Eugene Area Tournaments Thread!

Comments

• Taiga_KneeTaiga_Knee Facsimileclock4 Joined: Posts: 1,129
    nah man

Lawl. U have a box? U should buy anniversary edition from me for $15. I'm prob not going to play it.
    Read this for those who play alot of marvel- it's funny. It's the 12 steps to quitting the addiction.
    http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=91720
  • MadMardigan01MadMardigan01 Joined: Posts: 51
    chris vs sam b mss grand finals, my prediction
  • alphonsejolyalphonsejoly Joined: Posts: 90
    frying pan vs rocket punch finals my prediction
    I played Adon before EVO 2010 made him cool.

GG or BS: The NW SSF4 Drinking Game!
    http://shoryuken.com/f22/gg-bs-nw-ssf4-drinking-game-243288/
  • DimeDime Wasting time Joined: Posts: 11,094
    so whats the addy for this tournament? i live on 11th and oak patch rd. hope its close.

-dime
    Gettin' my derp on.
  • MetroxylonMetroxylon Missing link? Joined: Posts: 2,633
    1501 Mohawk Blvd, Springfield Oregon

And it looks like you're hella far away.
    Are you clutch or crutch?
    Downback saved my life.
    Stand strong, do or die.

https://youtube.com/user/SaveReplayandQuit/videos
  • TrulyAmiracleTrulyAmiracle Mobility Spammer~ Joined: Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    if he's on 11th then taking 2 buses there shouldnt be a problem as the station is close by, and by car (if you have one) it'll take 20 minutes maximum.
    .MVY. ~Mad Vega Yomi~
    [PSN/XBL/Steam: TrulyAmiracle]

[Mian/Ralf/Meitenkun | MonsterHunter/Jedah | Gotenks/#21/Caulifla]
    [Eliza | StarFire | Menat | Jacqui | Hisako | Amane | Nyo-Tengu]
  • LawrencIUMLawrencIUM Joined: Posts: 148
    Lawl. U have a box? U should buy anniversary edition from me for $15. I'm prob not going to play it.

yo son ima need some greens if im coming down there.

"It's Mahvel Nigga"

its probably gonna me, sam b and my home boy.

money match mvc2 first to 10 for $20 Theo!
    Play "Smart" not "Hard"
    yo son ima need some greens if im coming down there.

"It's Mahvel Nigga"

its probably gonna me, sam b and my home boy.

money match mvc2 first to 10 for $20 Theo!

Tight dude. Hope to see you down here.

First to 10 LETS GO!
    Read this for those who play alot of marvel- it's funny. It's the 12 steps to quitting the addiction.
    8 miles is hella close compared to shit in cali so its cool, plus i got a car so its no biggie at all. what time is this tournie going down and whats the buy in and what time does it stop... etc. etc.

-dime
    Gettin' my derp on.
  • MrjoemamaMrjoemama Joined: Posts: 36
    What system?!?!

What system do you guys run the tournaments on?

I'm asking because...

360=In

PS3=Out (No stick)

Thanks!
    you can borrow a stick from any of the other peeps if its for Ps3, but the main system is 360 usually.
    .MVY. ~Mad Vega Yomi~

What system do you guys run the tournaments on?

I'm asking because...

360=In

PS3=Out (No stick)

Thanks!

i can bring my ps3 with two sticks ,mvc2, mvc3 and SSF4. we need a another TV Tho!
    Play "Smart" not "Hard"
  • ShoryukenLeagueShoryukenLeague Fight Promoter Joined: Posts: 186
    We're running on both systems actually, so never fear! There will be gear to use for both systems as well, but like usual, bring sticks, games, whatever, anything brought will assuredly be put to use!
    "To KO your enemies, to see them eliminated before you and to hear the lamentation of their teammates."
    "And better still if you do it in front of everybody they know."
  • Kwyjibo123Kwyjibo123 Stuttering Cody Joined: Posts: 300
    So does the tournament start at 3 or is that when we can start showing up?
    I kick so much ass you'll probably go blind
  • Yzae BYzae B FGTV Member Joined: Posts: 247
    It's gonna be starting at 3, so try and be there about 2:30pm for registration and sign ups.
    Official YouTube Channel
    http://www.youtube.com/yzaeb
    i can bring my ps3 with two sticks ,mvc2, mvc3 and SSF4. we need a another TV Tho!
    Will u hook me up with me your number again, or Sams?? I dont have my phone, cause these stupid sweat pants eject things out of the pockets. It would be tight if I could ride with you, as I am not driving anymore. I have tha gas moniez. Let me know plz.
    We're running on both systems actually, so never fear! There will be gear to use for both systems as well, but like usual, bring sticks, games, whatever, anything brought will assuredly be put to use!

Yo can u bring an extra monitor so Lawrence and I can run a ft10 fo $20?
    Cool, I can bring another monitor or two. Looks like my homie who was going to provide two 360 setups ended up out of town last night and probably isn't going to make it though, so I'm on the hunt for two 360s and two copies of both ssf4 and mvc3 for 360. If anyone can definitely bring some of those items let me know so I can scratch them off the list.

I'm working on chasing gear down other places besides here so don't worry too much, but definitely post and let me know if you can bring something!
    "To KO your enemies, to see them eliminated before you and to hear the lamentation of their teammates."
    Will u hook me up with me your number again, or Sams?? I dont have my phone, cause these stupid sweat pants eject things out of the pockets. It would be tight if I could ride with you, as I am not driving anymore. I have tha gas moniez. Let me know plz.

i dont have a cell number. this is my home boys number who im driving with 503-421-2376

samb 971-344-4676

"1055 Pinewood Terrace, Eugene, Or" same address?
    Play "Smart" not "Hard"
    We have the two x-box systems, now all we need is a couple more games. If anyone has a copy of Super Street Fighter 4 or Marvel VS Capcom 3 they can bring down, it would be appreciated!
    I'll bring another setup if we need one. XBOX 22" Monitor +SSF4 and MvC3.
    Official YouTube Channel
  • Kwyjibo123Kwyjibo123 Stuttering Cody Joined: Posts: 300
    Good games to chris, samb, vitali, seth and everyone else i played. And thanks to Tim for organizing this tournament.
    I kick so much ass you'll probably go blind
    Big thanks to everyone who came out to the tournament! Good shit! Lots of good play, new faces and hype matches!

I'll have the tournament results up in detail this evening.
  • TheRedMenaceTheRedMenace Joined: Posts: 12
    Good games everyone. It was awesome meeting some local players and getting some hyphie matches. You guys showed me that i still have much to learn.

Oh an Tim thanks for throwing the whole thing. Where were you during the MvC2 days?
    "If I ruled the world I'd destroy mankind" Acacia Strain
    Good tournament to everyone who showed up. Shoutouts to Tim (SRK League) for getting the venue locked down and throwing a hype event. Big ups to Sam B for taking 1st in SSF4 also.

Good shit to Vitash in Marvel 3, you impressed me bro. Atleast you almost got revenge on me in Finals. Lol

Special thanks and shoutouts to Sam B (fellow Rich Kid Gaming member), Lawrence and Kevin for all making it down. It was extra fresh kicking it with all you guys.
    Official YouTube Channel
    GG's to everyone i played. shouts to all of the folks i met as well. even the bar goers were hella cool. great community you guys got. too bad i will only be here for a few months.

if anyone wants to get some mvc3 /ssf4 casuals going on let me know. i'm pretty much always available since i dont know anyone out here.

my # is 310 818 1210 or just use a pm.

-dime
    Gettin' my derp on.
    GG's to everyone i played. shouts to all of the folks i met as well. even the bar goers were hella cool. great community you guys got. too bad i will only be here for a few months.

if anyone wants to get some mvc3 /ssf4 casuals going on let me know. i'm pretty much always available since i dont know anyone out here.

my # is 310 818 1210 or just use a pm.

-dime

Yeah man it was good meeting you. We'll get some sessions in for sure, since Spring Break is coming up. Good games/performances to everybody. I got a lot of rust to shake, and I'll try to get more sleep and less drink before the next one :nono:
    Downback saved my life.
    Stand strong, do or die.

Hey, there's a no-cover movie night at john henry's tonight, and they've got a 360 setup going back by the arcade cabs on which we'll be playing MvC3. If anyone wants to get some games in, or just chill and soak up some $2 drinks the way JH pours them (fuckin' insanely strong) come down around 10 and get it on!
  • SuicidalGrandpaSuicidalGrandpa Undeniably Free in 3S Joined: Posts: 3,453
    Ill be 21 by the end of the month, you fools wont be safe for much longer!

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk
    PSN: SGsrk
    SFV ID: BOOTYSWEAT69
    It's about damn time!
    Any news on our next event scheduled? SRKleague, if you need any help with something, let me know. I'd like to get another event published so we can get shit rolling.
    Official YouTube Channel
    yeah I'd like to know whats going on as well, we need some tourneys goin!
    .MVY. ~Mad Vega Yomi~

I'm actually working on an all-ages location in downtown Eugene for the next event, hang tight! I should have confirmation Monday if all goes well.
    Oh, nice! What location are you looking at?
    Official YouTube Channel
  • DrackalDrackal Joined: Posts: 7
    Sup Eugene, anyone here fix red ringed 360's? :(
    Sup Eugene, anyone here fix red ringed 360's? :(

I'd suggest getting ahold of "Eternal Blaze" -- a local player that has alot of connections like that. Might be worth your while.

--

SRKLeague, any news on our next event? I've got a couple of people from Seattle interested in potentially coming down also but we need to start getting it together. If I can help at all, let me know.
    Official YouTube Channel
    Michael Bells, one of the local Dan players who you may have met at an all ages tourney, does just that. I think he was given a bunch of them at school and has fixed multiple one's, and is now selling them. I'll hit him up on fb and see what he says. What red ring is it? I heard there's multiple different ones, and multiple different error messages when you turn it on.

I assume that you're wanting to fix it because you have been crackin out to mvc3 and ssf4 right Drakal?
    ayoooo I got connections? lol

@Taiga:
    its more like different degrees where some are fixable easily and some need total replacements. either way, I'll have to know what it is exactly to see how much/long its gonna cost.
    also theo, freakin pick up your phone..
    .MVY. ~Mad Vega Yomi~

• DrackalDrackal Joined: Posts: 7
    Michael Bells, one of the local Dan players who you may have met at an all ages tourney, does just that. I think he was given a bunch of them at school and has fixed multiple one's, and is now selling them. I'll hit him up on fb and see what he says. What red ring is it? I heard there's multiple different ones, and multiple different error messages when you turn it on.

I assume that you're wanting to fix it because you have been crackin out to mvc3 and ssf4 right Drakal?

The ring it displays is the flashing 3 red lights. Yeah I was playing hella MvC3 for the first couple weeks it was out, but when I tried go back and practice some SSF4, my 360 died.
    ayoooo I got connections? lol

@Taiga:
    its more like different degrees where some are fixable easily and some need total replacements. either way, I'll have to know what it is exactly to see how much/long its gonna cost.
    also theo, freakin pick up your phone..

I'm guessing it would need some replacements since one of my friends already tried to do what would have been a quick fix, which didn't help. After looking online and doing some tests I'm pretty sure the problem involves the heatsinks and x-clamps (which was what my friend tried to quick fix). Also, I bought this 360 refurbished if that helps at all lol.
    k. I fb'ed him. Here's just in case things down work out.
    imgur: the simple image sharer

P.S> Marvel did that on purpose. They put a chip in the game so when you try to play another game, your xbox red rings.
    YO, sounds like Sentinel got Red-Ringed. Gay Gay Pay Oh.:badboy:
    Downback saved my life.
    Stand strong, do or die.