Toe-fu DOJO Thread: Read Recent Posts for Updates!

gmon37gmon37 Seattle DOJO MasterJoined: Posts: 481
:rock:Welcome all street fighters!

My name is Greg and I am the Toe-Fu DOJO master :rock: We host Grind sessions for the NW here at our small DOJO. Our goal is to help all levels of players either hone or improve their game. We will take theories from the lab, then test them in sparring matches. We always welcome new players so, post up if you have any questions and feel free to PM me for info!! We strongly encourage DONATIONS for DOJO upkeep, so if you have attended and support what we are trying to accomplish here, please show support by continuing to attend and possibly a few dollars :china:

Sessions are Saturday nights starting @ 9:30pm(i work till 9:sweat:). I don't want to interfere with GC or the AfroDOJO(SHALL RETURN SOON!!)Raincity or MHC's SRB tourneys.

Schedule:
06/30/2012 - CLOSED :(
07/07/2012 - EVO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
07/14/2012 - Closed Indefinitely for upgrades and revising our plans for Ranbats Season 2!!!

We officially have the Toe-FU DOJO's #1 and #2 headbands!!

#1:karate: HEADBAND: Duggish!! Time Worn: Since 02/04/2012!!!!!!
#2 HEADBAND: SpammerDOJO!! Time Worn: Since 02/04/2012!!

Headband Hall of Fame:
#1. Riki-Oh!! Time Worn: 0910/2011- 02/04/2012
#1. FLW!! Time worn: 06/18/2011-09/10/2011
#1. Duggish! Time Worn: 02/12/11-06/18/11
#2. Duggish! Time Worn: 09/10/2011-02/04/2012
#2. Kuenai!! Time Worn: 12/03/2011-01/07/2012
#2. FLW!! Time worn : 10/29/2011-12/3/2011
#2. Gieft!! Time worn: 08/20/2011-09/10/2011
#2.Jason "Dirty" Cole: 04/16/2011-05/12/2011
#2.Eman "Riki-Oh": 2/12/11-03/06/11;03/06/11-04/16/2011
#2. Barry "spammerDOJO": 06/25/2011-08/20/2011
#2. Gerrick won RR 08/20 and passed it to Gieft.

Headband Challenge Rules:
1. #1 HB challege must be verified by a Toe fu dojo Master.
2. Minimum FT5 for #2 challenge and for #1 challenge.
3. HB challenges will be recorded.
4. Toe fu master must be present during match.
5. Have fun.
6. Players must agree to match rules, setups, sticks and do button check prior.
7. If #2 loses their challenge to #1, they lose their HB as well.
8. Players who are present during loss of #2's HB have the right to challenge others for it.(round robin)
9. If #1 loses to #2, a penalty period of 24hrs goes into effect where they cannot re challenge.
10. Once a player earns their HB, they will then be referred to as "#1" and "#2" respectively.
11. The HBs will be removed and replaced on the swords before departing.
12. Challenges are made in person or via this thread, players have 7 days to respond or forfeit their HB.
13. Once a HB has been earned, the recipient cannot be challenged for 24 hrs.
14. Players challenging #2 must donate 1.00$ dollar to DOJO fund.

Featured VIDEO:

One vid will be highlighted every so often to spotlight a hype moment ect.
Thanks for all the ideas, training and support from the community!

PM me for address or any other info!

-Greg :china:
SF3: Sean (Pink), Dudley (Pink), Urien (Papa Smurf)
SFV: Guile, Urien, Nash

Seattle's Toefu DOJO Master.

Comments

• Riki-ohRiki-oh aka Emanuel Joined: Posts: 1,640
    I'll be there. People who miss this don't really like video games, they just like to say they do :razzy:
    "You're just the baby school!"
  • bitqbitq Regsitered User Joined: Posts: 175
    I'll be there for sure! Are you the guy who ran the mystery tourney with NBA Jam and Windjammers? This sounds nice and friendly to go and relax after GC. Thanks Greg!
    The mystery game tournament will be an all fighter tournament with 11 different games. I repeat, 11 different games, all on PS2 or PS1. Lets do work!
  • gmon37gmon37 Seattle DOJO Master Joined: Posts: 481
    I'll be there for sure! Are you the guy who ran the mystery tourney with NBA Jam and Windjammers? This sounds nice and friendly to go and relax after GC. Thanks Greg!

i wish i was lol, that sounds awesome:rock: i do have nba jam on snes for some casuals after the tourneys.

there will be pizza and soda for the hungry folks after the GC event!

i want to run this dojo as an extention of the afroDOJO so all tourney and house rules are the same. there are entry fees for the tourneys but the food is free!:tup:

SSf4 entry fee: 5$
    Mystery game: 2$

• HyreHyre Joined: Posts: 390
    Depending how the GC event goes, I'd like to come out to this.
  • zafo999zafo999 BIDEO JAMES Joined: Posts: 166
    I'm the one who brings NBA Jam to the masses!

Hopefully I can come to this tomorrow if GC doesn't completely wipe me out. I may have my laptop setup handy as I have an outstanding Windjammers money match with bokkin.
  • BokkinBokkin Have gun Will shoot Joined: Posts: 2,135
    ^YEP I'll try to make this just for that
    "I'm a titty fucking kind of guy"
    -MikeHasCookies 2011
    Hey Carlos you think you could give me a lift to this from GC? Georgias got the car tomorrow night for her job so I'm looking for some help getting around tomorrow.
    The Toe-Fu Title goes to Riki-oh!! congrats my friend!!:rock:

many thanks to all that came out to the toe-fu tourney! special thanks to cole and mor for the help with the brackets:sweat: also, thanks to Chris, Zafo, Georgia, Ryan e. and bowflexmike for coming out! i hope to see more people week after next!

This was awesome. Thanks for hosting!
  • X20ASTRIKEFREEDOMX20ASTRIKEFREEDOM Aka. Kusanagi-Style Joined: Posts: 809
    What's up greg I'm probably gonna have to hit up one of your tourny's when I'm up there.
    Villains

[Krax - lvl 30] [Scyfher - lvl 30] [Psycho Frame - lvl 30]
    [Healer/DPS] [Fire Tank] [Mental Controller]

PS3 Countdown Server - DC Universe Online
    What's up greg I'm probably gonna have to hit up one of your tourny's when I'm up there.

for sure dude! you are welcome anytime for casuals. billy, gene and james come out saturday still. let me know my friend!

Also, i ended up with an extra TE stick for 360 after the event. it has a piece of blue tape on the bottom, says "zack" or "zafo" i thought.. no worries, it is being well taken care of.. call me to arrange a pickup..

there will be a casual gathering this saturday but no tourney, the tourney will be at the afroDOJO this week. i will post details on the next Toe-Fu DOJO tourney soon!

1st Toe-Fu quote: "the cake owned everyone" cpr balrog

The Toe-Fu Title goes to Riki-oh!! congrats my friend!!:rock:

many thanks to all that came out to the toe-fu tourney! special thanks to cole and mor for the help with the brackets:sweat: also, thanks to Chris, Zafo, Georgia, Ryan e. and bowflexmike for coming out! i hope to see more people week after next!

After the running 2 tournaments, losing my first match in singles and working my way out of losers to grand finals at the gameclucks tournament, a kick back mini-tournament with a chill group was exactly what I needed. The cake, pizza and games were too fun. Greg and Ike, thank you :china: Hopefully we can get more Rival Schools in soon. I'm hunting for my copy asap :rock:
    After the running 2 tournaments, losing my first match in singles and working my way out of losers to grand finals at the gameclucks tournament, a kick back mini-tournament with a chill group was exactly what I needed. The cake, pizza and games were too fun. Greg and Ike, thank you :china: Hopefully we can get more Rival Schools in soon. I'm hunting for my copy asap :rock:

lol rival schools is nice! no problem on the food front, thats how we do at the Toe-fu DOJO! i should have more pizza this saturday but im holding off on the cake lol:sweat:too buff

for anyone that isnt going to the afroDOJO this saturday , i will be having a casual gathering starting at 9:30pm and depending on the amount of people, we might do a carpool to the afroDOJO.

let me know if you are coming by so i can get the right amount of setups going! see yall this weekend!

Unclaimed stick!!

ATTENTION,

i still have an unclaimed 360 stick at the Toe-Fu DOJO from last weeks tourney:sweat:, its still safe so no worries:tup:.

I'd check with Bowflex. BFM had (i think) a round 1 TE in his trunk that he asked me to bring in for him while he was parking. I brought it in and sat it up against the wall next to your giant row of sticks. I'm not sure if he ever used it so if that's where you found it, it's probably his.
  • MaLauJingMaLauJing Joined: Posts: 10
    This sounds awesome. But where is it at? And when is the next session? Is this going to be an bi-weekly event like afro-dojo?
  • TerranceTerrance Joined: Posts: 306
    wats the address? im trying to hit this u eventually
    "Don’t judge Charlie Sheen until you’ve snorted a mile in his coke."- Seth McFarlane
    This sounds awesome. But where is it at? And when is the next session? Is this going to be an bi-weekly event like afro-dojo?

thanks for showing interest malaujing!:rock: I stay in shoreline right off of balinger way. and yes, it is bi weekly tourneys and casual gatherings on the off weeks. You are more than welcome to come get some games in!

we will have a casual gathering tomorrow night starting 9:30pm for those who cant make it out the afroDOJO.

The next SSF4 tourney is Sautrday 10/9 so be ready!

• Sunny54Sunny54 Joined: Posts: 13
    Hey I may actually stop by for this if I can get an address. Just played a fellow member from this forum and would like to further my learning process of this game.
    Hey I may actually stop by for this if I can get an address. Just played a fellow member from this forum and would like to further my learning process of this game.

sure dude! i used to live in bothell too lol btw, who did you play on here? and i will hit you with the address in a PM. hope you can make it!

• m1nicam1nica Joined: Posts: 112
    i guess your inbox is full gmon, i was wondering if you could send me your address also? thanks :]
    i guess your inbox is full gmon, i was wondering if you could send me your address also? thanks :]

done and done! hope i see you at the tourney!

I'll be there. People who miss this don't really like video games, they just like to say they do :razzy:

quoted for emphasis lol:rock: oh btw, cole is gunnin for the Toe-Fu DOJO title! look out riki!!:nunchuck:

i put a few more details as to the next tourney on the first page! get at me NW!!!

totally random walking home from the store and ran into vagrant lest coming out of mcdonalds! he said he might show up to the saturday tourney!

whats up fellas? no love:sad:

I'll be there of course. Boards are kind of slow but oh well that's how the work week is.
    I'll be there. Are you good on SSF4 setups?
    I should be there. I didn't show up last time even though I said I would, so I have to make up for that!
    sounds good guys!!
    as far as setups go zafo, i will have three like last time. if someone could bring a 360 and ps3 copies of ssf4:sweat: that would be alot of help! there will be food and drinks as well! See yall saturday night!!

I'll bring my xbox copy of the game.
    I'll bring my xbox copy of the game.

sweet!! thanks dude!!

• Good_Not_GreatGood_Not_Great Joined: Posts: 39
    i had fun haha
    Toe-Fu Tourney 10/9 top three!!

1st - Duggish - E.Honda
    2nd - Riki-oh - Adon/Bison
    3rd - TanakaForce - Guy

CONGRATS to Duggish muggish fresh takin the #1 head band :karate:from riki oh!! I want to thanks everyone who came out!! Vagrant, Chris, Austin, Bokkin, Zafo & Georgia, Riki oh & Mor, bitq w/ friend:sweat:(forgot her name), FrankDadank, Mickey D, Mark(good show at 5th place sir!!!), Mechanica and mike:rock:

we missed you kkf and cole!! i hope your event tonight at the AfroDOJO pops off!! i really hope to see yall at the next tourney!!

thanks again to everyone for coming out!! see yall sonn i hope!!

-Greg & Uriah
    Toe-Fu DOJO masters:karate:

• Dmoney0228Dmoney0228 Joined: Posts: 23
    Hey Gmon, can you message me with the address and time? casuals this saturday? My friend and I were looking for a local scene, if you need us to bring anything, we got PS3 copies and sticks.
    Standing Short to STUN
    Hey Gmon, can you message me with the address and time? casuals this saturday? My friend and I were looking for a local scene, if you need us to bring anything, we got PS3 copies and sticks.

sweet!! i got you the address in a PM. as far as equipment, i would bring your ps3 sticks if you prefer to use your own. other than that, i think we are good:tup:!! thanks again for the interest homie:rock:!! session starts saturday night 9:30pm!!

-Greg

the dojo will be open tonight at 9:30pm as usual! see yall tonight for casuals!!:rock:

10/16 recap..

Thanks To everyone who came out to the DOJO this weekend!!

We had a great turnout for a casual night. A really special thanks to the tacoma guys who came down(slash, rob, ronnicle). I hope you guys can make it out again! I do want to get more advice on the stream set-up slash so i will keep in touch! Thanks to Riki-oh & mor, Zafo999 & Georgia, Duggish, FrAnkDADAnk, Bowflexmike, Bokkin, tanakaForce and Afrocole for coming!! my bad if i missed anyone:sweat:

Another special thanks to C.P.R for bringing the extra monitor which allowed for the 3rd strike bracket to happen!
    Here are the results from the 3s Tourney!
    1st - Jason Cole!!- Urien/Necro
    2nd - TankakaForce - Ryu
    3rd - Gmon37 - Sean/Urien
    5th - Ronnicle - Ryu
    5th - Rob - Chun-li

Congrats to BitQ for taking my #19 spot on the AfroDOJO ladder:crybaby:!! lol we had an epic battle of first to five that ended with a score of 5-4!! soo close!!!:rock: i want to play that matchup more! I am weak against an aggrssive ambiguous cammy,any tips from my performance??@ bokkin and Zafo as well..

Sunny(eric),Dmoney(dustin) and your buddy(honda player), i appreciate you guys coming out! i hope you can make it on a consistant basis! we need more strong players to spar with!!

in conclusion, great night! thanks again for coming out everyone! hope you can make it to next weeks tourney!! will dugg be there to defend his title?!

Stay up everyone!!:tup:

-Greg & Uriah
    Toe-Fu DOJO Masters

• Sunny54Sunny54 Joined: Posts: 13
    Hey Greg, it was a pleasure attending this gathering of fighters and I hope to meet more people as well!
  • RonnicleRonnicle You are beneath me Joined: Posts: 899
    3s is to godlike.
    This place is really nice, I'll have to make sure and stop by next time I am in town.
    Thanks for having me over Greg!!!
    "yo is it sad that i felt good after a set with my boy ronnicle (playin' sagat) and he won 54-17 lol"
    youtube.com/user/sparkthisblunt
    3s is to godlike.
    This place is really nice, I'll have to make sure and stop by next time I am in town.
    Thanks for having me over Greg!!!

no prob ronnicle and sunny!! i will have to start training in 3s for the next tourney.

BTW, LOST AND FOUND!!
    i have located black face fossil watch, it is safe at the toe-fuDOJO! i heard from cole it might belong to cpr.. hit me up!!