One Piece Thread: Gear 2nd!

Comments

• white shadowwhite shadow WHAT'S MY NAME NYUKAH?!!! Joined: Posts: 13,621 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG

OSHI I thought Rob Lucci was a renegade, but here is on the upper echelon of the WG, with what looks to be Spandam as his subordinate!

My Theory is that Sanji is the lost son of some Noble. Wasnt he with his parents on a cruise ship or something when he fell into the sea? This would also explain his taste in good food, wine and exquisite women lol. Its in his genes. They didnt recognise him before before of his "ugly" sketch in his wanted poster (which ended up looking like that guy from Shaobody). Now he has a new poster, with his distinctive eyebrow clearly seen, his parents want him back!

I've always wondered about that too. Sanji is from the North Blue, and so far it seems those from that region share Nordic traits (Donquixote family, Montblanc family, Basil Hawkins, X Drake, etc.) . It wouldn't be stretch to assume nobility might be in the mix considering the throwback European vibe of the OP upper class.

Captain Jack has some big brass ones attacking a fleet with some monsters on board. I do want to see Tsuru explicitly show off her ability though.

I'm still laughing about Usopp's statue, what a weird legacy to have. Lol. Gawd Usopp now apart of the bounty trio!

It could be Esther Baxter vs. Pat Morita in drag and half of this board would be like "black chicks don't really turn me on sooo..." - Randomnigga

" Is Wayne Brady gonna have to choke a bitch?!!!"- Wayne Brady from Chappelle's Show. LOL!!!
  • CloudEnvyCloudEnvy I'll drop the freaking moon! Joined: Posts: 899
    I seriously love one piece. It's world is so expansive and in one chapter Oda managed to squeeze in a lot of content that presents a ton of questions for the future.
    Watch me stream with my friends twitch.tv/superscrubbrothers
  • T20thoughtsT20thoughts Shurororororo! Joined: Posts: 1,603
    JOSERUFUS wrote: »
    That guy between Law, Buggy and Apoo plz Goda let it be who I think it is!!
    If it turns out to be a part of buggy's attire imma be super salty

Well, I've gotta ask. Who do you think it is?
  • Negative-Zer0Negative-Zer0 Joined: Posts: 9,701
    Now that Ussop has a clear face on his bounty I wat to see Yassop and Kaya's reaction.
    “I was trying to take the easy way out by running away from everything. No matter the pain, I will keep living. So when I die, I'll feel I did the best I could.” - Koala
  • King9999King9999 Joined: Posts: 10,904 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I think that's part of Buggy's attire.
    Switch Friend Code: SW-2722-8799-3295
    PSN/Steam ID/NNID: mmking9999
    Tile Crusher now available on Android & Itch.io!
    "On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." -Satoru Iwata, 1959-2015
  • BB_HoodyBB_Hoody Nice plane you have there. Be a Shame if something went wrong in flight and it crashed Joined: Posts: 4,907
    Rob Lucci is back. HYPE!!! But how in the hell is he working with the most secretive and elite of the Cipher Pol groups. So high up that they answer to the Gorosei directly? Can't wait for that to be explained. Also judging from his words he seems to have really changed as a person.

That Luffy Senpai ship is hallarious..

Chopper is a legit badass now. Like 100mill for chopper??? Like damn imagine how some other pirates must feel that this adorable lil reindeer kid's name rings out more than theirs.

That captain Jack guy has some brass ones I'll give him that. Actually gonna attack a Marine convoy rolling that deep with an Admiral and former Fleet Admiral on board. Doffy must be REALLY important. Also Doffy always gives the best philosophical rants. Just like he did at Marineford. This war for the throne sounds epic.

And that theory about Sanji being a prince or a celestial dragon is starting to sound legit seeing as he's the only wanted poster that is stated wanted alive ever in One Piece.

• GravityGravity Joined: Posts: 2,400
    edited September 2015
    I enjoyed that chapter. Sanji's getting left behind with the bounties. Robin might jump ahead of him after the next arc lol

That masterpiece on page 8! Nice!
    one-piece-6190105.jpg
  • BB_HoodyBB_Hoody Nice plane you have there. Be a Shame if something went wrong in flight and it crashed Joined: Posts: 4,907
    Whoops didn't catch that on Choppers' Bounty. But yo what's up with the disrespect towards Chopper??? That lil guy puts in work. Like did he not beat a member of CP9?
  • JOSERUFUSJOSERUFUS NICKGOD>RENIQUE STONE COLD STEVE POONGKO Joined: Posts: 1,325
    JOSERUFUS wrote: »
    That guy between Law, Buggy and Apoo plz Goda let it be who I think it is!!
    If it turns out to be a part of buggy's attire imma be super salty

Well, I've gotta ask. Who do you think it is?
    I still think it's Shiki the 7th warlord, the back of his head
    But as you can see in the Picture that Gravity posted its really does look like Buggy's attire...I can only dream!

People think That guy = Axe hand Morgan
    MVC2: CABLEFIEND - IRON MAN/SENTINEL/CABLE SSF4: AKUMA/RUFUS
    "I HATE MSP PLAYERS THEY JUST SPAM LK"
  • InfernomanInfernoman Bro as Hell Joined: Posts: 9,427
    Chopper hasn't been fully seen fighting so they still think he's a pet or mascot.

I am curious to see if we'll get a lucci/luffy fight again...
    Who else in a movie wrestled an evil lesbian and by forcefully kissing her, turned her not only heterosexual but good as well? Exactly. That, my friend, is the power of Sean motherfucking Connery - Valaris
  • p.m novaroad pilotp.m novaroad pilot Joined: Posts: 2,582
    man luffy would destroy him

• po pimpuspo pimpus Let's Hit the Climax! Joined: Posts: 25,746
    edited September 2015
    "Oi Trafalgar. I threw your poster in the trash, but your bounty is $500 Million."

"Oh thanks. This is me caring."

DEAD.

Then DEAD AGAIN at God Usopp's statue...

ROB MOTHERFUCKING LUCCI.

My dude Sanji got a stalker at Marine HQ methinks... Only Alive, huh?

Doflamingo with that real nigga talk. The War for the Throne is coming.
    Captain Jack ain't scared of a convoy with Sengoku, Tsuru, and Fujitora? Nigga is either boss as fuck or a fool.

LOL Chopper and Franky don't get any respect with those bounties.

Business has damn sure picked up in OP land.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
    man luffy would destroy him
    IDK man. Lucci was the one person who nearly killed Luffy with pure brute force despite him being a rubber man. And after the fight Lufy was so drained he couldn't move himself. He had to be carried out. So if Lucci has been training and stepped up his game, I think he'd still give Luffy a run for his money. And to be a member of CP0. I think he has gotten stronger.
    Not just a member of CP0... He's the leader.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
  • T20thoughtsT20thoughts Shurororororo! Joined: Posts: 1,603
    I originally missed that Lucci was talking to Spandam. I guess it's hard to really get fired from the Marines.
  • El Chupa NegroEl Chupa Negro WALKING PARADOX Joined: Posts: 3,426
    Lucci had Luffys number back then if it wasn't for Luffys crazy will he would have been buried at Enies Lobby
    Jeet Kune Do was all about using what worked and discarding the crap. Fei Long is crap... discard him. A real Jeet Kune Do man plays Dudley.-xS A M U R A Ix
    Yo that CP0 thing is what I'm really looking forward to seeing explained. Like how the fuck did that happen??? Lucci and company got beat at enies lobby, Spandam put the blame on them. They were being hunted by the Marines. Lucci and company swore vengeance on Spandam and were last seen sailing on route to him. Now two years later, Lucci is leading a CP group ranked even higher than CP9, that is so high up they answer directly to the Gorosei, Spandam is his suborbate. What the fuck happened that led to that??? And where's the rest of the former CP9???
  • ShinjiGohanShinjiGohan Joined: Posts: 5,124 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Well the government would be stupid to get rid of what was claimed as the strongest members of CP9 in history. Especially when they realize Spamdam's incompetence.
  • InfernomanInfernoman Bro as Hell Joined: Posts: 9,427
    I believe Lucci might have struck a deal...and someone paid dearly for it. You don't allow a guy like that to remain a fugitive for long and he's smart enough to find a way out of things. This does beg the question...what of the other former members of CP9?
    Who else in a movie wrestled an evil lesbian and by forcefully kissing her, turned her not only heterosexual but good as well? Exactly. That, my friend, is the power of Sean motherfucking Connery - Valaris
  • King9999King9999 Joined: Posts: 10,904 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    BB_Hoody wrote: »
    Whoops didn't catch that on Choppers' Bounty. But yo what's up with the disrespect towards Chopper??? That lil guy puts in work. Like did he not beat a member of CP9?

It's because the government views Chopper as their pet.
    Switch Friend Code: SW-2722-8799-3295
    PSN/Steam ID/NNID: mmking9999
    Tile Crusher now available on Android & Itch.io!
    "On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." -Satoru Iwata, 1959-2015
    edited September 2015
    King9999 wrote: »

That, and Chopper hasn't been seen fighting by the WG, and do you think anyone will believe Kumadori when he says "the talking reindeer beat me up"?
    po pimpus wrote: »
    King9999 wrote: »

That, and Chopper hasn't been seen fighting by the WG, and do you think anyone will believe Kumadori when he says "the talking reindeer beat me up"?

Theres a nigga that controls gravity in the government

Let's not forget Nigga's that turn into light, are walking talking active volcanoes, old guys that throw cannon balls like baseballs, secret agents that can walk on fucking air!. So yeah I don't see how a talking reindeer is unbelievable for them.
  • JoshkazJoshkaz Princess Luna is my Waifu Joined: Posts: 15,276
    edited September 2015
    The guy looks vastly different in his base form than he does in his other forms. They probably just think Chopper is a pet, and the other forms are entirely different people.
    "You embarrass me," said Shadow, smiling. Then Shadow took his penis out and picked Cream up. "Let me charge up for a super ejaculation!" Shadow laid Cream down on the ground and then took his penis with him, which was already huge and shaking with sex energy, and found Cream's Piggy Bank, which was full of coins and dollars and things to save up for money, so she could buy what she wanted when she had enough inside it. Shadow took it and using his muscular penis, smashed a hole right through the piggy bank so now it was sitting on top of his penis like a hat. Shadow's penis looked like it belonged in a fashion show.
  • El Chupa NegroEl Chupa Negro WALKING PARADOX Joined: Posts: 3,426
    Chopper looks like a goofy animal . One piece most folks haven't seen him fight nor would believe in a talking reindeer regardless of how wacky the world is
    Jeet Kune Do was all about using what worked and discarding the crap. Fei Long is crap... discard him. A real Jeet Kune Do man plays Dudley.-xS A M U R A Ix
    edited September 2015
    Chopper looks like a goofy animal . One piece most folks haven't seen him fight nor would believe in a talking reindeer regardless of how wacky the world is

We're talking about a universe where inanimate objects can eat Devil Fruits and become sentient living beings. I.E that dog gun or that elephant sword. But a talking Reindeer is too farfetched?
    Do you remember Choppers back story?

He was an outcast because he was so different, in a world of wacky bullshit.

"You embarrass me," said Shadow, smiling. Then Shadow took his penis out and picked Cream up. "Let me charge up for a super ejaculation!" Shadow laid Cream down on the ground and then took his penis with him, which was already huge and shaking with sex energy, and found Cream's Piggy Bank, which was full of coins and dollars and things to save up for money, so she could buy what she wanted when she had enough inside it. Shadow took it and using his muscular penis, smashed a hole right through the piggy bank so now it was sitting on top of his penis like a hat. Shadow's penis looked like it belonged in a fashion show.
    Joshkaz wrote: »
    Do you remember Choppers back story?

He was an outcast because he was so different, in a world of wacky bullshit.

He was originally an outcast amongst the reindeer because of his blue nose. then after he ate the human human fruit. The Reindeer wanted absolutely nothing to do with him. And he couldn't fit in with most of human society either. But I don't see how that makes him less believable than inanimate object that can come to live by eating a fruit. Sure people in east blue would probably find that unbelievable. But those in the grand line should be use to seeing outright abnormal and ridiculous things.
    It's just apart of his character.

All the crazy shit we see on islands is the norm. It's only weird to us, but to the inhabitants, and people who've visited the islands its not. Talking reindeer's aren't the norm, so it's weird and unnatural.

Most probably don't even realize he is a DF user. It's not like he goes "Human-Human Fruit: (Insert name here)" like the rest of the df users in the series. He just transforms and does shit.
    It's just apart of his character.

All the crazy shit we see on islands is the norm. It's only weird to us, but to the inhabitants, and people who've visited the islands its not. Talking reindeer's aren't the norm, so it's weird and unnatural.

Most probably don't even realize he is a DF user. It's not like he goes "Human-Human Fruit: (Insert name here)" like the rest of the df users in the series. He just transforms and does shit.

That's my point. How is a talking Reindeer anymore weird and unnatural than an object coming to life? Or a society of humanoid fish?, Or a bunch of islands in the freaking sky?! And people are aware of these things in One Piece. At least those in the Grandline. As for Chopper not giving away he's a DF user by just transforming and doing stuff. Uh Logia fruit users say Hi. Akainu doesn't need to say a damn thing to gut check you with a fist full of magma, Kizaru doesn't need to say a thing to travel at lightspeed and kick ya. I mean yeah a human doing such things immediately screams DF user while a reindeer doesn't but still.
    Because talking reindeer's aren't apart of the grand line Island Habitats.

Objects coming to life are weird, and not a common thing in the series. Only 3 have been shown to come to life thanks to a Zoan fruit. Only the Marines have this method thanks to Dr. Vegapunk.

Humanoid fish are just another race of people in the one piece world. Nothing weird, or unnatural about that. There are plenty of other races too. Just different evolution paths.

Very few even know of Skypeia's existence, and the ones that do are pretty much the upper echelon of pirates, and marines. It is not something everyone just knows is a fact.

A talking humanoid animal (Name another spices like this in the One piece world) that doesn't just shout "DF user" is not a common occurrence in the world of One piece. It is weird and unnatural going by everything else we've seen.
    Because talking reindeer's aren't apart of the grand line Island Habitats.

Objects coming to life are weird, and not a common thing in the series. Only 3 have been shown to come to life thanks to a Zoan fruit. Only the Marines have this method thanks to Dr. Vegapunk.

Humanoid fish are just another race of people in the one piece world. Nothing weird, or unnatural about that. There are plenty of other races too. Just different evolution paths.

Very few even know of Skypeia's existence, and the ones that do are pretty much the upper echelon of pirates, and marines. It is not something everyone just knows is a fact.

A talking humanoid animal (Name another spices like this in the One piece world) that doesn't just shout "DF user" is not a common occurrence in the world of One piece. It is weird and unnatural going by everything else we've seen.

What about the talking lion man from Big Mom's crew or the talking Panda guy from Law's crew???
    90% positive Bepo is a Zoan user like chopper. Very little is known about him, so it's hard to tell if somewhere out there there are talking bears, or if he's just a zoan user.

Pekoms is a zoan fruit user. Like chopper, and possibly Beop, he ate a zoan Devil fruit giving him consciousness and awareness on par with humans/fishmen/mermaids/etc.
    90% positive Bepo is a Zoan user like chopper. Very little is known about him, so it's hard to tell if somewhere out there there are talking bears, or if he's just a zoan user.

Pekoms is a zoan fruit user. Like chopper, and possibly Beop, he ate a zoan Devil fruit giving him consciousness and awareness on par with humans/fishmen/mermaids/etc.

Fair enough. Guess we'll have to wait and see to be sure.
  • white shadowwhite shadow WHAT'S MY NAME NYUKAH?!!! Joined: Posts: 13,621 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG

Pekoms is a Turtle/Tortoise Zoan but his race is undetermined. I suspect he's a Minkman as it's the only other race other than Snakenecks (which I'm 99% sure Moria is) that hasn't been explicitly mentioned.

I have a feeling Minkmen are likely a race of Lewis Carroll~esque anthropomorphic creatures.
    It could be Esther Baxter vs. Pat Morita in drag and half of this board would be like "black chicks don't really turn me on sooo..." - Randomnigga

" Is Wayne Brady gonna have to choke a bitch?!!!"- Wayne Brady from Chappelle's Show. LOL!!!
    Always a possibility that he is a Minkman. Could also explain bepo.
  • akumatruniggaakumatrunigga Joined: Posts: 3,312
    I had no idea the dub is right around the introduction of Amazon Lily. Nice

Anyway I have decided to start reading the manga right around the "big fight" of Luffy and DoFlo. I just want to say wow I missed out.
    Xanatos: You know the answer to that Owen. Pay a man enough, and he'll walk barefoot into hell.
  • BigDeweyBigDewey Joined: Posts: 1,983
    Poor Franky, dude is gonna have to step his game up the next arc or two. When Usopp is getting a high-ass bounty, it's time for Franky Shogun to make more appearances.