One Piece Thread: Gear 2nd!

Comments

• po pimpuspo pimpus Beyond Anger... Ultra Rage Joined: Posts: 26,356
    ^Yeah, Nick... Oda been beasting for the last few years now. So much so, he works himself literally sick.

Meanwhile, ya boy Kubo been phoning it in pretty badly.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
  • FatalSeabassFatalSeabass Seabass is lethal! Joined: Posts: 1,150
    I forgot that Peeka just casually destroys a city block like it's nothing. And it's interesting to think what Kaido can do. I want to say that he's just insanely durable but you don't end up a Yonko without having some ridiculous ability. I'm not yet convinced that Shanks is just a normal guy! But then again, there was nothing fancy about Gol D. Rogers. Or there could have been and we just aren't privy to that detail yet.
  • Raz0rRaz0r Did you really just write that? Joined: Posts: 26,130 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Shanks' haki must be on some insane shit if he can stand in the same league as every other emperor, tbh. He even had people shitting themselves when he showed up at the War of the Greats or whatever it was called.
    Raz0r wrote: »
    I love punk's posting style. Those emotes are hilarious.
    Shanks' haki must be on some insane shit if he can stand in the same league as every other emperor, tbh. He even had people shitting themselves when he showed up at the War of the Greats or whatever it was called.

Shanks' whole crew are some beastly dudes... Benn Beckman had troll-ass Kizaru shook, and I will never forget fat-ass Lucky Roux bending space-time to shoot that bandit in the face in Chapter 1.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
  • dn3000dn3000 Joined: Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Shanks had Akainu shook.

Kizaru wasn't even tryin to fuck with Benn Beckman.

Kizaru was like.. nope. Can you infuse haki with sea stone bullets?
  • JoshkazJoshkaz Princess Luna is my Waifu Joined: Posts: 15,342
    You can infuse Haki into objects. It's what the amazon's do on amazon island.
    "You embarrass me," said Shadow, smiling. Then Shadow took his penis out and picked Cream up. "Let me charge up for a super ejaculation!" Shadow laid Cream down on the ground and then took his penis with him, which was already huge and shaking with sex energy, and found Cream's Piggy Bank, which was full of coins and dollars and things to save up for money, so she could buy what she wanted when she had enough inside it. Shadow took it and using his muscular penis, smashed a hole right through the piggy bank so now it was sitting on top of his penis like a hat. Shadow's penis looked like it belonged in a fashion show.
  • InfernomanInfernoman Bro as Hell Joined: Posts: 9,616
    edited January 2016
    I imagine what one can do with a seastone round with Haki assist. Would be like a shotgun slug or a magnum hollow point round that would rip you apart regardless of you DF.
    Who else in a movie wrestled an evil lesbian and by forcefully kissing her, turned her not only heterosexual but good as well? Exactly. That, my friend, is the power of Sean motherfucking Connery - Valaris
  • white shadowwhite shadow WHAT'S MY NAME NYUKAH?!!! Joined: Posts: 13,779 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited January 2016
    More than Croco boy, Akainu and Kizaru are certainly examples of awakened Logia users. Permanently altering a landscape and the surrounding climate for 2 years is no ordinary feat. I would pay a pretty penny to witness the event Viola's bird's eye view style.

The interesting thing is that the only examples of Awakened Zoans were in Impel Down and those guys lost their minds, becoming more beast than men, and gaining accelerated regeneration. What was more interesting is that even when Luffy knocked the Minotaros unconscious, it still retained its Awakened form. So it seems once this state has been unlocked it's always passive, regardless of one's awareness.

Whitebeard was likely Awakened as his "reality grabbing" tectonic shifting didn't seem like a normal aspect of his fruit.

It makes me wonder how an Awakened Marco the Phoenix and Viola would be like? Maybe Viola could see into the future or extend her range to the entire globe; and Marco could imbue others with his invulnerability?

For me, the greatest unseen feat Shank has done is divert Kaidou from the battle at Marineford. Considering how brutally stubborn Jack is and how much more powerful and nigh-immortal Kaido is, I'm very impressed.

I have the feeling that with Shanks, we're given a clue that haki might have it's own "awakening" in a way. We saw how the Kuja could manipulate haki to create fire attacks and snake hair as sturdy as iron, and how Shanks' aural color of the armaments was so powerful it cracked the sides of Whitebeard's ship. Shanks is probably on some other shit. His speed is already on beyond anything I've seen sans Kizaru, being able to dodge in an Indian squat position. I imagine him manipulating haki similar to a summon with tangible effects, maybe even conjuring a makeshift and possibly humongous "symbolic arm", effectively ressurecting his missing arm when doing tryhard attacks a la Zoro's Asura or Mr.Karate's Neomax:

Haki-force choking fools where his arm used to be would be pretty badass too.
    It could be Esther Baxter vs. Pat Morita in drag and half of this board would be like "black chicks don't really turn me on sooo..." - Randomnigga

" Is Wayne Brady gonna have to choke a bitch?!!!"- Wayne Brady from Chappelle's Show. LOL!!!
  • NickRocksNickRocks Knock Knock Joined: Posts: 22,878
    edited January 2016
    po pimpus wrote: »
    ^Yeah, Nick... Oda been beasting for the last few years now. So much so, he works himself literally sick.

Meanwhile, ya boy Kubo been phoning it in pretty badly.

relax, kubos art has never been better. his ranges of textures has grown while his lines have grown more minimalist and sleek.
    King of the Post-09ers
    In Dusty We Trusty
    Last of the Prembers, R.I.P. my nibbas
    Maximilian is a racist thief
    https://clips.twitch.tv/maximilian_dood/DifferentBeeHeyGuys
  • p.m novaroad pilotp.m novaroad pilot Joined: Posts: 2,626
    If shanks is that powerful then he must have his conquers haki on some next level shit where it effects everything to the point of distorting space or shit like that lmfao.
    Would be the case cause right now conquers haki is for low tier enemies who are cannon fodder anyways
  • JoshkazJoshkaz Princess Luna is my Waifu Joined: Posts: 15,342
    That's the point. It's them bowing before a King.

It's the fodder killer that only a select few have, and those who have it are the ones who end up making big waves.
    "You embarrass me," said Shadow, smiling. Then Shadow took his penis out and picked Cream up. "Let me charge up for a super ejaculation!" Shadow laid Cream down on the ground and then took his penis with him, which was already huge and shaking with sex energy, and found Cream's Piggy Bank, which was full of coins and dollars and things to save up for money, so she could buy what she wanted when she had enough inside it. Shadow took it and using his muscular penis, smashed a hole right through the piggy bank so now it was sitting on top of his penis like a hat. Shadow's penis looked like it belonged in a fashion show.
    Yeah but it's useless against anyone mid tier and above
    Would like it to have more utility then being a symbol lmfao

Cause then it's like if I'm reasonably competant
    It would be like who the fuck are you

Just seems like the power could have other uses then beating henchmen which now luffy don't even need because he has so many allies

• ReticentlyReticently Joined: Posts: 4,186
    edited January 2016
    Yeah but it's useless against anyone mid tier and above

Conqueror's Haki would probably annihilate Capone.

Boom, helper-scrublessness.
  • T20thoughtsT20thoughts Shurororororo! Joined: Posts: 1,615
    Conq-Haki seems to be thrown in to give blows extra strength. Unless it's just a side effect of people really putting their all into the punches, of course. Either way, at least twice throughout Dressrosa you saw Luffy "clash" with someone else's CH.

I wonder if Capone could shield the people inside of him from CH. Depends whether resisting it keeps it out of yourself, or if you're just able to withstand it as it goes through you. And hey, even if he does lose his weaker goons, he's still bound to have a handful of people like Vito there who could withstand it and man the more essential parts.
  • white shadowwhite shadow WHAT'S MY NAME NYUKAH?!!! Joined: Posts: 13,779 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Conq-Haki seems to be thrown in to give blows extra strength. Unless it's just a side effect of people really putting their all into the punches, of course. Either way, at least twice throughout Dressrosa you saw Luffy "clash" with someone else's CH.

It's pretty much a confirmation of one's hierarchy. One who possesses the Color of the Conqueror will always have more potent haki than the standard haki user. Since haki literally means "ambition", one who shows this ability has more haki than normal.

Don Chinjao said something chilling to Luffy though. He mentioned that there are many Conqueror Haki users out there who never made it anywhere but to the bottom of the sea. So I'm sure once we reach 3/5ths of the New World any antagonist without Conqueror Haki will be auto-fodder material. Doflamingo set a strong precedent for arc villains.
    It could be Esther Baxter vs. Pat Morita in drag and half of this board would be like "black chicks don't really turn me on sooo..." - Randomnigga

" Is Wayne Brady gonna have to choke a bitch?!!!"- Wayne Brady from Chappelle's Show. LOL!!!
  • ReticentlyReticently Joined: Posts: 4,186
    I think you're giving Conqueror's Haki a little too much credit there. I don't recall anything that ties the amount of Haki you have to Conqueror's Haki particularly, and we've seen at least one Haki monster in Vergo who didn't demonstrate Conqueror's at all.
  • UnreallysticUnreallystic Painyatta Joined: Posts: 13,171
    BB_Hoody wrote: »
    animated gear 4 reminds me of Toriko's Ren Punches.

Is it just me or does it feel like Oda stepped up his drawings a bit lately? Maybe the more consistent breaks are showing visible dividends.

I'm not in love with the current arc...the constant flashbacks and long setup are drawing out my impatience. In Oda I trust, but I'm not in love yet. Would have thought they would have made a bigger deal out of Chopper too.
    - Unreall

Everything we needed to know about Chopper was covered in his debut
    I'm talking reactions from the Minks, he's not one of theirs, so I would think they would wonder where he came from. I know its a 'strange world', but still.
    - Unreall
  • JOSERUFUSJOSERUFUS NICKGOD>RENIQUE STONE COLD STEVE POONGKO Joined: Posts: 1,341
    edited January 2016
    BB_Hoody wrote: »
    animated gear 4 reminds me of Toriko's Ren Punches.

Is it just me or does it feel like Oda stepped up his drawings a bit lately? Maybe the more consistent breaks are showing visible dividends.

I'm not in love with the current arc...the constant flashbacks and long setup are drawing out my impatience. In Oda I trust, but I'm not in love yet. Would have thought they would have made a bigger deal out of Chopper too.
    - Unreall

Everything we needed to know about Chopper was covered in his debut
    I'm talking reactions from the Minks, he's not one of theirs, so I would think they would wonder where he came from. I know its a 'strange world', but still.
    - Unreall

Isn't he a deer that eat a DF??

Reindeer that ate the hito-hito DF aka human-human
    MVC2: CABLEFIEND - IRON MAN/SENTINEL/CABLE SSF4: AKUMA/RUFUS
    "I HATE MSP PLAYERS THEY JUST SPAM LK"
    Reticently wrote: »
    I think you're giving Conqueror's Haki a little too much credit there. I don't recall anything that ties the amount of Haki you have to Conqueror's Haki particularly, and we've seen at least one Haki monster in Vergo who didn't demonstrate Conqueror's at all.

"Haki monster" would be a relative term, Vergo never squared off with a CoC user. Indeed, he displayed extensive knowledge of haki manipulation, but as Law showed, Vergo's "ambition" had its limits.

It's kind of funny that 2 fully armament clad foes got done in fairly easily.

We know where he came from. It was covered in the arc where he was introduced.
    finally fully caught up...what a fucken ride. i love this manga. luffys got his squad, shits gonna get so real.

and yeah chopper doesnt really have any secrets, his arc was awesome. especially when he says he has no friends and then luffy yells at him to STFU.
    King of the Post-09ers
    In Dusty We Trusty
  • JOSERUFUSJOSERUFUS NICKGOD>RENIQUE STONE COLD STEVE POONGKO Joined: Posts: 1,341
    If only people would get past the first few episode/chapters they would understand why this is better than naruto and Why its one of the Best mangas out there.
    edited January 2016
    Naruto was GREAT up until after Hidan and Kakuzu. It had moments of greatness afterward (Bee vs. Kisame, Sasuke vs. Five Kage, Naruto vs. Pein, Madara vs. the world) but the story just fell into the shitter. It made no sense when that demon woman showed up OUT OF NOWHERE, the Sage of the Six Paths revealed himself, and Obito was actually Tobi.

It would have been better for the story if those who were dead remained dead.
    Post edited by Raz0r on
    Also, I wonder who the hell has the water-water and wind-wind fruits.
    OP drags at times from its own (well set up) density. It wasnt til i finished the doflamingo arc that i realized the whole thing took ONE HUNDRED CHAPTERS. Oda also has a fetish with making Luffy lose, then near win, then lose again, then finally win. It started with Crocodile in Alabasta (GOAT arc IMO btw). Skypea also took hella long to conclude. Im glad i read it in bulk without having to wait week by week but now that im caught up im wondering how long this turtle arcs gonna take.

Damb i mean will oda even finish this before he dies? Luffys obv gonna become KotP but theres still the issue of the royal 7 pirates (or whats left), the world govt, the mystery of D name, blackbeard, shanks, reaching the end of grand line...and its already been at least 10 years, i was reading one piece in 11th grade lol
    King of the Post-09ers
    In Dusty We Trusty
    If it makes you feel any better, Nick, Oda said we'd already passed the halfway point in the story sometime after the crew got separated by Kuma.
    One Piece has been in print for almost 20 years. Think about that.

I might be in my 50s by the time this shit ends.
    And you point out all the loose ends but he just introduced even more. We now have Whitebeard's alleged son, the whole Kaido thing, Shanks (because I know he'll have to fight Luffy at some point, that's all he's been leading up to.) and a ton of shit.

I just can't see it all being wrapped up before he croaks.
    I can see Oda doing a couple more super-stuffed arcs like Dressrosa, to fit in all the players. Weeble's not going to be given an arc of his own... And I don't think Jack is either. They're going to be wrenches thrown into other arcs.

I just hope he can avoid going the Toriko route. Toriko's been TEARING through plot points lately, to the point where it's made super clear that it's going faster than initially intended. Fairy Tail, too, has been very obviously going "BOOP! Ending arc now!"

If Oda can wrap this all up in a natural way over the next decade, I'll be seriously impressed.
    Whats the point of even introducing a son to whitebeard lol like there arent enough subplots already
    King of the Post-09ers
    In Dusty We Trusty
    edited January 2016
    I can see Oda doing a couple more super-stuffed arcs like Dressrosa, to fit in all the players. Weeble's not going to be given an arc of his own... And I don't think Jack is either. They're going to be wrenches thrown into other arcs.

I just hope he can avoid going the Toriko route. Toriko's been TEARING through plot points lately, to the point where it's made super clear that it's going faster than initially intended. Fairy Tail, too, has been very obviously going "BOOP! Ending arc now!"

If Oda can wrap this all up in a natural way over the next decade, I'll be seriously impressed.
    I better fuckin see at least 10-15 chapters flashback for every area or imma be pissed.

If OP was half done after SHs separating then that rumor from Oda's assistant about OP being 70% done must true.(?)
    Theres just to much to cover
    And oda can always extend it like he's done before.

Edit: I posted a picture of Ods's notebooks awhile back
  • HarmoNazHarmoNaz SBO5 Team UK Joined: Posts: 1,403
    miniature tank tracks inside him come out as and when. whats so confusing?
    SF4 = scrub fighter 4, jab fighter 4, turtle fighter 4, mash fighter 4, down back fighter 4, shite fucker 4. To think a SUPER version is on its way... :crybaby: EDIT - Stop living in a cave - ULTRA version on the way. EDIT - Its dying. 3s standing strong(er)
    Monkey d dragoon

bit beast

or hes basically storm where he can call lightning too
  • FatalSeabassFatalSeabass Seabass is lethal! Joined: Posts: 1,150
    Oda's pacing has been an issue lately but I think it's due to the fact that he tries to world build and character build all in one arc. Think about it. Dressrosa and Punk Hazard built up Kaido, Caesar, Law, Wano Country, Doffy, etc, etc. He likes to fit in a lot of content so that down the line in future chapters, we can recall something that was brought up or mentioned for a specific purpose. Now, don't get me wrong. Some of the pacing is really slow like the majority of Fishman Island, but he has had some really amazingly paced arcs i.e Impel Down, Marineford, etc. And what's even crazier is that there is still a ton of content left for Oda to address such as specific plot points, the significance of certain characters, and other things. Oda carefully plans certain things, and I like that. Case in point, the mystery behind Sanji's family and his past. He knows how to get people thinking about various possibilities.

My main complaint with Naruto was the randomness of the story near the end. Part 1? Absolutely phenomenal. Naruto deserved every bit of credit for Part 1. Part 2 was fine all the way up until the end of the Pain fight with the huge copout. It just got worse from there after, especially with the introduction of Kaguya. You mean to tell me that the Goddess of all of Ninjutsu wasn't mentioned or even hinted to ONCE until the last final chapters of the series? Yeah ok, Kishi. There were other things I wasn't a fan of like Madara vs Obito villain limelight fighting, Juubi, the huge stupid plot hole of Obito performing actions in the afterlike(absolute bullshit by the way), and the list goes on. But for what it was, I think Naruto was good.

Bleach? Yeah, let's not talk about Bleach.
    Oda can do pretty kickass pacing when he doesn't get wrapped up in details and such. My only complaint about the Punk Hazard arc is that they had too much running from gas. Chop out a chunk of that, and it's all good.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file