?..

I have friend coming down from Salem tonight to have some day 1 XIII matches and some Ultimate goodness as well. Anyone is welcome to come over, chill and play some games. Address is in one of my earlier posts in this page, hit me up with a PM (or a text if u have my no.) If you're coming.
    Should be a fun day LETS GO!!
    .MVY. ~Mad Vega Yomi~
    [Claw | Rashid | Laura]
    ~KoFXIV Hype Zone~
    Haha I guess that's what's up? I didn't mean any hate, just seemed unusual for the Madcatz guy to be rocking pad. Also somehow I knew Markman was going to take notice of my post. Seems like the type who needs to search himself.

Yeah and Amir if I felt I had the money to splurge to get ultimate (or a new stick), I'd be interested, but as of now, I'm kind of strapped for cash, and need to hit up the job front if there even is one at this point. Also the weather's been bad, so I've been homebodying.
    Downback saved my life.
    Stand strong, do or die.

you dont have to buy it you know? Theo played SF4 for like a year without even having a console (and he was good enough to win tournaments and stuff). You can still come to sessions and play, chill and have fun.
    .MVY. ~Mad Vega Yomi~
    [Claw | Rashid | Laura]
    ~KoFXIV Hype Zone~
  • the_king_of_tacosthe_king_of_tacos Joined: Posts: 31
    If you guys want to session on Friday I'm down
    PSN: Magyver_WSA
    I didn't mean any hate
    Seems like the type who needs to search himself.
    Seth casts irony and it was successful! Also dude, I told you that I have a spare joystick and some other parts. I know I have some buttons around here. What do you need?

Session this weekend sounds good. Amir, sounds like you want to play KOf. Someone could bring a second setup and we could have that going.
    Read this for those who play alot of marvel- it's funny. It's the 12 steps to quitting the addiction.
  • MarkManMarkMan BRAND & COMMUNITY ADVISOR FOR TEKKEN | EVO BIZ DEV | ? ? ? Joined: Posts: 5,164 mod
    The type that needs to search myself? What's that supposed to mean?

I'll tell you why I do it. It's because I want to help people if they have questions or if I miss anything on the forums in regards to things I'm part of or work on.

I'm don't mean any hate either but...

A) You said you lost respect because I was using what was available at an event
    B) You generalized that I am the type to search myself in negative fashion

I like the internet too but I also like to leave good impressions on people.

I'll tell you why I do it. It's because I want to help people if they have questions or if I miss anything on the forums in regards to things I'm part of or work on.

Seth likes to use odd sentences sometimes Mark, as he is an artist and poet. I think he is trying to get at the underpinnings of the 99%, Salvador Dali's unique sleeping methods, and the fact that we love you. Also, te's are gdlk. Well done for any contribution that you have made there. :)

Edit- this may be my bad. Maybe Seth did mean that you need to search yourself in the sense that you have a lot of stuff going on and need to be a part of it by searching. I could have read it wrong.
    Thanks. Also if you guys actually do something in your area, don't hesitate to hit me up for support. ^.^
    Thanks. Also if you guys actually do something in your area, don't hesitate to hit me up for support. ^.^
    Did I mention that we need 2000 extra cheap te's? Naw, for serious though, there is a barcade happening here, which is cool for the 2 neighboring towns of about 400,000 ppl (or so).

Hey Markman, never listen to Taiga_Knee, because he is good at misinterpreting what I type. I suppose what I said was open-ended enough that it could be misread, but I meant exactly what I said. Seeing as you're Markman, and this is SRK, it's reasonable to search yourself on this website. Just as Mr.Wizard, Valle, etc., seem like the type who could need to search themselves. Y'all are running the show. I'm not saying you need to reevaluate your life or something...

And yeah, I do appreciate what you + Madcatz have done for the FG community, I'm not a chump who doesn't know better.
    -Seth
    Downback saved my life.
    Stand strong, do or die.

Hey Markman, never listen to Taiga_Knee, because he is good at misinterpreting what I type
    -Seth
    Lol. Thanks Seth. Way to represent.

P.S. When someone is brought up "needing" to search themselves, I would say that it has been used in a negative connotation maybe 80-90% of the time, so that wasn't an unreasonable reading. I also think that, coupled with your previous comment of "Seeing Mark man use pad broke my heart and lost my respect" could easily lead one to think that your next comment was in ill will. But like I said, might be my bad. So whoops.

On the other hand, here is a funny video regarding googling oneself.
    I have a jlf that I'm not using that may work. I was getting some weak down inputs with it but it mostly subsided and I got an ls-32 because I don't like the jlf. You also may be able to take a switch from yours or something. Anyway, its available if you want to try it out.

Is the srk lounge 21+?
    Is the srk lounge 21+?

its all ages till 5 pm, then its 21+ coz theyll be serving alcohol.
    .MVY. ~Mad Vega Yomi~
    [Claw | Rashid | Laura]
    ~KoFXIV Hype Zone~

Jump to 49:30 for a real classic street fighter 4 moment... lolz.
    Downback saved my life.
    Stand strong, do or die.

Wow. Here's a set from Xian and Nekojita (arguably the best Abel in the world). I had heard of armor cancels before and seen a couple, but didn't know there were that many. Here, see Abel cancel EX Change of Direction to Falling Sky. Basically what happens is the EX COD can eat one hit, like a focus, but it's canceled so quickly into falling sky that it takes NO METER. Also, hearing Nekojita play is like music. He double taps everything and plinks everything. Cancel is at 15:59.

Apparently the EX COD can be cancelled into Falling sky, Marseilles roll, and Command Grab. So cheap. Wonder how many other characters have gdlk armor cancels.
    Gen has them too but theyre fuckin worthless with him.
    .MVY. ~Mad Vega Yomi~
    [Claw | Rashid | Laura]
    ~KoFXIV Hype Zone~
    Ya Balrog can do a EX dash and eat 2 hits instead of one. He can EX dash XX Ultra and use no super meter, but eat a hit. He can also do ex dash XX headbutt and use no meter. I bet that's how Fuerte's run -eat like 4 hits thing works.
    fuerte's run is different coz his EX run eats 2 hits and has like no recovery so u can just do 2 or more back to back.
    .MVY. ~Mad Vega Yomi~
    [Claw | Rashid | Laura]
    ~KoFXIV Hype Zone~
    You get 4 hits with one EX run. derp.
  • ShinJuggaloShinJuggalo Nintendo Power Joined: Posts: 61
    Hey, I'm new to the area and just wanted to get my name out there. Live around River Road. Hopin to get in on some SF action with some friendly folk. Main Remy in SF3 Third Strike, Guile, Fuerte, and Gief in SSF4, and dabble in MVC3.
    Names Kyle, btw.
    This legacy...It sounds pretty legendary.
    sup dude. I'm Seth. Live next to the U of O so I'm kinda far out from you. could be worse I guess.

I'm not sure when we're looking to session next, but I'm thinking sometime after this week, perhaps this weekend. I play AE and some MVC3. really looking to try out KoF13 soon.
    Downback saved my life.
    Stand strong, do or die.

Sup new guy. ex-SF4 player here, only play KoF and Ultimate now. I dabble in 3s but my Hugo sucks =/. You can call me Amir/Vince/Blaze, whatever works for you lol.
    until the new Shoryuken league venue is open my place is pretty much the go-to for sessions, I have finals till Tuesday so I'll start hitting people up for sessions later on. PM me your cell # if u want me to hit u up for our next session.

I'd host a session on tuesday but I'll be driving up to Salem to get some KoF practice in, people are welcome to tag along but i dont think anyone in eugene plays it (not yet at least)
    .MVY. ~Mad Vega Yomi~
    [Claw | Rashid | Laura]
    ~KoFXIV Hype Zone~
    yo Amir, you think tomorrow I could borrow UMVC3 and/or KOF? :P I'm seriously wondering, but I won't be offended or surprised if you say no. I'll give you back AE as collateral.
    Downback saved my life.
    Stand strong, do or die.

burn AE for all I care dude lol, and yeah you can borrow them I wont be able to play till Wednesday anyway.
    .MVY. ~Mad Vega Yomi~
    [Claw | Rashid | Laura]
    ~KoFXIV Hype Zone~
    Hey, I'm new to the area and just wanted to get my name out there. Live around River Road. Hopin to get in on some SF action with some friendly folk. Main Remy in SF3 Third Strike, Guile, Fuerte, and Gief in SSF4, and dabble in MVC3.
    Names Kyle, btw.
    Sup dude. Im' that dude that told you to check the EUG thread when you when you posted on best bout's page. Theo. Welcome.

Eternal blaze also goes by trollmasterflexalot. I think he prefers to go by that. They community here is very welcoming and the people are great, so enjoy your stay. Did you move here for good? And how far out river road are you?
    You can call me Ultimatroll, whatever works for you lol.

KoF practice in, people are welcome to tag along but i dont think anyone in eugene plays it (not yet at least)
    I pray it. I so good. Might even get some games in the Caly peeps while I'm here. Err oh err.
    nah you're too hung up on Ass Edition and marvel vs crapcom 2 to play any good games so I'm sure you wont play it.
    .MVY. ~Mad Vega Yomi~
    [Claw | Rashid | Laura]
    ~KoFXIV Hype Zone~
    nah you're too hung up on Ass Edition and marvel vs crapcom 2 to play any good games so I'm sure you wont play it.
    Lol. you were the self proclaimed master troll. My comment had nothing to do with sf. You know I already play sf3, sf2, mvc3, and kof with you and will play other things. Hows finals going lol.