One Piece Thread: Gear 2nd!

1225226227228229231»

Comments

• maxxmaxx DIO THE DESTROYER Joined: Posts: 36,087 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    po pimpus wrote: »
    Lol HxH... That shit will go into hiatus any minute now with the new Dragon Quest out.

or the creator catches a cold.
    FREE Stuart "StuMiz" Hayden

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    http://mondaynitecoloring.tumblr.com/
  • WellmanWellman Joined: Posts: 3,899
    maxx wrote: »
    po pimpus wrote: »
    Lol HxH... That shit will go into hiatus any minute now with the new Dragon Quest out.

or the creator catches a cold.

To be fair, by manga creator standards, son is probably in the top three of wealth. His own manga before Hunter x Hunter (Yu Yu Hakusho) was a very solid and respected hit, Hunter x Hunter before the massive breaks smashed that in terms of popularity, plus he is married to the creator of Sailor Moon. He could call it quits right now and still sit pretty off of residuals from his own past works and that of this wife's for the rest of his life.

I am honestly surprised he didn't just call it quits at the end of Chimera ant arc, that would have been a decent enough stopping point.
    You have been weighed.
    You have been measured.
    And you have absolutely...
    Been found wanting.
    Welcome to the New World. God save you, if it is right that he should do so.
    - A Knight's Tale
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Let's Hit the Climax! Joined: Posts: 24,882
    No one is saying Togashi isn't a talented, successful baller, just that dude loses motivation with the quickness.

Could you imagine what would happen if Oda took the kinds of breaks he does? The man took off for a month, and Japan's economy literally fell noticeably.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
  • Raz0rRaz0r Did you really just write that? Joined: Posts: 24,849 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    The anime is making Cracker look like he can't hold back Luffy. What nonsense is this?
  • ruthless_nashruthless_nash Joined: Posts: 2,044
    as much as it pains me to say it i can honestly see Pudding join the straw hats. Her powers arent OTP, she probably a decent fighter and her excuse to get to the end will be that Sanji will promise to marry her properly if they both get to the end or something like that...

Honestly really wanted my bae Reiju just so she can go gaga over Law and Zoro (Laaaaww chhaan Zorrooo ssswaann) but sadly will probably wont happen.
  • ReticentlyReticently Joined: Posts: 3,745
    edited August 14
    Pudding can't join the crew. Having a crew member who can alter memories would make the entire narrative unreliable, and One Piece isn't that kind of story.

She'd work as an ally who only gets occasional appearances though, like the other extended Straw Hat fleet members, or Boa Hancock.
    Post edited by Reticently on
  • ShinjiGohanShinjiGohan Joined: Posts: 5,096 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Raz0r wrote: »
    The anime is making Cracker look like he can't hold back Luffy. What nonsense is this?

Cracker is toying with Luffy. It takes all of Luffy's strength to break down the soldiers with nothing left to actually attack Cracker.
    That's not what's being conveyed. He's having fun, sure, but that scene where Luffy destroyed all his biscuit drones and was about to tap Cracker himself. It's easy to see since when approached Cracker hakis up his sword and has a worried look. It was silly because in the comics Luffy NEVER gets that far by himself.

They are nerfing Cracker for reasons I can't even fathom. Yes, they need to extend this fight so the manga gets farther up (looks difficult as Oda keeps taking weeks off and doing one issue per two weeks) but they can do it without bullshitting what actually happened.
  • white shadowwhite shadow WHAT'S MY NAME NYUKAH?!!! Joined: Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I agree, the direction the anime is taking is atrocious. Not only are they messing up the direction of Oda's narrative but they even recycled the animation for this week's fight scene 2-3 times. This is some Hanna-Barbera shit, but at least they improved with time, not get worse.
    It could be Esther Baxter vs. Pat Morita in drag and half of this board would be like "black chicks don't really turn me on sooo..." - Randomnigga

" Is Wayne Brady gonna have to choke a bitch?!!!"- Wayne Brady from Chappelle's Show. LOL!!!
  • p.m novaroad pilotp.m novaroad pilot Joined: Posts: 2,558
    edited August 15
    thats what happens when the anime catches up to the manga lmfao
    its why i havent watched anime in awhile and just read instead cause inevitably when it happens you get ocean dub frieza saga type filler
    Post edited by p.m novaroad pilot on
    One Piece needs to do like MHA and go to a shorter arc-based seasonal approach.

Will never happen because Toei are greedy fucks, but the quality would certainly improve drastically.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
    The way OP comes out, it would definitely benefit from short seasons instead of all at once. The show itself doesn't even give you 21 minutes of actual showtime. The opening credits and recap take at least 5 minutes per episode. Then you have the middle break and the preview for the next episode.

I'd wager you get 12-14 minutes of an actual new episode. Even within that a lot of stuff just gets rehashed.
  • InfernomanInfernoman Bro as Hell Joined: Posts: 9,222
    Doesn't help that the chapters are stretched far so realistically in 3 episodes you only need 5 min of the show to progress the story. I think when I was watching the dressrosa arc in the anime I skippped every other episode as it cut down on fluff.
    Who else in a movie wrestled an evil lesbian and by forcefully kissing her, turned her not only heterosexual but good as well? Exactly. That, my friend, is the power of Sean motherfucking Connery - Valaris
    That's not what's being conveyed. He's having fun, sure, but that scene where Luffy destroyed all his biscuit drones and was about to tap Cracker himself. It's easy to see since when approached Cracker hakis up his sword and has a worried look. It was silly because in the comics Luffy NEVER gets that far by himself.

They are nerfing Cracker for reasons I can't even fathom. Yes, they need to extend this fight so the manga gets farther up (looks difficult as Oda keeps taking weeks off and doing one issue per two weeks) but they can do it without bullshitting what actually happened.

That's not being conveyed with Luffy running out of steam and is having to hide for 10 minutes? With him scrambling and rolling in vain attempts to dodge the cracker army attacks? Dude knew Luffy was running out of steam while he's still fresh.
    That was just added for dramatic effect. That's not what happened in the manga.
    As was the "lengthened" fight between Zoro and Hordy Jones. And then Luffy vs Hordy Jones.
    As was the "lengthened" fight between Zoro and Hordy Jones. And then Luffy vs Hordy Jones.

When I saw the anime had Luffy struggling against Hody "King of Jobbers" Jones, I knew it was time to tap out and become a manga-only OP fan.

It should be a capital offense to make that ultra jobber Jones look capable...
  • JOSERUFUSJOSERUFUS NICKGOD>RENIQUE STONE COLD STEVE POONGKO Joined: Posts: 1,303
    edited August 17
    LMFAO that cover page!!!
    Pudding seems to have a split personality. My best guess

Fuck accidentally put quote instead of spoiler. Sorry if anyone saw.
    MVC2: CABLEFIEND - IRON MAN/SENTINEL/CABLE SSF4: AKUMA/RUFUS
    "I HATE MSP PLAYERS THEY JUST SPAM LK"
    Bartolomeo looking to get his wig split.
  • BiousBious Seasons Greetings Joined: Posts: 11,196

Lol rekt.
    ░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█▀▀▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░▄█████▄▄█▄░░░░
    ░░░░░▄▄▄▀██████▄▄██░░░░
    ░░▄██░░█░█▀░░▄▄▀█░█░░░▄▄▄▄
    ▄█████░░██░░░▀▀░▀░█▀▀██▀▀▀█▀▄
    █████░█░░▀█░▀▀▀▀▄▀░░░███████▀
    ░▀▀█▄░██▄▄░▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀▀▀
    ░▄████████▀▀▀▄▀░░░░
    ██████░▀▀█▄░░░█▄░░░░
    ░▀▀▀▀█▄▄▀░██████▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░
    Preppy wrote: »
    Panda Express is an Asian plot to destroy your bowels. Winners Just Say No.
    Brook can do damage. I have faith in him beating that Candy Candy fruit guy.

But Dogtooth? He's going to wreck everyone.

Even with Zeus shitting on the Big Mom army, I think Charlotte will recover and get to the boat, Dogtooth will try to intervene, and she'll beat him for the Straw Hats, allowing them to disembark.
  • white shadowwhite shadow WHAT'S MY NAME NYUKAH?!!! Joined: Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited August 17
    -Nami did work! Although I'm sure that attack is probably the equivalent of a normal human being hit with a taser for Big Mom.

-Brook and Chopper showing how the Mugiwaras roll. Perospero is a pretty strong dude so I don't think they can 1v1 him though.

-Pudding seems to have a real split personality. No wonder she was so convincing before, she can't help herself. Makes me wonder about Hakuba and how his personality manifested...

lol @ the cover page- Bartolomeo is just lucky Shanks is generally chill cuz he's effin' up big time.
    Reticently wrote: »
    Liked the 5 Yonko splash page a lot.

Yeah that was marvelous, kudos to the artist.
    It could be Esther Baxter vs. Pat Morita in drag and half of this board would be like "black chicks don't really turn me on sooo..." - Randomnigga

" Is Wayne Brady gonna have to choke a bitch?!!!"- Wayne Brady from Chappelle's Show. LOL!!!
  • HARD BREADHARD BREAD The heartiest... Joined: Posts: 757
    My nigga Bart doesn't know the full lore yet, someone needs to school the young man on the origins of the straw hat. Really entertaining chapter. Brook and Chopper are real ones. Nami actually putting in work. Jinbei keeping the crew level headed. I like what I'm reading. The interaction between Chiffon and Pudding was nice to see too.
    A wise man said: Never pay full price for late pizza.
  • affinityaffinity Joined: Posts: 2,543
    so they are going to bake a cake on a carpet.... in seconds?
    Samurai Shodown V Special uncensored + online crossplay PS4 and Vita
    https://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/07/13/arcade-legend-samurai-shodown-v-special-coming-to-ps4-vita/
  • HARD BREADHARD BREAD The heartiest... Joined: Posts: 757
    They're really good at cooking/baking.
    A wise man said: Never pay full price for late pizza.
    It could also be that Pudding saw Sanji carrying Nami and is now jealous.
  • BiousBious Seasons Greetings Joined: Posts: 11,196
    Pudding is transforming nicely into a Yandere.
    ░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█▀▀▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░▄█████▄▄█▄░░░░
    ░░░░░▄▄▄▀██████▄▄██░░░░
    ░░▄██░░█░█▀░░▄▄▀█░█░░░▄▄▄▄
    ▄█████░░██░░░▀▀░▀░█▀▀██▀▀▀█▀▄
    █████░█░░▀█░▀▀▀▀▄▀░░░███████▀
    ░▀▀█▄░██▄▄░▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀▀▀
    ░▄████████▀▀▀▄▀░░░░
    ██████░▀▀█▄░░░█▄░░░░
    ░▀▀▀▀█▄▄▀░██████▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░
    Preppy wrote: »
    Panda Express is an Asian plot to destroy your bowels. Winners Just Say No.
    We really gonna question the speed at which these broads are gonna bake a cake, when we just saw a living skeleton and a talking reindeer emerge from a river of juice while covered in cream, whose comrades are running from a giantess with the power to steal life inside a living forest that just got struck by a living thundercloud who gets drunk off of "weather eggs"...

But the cake baking speedrun is where the suspension of disbelief must end...
  • ReticentlyReticently Joined: Posts: 3,745
    Have you ever baked a really nice cake from scratch? Baking a half decent cake is a legit few hours of work, so unless one of them can cake cake no mi that shit... lol.

And I don't see either of them so much as preheating an oven so far.
  • JOSERUFUSJOSERUFUS NICKGOD>RENIQUE STONE COLD STEVE POONGKO Joined: Posts: 1,303
    Why are they even heading to Big mum? They should be going to the kitchen. Guarantee Mum will be paralyzed, that's the only way they'll have time to bake the cake but for +1 hours idk

Really hope Mum eats pudding, therefore killing both of them and ends this damn arc already
    MVC2: CABLEFIEND - IRON MAN/SENTINEL/CABLE SSF4: AKUMA/RUFUS
    "I HATE MSP PLAYERS THEY JUST SPAM LK"
  • dn3000dn3000 Joined: Posts: 3,406 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited August 20

lol
  • WellmanWellman Joined: Posts: 3,899
    My whole thing with the chapter... WTF is Perospero doing? Of ALL the kids not named Lola or Chiffon, he should be no where near Big Mom or where she is on track to get to. I mean especially where he currently is at, if Big Mom took out the Strawhats, what does he think will happen to him should he be found there with no cake?
    You have been weighed.
    You have been measured.
    And you have absolutely...
    Been found wanting.
    Welcome to the New World. God save you, if it is right that he should do so.
    - A Knight's Tale
    dn3000 wrote: »

lol

Lol I was actually there.

It's a shame I wasn't allowed to record the 4D cell animated Dressrosa scene with Pica turning full golem.