One Piece Thread: Gear 2nd!

Comments

• ShinjiGohanShinjiGohan Joined: Posts: 5,091 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited March 25
    But it still seems that he can only detect what is going to happen within seconds of it happening. Otherwise he would have killed that guy before he got as close as he did to Mama.

Maybe he can only see 5 seconds into the future, hence the 5 second window.
  • WellmanWellman Joined: Posts: 3,894
    No matter the case, it seems like this wedding is set up to be wild, I do wonder about who exactly will be the big fight this arc. Is it really gonna be Big Ma right now or will Luffy be punching someone else into oblivion.
    You have been weighed.
    You have been measured.
    And you have absolutely...
    Been found wanting.
    Welcome to the New World. God save you, if it is right that he should do so.
    - A Knight's Tale
  • affinityaffinity Joined: Posts: 2,526
    Big Mom can't really be fought with all these pushovers, the circumstances have to be right and it has to be an assassination attempt using poison, otherwise its a massacre fighting her straight up.

the fight of this arc could be between the Vinsmokes with their Germa army eventually rolling in, Big Mom pirates, with Strawhats, Bege gang, and the underground bigwigs in the middle, of course the Big Mom pirates would also target strawhats and Bege gang. so it would be an all out royal rumble.

think at first, the trigger will cause Big Mom to go crazy, her voice would stun everyone without ear plugs, and someone, 1 of the 3 guns could inject the lethal poison in her. it could take 3 attempts, if so during that time, she may try to kill everyone she sees, but with the chaos going on and the confusion, they could get 2 more attempts to inject her, and once that happens, it boils down to surviving against the Big Mom army, think the Strawhats and Bege survivors could eventually flee, but think Germa is gonna stay behind,

if they all escape into the mirror world, that would be so anticlimactic. still think Vinsmokes have a secret that makes them durable against those special guns, and higher durability than Reiju. dunno, think Strawhats may be forced to leave without them. or they will do the crazy and fight all Big Mom pirates alongside Germa so that the Vinsmokes survive. but they would have to make sure the Yonko is eliminated to make a stand like that, but it sure would be very interesting.

this arc has yet to have a crazy chaotic war like Dressrosa had, so think it could involve all the heavy hitters fighting to the death there.

though what might mess it up is the whole mirror world escape plan. still dont think the Vinsmokes will leave empty handed. retreat would mess with their reputation.
    Samurai Shodown V Special uncensored + online crossplay PS4 and Vita
    https://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/07/13/arcade-legend-samurai-shodown-v-special-coming-to-ps4-vita/
  • dn3000dn3000 Joined: Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
  • white shadowwhite shadow WHAT'S MY NAME NYUKAH?!!! Joined: Posts: 13,433 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Uh talk about a hiatus at the worst possible time! Ah well...
    Mother Carmel looks vaguely familiar, but if it is who I think it might be, then Charlotte Linlin hmust have a really interesting backstory.
    It could be Esther Baxter vs. Pat Morita in drag and half of this board would be like "black chicks don't really turn me on sooo..." - Randomnigga

" Is Wayne Brady gonna have to choke a bitch?!!!"- Wayne Brady from Chappelle's Show. LOL!!!
  • InfernomanInfernoman Bro as Hell Joined: Posts: 9,206
    all that buildup...and of course we go on hiatus
    Who else in a movie wrestled an evil lesbian and by forcefully kissing her, turned her not only heterosexual but good as well? Exactly. That, my friend, is the power of Sean motherfucking Connery - Valaris
  • Raz0rRaz0r Did you really just write that? Joined: Posts: 24,749 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Everything going on break wtf is wrong with this shit earf.
  • ReticentlyReticently Joined: Posts: 3,709
    I'm actually okay with this hiatus. Next few chapters are going to be over the top madness. I'm all for taking an extra week to do it up right.
    the chapter is packed with so much diversity and tension!! they even killed the door! so elite!
    https://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/07/13/arcade-legend-samurai-shodown-v-special-coming-to-ps4-vita/
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Let's Hit the Climax! Joined: Posts: 24,795
    RIP in Peace, Door-chan...

She knew too much.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
  • GravityGravity Joined: Posts: 2,361
    Snitches get stitches.^^
  • BiousBious Seasons Greetings Joined: Posts: 11,173
    I guess that lady door should have closed herself up.
    ░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█▀▀▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░▄█████▄▄█▄░░░░
    ░░░░░▄▄▄▀██████▄▄██░░░░
    ░░▄██░░█░█▀░░▄▄▀█░█░░░▄▄▄▄
    ▄█████░░██░░░▀▀░▀░█▀▀██▀▀▀█▀▄
    █████░█░░▀█░▀▀▀▀▄▀░░░███████▀
    ░▀▀█▄░██▄▄░▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀▀▀
    ░▄████████▀▀▀▄▀░░░░
    ██████░▀▀█▄░░░█▄░░░░
    ░▀▀▀▀█▄▄▀░██████▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░
    Preppy wrote: »
    Panda Express is an Asian plot to destroy your bowels. Winners Just Say No.
    Still think the Vinsmokes could have something planned. One of Bege's followers talked about seeing a Vinsmoke talking to one of the underground people attending the meeting. Foreshadow's something?
    Sacr3D wrote: »
    affinity wrote: »
    the chapter is packed with so much diversity and tension!! they even killed the door! so elite!

You truly are the anti-hype woman.

Oh great a trolling harrasser just has to derail the One Piece topic with a personal attack and flame baiting insult post.
  • JOSERUFUSJOSERUFUS NICKGOD>RENIQUE STONE COLD STEVE POONGKO Joined: Posts: 1,301
    Found something intersting! Anyone wanna take a wild guess where Al Capone is buried?
    MVC2: CABLEFIEND - IRON MAN/SENTINEL/CABLE SSF4: AKUMA/RUFUS
    "I HATE MSP PLAYERS THEY JUST SPAM LK"
  • JOSERUFUSJOSERUFUS NICKGOD>RENIQUE STONE COLD STEVE POONGKO Joined: Posts: 1,301
    edited April 4
    Raz0r wrote: »
    Your mom?

Well fuck me then lol

What's with everyone being dicks? I'm mad that OP is on break too but come on now
    If you gonna lob it I'm smacking it out the park.
    Raz0r wrote: »
    If you gonna lob it I'm smacking it out the park.

No. You're just being a jack ass. At least make it funny
    So where is Capone buried?
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
  • white shadowwhite shadow WHAT'S MY NAME NYUKAH?!!! Joined: Posts: 13,433 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    A place called Carmel.

So I think he might die.

Yeah I looked it up. Certainly a possibility but I still get the feeling Big Mom's reign is coming to an end in either this or the following arc.
    It could be Esther Baxter vs. Pat Morita in drag and half of this board would be like "black chicks don't really turn me on sooo..." - Randomnigga

" Is Wayne Brady gonna have to choke a bitch?!!!"- Wayne Brady from Chappelle's Show. LOL!!!
    so with time to spare until a new chapter down the line, what will go wrong first? who will strike first?
    Who else in a movie wrestled an evil lesbian and by forcefully kissing her, turned her not only heterosexual but good as well? Exactly. That, my friend, is the power of Sean motherfucking Connery - Valaris
    edited April 5
    Infernoman wrote: »
    so with time to spare until a new chapter down the line, what will go wrong first? who will strike first?

It's hard to speculate now, but I think there will be an initial attempt to damage the photo of Carmel by Bege or his henchmen, which will be thwarted (most likely by Katakuri); but then Luffy will accidentally damage it by doing something retardedly randumb which even Katakuri couldn't foresee.

Remember C.O.O./ Mantra has one minor drawback:
    1481147130.jpg

1481147138.jpg

It relies on intent.

I "foresee" Luffy making this hqdefault.jpg?custom=true&w=168&h=94&stc=true&jpg444=true&jpgq=90&sp=68&sigh=I9c-5OVvcxs2c0nuNWbm2vn7TRk face in the near future.

if Bege is destroyed, Big Mom could still go with them. Bege's elimination would express how dangerous a Yonko is even in a well planned assassination, and Big Mom's elimination would show a Yonko can be eliminated by small fries with the right circumstances and group effort. plus this is Big Mom's arc, its really setting up to be a Whitebeard case.

perhaps Bege will attempt to do the whole portrait trigger thing, things get fumbled, Bege is eliminated, their gang is eliminated, the tea party continues, as Pudding is about to kiss Sanji, Sanji avoids the gunshot after struggling whether to kiss her or not. around that time, Big Mom signals the gunners to kill the Vinsmokes, the Vinsmokes reveal they are more durable than Reiju (who is shielded by one of her siblings), and then Luffy triggers something and breaks the portrait, Big Mom goes crazy, everyone is stunned by her voice, the Strawhats gather and flee through the mirror.
    one of the surviving Bege gang members or another agent hits Big Mom with the 2nd or 3rd poison gun, Caesar recovers his heart. the Vinsmokes stay behind to fight the Big Mom pirates and conquer these islands.

well maybe something different or similiar happens.
    Sanji has observation haki? is Pudding going to change to a face?
    well beauty is in the EYE of the beholder.... everyone got an EYE-full when Luffys clones burst out of that cake.
    Sanji's Observation Haki was first(I believe) shown at FI when luffy told him and zoro if they could sense something then again on Punk.

Sanji didn't just dodge an normal attack he dodged an attack from an enemy that can see into the future. That's pretty insane!
    Big mom reminds me of some Social Justice Warriors out there. She's big fat and ugly who appears to value diversity and harmony but it's through violent means and forcing others to do things her way or pay a price. All for her personal gain without really caring for anyone but those who benefit her and her agenda.
  • BlindknaggBlindknagg There's the truth of time and the truth of legend. Joined: Posts: 3,815
    The difference is that she's actually a strong independent woman who need no man.
    (> ̄▽ ̄)> nigga this
    nigga that
    <( ̄▽ ̄<)
    edited April 13
    I had to read it twice, kept thinking I was missing pages.

One, I've never been to a wedding that proceeded that quickly. Especially not a huge social event one like that. Not that the story demanded the procession be shown and everything, but I kind of expected more of the minor characters to get fleshed out in social chatter during the build up.

Two, waking up Luffy in time looked like it was going to be a minor subplot to build up tension... then nothing, he's just awake.

Don't get me wrong, I'm going to really like any chapter that makes Sanji look like a bad-ass motherfucker. And Sanji DEFINITELY looks like a bad-ass motherfucker here. Just no-sold* time itself.

Just feels like Oda initially intended to go one way with this chapter, then changed his mind and skipped ahead a bit. Still a great chapter, but it doesn't read as smoothly as it could have.

*Also, I guess we can put to rest the notion that what Dogtooth sees is the definite future. There are still limits to his ability to foresee events, and it is possible for him to be wrong about what's going to happen.
    Just going to put this thought out there-

Maybe all of those Luffys are clones and the real one is still asleep.
    Reticently wrote: »

*Also, I guess we can put to rest the notion that what Dogtooth sees is the definite future. There are still limits to his ability to foresee events, and it is possible for him to be wrong about what's going to happen.

Dogtooth sees an *unaltered* snippet of the future, once he does an action this changes. Predicted events also get canceled when an adversary also wields Observation haki as well. Although technically you're right, I don't think he's merely choosing from a myriad of possibilities or being wrong in what he sees, he's just changing the future with his input.

edited April 13
    Im glad the ceremony wasn't prolonged. and it makes sense because someone like Big Mom wouldn't want long weddings, when they are a pirate that makes their own rules and would rather get it over with and start eating after their targets are eliminated. that was unexpected that Pudding had discrimination aimed towards her third eye, it makes sense, and its not surprising even Big Mom doesn't like the sight of it, but didnt consider that her childhood and rejection was so harsh because of it, that it took Sanji to snap her out of it, and start to have feelings for the first one to say she's still beautiful even with the third eye, and even saying the third eye is beautiful.

even someone not from a 3 eye race, people can acknowledge that Pudding does look beautiful despite that. she doesn't look like some Ren and Stimpy alien that freaks people out at the sight of them. So her aesthetics are within something Sanji would find acceptable and within their preference spectrum of what is beauty to them.

what's dumb is how Judge's reaction makes it seem like he was naive all this time and so trusting towards pirates. maybe they dont have any defense against those guns, so now that they are on their guard, they could dodge and survive this it seems.

so in the crazyness, it seems things will be more intense. someone has to wreck that photo to trigger Big Mom, hit her with the poison, get Sanji, maybe Pudding, and the others through the mirror, before the ones stunned by the voice go after them.
    Infernoman wrote: »
    Big mom reminds me of some Social Justice Warriors out there. She's big fat and ugly who appears to value diversity and harmony but it's through violent means and forcing others to do things her way or pay a price. All for her personal gain without really caring for anyone but those who benefit her and her agenda.

Dunno why this chapter or Big Mom gives someone (who sounds like they would rather side with oppressive misogynists, racists, and alpha males that want to keep females beneath them instead of alongside them) the thought that it's their opportunity to take another hateful jab at SJWs and antagonize them, when this topic isn't about that.

I dont approve of SJWs that think uglyness should be represented. no one likes being ugly, and women especially shouldn't be ugly in games or anywhere.
    I hate whoever influenced Aloy's ugliness, which in turn made her look more masculine in Horizon, and contriving LGBT in Mass Effect andromeda to the point where it's unnatural or force fed (no wonder several were bothered by it and felt like it was a political push). but the positive supportive side of SJWs is doing more for feminism, multiculturalism, different races, and acceptance of different identity diversity,

meanwhile, the white male supremacy gamergate supporters that don't want things to change, don't care about anyone except one type of human being, said type of human discriminating, harrassing, belittling, and oppressing people different from themselves, especially females, as well as said gamergate supporters being ENEMIES of equal respect, equal glorification and equal representation in beautiful ways, glorifying the feminine as much as the masculine. So if SJW extremists are "evil", I would say SJW is generally still in fact the lesser of the two evils, considering SJW are the only side of the two, that are potentially accepting, respectful and value more than one type of human, and more likely to see everyone, regardless of their differences, as deserving of equal respect, representation, and acceptance.

If they are perceived as bad, antiSJWs are much much worse.

http://www.polygon.com/2014/10/23/7045179/ceo-gamersgate-com-is-not-gamergate

You still mad no one called you pretty yet.

Bet if anyone ever does you going to faint on the spot.
  • Strike_PrimeStrike_Prime 440,000,000 bounty Joined: Posts: 2,536
    Does this confirm Dogtooth can actually see in the future?

Also I cant wait until hes in the anime. His VA better be badass.
    I play Yu-Gi-Oh
    AV by savaii64
    po pimpus wrote: »
    Also, can we talk about Dogtooth just flicking bullets with his thumb?

That dude is ridiculous.

Even crazier those aren't bullets but jellybeans!

That makes him even more awesome.