One Piece Thread: Gear 2nd!

Comments

• white shadowwhite shadow WHAT'S MY NAME NYUKAH?!!! Joined: Posts: 13,613 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Yeah there is no indication that Gol D. Roger had a Devil Fruit ability, but his unnamed terminal illness is quite the mystery. What is amazing is that he managed to conquer the Grand Line virtually undefeated while dying.

I have a feeling his disease is something very rare and not just some well-known illness.
    It could be Esther Baxter vs. Pat Morita in drag and half of this board would be like "black chicks don't really turn me on sooo..." - Randomnigga

" Is Wayne Brady gonna have to choke a bitch?!!!"- Wayne Brady from Chappelle's Show. LOL!!!
  • BiousBious Seasons Greetings Joined: Posts: 11,470
    Someone clarify for me... wasnt Sanji with his parents when the ship went down?

If I recall he was an apprentice cook on that ship. Possible runaway.
    ░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█▀▀▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░▄█████▄▄█▄░░░░
    ░░░░░▄▄▄▀██████▄▄██░░░░
    ░░▄██░░█░█▀░░▄▄▀█░█░░░▄▄▄▄
    ▄█████░░██░░░▀▀░▀░█▀▀██▀▀▀█▀▄
    █████░█░░▀█░▀▀▀▀▄▀░░░███████▀
    ░▀▀█▄░██▄▄░▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀▀▀
    ░▄████████▀▀▀▄▀░░░░
    ██████░▀▀█▄░░░█▄░░░░
    ░▀▀▀▀█▄▄▀░██████▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░
    Preppy wrote: »
    Panda Express is an Asian plot to destroy your bowels. Winners Just Say No.
  • FatalSeabassFatalSeabass Seabass is lethal! Joined: Posts: 1,062
    You know what I love about Oda? He somehow found a way to make one of the most underwhelming Supernovas into a cool and effective villains in just a few chapters. Seriously, I knew that the potential for a man who housed armed men inside his body was kinda meh, but he's pretty deadly. I thought that he had a crew but that he had units in his body that were specifically linked to his Devil Fruit. But it does appear that the people in his body ARE his crew. So that just probably means that whenever he leaves his ship, his crew just enters his body? I mean, when we see his ship being abducted by the thing in the sky, we see him with his crew on his boat. But is that a shot of them all outside of his body or internally? It's pretty interesting to think about, not to mention, the very valid idea of what would happen if they slapped some seastone cuffs on him.
  • Negative-Zer0Negative-Zer0 Joined: Posts: 9,701
    the very valid idea of what would happen if they slapped some seastone cuffs on him.

ewwwwwwwww
    “I was trying to take the easy way out by running away from everything. No matter the pain, I will keep living. So when I die, I'll feel I did the best I could.” - Koala
  • Sacr3DSacr3D Bounce Man Joined: Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Yeah there is no indication that Gol D. Roger had a Devil Fruit ability, but his unnamed terminal illness is quite the mystery. What is amazing is that he managed to conquer the Grand Line virtually undefeated while dying.

I have a feeling his disease is something very rare and not just some well-known illness.

I'm sure Chopper or Law will find a cure for that disease.
  • Raz0rRaz0r Did you really just write that? Joined: Posts: 25,794 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Law is the only one who could if it took down Roger. I can see him sacrificing himself for Luffy.
    This is offensive.
  • WellmanWellman Joined: Posts: 3,942
    po pimpus wrote: »
    "Excuse me, but how do you poop?"

Considering he has possibly hundreds of guys inside of him and it appears that once they leave his area or range things revert to normal size... dude could be a walking wasteland on a very bad dinner night.
    You have been weighed.
    You have been measured.
    And you have absolutely...
    Been found wanting.
    Welcome to the New World. God save you, if it is right that he should do so.
    - A Knight's Tale
  • ruthless_nashruthless_nash Joined: Posts: 2,119
    Soo... not sure if anyones made this connection before.. but does anyone think Jewelry Bonney is also one of Big mams daughters? she wears her lipstick in a similar way and also loves/can eat loadsa food. Hell, that might be her nickname and Purin might be her actual name. This could also explain why the navy were so keen on capturing her alive as she could be some sort of bait for big Mam.

I sense a new nakama brewing lol. Sanji might get "married" to Bonney thus forming another alliance to Luffys empire. It will be really funny if sanji does marry her, but she only has eyes for Zoro as per the saobody arc.
  • BB_HoodyBB_Hoody Nice plane you have there. Be a Shame if something went wrong in flight and it crashed Joined: Posts: 4,901
    edited January 2016
    animated gear 4 reminds me of Toriko's Ren Punches.

Is it just me or does it feel like Oda stepped up his drawings a bit lately? Maybe the more consistent breaks are showing visible dividends.

I'm not in love with the current arc...the constant flashbacks and long setup are drawing out my impatience. In Oda I trust, but I'm not in love yet. Would have thought they would have made a bigger deal out of Chopper too.
    - Unreall

Everything we needed to know about Chopper was covered in his debut
    Raz0r wrote: »
    Law is the only one who could if it took down Roger. I can see him sacrificing himself for Luffy.

As in performing that immortality surgery?
    Soo... not sure if anyones made this connection before.. but does anyone think Jewelry Bonney is also one of Big mams daughters? she wears her lipstick in a similar way and also loves/can eat loadsa food. Hell, that might be her nickname and Purin might be her actual name. This could also explain why the navy were so keen on capturing her alive as she could be some sort of bait for big Mam.

I sense a new nakama brewing lol. Sanji might get "married" to Bonney thus forming another alliance to Luffys empire. It will be really funny if sanji does marry her, but she only has eyes for Zoro as per the saobody arc.

Seeing as how her last name is Bonney I think not. Although Bonney may not be her last name. And Jewlery could just be something added to her first name which could be Bonney. So i wouldn't completely dismiss that notion. But if she was Big Mom's daughter I think Big Mom would've came at Blackbeard for attacking her daughter. But they do share similarities that can't be ignored. But I don't see her as the type to want to marry
  • white shadowwhite shadow WHAT'S MY NAME NYUKAH?!!! Joined: Posts: 13,613 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG

Akainu looked at her with more familiarity than just being an important pirate. She might be a relative or even royalty. I'm inclined towards the former.

If you're right though, I will generously tip my hat to you...
    It could be Esther Baxter vs. Pat Morita in drag and half of this board would be like "black chicks don't really turn me on sooo..." - Randomnigga

" Is Wayne Brady gonna have to choke a bitch?!!!"- Wayne Brady from Chappelle's Show. LOL!!!
  • NickRocksNickRocks DeathPlay Joined: Posts: 22,731

Is it just me or does it feel like Oda stepped up his drawings a bit lately? Maybe the more consistent breaks are showing visible dividends.

ODA stepped up the art hugely. He uses more varied lineweights and his line density has increased a thousandfold. I really first noticed it when he drew pekka.

Im still a bit behind, i hadnt read OP since shonen jump was in print. I stopped at crocodile because i found bleach scans online and im more a bleach fan than OP. But i always wanted to catch up so i started reading on mangapanda from chapter one til now (im just after luffy beat flamingo). Enel was swag af, whitebeard is my dad
    King of the Post-09ers
    In Dusty We Trusty
    Last of the Prembers, R.I.P. my nibbas
    Maximilian is a racist thief
    https://clips.twitch.tv/maximilian_dood/DifferentBeeHeyGuys
  • JOSERUFUSJOSERUFUS NICKGOD>RENIQUE STONE COLD STEVE POONGKO Joined: Posts: 1,325
    I was also thinking the same about Bonney but two things:
    1. She's from south blue
    2. It looks likes shes hiding.

I mean big Mum could have gave birth in the south before being yonko.
    And if I had a Yonko watching my back ain't no way I'll be hiding............. Unless my mom was forcing me to get married O.O
    MVC2: CABLEFIEND - IRON MAN/SENTINEL/CABLE SSF4: AKUMA/RUFUS
    "I HATE MSP PLAYERS THEY JUST SPAM LK"
  • JOSERUFUSJOSERUFUS NICKGOD>RENIQUE STONE COLD STEVE POONGKO Joined: Posts: 1,325
    NickRocks wrote: »

ODA stepped up the art hugely. He uses more varied lineweights and his line density has increased a thousandfold. I really first noticed it when he drew pekka.

Im still a bit behind, i hadnt read OP since shonen jump was in print. I stopped at crocodile because i found bleach scans online and im more a bleach fan than OP. But i always wanted to catch up so i started reading on mangapanda from chapter one til now (im just after luffy beat flamingo). Enel was swag af, whitebeard is my dad

Nick-chan <3 I wouldn't suggest reading mangapanda but since they do have all the chapters I guess. But since you're all most caught up I recommend Mangastream for weekly chapters or powermanga to catch up since it has the best translation but takes awhile for chapters come out
  • T20thoughtsT20thoughts Shurororororo! Joined: Posts: 1,603
    They got up to the DF awakening explanation in the anime, and the animation adds a lot to the explanation of how it works. Some downright creepy visuals here.

Video:

Doflo also seems to hint that he could turn people into string with the ability at one point. Hmmm.
  • p.m novaroad pilotp.m novaroad pilot Joined: Posts: 2,580
    edited January 2016
    Nah he can only transmute inorganic things into string

I do love that they explained why the fight between gear 4 and doffy lasted 20 more minutes for people
    This nigga doffy basically admitted that he was using the environment to time luffy out and run clock lmfao
    Smart cause Luffy was giving him that work
    Eww the anime kills all the charm of the original art /:

Flamingo looks cooler in the manga too
    King of the Post-09ers
    In Dusty We Trusty
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Let's Hit the Climax! Joined: Posts: 25,741

Yeah the animation quality is very questionable at times... It's been that way since Water 7. It's because Toei is a shit company that cuts corners everywhere they can.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
  • GravityGravity Joined: Posts: 2,400

They used a big chunk of their budget on the gear 4 reveal.
    I refuse to believe its cuz of budgets. Especially after OPM, where they had the same budget as other shows. Then this is toei aren't they supposed to be richer than most studios?
    While I believe they cut corners
    You can't use opm as he barometer lmfao it was only 10 episodes
    Read up on the issues Dragonball Super is having sometime... and you'll see just how shitty Toei really is.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
    This is why manga is clearly the superior artform
    King of the Post-09ers
    In Dusty We Trusty
    edited January 2016
    I can't watch super lmfao
    They disgrace animation with some of the things they do in that
    Show
    I know tori is inconsistent
    I'm just saying like opm is 10 episodes lmfao and that animation is damn near flawless but it was only 10 episodes
    Respect to madhouse though
    edited January 2016
    What other reason would it be besides the budget? Lazy animators? Not enough time?
    I don't know how much money one piece is making the studio, but it's not enough to have every episode look great.
    Its not budget deficiency as much as its budget cheapness. Hire a second rate animation team.

I cant stand how the lineweights are all the same in anime tho. It all looks so flat and lifeless
    King of the Post-09ers
    In Dusty We Trusty
    Also their refusal to take season breaks which probably puts a lot of unecessary pressure on animators, and forces them to stretch out episodes to keep a steady distance from current events. I wouldn't be surprised if their studios look like dank Chinese sweat shops.

• El Chupa NegroEl Chupa Negro WALKING PARADOX Joined: Posts: 3,426
    Yeah Crocodile is an awakened user and Jack may potentially be one also
    Jeet Kune Do was all about using what worked and discarding the crap. Fei Long is crap... discard him. A real Jeet Kune Do man plays Dudley.-xS A M U R A Ix
    What? What the hell makes you say that?
    This is offensive.
  • BullDancerBullDancer Mentos, The Freshmaker Joined: Posts: 9,425
    I thought only Paramecia fruits have the ability to awaken. And Jack I think is a Zoan fruit. It was a necessity for Crocodile to awaken because the ability to transform into and control sand kind of sucks dick unless you could create sand.
    "Rock abandoned Neesa there like you were gonna abandon your son and wife and live alone with your TV"~Akuma-HAX
    The zoans at Impel down are awaken.
    And yea Crocodile too. And possible kuzan and Akainu
    I dunno if I'd say Crocodile was awakened. Sand is just dirt, pretty much. Anything can be turned into sand at its most basic element, even building material such as clay and mortar. He might just have very great control of his ability.

String, on the other hand, is different and requires some other level of mastery to affect the environment around you.
    This is offensive.
    Doffy is a bad motherfucker as well, Awakening or not... Son was holding his own body together with microscopic strings, and still boxing with Luffy after taking shots that would have killed a lesser man.
  • Legendary HoamaruLegendary Hoamaru Draxx them sclounst Joined: Posts: 2,954
    edited January 2016
    JOSERUFUS wrote: »
    I was also thinking the same about Bonney but two things:
    1. She's from south blue
    2. It looks likes shes hiding.

I mean big Mum could have gave birth in the south before being yonko.
    And if I had a Yonko watching my back ain't no way I'll be hiding............. Unless my mom was forcing me to get married O.O

The real question is who the hell would knock up Big Mom?
    P.O.P Hold it down ~ Donna Goudeau

XBL: Legend Hoamaru
    NNID: LegendHoamaru
  • FatalSeabassFatalSeabass Seabass is lethal! Joined: Posts: 1,062
    I'm dying to see what Kaido's devil fruit ability is. What are the odds that it isn't a Zoan type? >.>
  • JoshkazJoshkaz Princess Luna is my Waifu Joined: Posts: 15,276
    Was it ever mentioned that Kaido is a DF user?
    "You embarrass me," said Shadow, smiling. Then Shadow took his penis out and picked Cream up. "Let me charge up for a super ejaculation!" Shadow laid Cream down on the ground and then took his penis with him, which was already huge and shaking with sex energy, and found Cream's Piggy Bank, which was full of coins and dollars and things to save up for money, so she could buy what she wanted when she had enough inside it. Shadow took it and using his muscular penis, smashed a hole right through the piggy bank so now it was sitting on top of his penis like a hat. Shadow's penis looked like it belonged in a fashion show.
    Don't think it was specifically stated. He just can't be killed. Which is why suicide is his hobby.
    Joshkaz wrote: »
    Was it ever mentioned that Kaido is a DF user?

Hasn't been confirmed, but you don't get a name like "Hundred Beast" Kaido without some kind of DF chicanery going on.

Mythical Chimera Zoan... bet it.
    The moniker "Hundred Beast" might be more a description of the crew he leads, since it looks like all of them are Zoan users thanks to Doflamingo's fruits.
    This is offensive.