One Piece Thread: Gear 2nd!

Comments

• BB_HoodyBB_Hoody Nice plane you have there. Be a Shame if something went wrong in flight and it crashed Joined: Posts: 4,986
    Roger used to wipe people the fuck out for insulting his crew and killed Squard's crew on whats presumably a whim . Its not uncommon we have seen more countries get destroyed islands get wrecked all because a pirate felt bored or was just in the mood to fuck something up. Even whitebeard was merciless if you insulted one of his sons or captured one. The only reason why the government didn't hand Ace back over immediately was because they found out he was Rogers son. If it was any other member of the crew they would have sent him home on an unmarked ship more than likely.

Kaidou's crew honestly might be the most dangerous we've seen yet because the guy who isn't his vice captain just went toe to toe with a whole nation and only cheated because he was tired of the boredom

True, but like I was saying. There's a difference between killing and making people suffer. Not saying killing is a nice thing to do. But if you're gonna do so then make it quick and dignified for your victim. Jack however. he had fun not only killing the Minks, but humiliating and torturing their best warriors as well. Like you won dude. Just end it. Why must you drag out their defeat and torture and disrespect them?
  • BigDeweyBigDewey Joined: Posts: 1,987
    CloudEnvy wrote: »
    That game looks like a lot of fun. As long as there are no busted defense mechanics like in the storm games I see myself having a lot of fun with it.
    I do love the Storm games. I just hate how for every one way to punish an opponent, CC2 gives them like three other ways to escape said punishment. They just child-proof every game mechanic to the Nth degree, which ends up causing more problems than it's worth.
    BB_Hoody wrote: »
    We really needed this chapter . Its a good reminder of how One Piece's world is extremely fucked up and ruthless. After the nice cushy defeat of Doflla and his crew we needed a reminder that there are absolute fucking monsters in One Piece who one don't fight fair and two exist to just simply cause mayhem. He has a billion dollar bounty man that shit in itself is ridiculous

Jack is one of the few characters in One Piece I flat out hate and despise. It's one thing to kill. But to make one suffer? There's never a need to do that. Only a desire to. And you have to be a cold, evil mofo to desire to make people suffer like that. Dudes put up a valiant fight. yet no respect is shown. They crucify the strongest warriors. Tourturing them and hacking limbs and shit. Fuck Jack, and may he suffer the same way he makes his enemies suffer. I might even say fuck Kaido too. Because attitude reflects leadership. So they must get this shit from him or he allows it.

I always felt One Piece having these kinds of people reflects our real-world history (our current events even).

There are armies or groups that have robbed, killed, and/or invaded in some of the most vicious ways possible. Pure evil acts of violence that would turn your stomach. Having characters like that isn't good or bad, but a fictional blurred reflection of the darker aspects of human nature.
  • BB_HoodyBB_Hoody Nice plane you have there. Be a Shame if something went wrong in flight and it crashed Joined: Posts: 4,986
    BigDewey wrote: »
    CloudEnvy wrote: »
    That game looks like a lot of fun. As long as there are no busted defense mechanics like in the storm games I see myself having a lot of fun with it.
    I do love the Storm games. I just hate how for every one way to punish an opponent, CC2 gives them like three other ways to escape said punishment. They just child-proof every game mechanic to the Nth degree, which ends up causing more problems than it's worth.
    We really needed this chapter . Its a good reminder of how One Piece's world is extremely fucked up and ruthless. After the nice cushy defeat of Doflla and his crew we needed a reminder that there are absolute fucking monsters in One Piece who one don't fight fair and two exist to just simply cause mayhem. He has a billion dollar bounty man that shit in itself is ridiculous

Jack is one of the few characters in One Piece I flat out hate and despise. It's one thing to kill. But to make one suffer? There's never a need to do that. Only a desire to. And you have to be a cold, evil mofo to desire to make people suffer like that. Dudes put up a valiant fight. yet no respect is shown. They crucify the strongest warriors. Tourturing them and hacking limbs and shit. Fuck Jack, and may he suffer the same way he makes his enemies suffer. I might even say fuck Kaido too. Because attitude reflects leadership. So they must get this shit from him or he allows it.

I always felt One Piece having these kinds of people reflects our real-world history (our current events even).

There are armies or groups that have robbed, killed, and/or invaded in some of the most vicious ways possible. Pure evil acts of violence that would turn your stomach. Having characters like that isn't good or bad, but a fictional blurred reflection of the darker aspects of human nature.

I agree completely. I'm not saying he has no place in the series. I'm just saying I hate him
  • WellmanWellman Joined: Posts: 4,008
    Merry belated Christmas! New chapter of OP out on the nets.

Still don't know what the fuck happened to Sanji and another Yonku's forces enters the scene... or flashback
    You have been weighed.
    You have been measured.
    And you have absolutely...
    Been found wanting.
    Welcome to the New World. God save you, if it is right that he should do so.
    - A Knight's Tale
  • ruthless_nashruthless_nash Joined: Posts: 2,158
    5 bucks says Sanji made a bargain with big mam. Big mam falls in love with Sanji. Sanji promises to "marry" her if she leaves the other alone and actually does so.

Alternatively, he is made aware of his huge ass bounty which mam wants to collect so hands himself in.
  • ShinjojinShinjojin The quiet one Joined: Posts: 306
    Sweet!!!

I'll read it later! :)
    Currently playing: Nothing at the moment

To One Piece fans:
    Check out my Rokushiki Robin project here: http://goo.gl/W134Uu (UPDATE 4/15/17)
    And the gallery here: http://shinjojin.deviantart.com/gallery/28979731
  • T20thoughtsT20thoughts Shurororororo! Joined: Posts: 1,612
    Good chapter! Although...
    Oda's kinda messed with the pacing by telling us the basics of what the Curlyhats did right at the start.

Oda pretty much spoilered the main content of these past three chapters himself. If he'd been just a little more vague about that information earlier, this wouldn't feel as slow.
    Also, this should hopefully shut the "Caesar for future Strawhat" people up.
    ZARPjxI.jpg
  • JoshkazJoshkaz Princess Luna is my Waifu Joined: Posts: 15,340
    So big mom stole Sanji.

"You embarrass me," said Shadow, smiling. Then Shadow took his penis out and picked Cream up. "Let me charge up for a super ejaculation!" Shadow laid Cream down on the ground and then took his penis with him, which was already huge and shaking with sex energy, and found Cream's Piggy Bank, which was full of coins and dollars and things to save up for money, so she could buy what she wanted when she had enough inside it. Shadow took it and using his muscular penis, smashed a hole right through the piggy bank so now it was sitting on top of his penis like a hat. Shadow's penis looked like it belonged in a fashion show.
    ZARPjxI.jpg

Agreed. If seeing Caesar completely joyed at seeing the carnage and destruction his own creation has caused is not a clear sign that he and the Straw Hats will never see eye to eye and be cool with each other, then nothing will convince them.
  • white shadowwhite shadow WHAT'S MY NAME NYUKAH?!!! Joined: Posts: 13,727 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    ZARPjxI.jpg

Agreed. If seeing Caesar completely joyed at seeing the carnage and destruction his own creation has caused is not a clear sign that he and the Straw Hats will never see eye to eye and be cool with each other, then nothing will convince them.

He was also quite peeved that he was forced to help Chopper develop an antidote.

Sanji is probably Big Mam's most beloved pastry chef right now. Poor guy has to churn out sweet treats 'round the clock to date that gigantic she-beast.

It could be Esther Baxter vs. Pat Morita in drag and half of this board would be like "black chicks don't really turn me on sooo..." - Randomnigga

" Is Wayne Brady gonna have to choke a bitch?!!!"- Wayne Brady from Chappelle's Show. LOL!!!
  • RoGE9RoGE9 Joined: Posts: 1,706
    edited December 2015

I freaking love Doffy's laugh at 1:07, that scene in general with the music is pretty well done despite the iffy animation imo. Doffy is a sick monster and I love him for it haha.
  • p.m novaroad pilotp.m novaroad pilot Joined: Posts: 2,603
    edited January 2016
    Yeah I love as he ends the laugh cause usually he just snickers but when he started cackling I knew he finally lost it
    Post edited by p.m novaroad pilot on
  • InfernomanInfernoman Bro as Hell Joined: Posts: 9,563
    Anime is finally hitting Fourth Gear now! (sorry Bumped without a new Chapter)
    Who else in a movie wrestled an evil lesbian and by forcefully kissing her, turned her not only heterosexual but good as well? Exactly. That, my friend, is the power of Sean motherfucking Connery - Valaris
  • dn3000dn3000 Joined: Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Infernoman wrote: »
    Anime is finally hitting Fourth Gear now! (sorry Bumped without a new Chapter)

• JOSERUFUSJOSERUFUS NICKGOD>RENIQUE STONE COLD STEVE POONGKO Joined: Posts: 1,335
    http://www.mangapanda.com/one-piece/812
    The year of sanji starts now...
    Pretty great Chapter IMO

That HAS to be a mistranslation on page 13!
    MVC2: CABLEFIEND - IRON MAN/SENTINEL/CABLE SSF4: AKUMA/RUFUS
    "I HATE MSP PLAYERS THEY JUST SPAM LK"
  • Raz0rRaz0r Did you really just write that? Joined: Posts: 26,006 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Way happy to see Sanji back. He's my favorite of the Straw Hats although I hated how he became even sillier after the time skip.
    This is offensive.
  • El Chupa NegroEl Chupa Negro WALKING PARADOX Joined: Posts: 3,426
    caesar got into player mode when he saw that cat woman mink
    Jeet Kune Do was all about using what worked and discarding the crap. Fei Long is crap... discard him. A real Jeet Kune Do man plays Dudley.-xS A M U R A Ix
  • ShinjojinShinjojin The quiet one Joined: Posts: 306
    edited January 2016
    So Sanji is part of this Vinsmock family, eh? That's some pretty interesting information. Also, WTF @ Capone shooting Pekoms (or to be more accurate, Capone having his men inside of him shooting at Pekoms)! O_O

Anyway, this was a good chapter overall! :)
    Post edited by Shinjojin on
    Currently playing: Nothing at the moment

To One Piece fans:
    Check out my Rokushiki Robin project here: http://goo.gl/W134Uu (UPDATE 4/15/17)
    And the gallery here: http://shinjojin.deviantart.com/gallery/28979731
    Hmm so who is this family Sanji belongs to? Is it a Celestial dragon family or just a high society family with money and what not? Also Capone is 3 billion?! Damn he's even worth more than Jack! I guess those other Supernova's have really been putting in work and making a name for themselves while Luffy and company where training those 2 years. Fucked up how he did Pekoms though.
  • ReticentlyReticently Joined: Posts: 4,103
    Funny thing about Capone's ability is that I can't see it giving him a chance of hanging with the real heavy hitters. An army of scrubs is only so useful in One Piece, and his odd human castle stuff doesn't seem that useful without helper scrubs.

Absent hostages, I don't hate Sanji's odds in that fight. Hell, even Ceasar seems like kind of a hard counter to him.
  • CloudEnvyCloudEnvy I'll drop the freaking moon! Joined: Posts: 899
    edited January 2016
    Hmm so who is this family Sanji belongs to? Is it a Celestial dragon family or just a high society family with money and what not? Also Capone is 3 billion?! Damn he's even worth more than Jack! I guess those other Supernova's have really been putting in work and making a name for themselves while Luffy and company where training those 2 years. Fucked up how he did Pekoms though.

That was a mistranslation. Its actually supposed to be 300 million.

Also its a bit obvious, but I wonder if Sanji's name was a hint that there were 3 sons.
    Watch me stream with my friends twitch.tv/superscrubbrothers
    Hrm. Sanji getting hitched.

Hope his wife is hot.
    "You embarrass me," said Shadow, smiling. Then Shadow took his penis out and picked Cream up. "Let me charge up for a super ejaculation!" Shadow laid Cream down on the ground and then took his penis with him, which was already huge and shaking with sex energy, and found Cream's Piggy Bank, which was full of coins and dollars and things to save up for money, so she could buy what she wanted when she had enough inside it. Shadow took it and using his muscular penis, smashed a hole right through the piggy bank so now it was sitting on top of his penis like a hat. Shadow's penis looked like it belonged in a fashion show.
    Raz0r wrote: »
    You goddamn know she's not going to be.

Why you want your boy to suffer? Lets live the dream for a few weeks until the horrible truth comes.
  • ruthless_nashruthless_nash Joined: Posts: 2,158
    edited January 2016
    Called it. Sanji being part of some high class society and also being forced to marry big mam or one of her daughters.

Calling it now. Girl will be hot and will actually WANT Sanji, but on the condition he gives up his nakama which of course he wont (edit: because he wants nami in that black dress instead)
    35 daughters. Damn, lady. You BUSY!

Also, in about 50 chapters:

Joshkaz wrote: »
    Raz0r wrote: »
    You goddamn know she's not going to be.

Why you want your boy to suffer? Lets live the dream for a few weeks until the horrible truth comes.

I want that dude to leave the Straw Hats and start his own shit, you have no idea. Best character. But I know Oda hates my guts and won't let me be happy.
    This is offensive.
    Capone seems like more of a tactician or general type as appose to a head on power house brawler. Like he'll do what we've seen here. Take hostages, exploit weaknesses etc. He's probably aware he can't go toe to toe with the best of them so he plays to his stregths.
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Beyond Anger... Ultra Rage Joined: Posts: 26,042
    Yeah, Capone seems to be one of the most clever, cool-headed, and resourceful of the Supernovas. I would have said Law, but his time with the Strawhats has made him more impulsive and reactionary.

Not to mention silly. Hanging with the Strawhats turns people into goofballs.

Capone did Pekoms dirty though... Luffy will take major offense to that shit.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
  • InfernomanInfernoman Bro as Hell Joined: Posts: 9,563
    Well now we have a name for his ability now. Sanji being a higher up isn't a surprise but now we have a name. Capone is a gangster. We see him again killing a subordinate over nothing. All because Pekoms was happy his family and friends are ok. Capone's ability reflects this too. No direct attack. Just allows his subordinates to do the frontal assault.

Calling it now. The girl he's marrying will be a butterface. Oda will give her a banging body and a hideous face.
    Who else in a movie wrestled an evil lesbian and by forcefully kissing her, turned her not only heterosexual but good as well? Exactly. That, my friend, is the power of Sean motherfucking Connery - Valaris
    Capone hasn't made it into the New World without having some skills of his own. Dude's got basically an entire town inside of him, and he's sure to have a few nasty weapons and items stored in there... Not to mention, his own set of New World-ready underlings.

Still, he does seem to rely a lot on tactics and the element of surprise. Sanji's kicked his way through an army before, and he and Brook might even have fought right back if it wasn't for one of those stronger underlings grabbing Chopper and Nami.

I do wonder what Capone would do in a straight-up fight against Caesar. Dude could fumigate his whole castle, unless he has specific countermeasures in place... And let's face it, what's a castle without gas masks and oxygen tanks?

Hmm... Calling it right now. If Capone does get taken down in an actual fight at some point, it's gonna be because someone went inside of him and found something big and bad to blow up/activate.
  • BiousBious Seasons Greetings Joined: Posts: 11,629
    edited January 2016
    That guy lighting Capone's cigar on the last page looks important.
    ░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█▀▀▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░▄█████▄▄█▄░░░░
    ░░░░░▄▄▄▀██████▄▄██░░░░
    ░░▄██░░█░█▀░░▄▄▀█░█░░░▄▄▄▄
    ▄█████░░██░░░▀▀░▀░█▀▀██▀▀▀█▀▄
    █████░█░░▀█░▀▀▀▀▄▀░░░███████▀
    ░▀▀█▄░██▄▄░▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀▀▀
    ░▄████████▀▀▀▄▀░░░░
    ██████░▀▀█▄░░░█▄░░░░
    ░▀▀▀▀█▄▄▀░██████▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░
    Preppy wrote: »
    Panda Express is an Asian plot to destroy your bowels. Winners Just Say No.
  • white shadowwhite shadow WHAT'S MY NAME NYUKAH?!!! Joined: Posts: 13,727 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited January 2016
    Capone "Gang Bege" finally revealed the existence of seastone bullets! This reinforces my theory that Benn Beckman was wielding a seastone loaded gun at Borsalino way back when.

As for Capone, I'm honestly surprised he's made it so far in the New World, so far none of the Supernovas have been complete stragglers. It was sad seeing a cool cat like Pekoms get essentially one-shotted by him though. Pekoms is quite an honorable guy, this reflects somewhat positively on Big Mom, since it hints she might be swayed by Luffy/ Sanji's charm. (+Lola)

In any case, if Sanji does have noble origins as I presume, then brokering a marriage with Big Mom's *daughter and the son of a Celestial Dragon could create an unofficial but tenuous and begrudged immunity in the eyes of World Government. If the Vinsmock family are so powerful that they can make the WG alter their bounty for Sanji, they might even hold more clout than the average inbred-looking Tenryuubito.

*The title of "daughter" may be a term of endearment, similar to how Whitebeard referred to all men on his ship as his "sons". It would be cool if Sanji is betrothed to the 3-eyed Samurai girl we saw briefly 2 arcs ago. I get a feeling she might have first mate status as well.

Post edited by white shadow on
    It could be Esther Baxter vs. Pat Morita in drag and half of this board would be like "black chicks don't really turn me on sooo..." - Randomnigga

" Is Wayne Brady gonna have to choke a bitch?!!!"- Wayne Brady from Chappelle's Show. LOL!!!
  • p.m novaroad pilotp.m novaroad pilot Joined: Posts: 2,603
    edited January 2016
    While he may have had seastone bullets I still think that benn has some hidden abilities we haven't seen completely.

His speed to get up there and surprise kizaru is one thing.
    having the unwavering confidence that you gonna be able to hit a man who's essentially as fast as light and is made mostly of it is another.

I think Capone will end up as cannon fodder later.
    His main advantage has been being one step ahead but that's under the design of the story not because he's a great tactician.

I think the combination of being with the straw hats and getting so close to exacting vengeance for corazon made law more impulsive. its good to see him openly express true camaraderie with the straw hats,especially Luffy and zoro.
    Luffy and law fit because of their contrast.
    While zoro and law have a lot of the same mannerisms.
    Post edited by p.m novaroad pilot on
    I think Shank's sniper dude can just imbue his bullets with Haki, making them hit.
    This is offensive.