One Piece Thread: Gear 2nd!

Comments

• white shadowwhite shadow WHAT'S MY NAME NYUKAH?!!! Joined: Posts: 13,863 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    The Soru Soru no Mi doesn't work on corpses only living beings and inanimate objects, so I think I'm in the clear. Lol
    It could be Esther Baxter vs. Pat Morita in drag and half of this board would be like "black chicks don't really turn me on sooo..." - Randomnigga

" Is Wayne Brady gonna have to choke a bitch?!!!"- Wayne Brady from Chappelle's Show. LOL!!!
  • Raz0rRaz0r Did you really just write that? Joined: Posts: 26,278 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Death seems pretty permanent in this series tho.
    Raz0r wrote: »
    I love punk's posting style. Those emotes are hilarious.
  • WellmanWellman Joined: Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    dn3000 wrote: »
    will it be a foodgasm into friendship so jutsu? or will the just make their escape during big moms foodgasm?

If this was Oda uncut... that foogasm would be hardcore, explicit and probably have some poop jokes in there. But One Piece can't go too risque... in manga panels, so expect maybe some potentially lewd facial expressions and her to be so taken by the cake she falls into a sugar coma.

At the start of this arc I figured Oda would have no problems with Luffy beating up on Big Mom due to Alvida, but he must have either seen 2017 coming or decided based on his own morals (or wallet induced morality), punching someone else's mom/grandmother wouldn't be the best thing for the franchise.

Whatever, I just want after securing Jimbei as part of the crew to pick up either Pudding or Zeus (or both if possible) as potential crew or tag alongs. Pudding because the three eye hot tsundere thing was a unknown weakness I discovered about myself and like. Zeus because Nami using a dopey looking cloud as her personal transport seems too awesome not to be a recurring thing. #Pudding4Strawhat #FreeZeusTheCloud
    You have been weighed.
    You have been measured.
    And you have absolutely...
    Been found wanting.
    Welcome to the New World. God save you, if it is right that he should do so.
    - A Knight's Tale
    The fuck are you talking about?

As far as the story goes, Luffy tried to fight Big Mom but wasn't strong enough.
    The fuck are you talking about?

As far as the story goes, Luffy tried to fight Big Mom but wasn't strong enough.

Yeah, but it did not connect with her face. So you can't say Luffy's beat her up. Even now, she appears to be burning through reserves due to hunger so the odds of her having a knock down fight with anyone are nil if the cake lives up to expectations. I am saying Big Mom is going to lose but not getting the traditional beat down and that will go to her son with my belief that it isn't so much Luffy not being at the appropriate strength the main factor for this but the fact that she is a woman and the optics of a main hero being shown busting up even a giant old woman playing the biggest factor as to why.
    You have been weighed.
    You have been measured.
    Been found wanting.
    - A Knight's Tale
  • affinityaffinity Joined: Posts: 3,062
  • JOSERUFUSJOSERUFUS NICKGOD>RENIQUE STONE COLD STEVE POONGKO Joined: Posts: 1,360
    https://jaiminisbox.com/reader/read/one-piece-2/en/0/890/page/1

I THOUGHT THERE WAS A BREAK!! Christmas miracle
    MVC2: CABLEFIEND - IRON MAN/SENTINEL/CABLE SSF4: AKUMA/RUFUS
    "I HATE MSP PLAYERS THEY JUST SPAM LK"
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Beyond Anger... Ultra Rage Joined: Posts: 26,760
    edited December 2017
    Jump goes on break at New Years but it typically leaks early anyway. Good find.
    Uncle Jimbei holding it down, and Brook continues to show his non-existent ass.

Poor Zeus... Nami is even more frightening than Big Mom.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
    I need a Brook "May I see your panties?" shirt STAT.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
  • InfernomanInfernoman Bro as Hell Joined: Posts: 9,769 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    If they didn't mention it's a year of Sanji you'd think it's a year of Brook. Seriously though I'm really happy he's stepped up and against an emperor as well. Mad props
    Who else in a movie wrestled an evil lesbian and by forcefully kissing her, turned her not only heterosexual but good as well? Exactly. That, my friend, is the power of Sean motherfucking Connery - Valaris
  • Sacr3DSacr3D Yummy Yummy Donuts! Joined: Posts: 3,326 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Yohohohoho! That is all.
    Given how he slice the cloud underneath her how are we sure Brook did not take a peak?

Also I am glad Nami got to steal Zeus, a sentient flying cloud is the perfect familiar for Nami the weather witch.

Great chapter, but does this leak mean we are without new chapters for two weeks or three?
    You have been weighed.
    You have been measured.
    Been found wanting.
    - A Knight's Tale
    Probably going two weeks without a chapter now.
  • WilWil Joined: Posts: 6,260
    edited December 2017
    Wellman wrote: »
    Given how he slice the cloud underneath her how are we sure Brook did not take a peak?

Also I am glad Nami got to steal Zeus, a sentient flying cloud is the perfect familiar for Nami the weather witch.

Great chapter, but does this leak mean we are without new chapters for two weeks or three?

A break for a week or two is how Shonen Jump usually starts the new year.
    SFV: Cammy, Ibuki, Kolin
    edited December 2017
    the plot armor is absurd. how would these Strawhats survive an evil Whitebeard chasing after them?

like really
    they made a Yonko look like an incompetent fool. well guess people could argue Linlin's starvation can also effects her mind processing.
  • appoappo (¬‿¬) Joined: Posts: 5,097
    affinity wrote: »
    the plot armor is absurd. how would these Strawhats survive an evil Whitebeard chasing after them?

like really
    they made a Yonko look like an incompetent fool. well guess people could argue Linlin's starvation can also effects her mind processing.

you do realize that she is out of her mind the whole time during the chase? of course she is right now not acting smart or reasonable.

• ReticentlyReticently Joined: Posts: 4,275
    Big Mom is pretty hamstrung not wanting to destroy a "hidden" cake. Plus she needs to hold something back to make sure she keeps herself out of the water.

Definitely not seeing her at full potential.
    appo wrote: »

like really

you do realize that she is out of her mind the whole time during the chase? of course she is right now not acting smart or reasonable.

but Jinbe just
    knocked her off the ship
    sure the drained excuse is used, but a
    starving Yonko
    should be more desperate and dangerous and have greater reflexes than a well fed monster that's occupied with overconfidence.

like really

but Jinbe just
    knocked her off the ship
    sure the drained excuse is used, but a
    starving Yonko
    should be more desperate and dangerous and have greater reflexes than a well fed monster that's occupied with overconfidence.

The woman is criminally insane on a good day, at this point she is driven only for the desire of cake, she is not thinking about anything from defense or even a viable offense, it is all about cake. Jimbei getting a lucky shot and the Crew working together to outwit her isn't that big of a knock on her individual power.
    You have been weighed.
    You have been measured.
    Been found wanting.
    - A Knight's Tale
    Bious wrote: »
    Don’t talk to Affinity.

go and lick your ass, catboy :coffee:

Bious is right.
    edited January 1
    Bious is right.
    tumblr_o8mek9uLht1u5f1wao1_400.gif

I don't know whether to be angrier that you ruined that hilarious scene with that half-ass gif, or that you're defending affinity's dumb shit opinions...
  • BiousBious Seasons Greetings Joined: Posts: 11,984
    Bious wrote: »
    Don’t talk to Affinity.

go and lick your ass, catboy :coffee:

How many newds did it promise you to shill for it?
    ░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█▀▀▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░▄█████▄▄█▄░░░░
    ░░░░░▄▄▄▀██████▄▄██░░░░
    ░░▄██░░█░█▀░░▄▄▀█░█░░░▄▄▄▄
    ▄█████░░██░░░▀▀░▀░█▀▀██▀▀▀█▀▄
    █████░█░░▀█░▀▀▀▀▄▀░░░███████▀
    ░▀▀█▄░██▄▄░▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀▀▀
    ░▄████████▀▀▀▄▀░░░░
    ██████░▀▀█▄░░░█▄░░░░
    ░▀▀▀▀█▄▄▀░██████▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░
    Preppy wrote: »
    Panda Express is an Asian plot to destroy your bowels. Winners Just Say No.
    edited January 1
    po pimpus wrote: »
    I don't know whether to be angrier that you ruined that hilarious scene with that half-ass gif, or that you're defending affinity's dumb shit opinions...

the longer version wouldnt fit, and where exactly did i defend his "dumb shit" ? maybe you should reread my reply to affinity....

• JOSERUFUSJOSERUFUS NICKGOD>RENIQUE STONE COLD STEVE POONGKO Joined: Posts: 1,360
    edited January 4
    Extended version of that one other interview https://mobile.twitter.com/sandman_AP/status/947091087490916352

Wait NVM, just all of his interviews from 2017... I guess?
    is there a break this week?

is there a break this week?

Chapter was supposed to drop this week and the break was supposed to occur around last week but chapter got leaked super early.
  • BiousBious Seasons Greetings Joined: Posts: 11,984
    I'm gonna miss all of you the most :(
    ░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█▀▀▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░▄█████▄▄█▄░░░░
    ░░░░░▄▄▄▀██████▄▄██░░░░
    ░░▄██░░█░█▀░░▄▄▀█░█░░░▄▄▄▄
    ▄█████░░██░░░▀▀░▀░█▀▀██▀▀▀█▀▄
    █████░█░░▀█░▀▀▀▀▄▀░░░███████▀
    ░▀▀█▄░██▄▄░▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀▀▀
    ░▄████████▀▀▀▄▀░░░░
    ██████░▀▀█▄░░░█▄░░░░
    ░▀▀▀▀█▄▄▀░██████▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░
    Preppy wrote: »
    Panda Express is an Asian plot to destroy your bowels. Winners Just Say No.
  • InfernomanInfernoman Bro as Hell Joined: Posts: 9,769 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    abandon ship...

Who else in a movie wrestled an evil lesbian and by forcefully kissing her, turned her not only heterosexual but good as well? Exactly. That, my friend, is the power of Sean motherfucking Connery - Valaris
  • CloudEnvyCloudEnvy I'll drop the freaking moon! Joined: Posts: 900
    There's a one piece channel in the discord. You guys should join.
    Watch me stream with my friends twitch.tv/superscrubbrothers

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file