One Piece Thread: Gear 2nd!

Comments

• ReticentlyReticently Joined: Posts: 3,618
    Reticently wrote: »
    Streusen's fruit makes "ingredients", right? Maybe you still have to use them as such to get quality food out of them.

Only matters for quelling Big Mom though. In a fight it doesn't really matter how the whipped cream tastes when he made it out of your lungs.

Streusen can only transform inorganic matter, fortunately.

So just the air in your lungs.
  • BiousBious Seasons Greetings Joined: Posts: 11,094
    edited July 12
    Streusen slashes you and turns all the water in your body into Gumdrop goo.
    Post edited by Bious on
    ░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█▀▀▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░▄█████▄▄█▄░░░░
    ░░░░░▄▄▄▀██████▄▄██░░░░
    ░░▄██░░█░█▀░░▄▄▀█░█░░░▄▄▄▄
    ▄█████░░██░░░▀▀░▀░█▀▀██▀▀▀█▀▄
    █████░█░░▀█░▀▀▀▀▄▀░░░███████▀
    ░▀▀█▄░██▄▄░▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀▀▀
    ░▄████████▀▀▀▄▀░░░░
    ██████░▀▀█▄░░░█▄░░░░
    ░▀▀▀▀█▄▄▀░██████▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░
    Preppy wrote: »
    Panda Express is an Asian plot to destroy your bowels. Winners Just Say No.
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Let's Hit the Climax! Joined: Posts: 24,491
    Big Mom about to slaughter her own family.

My dude Caesar finally got his heart back... Hope to see him up to mischief again later.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
  • JOSERUFUSJOSERUFUS NICKGOD>RENIQUE STONE COLD STEVE POONGKO Joined: Posts: 1,294
    Still no break and still no pudding.

Kind of predicted the BM pirates would be injured in someway but didn't see this coming. While the BM pirates regroup, the SHs and other fight Kaido then they'll fight Mum at Elbaf.
    MVC2: CABLEFIEND - IRON MAN/SENTINEL/CABLE SSF4: AKUMA/RUFUS
    "I HATE MSP PLAYERS THEY JUST SPAM LK"
  • BullDancerBullDancer Mentos, The Freshmaker Joined: Posts: 9,382
    I wonder what's the extent of powers though. I'm pretty sure that it has been a very long time that she's been on a rampage because she always gets what she wants usually.

Hope she doesn't end up devouring her crew.
    "Rock abandoned Neesa there like you were gonna abandon your son and wife and live alone with your TV"~Akuma-HAX
  • Raz0rRaz0r Did you really just write that? Joined: Posts: 24,477 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    She went on a rampage literally at the very beginning of this arc. So in manga time it's been a day.
    This is offensive.
  • WellmanWellman Joined: Posts: 3,884
    BullDancer wrote: »
    I wonder what's the extent of powers though. I'm pretty sure that it has been a very long time that she's been on a rampage because she always gets what she wants usually.

Hope she doesn't end up devouring her crew.

I don't think she will eat anyone but she will fuck up their efforts to search for the Strawhats and Capone.

Caesar I assume by himself will fuck up and get caught if not by Big Mom's forces then maybe the World Government or Kaido.

But in either case, it does indeed look like we are getting off this island without Luffy busting Big Mom's lip on a literal level, figuratively when she learns they stole the imprints of the poneglyphs and it gets out how they brought down her castle, that will be a shiner.

You have been weighed.
    You have been measured.
    And you have absolutely...
    Been found wanting.
    Welcome to the New World. God save you, if it is right that he should do so.
    - A Knight's Tale
  • affinityaffinity Joined: Posts: 2,462
    well they aren't off the island yet. that would be wasteful if Big Mom massacres her family, like they didn't survive this long and increased so much in siblings if her rampages winded up taking the lives of her children, she killed only one offspring in the previous rampage, they could whip up something for her to eat, then again, they would have to make a cake that matches or surpasses the previous one.

its just strange Bege would just flee, then again, they are out of weapons and strategy to kill the Yonko at this point. would Bege try again? and Nami is such a jerk for Caesar, sure Caesar is evil but they helped save them all, even if it was for the heart, they still aren't pure evil somewhat, as long as respect is formed, Caesar can be quite a comrade, like the relationship between Caesar and that harpy, sort of. yea he's still a threat tho, but not sure how the strawhats would handle Kaido's forces.

hey wait a minute. Boa Hancock can petrify, maybe that is the winning counter to Kaido's ability, so maybe Boa Hancock will have a larger role later.
    Hancock is probably so bored she visited other worlds to show off

Samurai Shodown V Special uncensored + online crossplay PS4 and Vita
    https://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/07/13/arcade-legend-samurai-shodown-v-special-coming-to-ps4-vita/
    Sometimes I think you lack critical thinking skills.

In what world does Caesar respect anyone but himself? On Punk Hazard he brainwashed people to do his bidding. Throughout his time with the straw hats all he did was because he wanted his heart back.

You literally can't point out a part where he's good because all of his actions so far have been motivated by self interest.
    This is offensive.
  • InfernomanInfernoman Bro as Hell Joined: Posts: 9,147
    Raz0r wrote: »
    Sometimes I think you lack critical thinking skills.

In what world does Caesar respect anyone but himself? On Punk Hazard he brainwashed people to do his bidding. Throughout his time with the straw hats all he did was because he wanted his heart back.

You literally can't point out a part where he's good because all of his actions so far have been motivated by self interest.

You should know that Affinity posts never made any sense...I pondered replying back to one but realized it's moot as every single post they have has NEVER made sense and especially in this thread...
    Who else in a movie wrestled an evil lesbian and by forcefully kissing her, turned her not only heterosexual but good as well? Exactly. That, my friend, is the power of Sean motherfucking Connery - Valaris
    hey I make sense, it's just people that don't think outside the box only want to comprehend that is within their spectrum of perception. but lets not argue. people can assume Caesar is a one dimensional villain that only respects himself, but even a shameless punk like him can learn to respect others and perhaps even value of the lives of others, it's jerks like Nami that give him more reason to betray and ruin the world since no one likes him anyways.
    https://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/07/13/arcade-legend-samurai-shodown-v-special-coming-to-ps4-vita/
  • ShinjiGohanShinjiGohan Joined: Posts: 5,078 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    He, he is voiced by Freeza, he ain't ever becoming a good guy. Or even decent.
    affinity wrote: »
    hey I make sense, it's just people that don't think outside the box only want to comprehend that is within their spectrum of perception. but lets not argue. people can assume Caesar is a one dimensional villain that only respects himself, but even a shameless punk like him can learn to respect others and perhaps even value of the lives of others, it's jerks like Nami that give him more reason to betray and ruin the world since no one likes him anyways.

Making up a story because you can't follow the author's writing isn't thinking outside the box. It's being a dumbass.
    This is offensive.
  • p.m novaroad pilotp.m novaroad pilot Joined: Posts: 2,541
    hey yall this is supposed to be friendly discussion and speculation
    Says who?
    This is offensive.
  • JOSERUFUSJOSERUFUS NICKGOD>RENIQUE STONE COLD STEVE POONGKO Joined: Posts: 1,294
    Can pudding just change mum's memories to stop the rampage?
  • white shadowwhite shadow WHAT'S MY NAME NYUKAH?!!! Joined: Posts: 13,403 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited July 14
    JOSERUFUS wrote: »
    Can pudding just change mum's memories to stop the rampage?

That would mean getting close to her and I don't think she's suicidal, especially when she had one job to do and didn't do it.
    It could be Esther Baxter vs. Pat Morita in drag and half of this board would be like "black chicks don't really turn me on sooo..." - Randomnigga

" Is Wayne Brady gonna have to choke a bitch?!!!"- Wayne Brady from Chappelle's Show. LOL!!!
  • InfernomanInfernoman Bro as Hell Joined: Posts: 9,147
    Pudding could be a wild card in all this...mainly because after she failed to kill Sanji yet looked jealous at him helping his friends, we don't know which way she could go.
    Who else in a movie wrestled an evil lesbian and by forcefully kissing her, turned her not only heterosexual but good as well? Exactly. That, my friend, is the power of Sean motherfucking Connery - Valaris
    This actually gives her the perfect event to clear everyone's mind. As all are busy controlling Big Mom, she can one-on-one remove memories.
    This is offensive.
  • Sacr3DSacr3D Bounce Man Joined: Posts: 3,121
    edited July 14
    Replying to Affinity is like trying to teach a dog algebra.
  • Negative-Zer0Negative-Zer0 Joined: Posts: 9,649

Luffy bout to be blastin this while he roll up on Kaido
    “I was trying to take the easy way out by running away from everything. No matter the pain, I will keep living. So when I die, I'll feel I did the best I could.” - Koala
  • WellmanWellman Joined: Posts: 3,884
    Infernoman wrote: »
    Pudding could be a wild card in all this...mainly because after she failed to kill Sanji yet looked jealous at him helping his friends, we don't know which way she could go.

Personally, I am hoping she high tailed it to the Thousand Sunny for a Robin like tag along at the end. She is the crew's best bet to get out of territory alive especially if the other siblings are busy trying to control Big Mom plus there something about a three eyed tsundere appeals to me and Sanji getting a girl finally even if she is wonky in the head would be a nice win after the disappointing year of Sanji.
    You have been weighed.
    You have been measured.
    And you have absolutely...
    Been found wanting.
    Welcome to the New World. God save you, if it is right that he should do so.
    - A Knight's Tale
  • T20thoughtsT20thoughts Shurororororo! Joined: Posts: 1,569
    Now that I'm back from my holiday:

Re: Luffy powering up: The samurai peeps treated Luffy/kid-samurai's Hearing All Things ability like it wasn't that big a deal. This implies that the Wa people have some knowledge about it. Luffy has to start actively using his things-hearing at some point, and Wa seems like a likely place to do it.

That won't be enough to beat Kaido, though. Beating a Yonkou has to be a group effort. Luffy can go ahead and deal the final blow (though I'd love the subversion of him softening Kaido up enough that his allies can finish the job), but the actual fight seriously shouldn't be a one-on-one.
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Let's Hit the Climax! Joined: Posts: 24,491
    Yeah, I'm thinking the only big OP fights that will be Luffy overcoming 1v1 will be him versus Akainu and possibly Mega Man, er, Blackbeard... and I think BB is gonna be a team effort to bring him back down to human levels/remove his stolen fruits before Luffy can actually harm him.

NO WAY this dude Luffy just Ichigos his way through all the Yonkou without any help... Big Mom took the attack THAT KO'D DOFFY, and didn't even flinch.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
    Im telling you guys its gonna be all supernovas vs Kaido then SHs and giants vs Big mum crew.

I wonder if a Full powered King Kong Gun would damage Mum thou?
    Luffy will win through bullshit.
    This is offensive.
    wait a minute, couldn't they just get Kaido and Big Mom into the ocean? instant win.
  • BB_HoodyBB_Hoody Nice plane you have there. Be a Shame if something went wrong in flight and it crashed Joined: Posts: 4,640
    po pimpus wrote: »
    Yeah, I'm thinking the only big OP fights that will be Luffy overcoming 1v1 will be him versus Akainu and possibly Mega Man, er, Blackbeard... and I think BB is gonna be a team effort to bring him back down to human levels/remove his stolen fruits before Luffy can actually harm him.

NO WAY this dude Luffy just Ichigos his way through all the Yonkou without any help... Big Mom took the attack THAT KO'D DOFFY, and didn't even flinch.

I don't think that was King Kong Gun in that clash. Just Kong Gun. But that attack sent Doffy flying across damn near the whole island. So yeah for that to only clash with Big Mom. She's on some other shit that Luffy ain't fucking with 1v1
  • white shadowwhite shadow WHAT'S MY NAME NYUKAH?!!! Joined: Posts: 13,403 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited July 17
    Im telling you guys its gonna be all supernovas vs Kaido then SHs and giants vs Big mum crew.

She'd probably just say, "I felt that one, you little punk!"

The swing she gave when clashing with Luffy was so nonchalant I imagine a try hard punch for her is probably around King Kong Gun level.

@affinity Kaido has sunk giant ships built to imprison him. I think he's safe in regards to drowning. If it were that easy to take out the Yonko or any major player they would've never had risen to the prominence they have currently.

Post edited by white shadow on
    It could be Esther Baxter vs. Pat Morita in drag and half of this board would be like "black chicks don't really turn me on sooo..." - Randomnigga

" Is Wayne Brady gonna have to choke a bitch?!!!"- Wayne Brady from Chappelle's Show. LOL!!!
    there's probably some serious ass pull power up in the making. the strawhats gotta surpass super ninjas then.

maybe a TS after Reverie, but Kaido probably might be what pushes them to train more. so maybe a TS after Wano.

or they gonna have some counter pick advantages that let them slip through, though Law aims to take down Kaido, oh hey, his ability could divide Kaido,
    unless Kaido's haki blocks it. though Law could extract......well might involve strategies.

She'd probably just say, "I felt that one, you little punk!"

The swing she gave when clashing with Luffy was so nonchalant I imagine a try hard punch for her is probably around King Kong Gun level

I was always under the impression that oda was foreshadowing KKG to be the attack that would take down a Yonko but by the looks of it Luffy would need a Gatling KKG

• T20thoughtsT20thoughts Shurororororo! Joined: Posts: 1,569
    Going by Luffy's attack progression, I'm pretty sure we'll at least see a Kong Gatling (Kong Barrage?) before the end of the series.

Not sure if we'll be seeing a King Kong Gatling. Seems more likely his next super-duper thing will be an Awakening-based attack.

Turn wall behind opponent into rubber, hit with King Kong, bounce opponent back to get hit again with King Kong but harder, bounce back again to be hit with King Kong but HARDER, etc?
    I don't think awakened powers all have to do with changing the environment. Just seems stupid for Luffy to do that when he has never summoned rubber in his life. Doflamingo, on the other hand, has actually summoned strings.
    This is offensive.
  • ReticentlyReticently Joined: Posts: 3,618
    Reminder: Shanks is powerful enough to hang with these people with only one arm.

And yet no longer strong enough to spar with Mihawk...
    Mind blown
    Reticently wrote: »
    Reminder: Shanks is powerful enough to hang with these people with only one arm.

And yet no longer strong enough to spar with Mihawk...

We don't know that. Mihawk said that he refuses to fight Shanks since he lost his arm. Probably some swordsman honor code. Maybe Zoro would react the same way.
  • JoshkazJoshkaz Princess Luna is my Waifu Joined: Posts: 15,126
    Never been confirmed that Shanks is now weaker with a missing arm.

Just Mihawk lost interest after he lost his arm.
    "You embarrass me," said Shadow, smiling. Then Shadow took his penis out and picked Cream up. "Let me charge up for a super ejaculation!" Shadow laid Cream down on the ground and then took his penis with him, which was already huge and shaking with sex energy, and found Cream's Piggy Bank, which was full of coins and dollars and things to save up for money, so she could buy what she wanted when she had enough inside it. Shadow took it and using his muscular penis, smashed a hole right through the piggy bank so now it was sitting on top of his penis like a hat. Shadow's penis looked like it belonged in a fashion show.
  • BlindknaggBlindknagg There's the truth of time and the truth of legend. Joined: Posts: 3,791
    Either he lose to the cripple or he win and now everyone will think he's a cisenabled shitlord bully.
    (> ̄▽ ̄)> nigga this
    nigga that
    <( ̄▽ ̄<)
    They are pirates. No one would care. Besides, he's an Emperor who stopped the war. It's not like without his arm he's a pushover.
    This is offensive.
    Shanks: Hey, Marco. I'll automatically make you my crewmate if you say one thing.
    Marco: And what's that?
    Shanks: Say "Getsuga Tenshou!"
    comments: LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Turn wall behind opponent into rubber, hit with King Kong, bounce opponent back to get hit again with King Kong but harder, bounce back again to be hit with King Kong but HARDER, etc?

Doflamingo's string ability is manifested from his body, so him being able to turn his environment into string once awakened is a natural progression of his power. Luffy doing the same isn't as linear since his ability is internalized. Awakening for him would probably make him more malleable or take on different exotic forms rather than change his surroundings. Paramecia abilities are vastly more diverse than the other 2 categories so it's only natural that their effects once "woke" will yield different results. And maybe there's a journey towards this and not an instant transformation since Luffy's Gear 4 seems on the cusp of what I'd definitely as awakened gomu gomu skills.

Por ejemplo:

one-piece-8152483.jpg

This is a level of rubber manipulation unlike anything Luffy has done in entire series. He's not just manipulating preexisting limbs but creating multiple fists on the same arm. Crazy.

Awakened Zoans are what really intrigue me; they have accelerated healing factor, lost their humanity, and become crazy strong. I wonder what makes the beast take over a human like that? Can an object that "ate" a Devil Fruit be awakened?

White shadow repeating what I said and gives no credit.

*puts name on list*
    This is offensive.
    edited July 19
    I actually talked about this many moons ago, so if anything, this is just a reiteration. I'm just putting my thoughts on the matter. Besides, I mentioned more aspects regarding awakening than just one comparison.

I thought we had an example of an awakened zoan in Marco. He can partially transform which I can't recall anyone else doing.
    This is offensive.
    MS is late for some reason so here's an alternate link:

https://jaiminisbox.com/reader/read/one-piece-2/en/0/873/page/1
  • BullDancerBullDancer Mentos, The Freshmaker Joined: Posts: 9,382
    RIP in peace, Straw Hat Crew, 1997-2017.

Exactly the 20th year anniversary is an excuse to end the series.
    "Rock abandoned Neesa there like you were gonna abandon your son and wife and live alone with your TV"~Akuma-HAX
  • dn3000dn3000 Joined: Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    RIP in peace, Straw Hat Crew, 1997-2017.

Well the only person to get them out of this jam.. is possibly Sanji?? He better whip up a cake asap!