One Piece Thread: Gear 2nd!

Comments

• JOSERUFUSJOSERUFUS NICKGOD>RENIQUE STONE COLD STEVE POONGKO Joined: Posts: 1,320
    New one piece film is gonna be called One Piece Film Gold. Release date gonna be July 2016. Try to find a Link when I get on mY computer
    MVC2: CABLEFIEND - IRON MAN/SENTINEL/CABLE SSF4: AKUMA/RUFUS
    "I HATE MSP PLAYERS THEY JUST SPAM LK"
  • ReticentlyReticently Joined: Posts: 3,853
  • voodazzvoodazz WORST. RACIST. EVER. Joined: Posts: 3,933 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Nice to see the Minks aren't a bunch of jobbers like the pathetic Fishmen... for now at least.
    www.voodazz.com
    "It's okay to lie to women. They're not people like us."
    -Peter Griffin
  • boom!boom! kuma gon give it to ya Joined: Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Jack bout to tear dat pussy up
    It's business
    It's business time
  • BiousBious Seasons Greetings Joined: Posts: 11,333
    Break next week :(
    ░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█▀▀▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░▄█████▄▄█▄░░░░
    ░░░░░▄▄▄▀██████▄▄██░░░░
    ░░▄██░░█░█▀░░▄▄▀█░█░░░▄▄▄▄
    ▄█████░░██░░░▀▀░▀░█▀▀██▀▀▀█▀▄
    █████░█░░▀█░▀▀▀▀▄▀░░░███████▀
    ░▀▀█▄░██▄▄░▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀▀▀
    ░▄████████▀▀▀▄▀░░░░
    ██████░▀▀█▄░░░█▄░░░░
    ░▀▀▀▀█▄▄▀░██████▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░
    Preppy wrote: »
    Panda Express is an Asian plot to destroy your bowels. Winners Just Say No.
  • Soul7Soul7 Joined: Posts: 485
    What the hell, break next week already? Are you kidding me? sigh...
    Want Arika (a.k.a SF EX) characters in SF5?
    Like this page: https://www.facebook.com/ArikaCharactersForStreetFighterV
    Or Sign this Petition: https://www.change.org/p/yoshinori-ono-team-street-fighter-v-petition-arika-characters-for-street-fighter-v
    Petition for Capcom to buy the Arika characters' license in order to hopefully include some as DLC in SFV.
  • white shadowwhite shadow WHAT'S MY NAME NYUKAH?!!! Joined: Posts: 13,539 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Oh snap Jack is a Billion Dollar Baby! I can only imagine the horrific damage he must've cause to be considered such a threat. Based on the wanton destruction he's caused it's no surprise.

My bet Luffy is going to help broker a peace between cat and dog, most likely from pissing both of them off. Lol
    It could be Esther Baxter vs. Pat Morita in drag and half of this board would be like "black chicks don't really turn me on sooo..." - Randomnigga

" Is Wayne Brady gonna have to choke a bitch?!!!"- Wayne Brady from Chappelle's Show. LOL!!!
  • UnreallysticUnreallystic Painyatta Joined: Posts: 13,171
    Soul7 wrote: »
    What the hell, break next week already? Are you kidding me? sigh...

At this point I expect a break after every 4 issues.

And I'm perfectly content with that.

When you hear about a second in command being worth a billion, it means dude is worth MORE than 2 Luffy's...now think of all the headaches Luffy has caused through his "career", and this dude DOUBLES that.

Straw Hats still have a LONG way to go.
    - Unreall
  • T20thoughtsT20thoughts Shurororororo! Joined: Posts: 1,599
    edited December 2015
    Not only next week, but there's apparently going to be lots of breaks thanks to the Shonen release schedule. I think it's something like every second week over the course of the next six weeks.

And yeah, even if you did only get a new chapter every two weeks, you'd still be getting a LOT of pages every month. Granted, the actual story progression is another matter, since this is a shonen manga with all the trappings.

Granted, there are exceptions to the "shonen = slow pace" rule. Toriko's been going at a breakneck speed lately compared to your standard Shonen fare.
  • ReticentlyReticently Joined: Posts: 3,853
    I kinda wish Oda would just go to an official 3 week on/1 week off schedule.

His quality of life and health would go up, and we'd all be comfortable with a predictable flow like that.

Really, most of the established mangaka should roll that way.
  • BigDeweyBigDewey Joined: Posts: 1,978
    I'd be happy with a monthly chapter with 30 to 40 pages worth of content.

I already wait with Attack On Titan, I don't mind doing the same with One Piece.

Well the anime might suffer, but I could deal with that too.
  • JOSERUFUSJOSERUFUS NICKGOD>RENIQUE STONE COLD STEVE POONGKO Joined: Posts: 1,320
  • BigDeweyBigDewey Joined: Posts: 1,978
    I'm loving how crazy Kaidou's crew is, they look completely wild and savage just like their captain.

Just completely embracing their Zoan powers and animal characteristics even when in human form.
  • OerbaOerba Just a joke! Joined: Posts: 1,373
    BigDewey wrote: »
    I'm loving how crazy Kaidou's crew is, they look completely wild and savage just like their captain.

Just completely embracing their Zoan powers and animal characteristics even when in human form.

Tell me about it, fighting for 5 days straight, calling in reinforcements even though they already know the one they're looking for isn't there. He fought that long just for the sake of fighting, and I guess eventually got bored/tired and called in the poison bomb. That last page gave me chills, it's kinda frightening seeing them tied up with limbs cut :S
  • BiousBious Seasons Greetings Joined: Posts: 11,333
    Rare Sanji spotted.
    ░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█▀▀▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░▄█████▄▄█▄░░░░
    ░░░░░▄▄▄▀██████▄▄██░░░░
    ░░▄██░░█░█▀░░▄▄▀█░█░░░▄▄▄▄
    ▄█████░░██░░░▀▀░▀░█▀▀██▀▀▀█▀▄
    █████░█░░▀█░▀▀▀▀▄▀░░░███████▀
    ░▀▀█▄░██▄▄░▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀▀▀
    ░▄████████▀▀▀▄▀░░░░
    ██████░▀▀█▄░░░█▄░░░░
    ░▀▀▀▀█▄▄▀░██████▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░
    Preppy wrote: »
    Panda Express is an Asian plot to destroy your bowels. Winners Just Say No.
  • WellmanWellman Joined: Posts: 3,934
    edited December 2015
    Damn, Oda showing off that brutal side of One Piece again.

Although if I may speculate does that last page mean what I think it means in regards to Oda hyping up big noble conference as well?

Edit:
    One last bit I wonder if Oda with the chapter having Zeff on the cover, along with what happened to Inurashi and Nekomamushi is alluding to the possible fate of Sanji not being death but him being maimed.
    You have been weighed.
    You have been measured.
    And you have absolutely...
    Been found wanting.
    Welcome to the New World. God save you, if it is right that he should do so.
    - A Knight's Tale
  • Negative-Zer0Negative-Zer0 Joined: Posts: 9,692
    omg sanji lost his leg. Zeff on the cover? FUCK
    “I was trying to take the easy way out by running away from everything. No matter the pain, I will keep living. So when I die, I'll feel I did the best I could.” - Koala
    Wellman wrote: »
    Damn, Oda showing off that brutal side of One Piece again.

Although if I may speculate does that last page mean what I think it means in regards to Oda hyping up big noble conference as well?

Edit:
    One last bit I wonder if Oda with the chapter having Zeff on the cover, along with what happened to Inurashi and Nekomamushi is alluding to the possible fate of Sanji not being death but him being maimed.

That's what I was thinking either that or what the fishmen fail to do
  • white shadowwhite shadow WHAT'S MY NAME NYUKAH?!!! Joined: Posts: 13,539 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    For those who take a long hiatus from the anime like I do, this was certainly a treat:

I wanted the haki to be more opaque and wispy like the manga but I still found the whole scene to be awesome. It's still crazy that Mihawk could pretty much one shot Pica from the castle if he was present.
    Crucify and chill? Damn he wastes no time.

These guys are like if the Vikings and Mongolions did a collective fusion dance.

I have to reiterate what Luffy said. What does it say about Kaidou when an absolute beast like Jack is your underling?

The one thing I noticed is that the poison gas doesn't seem to be on the same level as what Caesar was creating. For one thing, there was no petrification, so it seems this was an earlier product.

It could be Esther Baxter vs. Pat Morita in drag and half of this board would be like "black chicks don't really turn me on sooo..." - Randomnigga

" Is Wayne Brady gonna have to choke a bitch?!!!"- Wayne Brady from Chappelle's Show. LOL!!!
  • UnreallysticUnreallystic Painyatta Joined: Posts: 13,171
    Pica sounds like thatr? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA OMG HAHAHAHAHAHA reminds me of like some dude from Fat Albert...oh I hope they don't change the voice for America HAHAHAHAHA
    - Unreall
  • T20thoughtsT20thoughts Shurororororo! Joined: Posts: 1,599
    Yep, they nailed Pica's voice. Even if I'm sad that it's not Pikachu's voice actor doing it.

• ShinjojinShinjojin The quiet one Joined: Posts: 303
    Hey fellas, it's been a while since I posted here.

Anyway, the latest chapter was pretty nice, especially with that Jack reveal and that ending.

Btw, the reason why I having been posting here for some time was because I've been busy with stuff, including RL issues and doing plenty of updates to my Rokushiki Robin project, along with a bunch of other things that are job-related. :(

So how you guys been?
    Currently playing: Nothing at the moment

To One Piece fans:
    Check out my Rokushiki Robin project here: http://goo.gl/W134Uu (UPDATE 4/15/17)
    And the gallery here: http://shinjojin.deviantart.com/gallery/28979731
    Great, I can't wait to see what you've done with Robin's Rokushiki. Omnidirectional Multi-armed Rokuougans for endgame Robin?!

Great, I can't wait to see what you've done with Robin's Rokushiki. Omnidirectional Multi-armed Rokuougans for endgame Robin?!

Well if you like, you can check out the list of the latest updates here. :)

To One Piece fans:
    Check out my Rokushiki Robin project here: http://goo.gl/W134Uu (UPDATE 4/15/17)
    edited December 2015
    From Sandman of Arlong Park forums after coming back from this year's Jump Festa where Oda made a quick appearance:
    Jump Festa has finished 30 minutes ago.
    Below are more details about Oda's comment:

"My readers ask me "When will Sanji appear?" again and again these days. Hirata-san (Sanji's voice actor) also asks me "When the heck will Sanji appear?"

Next year is Sanji's year!

Finally it's time to reveal the mystery about Sanji's birth! The straw hats who didn't made much appearances in Dressrosa arc will have many highlights next year."

−Some new Oda's illustrations of Tezoro and Luffy in Film Gold were shown.

-The name of Master Necomamushi officially turned out to be based on the song "Let's go to see Master Necomamushi" made by Brook's voice actor 4 years ago.

From Hirata's official blog

I'm calling it right now! Sanji was born a noble but his parents gave him up to a North Blue orphanage for currently unknown reasons when he was still a baby at the time.

To One Piece fans:
    Shinjojin wrote: »

Interesting. Still haven't used Giganto combat yet?
    From Sandman of Arlong Park forums after coming back from this year's Jump Festa where Oda made a quick appearance:
    Jump Festa has finished 30 minutes ago.
    Below are more details about Oda's comment:

"My readers ask me "When will Sanji appear?" again and again these days. Hirata-san (Sanji's voice actor) also asks me "When the heck will Sanji appear?"

Next year is Sanji's year!

Finally it's time to reveal the mystery about Sanji's birth! The straw hats who didn't made much appearances in Dressrosa arc will have many highlights next year."

−Some new Oda's illustrations of Tezoro and Luffy in Film Gold were shown.

-The name of Master Necomamushi officially turned out to be based on the song "Let's go to see Master Necomamushi" made by Brook's voice actor 4 years ago.

From Hirata's official blog

I'm calling it right now! Sanji was born a noble but his parents gave him up to a North Blue orphanage for currently unknown reasons when he was still a baby at the time.

I think it's practically a certainty that he's noble or very close. North blue origins with unusually blond hair, with a fine palate and etiquette. Yup.

Franky's background is the most fascinating for me though.

• dn3000dn3000 Joined: Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
  • CloudEnvyCloudEnvy I'll drop the freaking moon! Joined: Posts: 898
    That game looks like a lot of fun. As long as there are no busted defense mechanics like in the storm games I see myself having a lot of fun with it.
    Watch me stream with my friends twitch.tv/superscrubbrothers
    edited December 2015

Interesting. Still haven't used Giganto combat yet?

I actually already did draw a couple of sketches of Giganto Mano Shigan and Giganto Mano Rankyaku a few years ago as well as a sketch of Giganto Mano Rokuougan earlier this year:
    rokushiki_robin_concept_4_by_shinjojin-d4agewd.jpg

rokushiki_robin_concept_3_by_shinjojin-d4agbsm.jpg

rokushiki_robin_concept_24_by_shinjojin-d8gvesh.jpg
    dn3000 wrote: »

This game is shaping up nicely so far! :smiley:

To One Piece fans:
  • BB_HoodyBB_Hoody Nice plane you have there. Be a Shame if something went wrong in flight and it crashed Joined: Posts: 4,811
    We really needed this chapter . Its a good reminder of how One Piece's world is extremely fucked up and ruthless. After the nice cushy defeat of Doflla and his crew we needed a reminder that there are absolute fucking monsters in One Piece who one don't fight fair and two exist to just simply cause mayhem. He has a billion dollar bounty man that shit in itself is ridiculous

Jack is one of the few characters in One Piece I flat out hate and despise. It's one thing to kill. But to make one suffer? There's never a need to do that. Only a desire to. And you have to be a cold, evil mofo to desire to make people suffer like that. Dudes put up a valiant fight. yet no respect is shown. They crucify the strongest warriors. Tourturing them and hacking limbs and shit. Fuck Jack, and may he suffer the same way he makes his enemies suffer. I might even say fuck Kaido too. Because attitude reflects leadership. So they must get this shit from him or he allows it.
  • El Chupa NegroEl Chupa Negro WALKING PARADOX Joined: Posts: 3,426
    Roger used to wipe people the fuck out for insulting his crew and killed Squard's crew on whats presumably a whim . Its not uncommon we have seen more countries get destroyed islands get wrecked all because a pirate felt bored or was just in the mood to fuck something up. Even whitebeard was merciless if you insulted one of his sons or captured one. The only reason why the government didn't hand Ace back over immediately was because they found out he was Rogers son. If it was any other member of the crew they would have sent him home on an unmarked ship more than likely.

Kaidou's crew honestly might be the most dangerous we've seen yet because the guy who isn't his vice captain just went toe to toe with a whole nation and only cheated because he was tired of the boredom
    Jeet Kune Do was all about using what worked and discarding the crap. Fei Long is crap... discard him. A real Jeet Kune Do man plays Dudley.-xS A M U R A Ix