KOF character tiers...storyline wise?

rikcrikc Joined: Posts: 520
I was surprised I couldn't find this, maybe I'm just not googling right.

Anyway, are there any lists out there, or does anyone have their own personal lists?

Comments

• caliagent#3caliagent#3 Caliagent Bobblehead Joined: Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Top tier:
    chang

that's all you need to know
    Whiff your entire SOUL into c.MK in 3S.
    Footsies guide: www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbpXplP_WFE
  • KougaKouga Unblockable Traps!!! Joined: Posts: 306
    Orochi >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Rest of the cast

Then I think it's Yashiro, then Chris/Shermie/Goenitz

Then the heros (Kyo, Terry, Ryo?)

I think that much is right. dunno after that though. I'm not too knowledgeable on KoF story
    I don't friend random people. If you want to shoot me an invite on PSN be sure to mention you are from SRK.
    BB: Litchi, BANG
    SFIV: Abel, Cammy
    When chang began to stomp like kim, he attained his own "Korean orochi" powers. Thus chang > everyone else
  • Amazing FunbagsAmazing Funbags The J-Cup Lover Joined: Posts: 17,792
    Well theres no official tier list and the "Plot guide" has been said to be just a fanfic...but I would guess that Orochi, Goenitz, and Ignitz would have to be top-tier.
    Boobologist Ph.D
  • SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
    Orochis Tier 1 I know that.
    I think Igniz is around there too. Possibly Omega Rugal as well

Kyo Terry K' Iori and Ryo are all 2 Rugal I think goes here as well.

I think Athena is supposed to be pretty powerfull too as is Kula.
    Thats a hard one. Ill keep the characters introduced in 2003 out, considering we dont have much info... I would assume Ash and Duo Lon are together with Kyo and Iori, though.

Orochi is number one. Then Goenitz.

Ignitz, Ron, Original Zero, Krizalid, Rugal should follow.

Kyo, Kagura, Iori, K, Kula, the Orochi (Chris, Yashiro, Shermie, Vice, Mature, Yamazaki, Gaidel), Saisyu.

Then Geese (Saisyu and Geese should be pretty close).

Then the rest.

Out of the "normal" characters, Bao, Athena, Kensou, K9999, Angel, Foxy, Takuma and Leona are the most powerful.

I tried to put those somehow in order of power, but some stuff is hard, like comparing Kula (who is supposed to be almost equal to K which is slightly lower than Kyo) to the Orochis...
  • FullMetalRossFullMetalRoss That Hurt! Liar... Joined: Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    But Takuma stopped a frikkin' orbital laser wiht his fireball!!!! Kyo and Iori couldn't have done that. Takuma is on another level from most of the cast.
    <<>>
    Geese is strong enough to have created his own dark bloodline. *Rock Howard's powers weren't all from Terry's training* He is atleast equal to Yamazaki if not all of the "normal" orochi clan.
    KabukiMono wrote:
    But Takuma stopped a frikkin' orbital laser wiht his fireball!!!! Kyo and Iori couldn't have done that. Takuma is on another level from most of the cast.

The thing with Takuma is that, cannon-wise, he is always holding back when he fights. Its only when hes in "Mr. Karate" mode that he fights seriously (like in SVC, as a boss). Saving King was a big deal, so he didnt hold back.

Theres no "Mr. Karate" in KOF, so i kept him out. He would most likely be, if i had to say, right below Kyo (which has the strongest move of all regular characters in the series, cannon-wise).
  • OrangeCatOrangeCat Life is a highway Joined: Posts: 1,455
    Ratio 6 geese....end of thread.

OC
    Street Fighter 4 made my pants go to poopy town. YEAH THAT'S RIGHT I POOPED MY PANTS!
  • XTGXTG Gimme mah DYREKTEEV Joined: Posts: 2,363
    i would think "Mr.Karate" would be at least Tier 2 level...
    a real job, first day of a road trip, or a blowjob should be the only reason to wake up at 7am
    shouldnt geese be higher? u cant kill him! :mad:

Oriochi & Goe died like bitches to that kyo & iori right? :confused:

Isnt evil kyo stronger then kyo since hes evil? :devil:
    wow you nubs can't read huh?

chang> everyone

He has a ball and chain, plus he has a stomp. Top tier.
  • SerpentSerpent Holy Phoenix Joined: Posts: 3,730 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Chang man. Nothing can beat his spinning ball, NOTHING! NOTHING I SAY!!!
    lol don't forget the auto guard
    danomyte wrote:
    shouldnt geese be higher? u cant kill him! :mad:

Oriochi & Goe died like bitches to that kyo & iori right? :confused:

Isnt evil kyo stronger then kyo since hes evil? :devil:

Evil Kyo? You mean Kusanagi? He doesnt exist. Hes not a person, just an essence summoned by Kagura.

And Orochi and Goenitz were beaten by Kyo and Iori together, then kept from coming back by Kagura.

Theres no specific explanation on how Rugal, Zero or Ignitz were beaten, but theyre defeated by teams (Kyo team or Kteam), not a single character.
  • js2756js2756 Joined: Posts: 169
    Rugal is in no way stronger than ANY of the true Orochi (Orochi, Yashiro, Shermie, Chris, Goenitz). End of KoF 95 shows that he cannot control the orochi power, yet those 4 can.

The strongest of the non-boss characters are: Kyo, Iori, Chizuru, K', Kula, Kensou, Leona, Mature, Vice, Yamazaki, etc.

Essentially, the flame wielders, people infused with flame wielding powers, those with the Orochi blood, and the Psycho Soldiers are the strongest of the normal cast.
  • HellSapHellSap Plz dont let me die today Joined: Posts: 528
    Dont forget Shingo, he has a flame now! HOW SWEET IS THAT!
    Always and forever... Conspiring with the devil, conquering together
    D/L Star Control 2 at http://sourceforge.net/projects/sc2/
    http://randomselect.groups.pdx.edu/
    HellSap wrote:
    Dont forget Shingo, he has a flame now! HOW SWEET IS THAT!

oh yeah...and let's not for get his critical hit!! But he's still not as godly as chang with a stomp. that shit is too good
  • XTGXTG Gimme mah DYREKTEEV Joined: Posts: 2,363
    dont forget random qcf C unblockable in KOF98
    a real job, first day of a road trip, or a blowjob should be the only reason to wake up at 7am
  • Violent RyoViolent Ryo Mistuurrr KaraTEH! Joined: Posts: 382
    The closest thing to an official tier list from SNK is the Card Fighters game on NeoGeo Pocket Color, and thats what I'm going to post now.

Geese : 1500

Terry, Iori: 1000

Ryo: 900 (Ryo is the only one in the whole list with a 900 rating O.O" )

Kyo, Andy, Yamazaki: 800

K', Robert, Joe, Kim, Billy, Yashiro(reg): 700

Mai, King, Athena, Heidren, Maxima, Benimaru, Geonitz: 600

Takuma, Yuri, Kensou, Mary, Shermie(reg), Daimon: 500

Leona, Ralf, Clark, Chris(reg), Saisyu, Shingo, Kasumi, Mature, Vice: 400

I only posted popular/main stay characters for now, but if you want ratings on other characters, ask.

Capcom characters are also available since this Card game was vs. Capcom.
    KOFXIII: Ryo Rob Tak (Art of Fighting Team)
    KOF 98UM: EX-Ryo Brian Kyo Terry Eiji Tak
    SSFIVAE: Dan
    KOF XI: Ryo (Leader) + 2 Random
    Isn't Chizuru counted as a boss? She was the boss of, what was it, KOF96? 97?
    Chizuru: 300
  • kane_warheadkane_warhead Blanka forever Joined: Posts: 1,532
    Fuck all of those KOF characters

Terry owns them all for free.
    Sunod-Ako.com - Your Total Resource to Philippine Fighting Gaming
  • blackaddeblackadde Don't let me down! Joined: Posts: 4,395 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    OrangeCat wrote:
    Ratio 6 geese....end of thread.

OC

Truth. Raging Pretzel > Shin Orochi Jesus.
    The Rindoukan Bible: A Makoto Guidebook - http://otersi.com/rindoukan/
  • dn3000dn3000 Joined: Posts: 3,320 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Storywise:

Orochi (is not dead... he's in slumber for a next 100/1000 years)
    Dragon spirit (if they ever continue the storylne! :confused: )
    geonitz (either sealed or dead)
    mukai/igniz (he might be higher though..)
    Omega rugal, Mr karate (takuma)(not sure about these two though)
    Kyo, Iori, K', Ash? zero/real zero, krizalid
    Geese, Terry, Ryo (Mr.Karate)
    Krauser
    Rest of cast
    yo dn3000 are u the guy with the Mr. Karate screenshots in FatalFury Wild Ambition from way back?
    Geese is numba 1 his insurance Claims for falling of bulidings is un rivaled.
    "opps here i go agian billy"
    "hey hey hey"
    Fuck all of those KOF characters

Terry owns them all for free.

Freakin agreed.
    Ralf's old Galactica Phantom>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>entire Kof cast
    Time_Stop wrote:
    Thats a hard one. Ill keep the characters introduced in 2003 out, considering we dont have much info... I would assume Ash and Duo Lon are together with Kyo and Iori, though.

Orochi is number one. Then Goenitz.

Ignitz, Ron, Original Zero, Krizalid, Rugal should follow.

Kyo, Kagura, Iori, K, Kula, the Orochi (Chris, Yashiro, Shermie, Vice, Mature, Yamazaki, Gaidel), Saisyu.

Then Geese (Saisyu and Geese should be pretty close).

Then the rest.

Out of the "normal" characters, Bao, Athena, Kensou, K9999, Angel, Foxy, Takuma and Leona are the most powerful.

I tried to put those somehow in order of power, but some stuff is hard, like comparing Kula (who is supposed to be almost equal to K which is slightly lower than Kyo) to the Orochis...

am sorry to say that the nest team are not normal. i'll posted my tier's soon ^_^
    what do you mean "my tiers"...?

wtf is up with everyone making up ratings
  • JeRonJeRon The Dictatorship Joined: Posts: 968
    Chris does not exist because Orochi possesed his body. There is only a clone of him which by story was killed off by Yashiro.

Orochi is the most powerfullest force in KOF IMO.
    Yashiro/Shermie/Yamazaki/BloodRiot Iori and Blood Riot Leona/Geonitz/Vice/Mature

Yamazaki is by far the most powerfullest Orochi since he "NEVER" uses his full potential and still kills everyone in the KOF roster. Except for Terry and Kyo.

I say its
    1.Orochi
    2.Geonitz
    3.Yashiro/Yamazaki
    4.Kyo
    5.BloodRiot Iori/Mature
    I will win with skill! Quote dedicated to ChunLi Zhang, Strongest woman in the world!
    The closest thing to an official tier list from SNK is the Card Fighters game on NeoGeo Pocket Color, and thats what I'm going to post now.

Geese : 1500

Terry, Iori: 1000

Ryo: 900 (Ryo is the only one in the whole list with a 900 rating O.O" )

Kyo, Andy, Yamazaki: 800

K', Robert, Joe, Kim, Billy, Yashiro(reg): 700

Mai, King, Athena, Heidren, Maxima, Benimaru, Geonitz: 600

Takuma, Yuri, Kensou, Mary, Shermie(reg), Daimon: 500

Leona, Ralf, Clark, Chris(reg), Saisyu, Shingo, Kasumi, Mature, Vice: 400

I only posted popular/main stay characters for now, but if you want ratings on other characters, ask.

Capcom characters are also available since this Card game was vs. Capcom.

Thats definetly not valid. Theres a lot of messy stuff. Goenitz on the same level as Heidern? Heidern was beaten by Rugal who was beaten by Goenitz.

I know thats from a SNK game, but... no way.
  • SerpentSerpent Holy Phoenix Joined: Posts: 3,730 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Time_Stop wrote:
    Thats definetly not valid. Theres a lot of messy stuff. Goenitz on the same level as Heidern? Heidern was beaten by Rugal who was beaten by Goenitz.

Exactly, it doesn't even have Chang. But I hacked into the game and found Chang's rating. They didn't include him because he broke the game. No I mean literally, he broke it, the number was too big to fit on the screen and the game kept crashing.

Chang: ____

Serp, SRK can't handle Chang's ginormous awesomeness. That number takes up so much bandwidth that we'd need a 5 year rule between posts. I editted it out to save SRK, but don't try that again. This is your last warning.

-Wiz

Last edited by Mr. Wizard today at 09:07 PM
  • BIG BAD MOGBIG BAD MOG Tough, yet Fluffy Joined: Posts: 2,019 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Orochi
    Goenitz
    O. Yashiro, O. Shermie, O. Chris
    O. Iori, O. Leona
    Igniz
    Zero
    Kyo, Iori, Chizuru, K'
    Yashiro, Shermie, Chris
    Krizalid

That's what I'm putting. I didn't put up Rugal since Vice and Mature were supposed to be his assistants from Goenitz to keep him in check, but at the same time they were killed by O. Iori before they could go into any blood riot mode. Yama may be part of the Orochi, but he hasn't shown it either.
  • WellmanWellman Joined: Posts: 3,862
    I have never understood why people put Goenitz right under Orochi. Seriously what evidence is there other than destroying a stadium in a cut scene?

If anything I would place him at about the same place as other bosses like the Nest group and other Orochi's. Although with the way 2003 depicted it Mukai should already be stronger than Goenitz was, what with after taking a savage beating still being able to walk away in dramatic fashion.
    You have been weighed.
    You have been measured.
    And you have absolutely...
    Been found wanting.
    Welcome to the New World. God save you, if it is right that he should do so.
    - A Knight's Tale
    Time_Stop wrote:

Allright, I will definately agree with you that there are some inaccurate ratings (Mr. Karate from AOF = 700, Geonitz so low, wth), but when has anyone ever seen a tier list from SNK themselves?

This is the only thing I have ever seen from SNK themselves:

SNK vs Capcom Card Fighters

SVC Card Fighters Cover Poster

If anyone has another official SNK endorsed tier list, they should post up info/links instead of just making up ratings based on our interpretations and knowledge of the KOF universe, while there will be some accurate ratings, there will also be those that are not.
    Ralf's old Galactica Phantom>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>entire Kof cast

heh , from 97-2000 a counter sdm Galactica Phantom was an instant K.O hehe
    Well, I'll give my piece of opinion here (keep in mind I have not played 2003 extensively, so I won't include the new character from there here... actually, I haven't been to these boards since 2003 either :p I wonder if anyone here would remember me at all...)

1.) Orochi (by far)
    2.) Geese w/ancient scrolls (rbff series), Goenitz
    3.) Ignis, Zero, Orochi Rugal, O.Chris/Yashiro/Shermie, O.Iori, O.Leona
    4.) Kyo, Iori, K', Terry, Ryo, Dragon Spirit Kensou, K9999
    5.) Krizalid, Chizuru, Rugal, Geese, Takuma, Krauser, Yamazaki
    6.) Ikari Squad, Robert, Andy, Kim, Jhun, Billy, Eiji, Mature, Vice, Goro, Benimaru, Angel, Foxy, Seth, Chin, Blue Mary, Maxima
    7.) Joe, Kensou, Athena, Mai, King, Chang, Vanessa, Ramon
    8.) Yuri, Choi, Kasumi, Bao, Xiangfei, Hinako

Something like that... I'm sure I forgot some ppl in there too..
    Wellman wrote:
    I have never understood why people put Goenitz right under Orochi. Seriously what evidence is there other than destroying a stadium in a cut scene?

If anything I would place him at about the same place as other bosses like the Nest group and other Orochi's. Although with the way 2003 depicted it Mukai should already be stronger than Goenitz was, what with after taking a savage beating still being able to walk away in dramatic fashion.

Goenitz is much stronger than Kyo (he defeated Kyo very easily between KOF95 and 96, forcing him to change his fighting style). Kyo being the strongest non-boss in KOF. Goenitz smacked Kagura around. He killed Maki (Kaguras twin sister, which was stronger than Kagura... you can fight her spirit in 2003). He also defeated (again very easily) Rugal and took his eye. Kyo, Iori and Kagura had to fight together to defeat Goenitz. Considering that they are the strongest characters, it should be a pretty big deal.

Also, Goenitz is the strongest of all the Eight Heads of Orochi. Hes "second in command", and answers only to Orochi himself.

Mukai and the new guys may be stronger than Goenitz, but we dont really know for sure.
    Time_Stop wrote:
    Goenitz is much stronger than Kyo (he defeated Kyo very easily between KOF95 and 96, forcing him to change his fighting style). Kyo being the strongest non-boss in KOF. Goenitz smacked Kagura around. He killed Maki (Kaguras twin sister, which was stronger than Kagura... you can fight her spirit in 2003). He also defeated (again very easily) Rugal and took his eye. Kyo, Iori and Kagura had to fight together to defeat Goenitz. Considering that they are the strongest characters, it should be a pretty big deal.

Also, Goenitz is the strongest of all the Eight Heads of Orochi. Hes "second in command", and answers only to Orochi himself.

Mukai and the new guys may be stronger than Goenitz, but we dont really know for sure.

Yup, Kyo, Iori, Chizuru all would have NOTHING on Goenitz if they fought 1-on-1 against him. He deserves to be right under Orochi IMO. I'd argue that Jin brothers or Geese who are fully powered with ancient scrolls COULD be strong as him, but that's a different game anyway (though still "king of fighters" tournament).
  • DanSCDanSC Joined: Posts: 599
    what/who is orochi?
    DanSC wrote:
    what/who is orochi?

The most powerful being in the KOF universe ^_^

he's a god who plays a important part in KOF storyline from 95 to 97. He wants everything to return to nothingness (I wonder if they got the inspiration from Final Fantasy V in any way -_-;;)
  • KorigamaKorigama 所在無い Joined: Posts: 547
    Another one of these topics. Well, since they never go anywhere, I won't bother saying anything, since the only thing that's official is that Orochi > everyone else, and everything else is just speculation.
    KoF XIII // Kula/Iori/Mature | 3S // Dudley (SA I) | TvC // Saki/Tekkaman Blade | BB // Tsubaki, Noel, Valkenhayn | MvC3 // Dante/X-23/Amaterasu
  • FlameAngelZFlameAngelZ I'm gonna fuck you up! Joined: Posts: 862
    Fucking haters.... K9999 represent!!!! bitches! He's up there with Kyo, Iori, K'.
    Fuck... this brings back memories...

Also if I recall correctly (havent seen a KoF storywise tiers discussion in a while) Igniz was 2nd strongest, only surpassed by Orochi, who we know is the strongest being in fighting game history!

Cant wait for the next KoF to see whats up!
    Exclusive Zappa Player!

FlameAngelX got banned... for excessive use of the word "robots".
  • dn3000dn3000 Joined: Posts: 3,320 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    yo dn3000 are u the guy with the Mr. Karate screenshots in FatalFury Wild Ambition from way back?
    Yep. Ryo/Mr.Karate kiscks ass for free!
  • kane_warheadkane_warhead Blanka forever Joined: Posts: 1,532
    In Garou: Mark of the Wolves

Everyone says that Terry is the true King of Fighters.
    Sunod-Ako.com - Your Total Resource to Philippine Fighting Gaming
  • js2756js2756 Joined: Posts: 169
    Goenitz was defeated by Kyo and Iori only, not along with Chizuru. She was out of commission when they fought her. Iori also did not go into his riot of the blood mode when they fought either.

It is possible to pull A LOT of information about how strong people are from the correct endings of the KoF games. Like the SF games, not all the endings are canon, but some are (for example, the weapons of god team (Kyo, Iori, Chizuru) is the canon ending for KoF 97). Usually, the hero team is the proper canon ending, but not always.
    god tier orochi
    low god tier mukai, ingiz ,goenitz ,original zero ,the heavenly kings o.iori, o. leona,krauser, geese, zero, krizalid,
    top tier terry ,kyo, iori, k ,k9999, ash, dou lon, benimaru, lin, foxy, kusanagi, everyone else mid to low tier