Toe-fu DOJO Thread: Read Recent Posts for Updates!

Comments

• Finelikewine49Finelikewine49 GO HOME AND BE A 12TH MAN! Joined: Posts: 143
    ahhhh....i love getting called free ;)
    "control yourself, let others do as they will"
  • RisingChurchRisingChurch Bass Bass Wub Wub Wub Joined: Posts: 456
    Thanks for hosting the Oly crew last night Greg! it was a lot of fun.
  • Lord_RaptorLord_Raptor Joined: Posts: 8,809
    Was fun last night, was nice to get in a large series of matches in Marvel adn really work on some of my problems.
    Are you right? Are you READY!?
  • gmon37gmon37 Seattle DOJO Master Joined: Posts: 481
    Thanks for hosting the Oly crew last night Greg! it was a lot of fun.

Thanks for coming out to SRB and the DOJO guys! I really appreciate you guys signing the poster and hanging out! Hope to see the oly crew soon again! :china:
    Was fun last night, was nice to get in a large series of matches in Marvel adn really work on some of my problems.

Thats why we are here, post up any matchup questions here that way we can clear out this ghost town we call the DOJO thread lol.

Shout out to Muggish for challenging #1 for his headband!!
    SF3: Sean (Pink), Dudley (Pink), Urien (Papa Smurf)
    SFV: Guile, Urien, Nash

Seattle's Toefu DOJO Master.
  • Riki-ohRiki-oh aka Emanuel Joined: Posts: 1,638
    I got challenged? When? Regardless I accept. I've learned the wonders of counterpicking :coffee:
    "You're just the baby school!"
    I got challenged? When? Regardless I accept. I've learned the wonders of counterpicking :coffee:

yeah, he challenges you via fb. I figured I should post it here so you know.

Dont do it Eman, it sounds good now, but ul lose confidence in your main!....on the other hand, i would like to see that rush down Guile of yours.
    Another Castle is hosting a tournament for all NW player who think they can take the crown! The event will feature King of Fighters 13 singles, Ultimate Marvel 3 singels and the main event, a 2v2 Street Fighter team tournament!! The event will also feature a VIRTUA ON SI
    DE TOURNAMENT to add to the hype!
    Venue fee: (KOF) $5 ; (UMvC3) $5 (AE) $5 per team.
    Entry fee: (KOF) $10; (UMvC3) $10 (AE) $15 per team.
    *The Virtua On Side tournament is cab cost, 0.50 cents per match*
    The Event will start at 4 to allow for setup and for people to show up.
    *Schedule*
    KOF starts 4:30PM-5.
    UMvC3 starts 6:00PM *when KOF ends.
    AE TEAMS starts 7:30PM * when UMvC3 ends.
    If anyone is willing to help with setups, venue fee will be waived for help with monitors and either ps3 or 360( more popular) console! we need 4 more as I am providing 1.
    MONITORS
    1. Greg
    2. Dugg
    3. Barry
    4. Monica
    5. Jeff
    CONSOLES(make sure consoles are updated with any needed patches)
    1. Greg (ps3) w/2012, UMvC3 and KOF.
    2. Uriah (ps3) w/ 2012, UMvC3.
    3. Dugg (ps3) w/ 2012 and KOF
    4. Barry (ps3) W/2012
    5. Deniz (360) w/everything.
    6. Jeff(360) w/everything.
    **BRING STICKS & GAME DISCS PLEASE**
    The owner was very happy with the turnout for the Random select tournament we hosted there last year(12 people?!). This time, we need to show the numbers for these games. He is open to the idea of having monthly tournaments for any game that will bring people. I have been averaging about 20 people at the DOJO saturday nights so I know we can show support the the best game store in town!
    I really didn't want to put this but this also happens to be my birthday, so come show some love for the DOJO. Your gift to me is to play some SF lol. see you then!!!

• szeleale82szeleale82 Joined: Posts: 46
    when is this tourney?
    Wow
  • Riki-ohRiki-oh aka Emanuel Joined: Posts: 1,638
    You're right Jeff, I should use my main more often even if it does get boring. I'll be there for another castle, especially for Virtual On! I've been trying to convince Mor to train up in SF with me, but Dynasty Warriors Gundam 3 and super nintendo are so addicting.
    "You're just the baby school!"
  • DuggishDuggish ... Joined: Posts: 2,213
    Dynasty Warriors Gundam 3!
    in training...
  • Loz990Loz990 SRKUW|Loz Joined: Posts: 199
    Headband Challenge is up!

Really looking forward to this Saturday (Dante's and then the ranbats).
    Regular attendee of Thursday Night Fights at GameClucks, the Toe-Fu DOJO, and SRK UW.
    Skullgirls: New Age of Heroines - Old school freedom with tournament balance - EVO Panel
  • SamuelioSamuelio Joined: Posts: 203
    Hey Greg! Sorry Brian and I haven't been able to make it out in a while; he's been busy with family over the holiday. He'll be on vacation for a month, but I'm definitely looking to make it out there more. Also, Another Castle is hella dope. Making it out there for sure.
    Tetris DS: 7956 3220 6653
    no worries sam, i sure hope you can get in our ranbats starting this week! and yes another castle is dope indeed!

Barry's system is ae2012 only, to update your post with.
    in training...
    Barry's system is ae2012 only, to update your post with.

Done, still need complete KOF setups for the Another Castle event on the 18th, who can help out?

Just a reminder, this weekend is the return of Zafos mystery game also, now introducing the Ranbat season!! Ranbat season will incluse Mystery Games, UMvC3 ans AE 2012!!!

Done, still need complete KOF setups for the Another Castle event on the 18th, who can help out?

I can bring my setup
  • Th@tguyTh@tguy Joined: Posts: 5
    Ok Greg said this before but here is a lil more Detail.

Ok Everyone!!! Come to the first of many Ranbat at The Toe-fu Dojo. There is going to be a fundraiser for Ultimate Marvel vs. 3. & Mystery Games tournament. Oh ya .... Did I mention there is going to be Prizes and Catered food from Gourmet Your Way Catering LLC. If you have not, pleases do take some time to sign our Ken poster, we are sitting on 80 signatures right now, we are trying to get to a 100. Its all going dooown after Dante's. Hope to see you here, at the one and only TOE-FU DOJO!!!

PS come like us on facebook page and our event page

http://www.facebook.com/events/360795570599494/

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Toe-Fu-DOJO/163778483697647
    Dont care who your, its going doooown at Toefu dojo
    Toefu master
    I can bring my setup

sweet dude, i will add you too the updated setup list. :china:

• spammerdojospammerdojo Joined: Posts: 147
    step 1 gain no. 2 headband through round robin....complete
    step 2 defend no. 2 headband through challenges...complete
    step 3 expose Dug for the fraud he is...to be continued

let go...challenge on.
    I now realize that it's not that people are stupid, I'm just too smart.
    step 1 gain no. 2 headband through round robin....complete
    step 2 defend no. 2 headband through challenges...complete
    step 3 expose Dug for the fraud he is...to be continued

let go...challenge on.

Oh snap!! its on!! #2 has officially challenged #1!

AE Teams 2v2 - Grand Finals - Looking Zen Feeling Zen (Duggish & Mr.K) vs Tardy N Salty (Gieft & AfroCole)

#2 Headband Challenge - TFD Kaleo vs CPR
    Playlist: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL31897499DCA2F69E
    Regular attendee of Thursday Night Fights at GameClucks, the Toe-Fu DOJO, and SRK UW.
    Skullgirls: New Age of Heroines - Old school freedom with tournament balance - EVO Panel
    thanks for opening your doors to us again greg...the most hype had to be the Raphael mirror match in the Ninja Turtles Tournament Fighter game last night, we need a fuckin tournament for that sir!
  • Gimpyfish62Gimpyfish62 Master of Bowser Joined: Posts: 1,820
    do you normally stream anything that goes on here? i'm getting capture equipmnt shipped to me in (hopefully) two days and i want a place to practice some streaming setups - if you aren't already then... may i?

also, i plan on coming to every single one of these that ever happens as soon as SFxT hits next week.
    "He's the Tony Stark of Captain America." ~Bokkin
    dat sig
    in training...
    do you normally stream anything that goes on here? i'm getting capture equipmnt shipped to me in (hopefully) two days and i want a place to practice some streaming setups - if you aren't already then... may i?

also, i plan on coming to every single one of these that ever happens as soon as SFxT hits next week.

I guess Deniz, you, and I all have recording equipment that we can bring now. If your stuff is fancy, then you should totally bring that in!
  • Gimpyfish62Gimpyfish62 Master of Bowser Joined: Posts: 1,820
    its very fancy but i don't know how to use it yet - blackmagic intensity extreme, 720p at 60fps

gonna be beautiful

when i figure it out of course lol
    "He's the Tony Stark of Captain America." ~Bokkin
  • bitqbitq Regsitered User Joined: Posts: 175
    dojo open tonight?
    hoping so, trying to get some game on +headband match!
    in training...
    #1 Headband Challenge - Duggish vs TFD Kaleo

I'll be there next week after Lunchbox. It ended a little before when the DOJO normally opens so I don't think there's any conflict if we want to do anything.
    Where's everyone been? Last two weeks have been low attendance, possibly with other events going on people were spread out, but I keep being asked where session are held. Get out here people...let go!

Greg-Need to update page 1 for upcoming events, need to change my headband dates, since I technically lost it for 1 week til last Saturday. You need to be enforcing rule no. 14, help the dojo out people, don't come at me without a roll of 1s.

To clarify for people since this keeps coming up. The round robin for the headband is 2/3 games, but you keep track of win/ loss. If you lose a game but win the set you actually are only +1 vs if you win both games in the set you are +2. You could win every 2/3 but still not take the headband if you lose 1 game to every person. Win every game!

I did regain my no. 2 headband in SF4 through the round robin last Saturday, who wants a piece of this?

Don't sleep on your SF4 game now that SFXT is out, once people realize this game is for scrubs they'll be back.
    Hm. Interest in headbands is dead. Needs a revival, and rule #14 I still don't personally agree with as it further dissuades new interest in participating. Brainstorm session soon. Also the point ruling for the round robin seems whack...but doesn't really concern me I guess.

Don't forget to learn new games, once you realize you're only beating newbies that are still playing 4, you'll wish you played more games.
    in training...
    Where's everyone been?

Apparently they were all waiting for the one week you couldn't show because it was an especially good night at the DOJO. Most of the people from the Another Castle event came over with more arriving later. Speaking off...

Partial Results

AE 2012 (7 Entrants)
    1. Finelikewine49
    2. Riki-Oh
    3. PNO

UMvC3 (6 Entrants)
    1. TFD Loz
    2. TFD bitq
    3. Hyre
    0Fkc3.gif
    1: Finelikewine49
    2: Riki-Oh
    3: PNO
    4: AfroCole
    5: Duggish
    5: CPR
    7: Gieft
    gkqRR.gif
    1: Loz
    2: bitq
    3: Hyre
    4: Mechanica
    5: CPR
    5: AfroCole
    I had a really great Saturday. Thanks Greg!
    Where's everyone been? Last two weeks have been low attendance, possibly with other events going on people were spread out, but I keep being asked where session are held. Get out here people...let go!

Greg-Need to update page 1 for upcoming events, need to change my headband dates, since I technically lost it for 1 week til last Saturday. You need to be enforcing rule no. 14, help the dojo out people, don't come at me without a roll of 1s.

To clarify for people since this keeps coming up. The round robin for the headband is 2/3 games, but you keep track of win/ loss. If you lose a game but win the set you actually are only +1 vs if you win both games in the set you are +2. You could win every 2/3 but still not take the headband if you lose 1 game to every person. Win every game!

I did regain my no. 2 headband in SF4 through the round robin last Saturday, who wants a piece of this?

Don't sleep on your SF4 game now that SFXT is out, once people realize this game is for scrubs they'll be back.

I no you hate facebook, but this post wont reach many ppl on srk lol
    Sorry for the hiatus of upkeep in this thread, the schedule has been updated and I will be keeping track of views and activity on this thread from now on. I would like to see character discussions, frame data etc all being discussed here. The next salty runback is quickly approaching and I would like as many people to rep TFD in the brackets as possible! Alot of BIG things on the horizon for the DOJO so get HYPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hm. Interest in headbands is dead. Needs a revival, and rule #14 I still don't personally agree with as it further dissuades new interest in participating. Brainstorm session soon. Also the point ruling for the round robin seems whack...but doesn't really concern me I guess.

Don't forget to learn new games, once you realize you're only beating newbies that are still playing 4, you'll wish you played more games.

I think rule 14 gets rid of challengers that aren't serious about the headband challenge. I would like to see the headband create some interest, but I don't think a couple bucks is the reason people don't challenge. I think people are distracted by other games right now and SF4 isn't the "main" game for everyone like it once was. I still love the challenge system and love Toe-fu dojo!

As for the round robin, I really like the win/ loss system. It makes people take every game/ round serious, which is what we need to become better.

I agree that learning new games is important, but I still haven't achieved everything I wanted out of SF4 yet, I know you feel this way too. I don't want to move on until I feel like I accomplished my goals, at least won a tournament like Lunchbox or SRB. Honestly, and Doug you would know this better than any, that I've been getting back in poker and find myself with much less fighting game time than before and am not in love with these new games. I plan to give SFXT a fair chance and if I don't jive with it then I might jump back on KOF or just grind out SF4. My statement was intended to rekindle the fire in SF4 and make sure people don't forget about it. I think alot of people believe SFXT will replace SF4, I'd hate to see that happen.

Brain storm session begin, give me a call when your available, wait...just walk the 7 feet from your room to mine, lol.
    Greg-we should meet as a group. maybe over some dumplings at DTF?
    I no you hate facebook, but this post wont reach many ppl on srk lol
    agreed, could you reiterate my intentions in a post? Im scared of facebook, lol.
    I do creep on doug's facebook occationally to see what's going on in NWSF, KOF and the events, but I don't like to speak for doug.
    Maybe one day I'll overcome my fear of facebook and join the rest of the world, but you never know, maybe the end of the world is cyborgs hunting down everyone that's on facebook for acting like an ass, lol, and I will be one of the few spared for remaining in the social network shadow.
    Apparently they were all waiting for the one week you couldn't show because it was an especially good night at the DOJO. Most of the people from the Another Castle event came over with more arriving later. Speaking off...

I must smell or be really ugly or something...
    My statement was intended to rekindle the fire in SF4 and make sure people don't forget about it. I think alot of people believe SFXT will replace SF4, I'd hate to see that happen.
    I will say that we've been having more entrants for AE than UMvC3 at GameClucks and Another Castle.

Who's going to be at the DOJO this Saturday? I'll be there.
    I will say that we've been having more entrants for AE than UMvC3 at GameClucks and Another Castle.

Who's going to be at the DOJO this Saturday? I'll be there.

word, I will be there too! I need to level up my sf4 guile!

The Ranbat schedule is up on the first page. Whos is all going to EVO this year? Certainly whoever wins our ranbats is!!

Just wanna say I was entering the ranbats before it was cool...er.

I'll be there Saturday with my equipment and two extra bodies, Armand and T-Bone are in town for the week. Gonna get some Marvel in after I take Barry's headband.
    Any way we can get Vampire Savior on sticks going? I SUMMON CPR MAGIC
    in training...
    I will not be in this week due to Sakura-Con. I shall make good on my challenge next week after Another Castle (which I'll be there for) if Barry can make it too.
    So sad, just realized I'll be out of state for 4 different ranbat dates including the finals =o
    in training...
  • bitqbitq Regsitered User Joined: Posts: 175
    I will not be in this week due to Sakura-Con. I shall make good on my challenge next week after Another Castle (which I'll be there for) if Barry can make it too.

LAMEEE

I'll be there for Another Castle AND dojo. Look out for marvel headband/cape madness!
    So sad, just realized I'll be out of state for 4 different ranbat dates including the finals =o

Damn dude...

Dunno if I'll be at Toe-Fu tonight. If I can get a ride back from someone (anyone? lol), I'll be there, but if not, I can't >.>

I'll be at Another Castle for sure.

Edit: Ride found! No recording equipment, but I now have the KOF XIII DLC.
    [Apr 21, 2012] Toe-Fu DOJO AE 2012 & UMvC3 Ranbats
    Visit the Toe-Fu DOJO Ranbats Blog for Previous Results and Current Standings

Partial Results
    UMvC3 (9 Entrants)
    1: Rattana (5 pts)
    2: yes06kin (3 pts)
    3: bitq (1 pts)

AE 2012 (7 Entrants)
    1: AfroCole (5 pts)
    2: Finelikewine49 (3 pts)
    3: Duggish (1 pts)

Full Playlist here

UMvC3 (9 Entrants)
    WEEAy.gif
    1: Rattana
    2: yes06kin
    3: bitq
    4: Soup
    5: Dave O
    5: Sam No
    7: TFD Loz
    7: Wilson
    9: AfroCole

AE 2012 (7 Entrants)
    ynWnC.gif
    1: AfroCole
    2: Finelikewine49
    3: Duggish
    4: Bokkin
    5: TFD Kaleo
    5: _marus
    7: Kevin
    So I'm now 0-5 vs Dave O. Wished that match was recorded, it was really good. Next event looks to be AE 2012, UMvC3, and KOF XIII Ranbats at Another Castle on May 5th. I'll definitely be there.