One Piece Thread: Gear 2nd!

Comments

• WellmanWellman Joined: Posts: 3,947
    Shit, I first read this chapter on my shitty tabet and completely missed that the CP0 Aegis dude was Rob Lucci. My fault for not reading it multiple times and on a better device.

I don't know about Sanji being some noble or something, I get the feeling he knows something, or someone thinks he does that they need his cooperation for and unlike with Robin, it isn't something the majority of the government want buried. Either way, I hope we get a decent look at what went down while he and the others have been away. I think this arc happened in the span of a day and a half maybe but how long will Oda make it before the crew reunites again?
    BB_Hoody wrote: »
    Chopper looks like a goofy animal . One piece most folks haven't seen him fight nor would believe in a talking reindeer regardless of how wacky the world is

We're talking about a universe where inanimate objects can eat Devil Fruits and become sentient living beings. I.E that dog gun or that elephant sword. But a talking Reindeer is too farfetched?

First consider the source of the information as well as how he would likely recount it if his personality is exactly as we have seen.

Next also consider, if he told anyone that is unfamiliar with Chopper the exact facts of the fight, the talking Reindeer that shape-shifted into multiple forms and ultimately beat his ass in the form of a sub giant monster human reindeer.

Also, consider that outside of medical emergencies or fights, most of the time Chopper acts like a idiot on par with Luffy.

Lastly, consider this is world where God Usopp and Buggy the Star/Genius Clown are considered legit threats. Chopper being that low makes perfect sense for One Piece.
    You have been weighed.
    You have been measured.
    And you have absolutely...
    Been found wanting.
    Welcome to the New World. God save you, if it is right that he should do so.
    - A Knight's Tale
  • JOSERUFUSJOSERUFUS NICKGOD>RENIQUE STONE COLD STEVE POONGKO Joined: Posts: 1,326
    If it doesn't turn out that he's the son of a Noble. I can almost bet a celestial dragon just wants him as a slave.
    Oda just hyping us up for a Troll -_-
    MVC2: CABLEFIEND - IRON MAN/SENTINEL/CABLE SSF4: AKUMA/RUFUS
    "I HATE MSP PLAYERS THEY JUST SPAM LK"
  • Raz0rRaz0r Did you really just write that? Joined: Posts: 25,824 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I think that Giraffe dude wants a piece of him.
    This is offensive.
  • ReticentlyReticently Joined: Posts: 3,969
    I hope the whole new plot is well thought out because Sanji has been really under utilized in the manga for a while now. Honestly, when you consider both his occasional badassery and frequent goofball humor moments he's one of the better contributing characters when it comes to the entertainment quality of the series.

For example this just killed me:
    3058427-6934607552-53067.png
    After the time skip Sanji became pretty dumb. I don't know why they made him so stupid when he was the baddest motherfucker on the crew.
    This is offensive.
  • FatalSeabassFatalSeabass Seabass is lethal! Joined: Posts: 1,071
    It's because Oda hasn't had an arc or moment to give any character development to any single Strawhat since the beginning of Part 2. Whether it's due to the fact that we had a lot going on with characters in Dressrosa or not, I hope that these next few arcs will do some of them justice. Lately, it's just Oda bunching a few of the Strawhats together and then focusing his attention else where. This Sanji bounty thing has a lot of potential and I'm reading some pretty decent theories regarding what the reasoning could be. So I'm excited.
  • white shadowwhite shadow WHAT'S MY NAME NYUKAH?!!! Joined: Posts: 13,624 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Sanji's main role has always been behind the scenes/ espionage. I'm sure Oda has big plans for the other Mugiwara's since he's well aware that they were MIA for over a year now.

Usopp has had some pretty significant developments in the Dressrosa arc. Increased courage plus Observation haki. Considering his dream of becoming a "Brave Warrior of the seas" he's well on his way.

I have a feeling that
    latest?cb=20130602171503

Is Sanji's father

If your theory is right I'll give you some Respek Knuckles™.

It could be Esther Baxter vs. Pat Morita in drag and half of this board would be like "black chicks don't really turn me on sooo..." - Randomnigga

" Is Wayne Brady gonna have to choke a bitch?!!!"- Wayne Brady from Chappelle's Show. LOL!!!
  • p.m novaroad pilotp.m novaroad pilot Joined: Posts: 2,584
    That's a bit much
    Sanji was not the baddest in the crew
    He didn't regulate women when he needed to in the earlier arcs and put his friends in danger

Zoro was always the most badass
    Zoro is a badass if you're one of those wimpy dudes who went through life being picked on wishing you could do something about it. Sanji has style with how he does things.
    This is offensive.
  • p.m novaroad pilotp.m novaroad pilot Joined: Posts: 2,584
    Yeah like being beaten senseless and putting his friends in danger
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Let's Hit the Climax! Joined: Posts: 25,782
    Sanji is cool peeps.

He's probably my third favorite Straw Hat behind Luffy and Robin.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
  • JoshkazJoshkaz Princess Luna is my Waifu Joined: Posts: 15,278
    New chapter up. Mangapanda's version http://www.mangapanda.com/one-piece/802
    Self-proclaimed son of Whitebeard going fucking in on all of whitebeards old affiliates. Also he's a Warlord.

We were just talking about Minkmen and what do you know? They're about to show up. Also a thousand year old Elephant that towers a skyscraper.
    "You embarrass me," said Shadow, smiling. Then Shadow took his penis out and picked Cream up. "Let me charge up for a super ejaculation!" Shadow laid Cream down on the ground and then took his penis with him, which was already huge and shaking with sex energy, and found Cream's Piggy Bank, which was full of coins and dollars and things to save up for money, so she could buy what she wanted when she had enough inside it. Shadow took it and using his muscular penis, smashed a hole right through the piggy bank so now it was sitting on top of his penis like a hat. Shadow's penis looked like it belonged in a fashion show.
  • Negative-Zer0Negative-Zer0 Joined: Posts: 9,701
    edited October 2015
    Who did whitebeard fuck to be having children?

EDIT: Whitebeard did not fuck her they are lying. Whitebeard would be in some nice exotic fine women.
    “I was trying to take the easy way out by running away from everything. No matter the pain, I will keep living. So when I die, I'll feel I did the best I could.” - Koala
  • Soul7Soul7 Joined: Posts: 485
    -_- I can't with the 'comedy' based character designs..
    Want Arika (a.k.a SF EX) characters in SF5?
    Like this page: https://www.facebook.com/ArikaCharactersForStreetFighterV
    Or Sign this Petition: https://www.change.org/p/yoshinori-ono-team-street-fighter-v-petition-arika-characters-for-street-fighter-v
    Petition for Capcom to buy the Arika characters' license in order to hopefully include some as DLC in SFV.
    As strong as he is, he might legitimately be his son.

I don't understand the elephant tho. All those years of shit on your back you never once thought about rolling around in the water to scratch that inevitable itch?
    This is offensive.
  • BB_HoodyBB_Hoody Nice plane you have there. Be a Shame if something went wrong in flight and it crashed Joined: Posts: 4,911
    edited October 2015
    Soul7 wrote: »
    -_- I can't with the 'comedy' based character designs..

Agreed. Those retarded proportions with guys being absurdly top heavy with chicken legs is just infuriating to me. Like how the fuck can somebody walk like that? They'd have to walk on their fist like Mugshot from Sly Cooper. Also what women could Whitebeard have fucked without killing them? Damn sure not that lil munchkin. His dick was probably bigger than her. Scum bags are the new Strawhat imposters but they're getting rich and fame off of Whitebeard's name instead. But can't wait to see the return of Marco and company. And how insanely tall does that Elephant have to be to be able to walk across the ocean???
  • ShinjojinShinjojin The quiet one Joined: Posts: 303
    I just read the chapter a few hours ago and it was pretty decent, especially the ending where we finally get to see Zou and find out that it's a living island due to that 1000-year-old elephant being a major part of the island itself.

As for that so-called "Whitebeard Jr" and his mama, sorry but I smell some scamming bullshit from the mother who I think is just using Whitebeard's name to become famous and is only using her strong and child-like son as a pawn. -_-

Currently playing: Nothing at the moment

To One Piece fans:
    Check out my Rokushiki Robin project here: http://goo.gl/W134Uu (UPDATE 4/15/17)
    And the gallery here: http://shinjojin.deviantart.com/gallery/28979731
    Whatever, man. That kid is BODYING Whitebeard's crew. There's a hint of truth in that very act alone.
    This is offensive.
  • HD-ManHD-Man Big Apple 3 A.M Joined: Posts: 10,638
    Design looks really stupid, I think Oda maybe goes abit to far sometimes.

I was expecting something badass like Kaido's design

Jr is legit strong there, so there's a silver lining.

"I wake up and piss excellence"
  • ruthless_nashruthless_nash Joined: Posts: 2,124
    Am I the only one who thought that was a meh chapter?
  • ReticentlyReticently Joined: Posts: 3,969
    edited October 2015
    Have to assume Jr is a scam just based on how obviously suspect the mother is. Admittedly that could be Oda throwing out a red herring to keep us guessing.

I was pretty amazed at how much ground was covered in this chapter- an entire sea voyage, characterization of Bart's crew, a quick check in with Kizaru at marine headquarters (have we seen him since the time-skip?),new antagonists revealed along with a heap of his relevant background (Shikibuchi status, apparent motives, recent history, his potential rivals: Marco/Blackbeard/Luffy), and finally establishing a whole new idiosyncratic setting for the new story arc.

Busy fucking chapter, all without it seeming awkward or too forced.

Edit- other thoughts:

There's some pretty interesting stitch-work on Jr's body, makes me wonder if he's been surgically modified or constructed to have Whitebeard's level of strength and some passing similarities.

Also that name "Weeble"... weebles wobble but they don't fall down because they are ridiculously bottom-heavy, which is the exact inverse of this guy.
  • T20thoughtsT20thoughts Shurororororo! Joined: Posts: 1,604
    Minkmen on Zou. Why did Law hide his crew in such a hard-to-reach place?

'Cause as has been pointed out here, Bepo is likely a minkman. Which explains why he would know of it, while the rest of the people had to get there via vivre cards.

Zou, then, doesn't seem like a likely location for the Strawhats to run into Marines OR Weeble. Which makes it likely to be a (relatively) shorter arc, maybe? Would be weird for Oda to plant both the Sanji subplot and Weeble right before leaving them entirely alone for a whole year.

Then again, this IS One Piece. So you never know.

Also, Weeble looks oddly familiar... Hmm. Oh, I know:
    H2sVDTa.jpg
  • T20thoughtsT20thoughts Shurororororo! Joined: Posts: 1,604
    Also, re: The woman being too small for Whitebeard:

1GjFcJh.jpg
  • ShinjiGohanShinjiGohan Joined: Posts: 5,124 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Also, re: The woman being too small for Whitebeard:

1GjFcJh.jpg

Well not really, have you seen the episode of futurama where Fry finds the lost city of Atlanta? He was about to bed some mermaid but when he realized that she would release her eggs into the water and he would then fertilize them and not actually have sex Fry ran for the hills.

Often Sharks and other fish expel their eggs which attach to sea plants to remain planted through the fertilization process. Besides look how large that princess was as a baby, she would have torn Queen Otohime in twain.
  • ruthless_nashruthless_nash Joined: Posts: 2,124
    edited October 2015
    Here's hoping this Zou arc isnt as fking long as Dressrosa. I mean sure its a giant Elephant, but there is only so much you can do there... right?

Anyway, what are Minkmen? Furries? Animal equivalent of Fishmen?
  • JoshkazJoshkaz Princess Luna is my Waifu Joined: Posts: 15,278
    No one knows.

Assuming they're animal humanoids.

Also can't see this arc taking a long time. Hopefully.
    "You embarrass me," said Shadow, smiling. Then Shadow took his penis out and picked Cream up. "Let me charge up for a super ejaculation!" Shadow laid Cream down on the ground and then took his penis with him, which was already huge and shaking with sex energy, and found Cream's Piggy Bank, which was full of coins and dollars and things to save up for money, so she could buy what she wanted when she had enough inside it. Shadow took it and using his muscular penis, smashed a hole right through the piggy bank so now it was sitting on top of his penis like a hat. Shadow's penis looked like it belonged in a fashion show.
  • akumatruniggaakumatrunigga Joined: Posts: 3,312
    Hey Newgate

baby-mama.jpg
    Xanatos: You know the answer to that Owen. Pay a man enough, and he'll walk barefoot into hell.
  • El Chupa NegroEl Chupa Negro WALKING PARADOX Joined: Posts: 3,426
    We all know for fact humans are historically prejudice against fishmen in one piece I wouldn't be suprised if they held the same prejudice against minkmen and during the void century they were enslaving them etc . Like a poster above said that Elephant probably saw the horrors of the void century and kept moving without lo

I'm starting to wonder the true origins of devil fruits some of them just seen too specific and designed for certain usages .
    Jeet Kune Do was all about using what worked and discarding the crap. Fei Long is crap... discard him. A real Jeet Kune Do man plays Dudley.-xS A M U R A Ix
  • El Chupa NegroEl Chupa Negro WALKING PARADOX Joined: Posts: 3,426
    We all know for fact humans are historically prejudice against fishmen in one piece I wouldn't be suprised if they held the same prejudice against minkmen and during the void century they were enslaving them etc . Like a poster above said that Elephant probably saw the horrors of the void century and kept moving without looking back .

One piece deals with the idea of freedom heavily and the burden of the past on the present and future .Tijuana Wolf got a land bridge that's been worked on for over a hundred years for no apparent reason besides the need for slaves.

I'm starting to wonder the true origins of devil fruits some of them just seen too specific and designed for certain usages .

Jeet Kune Do was all about using what worked and discarding the crap. Fei Long is crap... discard him. A real Jeet Kune Do man plays Dudley.-xS A M U R A Ix
  • white shadowwhite shadow WHAT'S MY NAME NYUKAH?!!! Joined: Posts: 13,624 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Now that I think about it, that rush of water Sanji and co. we're hit by was probably a result of the elephant spraying itself with its trunk.

This means that deer girl they spotted is probably one of the mink[wo]men and that Kaido's men are also on the island for whatever reason.

The reunification will happen soon!
    It could be Esther Baxter vs. Pat Morita in drag and half of this board would be like "black chicks don't really turn me on sooo..." - Randomnigga

" Is Wayne Brady gonna have to choke a bitch?!!!"- Wayne Brady from Chappelle's Show. LOL!!!
  • InfernomanInfernoman Bro as Hell Joined: Posts: 9,431
    I don't believe that's Whitebeard's son until I see some paperwork!
    Who else in a movie wrestled an evil lesbian and by forcefully kissing her, turned her not only heterosexual but good as well? Exactly. That, my friend, is the power of Sean motherfucking Connery - Valaris
  • JOSERUFUSJOSERUFUS NICKGOD>RENIQUE STONE COLD STEVE POONGKO Joined: Posts: 1,326
    Ill leave this here....one-piece-1100321.jpg

Buu 2.0 look decent, if it wasnt for him going after whitebeard's alliance I wouldnt be too hype Kind of salty it wasnt Shiki thou! Massive troll from Oda :/
    Weeble Wooble anyone?

I was also thinking that the elephant might be the shadow from Thriller bark but theres only like two ways you can enter the New world which Im pretty sure it cant enter
    MVC2: CABLEFIEND - IRON MAN/SENTINEL/CABLE SSF4: AKUMA/RUFUS
    "I HATE MSP PLAYERS THEY JUST SPAM LK"