One Piece Thread: Gear 2nd!

Comments

• Raz0rRaz0r Did you really just write that? Joined: Posts: 26,122 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Looking closer at the last page, the tsunami is candy. Also remembered that they reloaded the cola so they could theoretically fly again to gain distance.

I would love seeing a chunk of the crew die. Let's make this real.
    Raz0r wrote: »
    I love punk's posting style. Those emotes are hilarious.
  • white shadowwhite shadow WHAT'S MY NAME NYUKAH?!!! Joined: Posts: 13,775 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I assumed it was candy because putting a soul in seawater never made much sense, it could be that she combined her power with Perospero's. Either way some hydro powered Fishman karate is pretty much the only answer I can see for their survival.
    It could be Esther Baxter vs. Pat Morita in drag and half of this board would be like "black chicks don't really turn me on sooo..." - Randomnigga

" Is Wayne Brady gonna have to choke a bitch?!!!"- Wayne Brady from Chappelle's Show. LOL!!!
  • Sacr3DSacr3D Yummy Yummy Donuts! Joined: Posts: 3,247 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    This would be a good occasion for Shanks to pop out of nowhere lol
    I guess Shanks didn't end up getting attacked by that team of the worst generation, right? Since Kaido landed on their island all we know is that Apoo joined Kaido's crew and Kidd is being held prisoner.
  • white shadowwhite shadow WHAT'S MY NAME NYUKAH?!!! Joined: Posts: 13,775 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Kaido pretty much ruined their plans unless Basil Hawkins is stupid enough to face his crew solo, which I doubt he is. I have a feeling that role is left for Swarthybeard.

Basil hawkins is a pretty interesting character though, I'd love to see his ability fleshed out since it's quite interesting, and his full motives are rather unclear (although we do know all of the Supernovas are aiming for One Piece). The number of special effects it appears to have reminds me of Sugar's Hobi Hobi no Mi.
    It could be Esther Baxter vs. Pat Morita in drag and half of this board would be like "black chicks don't really turn me on sooo..." - Randomnigga

" Is Wayne Brady gonna have to choke a bitch?!!!"- Wayne Brady from Chappelle's Show. LOL!!!
    I hated that fruit, tbh. It was overpowered to all hell and its explanation made little sense. It's one thing to turn people into toys but to erase their existence from everyone's memories seems to be way too strong for the universe.
    Well Sanji's wifey can also erase memories
    edited September 29
    Yeah but that's exactly its power. Even then it isn't ridiculously so OP that it kills the memory of people not even in the vicinity. It's a very targeted ability. Sugar's was a side effect to her actual ability, meaning it made zero sense to have it aside from a plot device to explain the one legged dude.

Turning into a toy I wouldn't have cared, but the whole erasing the memory of everyone they've ever come in contact with? What?
  • InfernomanInfernoman Bro as Hell Joined: Posts: 9,615
    Which resulted in an odd way to defeat the fruit's ability which was to knock her out.
    Who else in a movie wrestled an evil lesbian and by forcefully kissing her, turned her not only heterosexual but good as well? Exactly. That, my friend, is the power of Sean motherfucking Connery - Valaris
    That part is consistent. We saw that with Doflamingo's bird cage and Perospero's sea of candy.

You'd think that to undo her ability would be to off her, but here we are.
  • JOSERUFUSJOSERUFUS NICKGOD>RENIQUE STONE COLD STEVE POONGKO Joined: Posts: 1,339
    Why shanks when we can have...
    465a8686505d68bbf9916c010f279311cf8ddd99_hq.gif
    MVC2: CABLEFIEND - IRON MAN/SENTINEL/CABLE SSF4: AKUMA/RUFUS
    "I HATE MSP PLAYERS THEY JUST SPAM LK"
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Beyond Anger... Ultra Rage Joined: Posts: 26,335
    I'm okay with Sugar's OP Fruit power, since it lead to the greatest face-fault in the history of cartooning.

GOD USOPP... NEVER FORGET.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
    Just like how there's a clear hierarchy amongst the Zoan and Logia classes, it's clear Paramecia fruits have ranges with the Gura Gura no Mi being the strongest. I also took Sugar's ability as one of those situations; I mean look at Law's fruit and the many things he can do in his room, even swap consciousnesses.

I don't even want to imagine what would happen if both of those abilities were awakened.

Aside from Doflamingo, no one specifically talked about "awakening" and we do not know anything about it. But if people who are Doflamingo can use their awakened abilities, does that mean that Whitebeard was always using the Gura Gura no Mi at an awakened state? What about Big Mom and Dogtooth? It still seems a bit too vague to me.
    I'll never be satisfied with any explanation for Sugar. Sorry but it's stupid. It just doesn't make sense for all of that to tie in to ONE fruit. Speaking of Law, I gave up on his fruit a long time ago. It's a stupid fruit, too, but at least they contain its stupidity. He could take out an army with that ability, but it's supposed to be for doctors? Okay. And apparently its ultimate ability is giving someone immortality, but how the hell do they know? There's no character around that has had that happen. Inb4, "omg maye that's what happened to Kaido."

Awakened state is just another excuse for power creep. May mean nothing now as I am convinced the only one to show any awakening of a fruit is Doflamingo, but it's an emergency exit for the writer to later on get himself out of a corner. I'm hype for it, don't get me wrong, but I don't put much onto it. The only other character I'm willing to give an awakened state to is Marco as he can manipulate parts of his body to transform without him turning full bird.
    Sacr3D wrote: »
    Aside from Doflamingo, no one specifically talked about "awakening" and we do not know anything about it. But if people who are Doflamingo can use their awakened abilities, does that mean that Whitebeard was always using the Gura Gura no Mi at an awakened state? What about Big Mom and Dogtooth? It still seems a bit too vague to me.

I'm pretty sure Whitebeard's, Admirals and all the other major players have awakened abilities. Newgate could grab the fabric of and rend it asunder. Akainu and Aokiji could permanently alter the landscape and weather of an entire island years after they left.

Blackbeard was able to do that the second he got the tremor tremor fruit. I don't think that was an awakened ability so much as just how it was used.

The others tho...who knows. We don't even learn about awakened abilities until the next arc.
    Sacr3D wrote: »

I'm pretty sure Whitebeard's, Admirals and all the other major players have awakened abilities. Newgate could grab the fabric of and rend it asunder. Akainu and Aokiji could permanently alter the landscape and weather of an entire island years after they left.

Which is why I brought up the fact that certain abilities are null once the user is KO'd. Aokiji was defeated by Akainu yet his ice remained on the island they fought on. Is this the after effect of a possible awakening? Is it because they're Logia?
    Who else in a movie wrestled an evil lesbian and by forcefully kissing her, turned her not only heterosexual but good as well? Exactly. That, my friend, is the power of Sean motherfucking Connery - Valaris
  • JOSERUFUSJOSERUFUS NICKGOD>RENIQUE STONE COLD STEVE POONGKO Joined: Posts: 1,339
    edited October 2
    Weren't the beast at Impel down stated to be awakened?

Also crocodile
    Post edited by JOSERUFUS on
    Blackbeard was able to do that the second he got the tremor tremor fruit. I don't think that was an awakened ability so much as just how it was used.

The others tho...who knows. We don't even learn about awakened abilities until the next arc.

What did Blackbeard permanently alter? Afaik he hasn't done anything resembling what Aokiji and Akainu did with his fruit. Also bear in mind Teach's fruit is not normal and has an inherent supremacy over other fruits.

• BullDancerBullDancer Mentos, The Freshmaker Joined: Posts: 9,491
    The dessert will probably be a bargaining chip to keep Big Mom from destroying the entire country. Maybe. They did steal the Poneglyph though which might mean a simple dessert isn't good enough.
    "Rock abandoned Neesa there like you were gonna abandon your son and wife and live alone with your TV"~Akuma-HAX
  • WellmanWellman Joined: Posts: 4,040

Blackbeard also spent years hiding out in Whitebeard's crew, probably watching and absorbing exactly what Whitebeard could do with his powers. Most folk familiar with Whitebeard even recognized how he perfectly copied Whitebeard's attack stance the first time he used it. But regardless, we really don't know what is awakened or not, for a long time X-Men fan, this is on the same sort of theory bender as trying decide who was Omega or not besides the handful that were announced as such before writers made it uncool by making all their OP villains or side characters announced as 'Omega'.

You have been weighed.
    You have been measured.
    And you have absolutely...
    Been found wanting.
    Welcome to the New World. God save you, if it is right that he should do so.
    - A Knight's Tale
  • voodazzvoodazz WORST. RACIST. EVER. Joined: Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    What the hell is dogtooth's devil fruit power anyway??
    www.voodazz.com
    "It's okay to lie to women. They're not people like us."
    -Peter Griffin
    He's made of mochi.
  • BB_HoodyBB_Hoody Nice plane you have there. Be a Shame if something went wrong in flight and it crashed Joined: Posts: 5,017
    I thought the mochi at first was stupid. But the way they explain it makes a lot of sense and makes it pretty damn powerful. Luffy as a rubber man can only stretch or inflate so much. But Dogtooth can just pack on as much Mochi onto an attack as he wants. I think his mochi mochi fruit is the superior version of the gum gum fruit. Like how the original 3 admiral's fruits are superior versions of Ace's. Monet's and Enel's respectively
  • appoappo ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Joined: Posts: 4,780
    shouldnt he be able to just eat it again?

That's the thought, but mochi is sticky as hell. Dogtooth could probably suffocate him with it.
    Every stupid fruit ends up being pretty dangerous. I still thought Donflamingo at first had a dumb ability regarding strings...til he utilized it fully.
    Yeah, I agree. The strings at first didn't seem all that great. I believed he got by simply with his haki since he had conqueror's haki. That is, until I saw this dude flying. He used strings to hold onto the clouds and pull himself up like wtf haha.
    I never underestimated his fruit, but I really knew he was ridiculous when he managed to completely and effortlessly restrain Jozu with his ability. A guy who did this:

latest?cb=20130116150357

• BiousBious Seasons Greetings Joined: Posts: 11,729
    edited October 5
    Apparently that Friday thing was a lie.

http://readms.net/r/one_piece/881/4608/1

Enjoy!

Jesus Christ Luffy is fighting a 9-1 matchup here.
    ░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█▀▀▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░▄█████▄▄█▄░░░░
    ░░░░░▄▄▄▀██████▄▄██░░░░
    ░░▄██░░█░█▀░░▄▄▀█░█░░░▄▄▄▄
    ▄█████░░██░░░▀▀░▀░█▀▀██▀▀▀█▀▄
    █████░█░░▀█░▀▀▀▀▄▀░░░███████▀
    ░▀▀█▄░██▄▄░▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀▀▀
    ░▄████████▀▀▀▄▀░░░░
    ██████░▀▀█▄░░░█▄░░░░
    ░▀▀▀▀█▄▄▀░██████▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░
    Preppy wrote: »
    Panda Express is an Asian plot to destroy your bowels. Winners Just Say No.
    WTF no clue what's going on in the 2nd half.

And break next week.
  • BiousBious Seasons Greetings Joined: Posts: 11,729
    edited October 5
    JOSERUFUS wrote: »
    WTF no clue what's going on in the 2nd half.

And break next week.
    Luffy put the glass shard in his mouth, crushed it while it was still in there, got the crap beat out of him while it was still in there, and then lied and said he was already on the island.

Also Jinbe a beast.
    ░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█▀▀▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░▄█████▄▄█▄░░░░
    ░░░░░▄▄▄▀██████▄▄██░░░░
    ░░▄██░░█░█▀░░▄▄▀█░█░░░▄▄▄▄
    ▄█████░░██░░░▀▀░▀░█▀▀██▀▀▀█▀▄
    █████░█░░▀█░▀▀▀▀▄▀░░░███████▀
    ░▀▀█▄░██▄▄░▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀▀▀
    ░▄████████▀▀▀▄▀░░░░
    ██████░▀▀█▄░░░█▄░░░░
    ░▀▀▀▀█▄▄▀░██████▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░
    Preppy wrote: »
    Panda Express is an Asian plot to destroy your bowels. Winners Just Say No.
    Jinbei 4 MVP! GOAT helmsman!

Damn, it seems those waves weren't made out of candy after all, which means Big Mom can infuse her Soul power into seawater, insane!
    Monkey D. Bluffy's fake happy face was hilarious but belies the fact that he truly knows how screwed he is right now. He knows he doesn't have any trump cards left and the consequences of burning through his haki whilst in Gear 4 is tantamount to suicide. He has to reach a level in order to survive.

Funny how old man Jinbei could see through Luffy's bluff.

• voodazzvoodazz WORST. RACIST. EVER. Joined: Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Luffy is a horrible liar. It's cute when he tries though. Lol
    www.voodazz.com
    "It's okay to lie to women. They're not people like us."
    -Peter Griffin
  • T20thoughtsT20thoughts Shurororororo! Joined: Posts: 1,615
    The "easiest" way for Luffy to win would be to escape out a random mirror with Brulee. Keep her away from mirrors, and you've got a chunk of Big Mom's army and her best fighter trapped.

Loving that both Carrot and Jinbe are slipping into natural roles on the ship.
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Beyond Anger... Ultra Rage Joined: Posts: 26,335
    Uncle Jinbei holding it down... It's as if he was always part of the crew.

Luffy gonna need Bleach levels of ass pull to not die here.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file