One Piece Thread: Gear 2nd!

Comments

• WellmanWellman Joined: Posts: 4,003
    You almost feel bad for that girl, she keeps getting snatched up.
    You have been weighed.
    You have been measured.
    And you have absolutely...
    Been found wanting.
    Welcome to the New World. God save you, if it is right that he should do so.
    - A Knight's Tale
  • GravityGravity Joined: Posts: 2,416
    Luffy made a business decision :lol:
  • Raz0rRaz0r Did you really just write that? Joined: Posts: 25,989 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Why doesn't Brulee just turn off her ability? Is it always on?
    This is offensive.
  • Sacr3DSacr3D Yummy Yummy Donuts! Joined: Posts: 3,229 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited November 10
    dat Luffy face
  • ReticentlyReticently Joined: Posts: 4,095
    Raz0r wrote: »

I guess it is now, even if it wasn't going to be originally.

I think lots of DF have some sort of element of being always-on though. Can Luffy completely shut off being a rubber man? Might be similar.
  • affinityaffinity Joined: Posts: 2,842
    well, the whole travel ability aspect could make the chase lead to the cake faster, which means faster pacing in getting the chase and escape over with.

it seems like the duel won't be resolved in that arc. after the cake eating stuff, the Firetank pirates and Vinsmokes could barely arrive so the Strawhats can escape.

and they gotta update on the Revolutionaries status.
  • p.m novaroad pilotp.m novaroad pilot Joined: Posts: 2,603
    edited November 10
    I think luffy will cause as much chaos as possible around the cake islands
    his crew will assist as well this will put dogtooth in a frantic state where he is vulnerable and luffy will win
  • merdocmerdoc Dont Get Shot. Joined: Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Luffy and the crew dressed in Big moms crew garments looked so cool
    Winning is Everything
    Reticently wrote: »

I guess it is now, even if it wasn't going to be originally.

I think lots of DF have some sort of element of being always-on though. Can Luffy completely shut off being a rubber man? Might be similar.

What a weird decision but I guess it's needed to push the plot along.

And now I'm no longer sure if Dogtooth is in fact a paramecia. He turned into mochi and chased down Luffy. That is some logia shit.
    This is offensive.
  • HarmoNazHarmoNaz SBO5 Team UK Joined: Posts: 1,402
    Ok fine Dogtooth blatantly stronger than Luffy. End of.
    SF4 = scrub fighter 4, jab fighter 4, turtle fighter 4, mash fighter 4, down back fighter 4, shite fucker 4. To think a SUPER version is on its way... :crybaby: EDIT - Stop living in a cave - ULTRA version on the way. EDIT - Its dying. 3s standing strong(er)
  • DukeCDukeC Ultimate Waifu Joined: Posts: 4,405
    Luffy is pretty outclassed.

I wouldn't even say Dogtooth is stronger than Doflamingo actually.
    Nintendo Network ID: DukeC318
    PSN: DukeC101
    Capcom Fighting Network ID for SFV: SarahWalker
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Beyond Anger... Ultra Rage Joined: Posts: 26,012
    Mochi Man is very clearly above Doflamingo... I don't know how anyone could believe otherwise.

Doffy took one punch from Gear 4 and damn near passed out- He couldn't even use strings to block... Dogtooth has traded multiple punches, INCLUDING the same Kong Gun that dropped Doffy, and isn't even winded.

Dogtooth is that damn good.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
  • BB_HoodyBB_Hoody Nice plane you have there. Be a Shame if something went wrong in flight and it crashed Joined: Posts: 4,985
    edited November 11
    po pimpus wrote: »
    Mochi Man is very clearly above Doflamingo... I don't know how anyone could believe otherwise.

Doffy took one punch from Gear 4 and damn near passed out- He couldn't even use strings to block... Dogtooth has traded multiple punches, INCLUDING the same Kong Gun that dropped Doffy, and isn't even winded.

I didn't see Luffy use King kong Gun at all during the fight with Dogtooth. Dogtooth would never give him a chance to wind that punch up
    He literally used it two issues ago.

The fuck, my guy.
    This is offensive.

Nah. It could be Luffy has also leveled up in terms of mastering his haki since the Doffy fight, but he also didn't fight that fight single handedly either.

Doffy was pretty much taking an entire city (who were slowly but surely LOSING against HIS STRINGS), while fighting Luffy and Law at the same time, AND pretty much no sold a meteor with his devil fruit abilities.

Dogtooth is strong yes. But I wouldn't put him that much stronger than Doflamingo.
    I would definitely put Dogtooth over Doflamingo. Doffy's haki isn't as advanced as Dogtooth's as we've already seen plus he has a higher bounty. We all know bounties are the power levels of this shit so yeah.
    This is offensive.
    I wonder if Dogtooth is admiral level or maybe even Garp level
  • ShinjiGohanShinjiGohan Joined: Posts: 5,156 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I would definitely put Dogtooth over Doflamingo. Doffy's haki isn't as advanced as Dogtooth's as we've already seen plus he has a higher bounty. We all know bounties are the power levels of this shit so yeah.

you do remember that bounties of shichibukai's are frozen at the point of which they join the shichibukai.
  • JOSERUFUSJOSERUFUS NICKGOD>RENIQUE STONE COLD STEVE POONGKO Joined: Posts: 1,335
    Really hate the drawback to G4 but then again if he didn't have it he could spam it all the time. Just kind of wish he was stronger in his normal form

And he still hasn't used King Kong gun against katakuri
    MVC2: CABLEFIEND - IRON MAN/SENTINEL/CABLE SSF4: AKUMA/RUFUS
    "I HATE MSP PLAYERS THEY JUST SPAM LK"
  • white shadowwhite shadow WHAT'S MY NAME NYUKAH?!!! Joined: Posts: 13,719 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited November 11
    Sacr3D wrote: »
    I wonder if Dogtooth is admiral level or maybe even Garp level

I doubt it, I don't think he has the haki nor the DF ability to win. He definitely has the skills to survive a confrontation and give them some difficulty, but not win vs a tryhard Admiral.

Katakuri is definitely stronger than Doflamingo. Bounty aside, he's displayed precognitive observation and armaments haki prowess easily surpassing Doflamingo, who was tossed around like a ragdoll vs Gear 4th Luffy and couldn't hurt him, only stall him out. Doflamingo weathered the storm that was G4 Luffy's onslaught, while Katakuri is facing that same threat head on and (currently) winning. If we're to believe that current Luffy is stronger now that makes this an even more impressive feat, especially since Luffy is consuming a tremendous amount of haki in his transformation just to clash with an unfazed Dogtooth.
    BB_Hoody wrote: »

I didn't see Luffy use King kong Gun at all during the fight with Dogtooth. Dogtooth would never give him a chance to wind that punch up

He was specifically talking about Kong Gun, the basic G4 technique, and yeah I agree with you I don't see any way Luffy would have the time to wind up such an attack, unless Katakuri was already immobilized in some way.

Once Luffy fortuitously avoids all these threats and gains his haki back, I don't think Katakuri is going to let him get away with the time limit again as he's shown to learn from his mistakes. Oda has said before that when he creates overpowered villains he doesn't think of a solution on how to beat them until later to challenge himself, and I think this is one of those times where I can see this element coming into play, because honestly, it's very hard seeing Luffy decisively beating this dude.
    Maaaaybe Luffy stealing or ripping his scarf might cut down on his observation haki skill due to his anxious reluctance to show his full visage, but that's all I can think of...
    It could be Esther Baxter vs. Pat Morita in drag and half of this board would be like "black chicks don't really turn me on sooo..." - Randomnigga

" Is Wayne Brady gonna have to choke a bitch?!!!"- Wayne Brady from Chappelle's Show. LOL!!!
  • ReticentlyReticently Joined: Posts: 4,095
    I don't know if Dogtooth is stronger than Doffy, Doffy was already beat to shit by the time Gear 4 came up.

Except the law of manga says the next opponent is always stronger than the one before them.
  • WellmanWellman Joined: Posts: 4,003

Don't forget Doffy took on Law and Luffy for a minute, took an attack from Law that was meant to cause his insides to rupture but using his own ability stitched them back together all while trying to commit genocide via slowly slicing a capital city to pieces, before taking some of those Gear 4 hits. While I can believe Katakuri is stronger overall especially with his observation haki, let us not forget there were a lot of things that went into Luffy's win besides the two or three Gear 4 hits that made up the end of that fight.

Also Luffy has only hit Katakuri cleanly with a few Gear 4 attacks, a haki grab to drag him into the mirror world and a solid kick in their entire battle since donut boy is dodging and blocking thanks to his observation haki. The amount of damage he has been dealt about on par with the first few time when Luffy went against his first Logia in Crocodile, this latest chapter seems to have set up the convenient break up in their current round of fighting enabling Luffy to develop a new strategy or technique on the fly for what is hopefully their next and final battle.
    You have been weighed.
    You have been measured.
    And you have absolutely...
    Been found wanting.
    Welcome to the New World. God save you, if it is right that he should do so.
    - A Knight's Tale
    Gotdamn it. While looking back through the Doffy fight Franky's fight has me in a fit of the giggles right now :rofl:
  • BB_HoodyBB_Hoody Nice plane you have there. Be a Shame if something went wrong in flight and it crashed Joined: Posts: 4,985
    He literally used it two issues ago.

The fuck, my guy.

I'm gonna re-read that chapter then. But IDK how the fuck I missed that then.
  • T20thoughtsT20thoughts Shurororororo! Joined: Posts: 1,612
    Nope, Luffy hasn't used KING Kong Gun yet this fight. Just regular-sized variations. The final blow against Doflo was the super-sized variety which is implied to be a super exhausting attack. Luffy won't use King Kong Gun until he's either desperate or sure it'll end the fight.
  • InfernomanInfernoman Bro as Hell Joined: Posts: 9,553
    In before we see Kong Gattling in his fight vs Dogtooth.
    Who else in a movie wrestled an evil lesbian and by forcefully kissing her, turned her not only heterosexual but good as well? Exactly. That, my friend, is the power of Sean motherfucking Connery - Valaris
  • white shadowwhite shadow WHAT'S MY NAME NYUKAH?!!! Joined: Posts: 13,719 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Mangakami Oda on Wano and other stuff:

DOWmcZTV4AEkUpT?format=jpg

The Wano arc won't occur until 1-2 years from now!

I'm guessing the aftermath of this arc, then the Reverie, and the aftermath of that event (I know some drama will happen there) is why the timeframe is as such.
    It could be Esther Baxter vs. Pat Morita in drag and half of this board would be like "black chicks don't really turn me on sooo..." - Randomnigga

" Is Wayne Brady gonna have to choke a bitch?!!!"- Wayne Brady from Chappelle's Show. LOL!!!
  • JOSERUFUSJOSERUFUS NICKGOD>RENIQUE STONE COLD STEVE POONGKO Joined: Posts: 1,335
    LOL wano was supposedly gonna happen before the end of 2017. Now it's 1-2 years? Holy hell
    MVC2: CABLEFIEND - IRON MAN/SENTINEL/CABLE SSF4: AKUMA/RUFUS
    "I HATE MSP PLAYERS THEY JUST SPAM LK"
    wtf. so what's after Whole Cake Island? Reverie? but that's just a meeting.

isn't Wano where the next Yonko is fought, so then Kaido is fought elsewhere?

oh yea this chapter has great delicious details about whipped cream and chocolate.

anyways, not sure what arcs are between Whole Cake and Wano. it seems awkward, what about reuniting with the ones that went to Wano.

does the interview foreshadow something happens to Sabo and Koala in the news, and plans have to be changed and go somewhere else that's Revolutionaries related?
    If Oda is only putting 40% of his effort into the art as opposed to the story, then HOO BOY...
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
    Hopefully it's just a year but we all know with the destabilization the Mugiwaras will cause at the end of the arc (the Germa 66 and Firetank pirates have their own vendettas that will exacerbate the issue); the inevitable seagull delivery coverage from Fox "Big News" Morgans, the reactions from the WG/Yonko/heavy hitters, and then Luffy and the gang finally getting the hell out of dodge (with possibly higher bounties) will take some time.

Consequentially, in light of the recent events the Reverie won't be going as smoothly as planned, which will be shown by the important political chitter chatter from notable leaders, and the event will probably get interrupted by either DAWKNESS! himself or the Revolutionaries. Then Oda will have to cover the aftermath of this incident...

... and then the Strawhats make it to Wano. *exhales*

edited November 12
    Shinjojin wrote: »
    another 1-2 years

Now I have to wait 1 to 2 more years to see Robin again! ;_;

Not like she ever does anything of note anyway...

Favorite female character is Robin...
  • T20thoughtsT20thoughts Shurororororo! Joined: Posts: 1,612
    edited November 12
    The Reverie arc seems like more of a mid thing like EDIT: Zou - but you don't need any of the main Strawhats there for the arc to mean something.

Reverie gathers basically all the non-pirate allies Luffy and crew have made throughout the series, as well as a buncha antagonists - and of course all the World Government big bads. That's before we even take into account the super high possibility of something or someone disrupting the Reverie and causing chaos.
    Post edited by T20thoughts on
    Hopefully it's just a year but we all know with the destabilization the Mugiwaras will cause at the end of the arc (the Germa 66 and Firetank pirates have their own vendettas that will exacerbate the issue); the inevitable seagull delivery coverage from Fox "Big News" Morgans, the reactions from the WG/Yonko/heavy hitters, and then Luffy and the gang finally getting the hell out of dodge (with possibly higher bounties) will take some time.

Consequentially, in light of the recent events the Reverie won't be going as smoothly as planned, which will be shown by the important political chitter chatter from notable leaders, and the event will probably get interrupted by either DAWKNESS! himself or the Revolutionaries. Then Oda will have to cover the aftermath of this incident...

... and then the Strawhats make it to Wano. *exhales*

lol it shouldn't take even 6 more months for them to escape Whole Cake. and the reverie stuff couldn't be a whole arc in itself since it will generally be summarized just like the capture of Ace back then, which really just showed the battle against Blackbeard pirates, and that didn't take a month.

also if Revolutionaries actually get caught by Blackbeard pirates + Marines, that still seems absurd.

Oda claims final arc will make Marineford look like nothing, when Marineford didn't even go into more detail in the fights. it was too rushed. a lot of flukes. maybe it was intended as a teaser for a greater war later, but there has yet to be a large scale battle in One Piece where all participants get a significant spotlight.
    it can easily surpass Naruto's "ninja world war", though they still gotta do better with the characters in all factions.

it is a shame Robin still has no 1 vs 1 major battle victory to her name, while Nami has at least 4.

Marineford is still the greatest conflict in One Piece to date, though, but they gotta do more with the conflicts in greater detail. and fans shouldn't have to wait to see a war that surpasses Marineford, there's still epic conflicts that could happen along the way and stuff.
    After those I'm guessing the final arc will start with Void Century and Raftel
  • BullDancerBullDancer Mentos, The Freshmaker Joined: Posts: 9,455
    I'm not sure if this has been talked about here, but that thing that the world nobles have that requires eternal life. What could be so dangerous that it (probably) kills the user of said item? It might do something like rapidly age the user or something. But I don't even begin to know if it's a weapon or a something else.
    "Rock abandoned Neesa there like you were gonna abandon your son and wife and live alone with your TV"~Akuma-HAX