One Piece Thread: Gear 2nd!

Comments

• WellmanWellman Joined: Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    affinity wrote: »
    after all that drama of sacrifice before Marineford, isn't whatstheirname, the copy copy fruit user, still alive?
    Corazon was shot by Doflamingo and killed off. Trafalgar was shot by Doflamingo and still survived.

can't really tell with One Piece's awkward plot armor randomness.

Dying in flashbacks is well established, non villain characters dying mid story and staying dead would unusual territory as it was only done in the Marineford arc. Some can argue it raises the stakes but I have read Fairy Tail to the end so lack of death or fake outs will not damage my enjoyment of a story one bit unless it was someone that really should have died and did horrible shit but popularity caused them to still be alive at the end like Orochimaru or Aizen.
    You have been weighed.
    You have been measured.
    And you have absolutely...
    Been found wanting.
    Welcome to the New World. God save you, if it is right that he should do so.
    - A Knight's Tale
  • affinityaffinity Joined: Posts: 3,185
    well that was nice that Aizen didn't kill off Momo. she was still underutilized but Bleach overused some characters that didn't deserve so much spotlight and spammed glorification.
  • King9999King9999 Joined: Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Someone in the comments pointed out that...
    because Pound smiled before he died, he has the "will of D" (Poun D). I don't think so, but I thought it was an interesting observation.
    Switch Friend Code: SW-2722-8799-3295
    PSN/Steam ID/NNID: mmking9999
    Tile Crusher now available on Android & Itch.io!
    "On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." -Satoru Iwata, 1959-2015
  • affinityaffinity Joined: Posts: 3,185
    well that is confusing.

anyways, that cake, even without frosting, looks soooo yummy, it shouldnt take all of next chapter to decorate it.
  • Sacr3DSacr3D Yummy Yummy Donuts! Joined: Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    this cake stuff needs to move a bit faster so we can watch Luffy kick ass
  • ruthless_nashruthless_nash Joined: Posts: 2,247
    King9999 wrote: »
    Someone in the comments pointed out that...
    because Pound smiled before he died, he has the "will of D" (Poun D). I don't think so, but I thought it was an interesting observation.

Im surw he gave lin lin the Poun D'ing of her life
  • Raz0rRaz0r Did you really just write that? Joined: Posts: 26,374 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    dn3000 wrote: »
    Well if they taking down big mom is still part of the plan why not poison the cake? lol

I said this the moment they started doing this cake shit and am stunned Oda didn't take that route.
    Raz0r wrote: »
    I love punk's posting style. Those emotes are hilarious.
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Beyond Anger... Ultra Rage Joined: Posts: 26,976
    I doubt there's any poison short of what Magellan can produce that could take Big Mom down.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
  • JOSERUFUSJOSERUFUS NICKGOD>RENIQUE STONE COLD STEVE POONGKO Joined: Posts: 1,375
    Well Oda already hinted at she may pass out due to sanji's whipped cream
    MVC2: CABLEFIEND - IRON MAN/SENTINEL/CABLE SSF4: AKUMA/RUFUS
    "I HATE MSP PLAYERS THEY JUST SPAM LK"
  • p.m novaroad pilotp.m novaroad pilot Joined: Posts: 2,653
    Yeah she reminds me of snorlax who smooch can even withstand poison easily let's not for get when they first introduced her in the anime and her Flem was fucking acid lmfaooo
  • white shadowwhite shadow WHAT'S MY NAME NYUKAH?!!! Joined: Posts: 13,928 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    JOSERUFUS wrote: »
    Well Oda already hinted at she may pass out due to sanji's whipped cream

Yup, hit her it she feels it the most, her taste buds.

I can't wait for that incident to be reported by "Big News" Morgans as "Mugiwaras knock out Big Mom" as if they bludgeoned her into unconsciousness. Further increasing their threat level to the world.
    It could be Esther Baxter vs. Pat Morita in drag and half of this board would be like "black chicks don't really turn me on sooo..." - Randomnigga

" Is Wayne Brady gonna have to choke a bitch?!!!"- Wayne Brady from Chappelle's Show. LOL!!!
    let's not for get when they first introduced her in the anime and her Flem was fucking acid lmfaooo

What?
  • BullDancerBullDancer Mentos, The Freshmaker Joined: Posts: 9,570
    let's not for get when they first introduced her in the anime and her Flem was fucking acid lmfaooo

What?

What I think he's trying to say: "When Big Mom was introduced, it was implied that her saliva was stomach acid secretions. Hence, it is possible that she has some sort of poison resistance to the things that she eats because her gastrointestinal system is clearly superhuman".
    "Rock abandoned Neesa there like you were gonna abandon your son and wife and live alone with your TV"~Akuma-HAX
  • dn3000dn3000 Joined: Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    what about sea stone shavings?
  • white shadowwhite shadow WHAT'S MY NAME NYUKAH?!!! Joined: Posts: 13,928 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    dn3000 wrote: »
    what about sea stone shavings?

I'm pretty sure the ability to manipulate seastone is a trade secret. Bear in mind seastone is virtually indestructible.
    It could be Esther Baxter vs. Pat Morita in drag and half of this board would be like "black chicks don't really turn me on sooo..." - Randomnigga

" Is Wayne Brady gonna have to choke a bitch?!!!"- Wayne Brady from Chappelle's Show. LOL!!!
  • T20thoughtsT20thoughts Shurororororo! Joined: Posts: 1,619
    Wellman wrote: »
    Some can argue it raises the stakes but I have read Fairy Tail to the end so lack of death or fake outs will not damage my enjoyment of a story one bit unless it was someone that really should have died and did horrible shit but popularity caused them to still be alive at the end like Orochimaru or Aizen.

Goddamn Fairy Tail, where every single character is Pell. Where they don't even bother explaining why someone's not dead anymore. Where they did this at the END OF THE GODDAMN MANGA with a MAJOR CHARACTER who made a MAJOR SACRIFICE and then just...

• El Chupa NegroEl Chupa Negro WALKING PARADOX Joined: Posts: 3,432
    Pound was a faithful black men til the end salute to that black man
    Jeet Kune Do was all about using what worked and discarding the crap. Fei Long is crap... discard him. A real Jeet Kune Do man plays Dudley.-xS A M U R A Ix
  • BullDancerBullDancer Mentos, The Freshmaker Joined: Posts: 9,570
    Superhuman digestive system is not a theory I guess, she lost weight in the few hours that she wasn't constantly eating. She looks like half her original size.
    "Rock abandoned Neesa there like you were gonna abandon your son and wife and live alone with your TV"~Akuma-HAX
  • JOSERUFUSJOSERUFUS NICKGOD>RENIQUE STONE COLD STEVE POONGKO Joined: Posts: 1,375
    Doesn't say it at the end but break next week then another chapter then break again :/

Hype chapter, this will help me with the breaks.
    *note to self- If I ever search for Carrot, make sure I put filters on*

Rule 34 be damned.
    I'm kinda disappointed at another quick segueway involving Luffy and Katakuri. I know Oda will tie it all together eventually but I'm much more invested in seeing how Luffy will topple this monster than anything else currently happening.

The cover art is pretty interesting. it seems the Longarm and Longleg tribe have been in conflict for a possibly hundreds of years and now have brokered a peace agreement and created a pirate crew. I wonder what started that conflict in the first place?

Can you imagine how beastly a Were-Nekomamushi would be? As if he wasn't brolic enough lol.

Sacr3D wrote: »
    https://readms.net/r/one_piece/888/4758/1?t=2&f=0&e=1

Holy fucking shit! That's a freaking Super Saiyan 3!!

lol and she gained Sharingan as well
  • dreandrean Joined: Posts: 877
    So, Carrot is basically Blanka now?
    Oda has to stop cockteasing this Luffy fight holy fuck. Talk about dragging.
    She unleashed her oozaru form
  • WellmanWellman Joined: Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited December 2017
    Carrot was interesting before... now brother is intrigued.

The way Chopper is looking I wonder if he is going to chemically enhance himself (or others) to have a similar form down the line especially since Monster point got hit with the Nerf stick post debut at Ennies Lobby.
    You have been weighed.
    You have been measured.
    And you have absolutely...
    Been found wanting.
    Welcome to the New World. God save you, if it is right that he should do so.
    - A Knight's Tale
  • p.m novaroad pilotp.m novaroad pilot Joined: Posts: 2,653
    oda did say that he loves dragonball
    good chapter though i wish we had seen what luffy is gonna do
    that shit was such a tease lmfao
    it least could have given us a glimpse into what he can do.

chopper looking like thats my girl lol

shit looked like ninetales combined with ss3 form
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Beyond Anger... Ultra Rage Joined: Posts: 26,976
    edited December 2017
    Lol Carrot hit them with the "..and this... is to go FURTHER BEYOND!

I was dying at the stoner cannonball...

"Who are we aiming at?"
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
  • InfernomanInfernoman Bro as Hell Joined: Posts: 9,896 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    The cannonballs were a nice chuckle. Especially the line saying not to use them for the next shot.

Carrot looking like a cute werebunny. She can stay for sure in the crew. Chopper wants that cotton tail.
    Who else in a movie wrestled an evil lesbian and by forcefully kissing her, turned her not only heterosexual but good as well? Exactly. That, my friend, is the power of Sean motherfucking Connery - Valaris
    so where does carrot fit in the crews power ranking? number 3 or 4? better than sanji or zorro?
  • ruthless_nashruthless_nash Joined: Posts: 2,247
    Can definitely see Carrot join the crewe. She loves adventure, has good but not overpowered abilities, is a new race and also the crew is due another female member.
  • El Chupa NegroEl Chupa Negro WALKING PARADOX Joined: Posts: 3,432
    So Shuron maybe their actual form they look more human like and get stronger .Hmmm
    Jeet Kune Do was all about using what worked and discarding the crap. Fei Long is crap... discard him. A real Jeet Kune Do man plays Dudley.-xS A M U R A Ix
  • ReticentlyReticently Joined: Posts: 4,368
    Full moon Carrot might be stronger than any actual Strawhat at this point. We'll have to wait and see to be sure, but taking on a full fleet as sea solo is no joke.
  • appoappo (¬‿¬) Joined: Posts: 5,263
    edited December 2017
    Reticently wrote: »
    Full moon Carrot might be stronger than any actual Strawhat at this point. We'll have to wait and see to be sure, but taking on a full fleet as sea solo is no joke.

she scratched and bite some weaklings and broke the ships wheel...she might break a path due to the ship crashing others but i doubt she is going to be a heavy hitter...

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file