One Piece Thread: Gear 2nd!

Comments

• affinityaffinity Joined: Posts: 2,542
    its still madness how shocked Judge is, like they didnt see that coming? still say The Vinsmokes must be playing dumb. there's no sense in a experienced bloodsthirsty, conquering, scientist prodigy led army and elites weren't prepared for that.
    Samurai Shodown V Special uncensored + online crossplay PS4 and Vita
    https://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/07/13/arcade-legend-samurai-shodown-v-special-coming-to-ps4-vita/
  • ruthless_nashruthless_nash Joined: Posts: 2,044
    Doogytooth looks like gutz from.berserk a bit so should use his voice actor
  • ShinjojinShinjojin The quiet one Joined: Posts: 301
    edited April 14
    Aaaand my interest in this arc has dropped a tad bit more. -_-

However, I will say that the ending was freaking hilarious, plus I'll be looking forward to Sanji potentially fighting Katakuri!
    Currently playing: Nothing at the moment

To One Piece fans:
    Check out my Rokushiki Robin project here: http://goo.gl/W134Uu (UPDATE 4/15/17)
    And the gallery here: http://shinjojin.deviantart.com/gallery/28979731
    edited April 14
    Ive read through the chapter again. Looks like they completed thier vows. Does that mean our man Sanji is married now!!???

They could have a running gag as the only married virgin in the new world lol.
  • BiousBious Seasons Greetings Joined: Posts: 11,193
    Half the forums I visited are pissed at that Pudding flip.
    ░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█▀▀▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░▄█████▄▄█▄░░░░
    ░░░░░▄▄▄▀██████▄▄██░░░░
    ░░▄██░░█░█▀░░▄▄▀█░█░░░▄▄▄▄
    ▄█████░░██░░░▀▀░▀░█▀▀██▀▀▀█▀▄
    █████░█░░▀█░▀▀▀▀▄▀░░░███████▀
    ░▀▀█▄░██▄▄░▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀▀▀
    ░▄████████▀▀▀▄▀░░░░
    ██████░▀▀█▄░░░█▄░░░░
    ░▀▀▀▀█▄▄▀░██████▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░
    Preppy wrote: »
    Panda Express is an Asian plot to destroy your bowels. Winners Just Say No.
    Yeah not surprised. Would have been more badass if he missed puddings bullet from point blank.

Face turn for pudding wasnt necessary
  • white shadowwhite shadow WHAT'S MY NAME NYUKAH?!!! Joined: Posts: 13,444 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited April 14
    Pudding still wants to kill Sanji so I don't see this as a 180° heel turn, she's just conflicted. If anything, she could easily just do an extreme "Hancock" and be a evil bitch to everyone, but have a soft spot for Sanji by the end of the arc.

Also her ability erases or fabricates memories, which is very useful considering the Mugiwaras predicament.
    It could be Esther Baxter vs. Pat Morita in drag and half of this board would be like "black chicks don't really turn me on sooo..." - Randomnigga

" Is Wayne Brady gonna have to choke a bitch?!!!"- Wayne Brady from Chappelle's Show. LOL!!!
    edited April 14
    Pudding still wants to kill Sanji so I don't see this as a 180° heel turn, she's just conflicted. If anything, she could easily just do an extreme "Hancock" and be a evil bitch to everyone, but have a soft spot for Sanji by the end of the arc.

Also her ability erases or fabricates memories, which is very useful considering the Mugiwaras predicament.

Confliction in these tropes usually goes into the formula where Pudding is more likely to become enemy of her family, which reject her eye anyways.
    but she probably wont do anything during this fight and get carried by Sanji out of there. if she does still attack, it would be out of fear of Big Mom.

unlike Doflamingo's family, who respect each other regardless of differences, and only kill traitors,
    Pudding's family are cutthroats that would kill each other if they even screw up, and openly disrespect each other.
    the only "respect" Pudding gets from her family, is due to her bloodline, and she's able to cover her eye with her bangs, so her family won't harass her about it unless they see it.
    but there's no love from any of her family members.

Pudding could have feelings for Sanji but dont think she would sacrifice herself to save him, think Pudding values herself more, unless she's ashamed and takes herself for granted, which doesn't seem to match her character, which is a beautiful pirate that is the daughter of one of the most powerful Yonkos in the world, with riches, a home, security and luxuries galore. She doesn't seem the type of person that, even in the poorest conditions, would waste her life for another, and would rather survive and live with someone she loves, than being a martyr or wasted life.

not saying she could become a strawhat, but Robin was a villain and no one thought she would join the strawhats until sometime in Arabasta.

of course, Oda likes to mess with Sanji so Pudding is probably gonna be killed off so they don't have more on their plate to write a role for her.

Jinbe and Carrot are strawhat candidates but there's no rule that 2 or 3 can't join the strawhats in one arc.

at this point, one way or another, don't think Pudding is gonna wanna stay with the Big Mom pirates after all that.
    https://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/07/13/arcade-legend-samurai-shodown-v-special-coming-to-ps4-vita/
  • JOSERUFUSJOSERUFUS NICKGOD>RENIQUE STONE COLD STEVE POONGKO Joined: Posts: 1,303
    Pudding and Sanji both the outcast of their family. Which is weird to say cuz Pudding's family all look like outcast.

MVC2: CABLEFIEND - IRON MAN/SENTINEL/CABLE SSF4: AKUMA/RUFUS
    "I HATE MSP PLAYERS THEY JUST SPAM LK"
  • InfernomanInfernoman Bro as Hell Joined: Posts: 9,217
    I can see Pudding become Sanji's Hancock...or possibly she will die at the hands of someone in the family but not before she uses her devil fruit ability to change the memories of someone (big mom?) which results in the Straw Hats escaping.
    Who else in a movie wrestled an evil lesbian and by forcefully kissing her, turned her not only heterosexual but good as well? Exactly. That, my friend, is the power of Sean motherfucking Connery - Valaris
    Amid all the excitement...and here comes a hilarious yet sneaky end to the chapter.

Yo ho ho...
    Who else in a movie wrestled an evil lesbian and by forcefully kissing her, turned her not only heterosexual but good as well? Exactly. That, my friend, is the power of Sean motherfucking Connery - Valaris
    LOL excellent chapter, the pacing is great and can move to the next step. its gonna be crazy convincing the Vinsmokes to escape with them there. the Vinsmokes would assume their alliance plans were messed up by these invaders, assuming Big Mom wasn't gonna trying to take them out.

and when are the other Big Mom elites start actually doing something than playing spectators?

oh right, now with the photo, they are gonna get distracted. embarrassing.
    edited April 20
    Jimbei doesn't have zero fucks to give, he has negative fucks- he is in a fucks recession. Oh man I'm just soooooo glad there isn't a break between chapters. I can't wait for the aftermath!
    lol I was flatlining at the troll-ish yet unassuming way Monkey D. Brook cracked the photo.

Katakuri's ability reminds me of Gasparde's Ame Ame no Mi in One Piece: Dead End Adventure. However, since Oda stated that movies only use his throwaway DF abilities, I'm sure it's a different type of Logia.

At least we finally got full confirmation as to why a Yonkou-level opponent wouldn't get their souls so easily taken by Big Mom; although I'm sure she has a technique capable of hurting souls directly.

Next week is Golden Week.
    ░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█▀▀▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░▄█████▄▄█▄░░░░
    ░░░░░▄▄▄▀██████▄▄██░░░░
    ░▄████████▀▀▀▄▀░░░░
    ██████░▀▀█▄░░░█▄░░░░
    ░▀▀▀▀█▄▄▀░██████▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░
  • T20thoughtsT20thoughts Shurororororo! Joined: Posts: 1,587
    Big Mom's weakness is, in the end, that almost all her allies are afraid of her. If not for that, people might actually DO something to stop the ongoing attack. Props to Dogtooth for being calm when she fires up.

Fantastic chapter. I love One Piece's unpredictability. yohoho
    edited April 20
    So Armament Haki CAN be used with Logia fruits after all (as in with solid substances created by the user's logia fruit). Hmph, go figure.

Also, Jinbe was pretty damn badass in this chapter!
    Post edited by Shinjojin on

To One Piece fans:
    Check out my Rokushiki Robin project here: http://goo.gl/W134Uu (UPDATE 4/15/17)
  • PerthoPertho The Runed One Joined: Posts: 21,925 mod
    edited April 20
    Bious wrote: »
    snip

Don't.
    Ronin Chaos on Pertho:

"Oh, Pertho. You complete me."
    jimmy1200 wrote: »
    pertho attacked me first, saying i get all my life tips from 106th and park.
  • Raz0rRaz0r Did you really just write that? Joined: Posts: 24,815 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Bious wrote: »
    Nvm.

I wonder what you posted that got you jailed.
  • Sacr3DSacr3D Bounce Man Joined: Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Awesome chapter!

Brooke is now Solid Snake. This guy could probably steal metal gear if he wanted to.

How can Dogtooth be so cool and have quite possibly the lamest Logia ever. But knowing Oda, we shouldn't underestimate the power of Rice Cakes!
  • HarmoNazHarmoNaz SBO5 Team UK Joined: Posts: 1,395
    Dogtooth didn't read Brook??
    SF4 = scrub fighter 4, jab fighter 4, turtle fighter 4, mash fighter 4, down back fighter 4, shite fucker 4. To think a SUPER version is on its way... :crybaby: EDIT - Stop living in a cave - ULTRA version on the way. EDIT - Its dying. 3s standing strong(er)
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Let's Hit the Climax! Joined: Posts: 24,870
    HarmoNaz wrote: »

All part of Luffy's plan. Luffy himself is such a massive distraction, that everyone's focus is on him and his "shadow clones".
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
    po pimpus wrote: »
    HarmoNaz wrote: »

All part of Luffy's plan. Luffy himself is such a massive distraction, that everyone's focus is on him and his "shadow clones".

Pretty much, which goes to show how clever Luffy can be at times when people least expect it. :cool:

To One Piece fans:
  • JOSERUFUSJOSERUFUS NICKGOD>RENIQUE STONE COLD STEVE POONGKO Joined: Posts: 1,303
    The distraction from luffy and Jinbe plus the fact that Dogtooth thought the copies were animals was probably the reason he didn't read Brook
    MVC2: CABLEFIEND - IRON MAN/SENTINEL/CABLE SSF4: AKUMA/RUFUS
    "I HATE MSP PLAYERS THEY JUST SPAM LK"
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Let's Hit the Climax! Joined: Posts: 24,870
    edited April 21
    That, and Luffy's "I'm the real one!" comment drawing all the heat on to himself.

Luffy is some kind of combat autist... Dude is barely functional at everything else, but when it comes to combat and reading people, he's fucking Einstein.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
  • Master_ChibiMaster_Chibi .: Dynamites! :. Joined: Posts: 15,055 mod
    Brook is truly the MVP. Thats's the fucking FOURTH clutch thing he's done this arc

What were the other three?
    ~*Hai! Back to Japan!
    Fought Big Mom, copied the writings, and went on a tear through Mom's underlings.
    ░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█▀▀▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░▄█████▄▄█▄░░░░
    ░░░░░▄▄▄▀██████▄▄██░░░░
    ░▄████████▀▀▀▄▀░░░░
    ██████░▀▀█▄░░░█▄░░░░
    ░▀▀▀▀█▄▄▀░██████▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░
    For a character that wasn't acknowledged much he's sure taken advantage of that. Oddly enough having Luffy yell whoch of him is the real one made the distraction even better as you can help but pay attention. Shows that dogtooth while powerful isn't godly.
  • ReticentlyReticently Joined: Posts: 3,738
    edited April 21
    Thinking about it, it is pretty surprising that Oda let the photo get destroyed so early. We can almost take it for granted that Big Mom will not be defeated easily, so that virtually telegraphs the fact that something about the poison gas launcher part of the plan isn't going to go off without some sort of major hitch.
    Post edited by Reticently on
  • white shadowwhite shadow WHAT'S MY NAME NYUKAH?!!! Joined: Posts: 13,444 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited April 21
    Reticently wrote: »
    Thinking about it, it is pretty surprising that Oda let the photo get destroyed so early. We can almost take it for granted that Big Mom will not being defeated easily, so that virtually telegraphs the fact that something about the poison gas launcher part of the plan isn't going to go off without some sort of major hitch.

What interests me more is if Big Mom will instantly sense that the portrait has been shattered, signalling an inherent connection to it, or will she actually have to see that it's been destroyed to go stir crazy?
    It could be Esther Baxter vs. Pat Morita in drag and half of this board would be like "black chicks don't really turn me on sooo..." - Randomnigga

" Is Wayne Brady gonna have to choke a bitch?!!!"- Wayne Brady from Chappelle's Show. LOL!!!
  • Negative-Zer0Negative-Zer0 Joined: Posts: 9,666
    The biggest plot twist at this point is the plan actually working.

BTW figures

http://www.anime-now.com/entry/2017/04/21/050007

If you ever in your life see a girl that look and dresses like Tashigi, marry her.
    df463d187d5a785886187548d02643ea.jpg
    “I was trying to take the easy way out by running away from everything. No matter the pain, I will keep living. So when I die, I'll feel I did the best I could.” - Koala
  • D-ForceD-Force Blame your fate. Joined: Posts: 724 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Brook has definitely shown his stride through this arc. His stealth skills here would put a smile on Solid Snake's and Sam Fisher's faces.
    WARNING:
    THIS IS NOT SIMULATION. GET READY
    TO DESTOROY THE ENEMY. TARGET FOR
    THE WEAK POINTS OF F@#KIN' MACHINE.
    DO YOUR BEST YOU HAVE EVER DONE.
  • maxxmaxx DIO THE DESTROYER Joined: Posts: 36,068 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG

BTW figures

If you ever in your life see a girl that look and dresses like Tashigi, marry her.

I WANT THEM ALL
    FREE Stuart "StuMiz" Hayden

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    http://mondaynitecoloring.tumblr.com/
  • ShinjiGohanShinjiGohan Joined: Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    That may be jelly beans weakness. He may be able to see the future of 1 person. But not 50. Luffy drawing the attention allowed Brook to go behind Jelly Beans ability and smash the picture.
    edited April 22

BTW figures

They are all good but I can't even imagine the man hours it took to make the Jimbei one, so dope. (lol I just realized Oda agreed with me on that)

• JoshkazJoshkaz Princess Luna is my Waifu Joined: Posts: 15,161
    Jimbei is the best one.
    "You embarrass me," said Shadow, smiling. Then Shadow took his penis out and picked Cream up. "Let me charge up for a super ejaculation!" Shadow laid Cream down on the ground and then took his penis with him, which was already huge and shaking with sex energy, and found Cream's Piggy Bank, which was full of coins and dollars and things to save up for money, so she could buy what she wanted when she had enough inside it. Shadow took it and using his muscular penis, smashed a hole right through the piggy bank so now it was sitting on top of his penis like a hat. Shadow's penis looked like it belonged in a fashion show.