dontblowthis.com Super Turbo Revolution stream!

Comments

• TheSeanAlfeTheSeanAlfe You gettin' better! Joined: Posts: 68
    Cool stream; any ST streaming is a good thing.

And just as I was about to click post, the stream died suddenly. Huh.
  • CorrosiveCorrosive The Starting Over Joined: Posts: 1,352
    It's back up.
    It's best that you remain close to the "Ls", Joe.
  • oldschool_BRoldschool_BR Projectile spammer Joined: Posts: 2,442
    The stream has been awesome. Thanks you very much for this. Tecmo, Howard, "Kuragatti," Rambo, Chris, NH2, damdai and DSP did great.

It is up again, BTW (edit: Corrosive beat me to it, lol).
  • mayor mcjustinmayor mcjustin Betty White = GDLK Joined: Posts: 1,801
    I might add I fucking hate playing damdai's O. Hawk. Fucking bastard lol

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy
    ST: Dee Jay
    Persona 4 Arena: I have no idea yet !!!!
  • TetsuosanTetsuosan Watahh Joined: Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Just updated the first post with links to today's stream, new promo video #3 and a behind the scenes video showing our setup.

Thank you very much to those that watched as it was our most succesful stream to date with 400-500 people watching for the 7 hrs we streamed! Unfortunately cole and sabin could not make it last minute. We will try to get those guys in here again hopefully soon.
  • KacomKacom Joined: Posts: 268
    Great stream with entertaining commentary!! Keep up the good work.
    I really enjoyed the stream and it has come a very long way from how things began. I think it's great seeing so many experts in one place, so there's so much potential for stuff to see. I feel like as you guys keep playing maybe you'll do concept matches like they do in Japan. Like Muteki Guile vs Komoda Blanka except stuff like Mars Guile vs Damdai Hawk... that sort of thing.
    I'm just thrilled that everything ran smooth and that the viewers enjoyed the stream. Now it gives me more time to work on new hawk and fei. Maybe dontblowthis will hold an EC major so stay tuned guys. Nextt stream will be on Jan 9th
  • papasipapasi N Ken is the truth Joined: Posts: 1,568
    I don't know if this is a lot of work but if you guys can put the current players' names at the top or bottom of the screen it will help a lot.

People in the chat were always asking who is playing who...

And since you guys attracted such a crowd (many of them don't know ST), if some of you can commentate regarding game mechanics, etc. that might help them understand the game of maybe even try it out themselves.

All in all, it was a success. Thanks
    eltrouble "I doubt that ST will be on the main stream ever again."
    OhNuki: Real men play ST!!
    James Chen: there is something special about playing ST on a cab. It just feels so goooooood.
    Super Turbo Hitbox & safe jump guide http://www.strevival.com/hitbox/
    It ran smoothly after the headaches of getting it set up. Lol. Howard, we should put names up for the stream so we don't get 80 million questions of who's playing who.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy
    Overlays and what not would be an advantage. But you'd have to get someone working on stream graphics and that can be time consuming if you don't have anyone willing to basically perform charity work. I really like how the stream is though. You get a real sense of how relaxed the atmosphere is and it doesn't feel like some forced event. I think that's my favorite part of all.
    Overlays and what not would be an advantage.

I was sitting next to mizuki @ NCR and I saw him updated the player names in seconds. Basically whoever is doing the commentary can just take control of the keyboard and update the names.
    You get a real sense of how relaxed the atmosphere is and it doesn't feel like some forced event. I think that's my favorite part of all.

Agreed. The only downside is that we're not there :)

It sounds a lot of fun, everyone just chilling out and joking, etc.

You can also check out the recent stream by otochun, aniken, ARG with player cam.
    You can see their facial expression + hand movement and the venue.

I can hear DSP's ridiculous laughs in the background. If you can add a camera view of everyone chilling there, it'd be awesome. (Plus sometime I have difficulty recognizing who is talking on the mic. If you have a cam, then I know, oh, James Chen is now talking, etc)
    James Chen: there is something special about playing ST on a cab. It just feels so goooooood.
    I'm just thrilled that everything ran smooth and that the viewers enjoyed the stream. Now it gives me more time to work on new hawk and fei. Maybe dontblowthis will hold an EC major so stay tuned guys. Nextt stream will be on Jan 9th
    Great. And it is good to know you guys have not taken those idiots who decided to troll the chat into account. Everything was awesome, period. Particularly, when Mars on a "kill frenzy" on Chris and damdai, shit was more awesome than anything else!
  • geogeo Official Contrarian Joined: Posts: 1,291
    I watched it for 30 minutes and the people trolling Damdai amused me.
    Just one example of ST fundamentalism on dontblowthis.com: "HDR is just another game with no relation to the Street Fighter II series" - riz0ne
    We did a beta test stream today for a new item to add to the mix. We're adding two hd webcams to the top of the cabs, so that everyone knows who's playing at the moment and what character they're using.

@Geo thanks for supporting us I really appreciate the effort :tup:
    We're adding two hd webcams to the top of the cabs, so that everyone knows who's playing at the momen

Howard you're much smarter than me. That way you guys don't have to type up the names and I get what I wanted :)
    Np papasi. We had this idea for a while but I mad a trip to best buy today and purchased a microsoft webcam for like 50 bucks to test out. Got home plugged it in and had chris use teamspeak to log into the computer. From there he made the adjustments to the camera and it came out awesome!! It's not at the same framerate as the actual gameplay footage, but it's really good nonetheless.

Nice thing about the webcam is that it has a really cool bracket that actually clips well to the top of the cabs, so no issues with the camera falling off.

Now we're going to TRY and run a stream on Wednesday since cole is still in town and wanting to play.
  • GanelonGanelon Joined: Posts: 1,101
    Nice job with the stream, Howard. I watched a little and the enhanced picture quality this weekend was amazing. And sound was crisp after commentators learned to hold the mic further away. I mentioned this to Chris already but it may be a good idea to remind viewers more on how they can participate in their local SF2 scene, to spread the revolution if you will.

The webcams will be awesome to catch funny reactions like DSP holding his hands up in a "WTH?" manner or damdai turning red with anger when someone cheeses him out with top tier. Maybe, if folks are willing and the angle works, you could even point the cams at the control panel one time to show the various ways ST players hold arcade sticks and how complex motions are performed over the course of a match.

And as always, if you ever have a full weekend available (probably not anytime soon), I'd be up to join you guys sometime.
    @Geo thanks for supporting us I really appreciate the effort :tup:

Actually it was more like 5 minutes.
    Just one example of ST fundamentalism on dontblowthis.com: "HDR is just another game with no relation to the Street Fighter II series" - riz0ne
    @ganelon
    Thanks for the support and your suggestions and we will try to do different things on the 9th with the webcams. Any time you would like to come down feel free to let me know. I can only do sundays since i work on saturdays, but ill let you know if anything changes.

@geo
    Hey 5 minutes from your busy schedule means that you were thinking about us and our event. I thank you for your support and ill be putting up a video on how to create a pass through jamma connector for the jrok since you were asking about it.
  • WolmarWolmar Joined: Posts: 184
    I really enjoyed to watch the stream. It is really a great thing to promote ST and see how much fun you guys have when playing.
    Cole is still in town and wanting to play.
    Does he want to play ST again ? I mean, to somewhat get clearly back in the scene (even if I believe he had never really quit ?)...
    Against Balrog, it determine the direction Shoryu fist input is difficult. Has been condemned to the left orinput, so right. I try to issue a reversal is born so firmly command you miss wandering.
    Hey 5 minutes from your busy schedule means that you were thinking about us and our event. I thank you for your support and ill be putting up a video on how to create a pass through jamma connector for the jrok since you were asking about it.

Stop being nice, it really gives me nothing to work with :-/ Thanks in advance for the infoz.
  • FulaaniFulaani Of terrorist descent Joined: Posts: 2,555
    good stuff guys.

can't watch it though, just frustrates me that no one around here wants to play.
    zoning took an indefinite hiatus
    I found this

[video]http://darksydephil.blip.tv/file/4502752/[/video]

the setup looks amazing man. can't wait once you have the cam setup.

tech monkey that was too funny lmao.

BTW now I know why the ls32 are out of stock @ lizardlick. You guys bought a lot to mod those sticks for sale.

Since artwork + stick + button mods + you guy's signature can fetch $300+ from your fans, I suggest that you get the Toodles ChimpSMD ps3 pcb

Toodles ChimpSMD

to dual mod the stick.

or the PS3 + 360 pcb

AkihabaraShop.jp

when it is available (don't even need dual mod, just replace the pcb).

Seeing how popular ssf4 is now, I think the stick sales can definitely help fund your cause.

PS. is cole visiting today?
    @papasi
    LOL I can't believe the LS-32s are out of stock. I'm going to do a dual mod for a future stick for him to see how well it does, and I know that he will film it, so that his fans know how to pull one off.

No cole today sorry guys. I come to find out monday night that he went back to seattle this morning. Hopefully we can get some big names to come down and play with us. And for anyone that feels like coming to the northeast remember to send me a pm, so that you can play with us. The more the merrier and remember gentlemen this is a SUPER TURBO REVOLUTION!!!
    I am no where near a big name, but you can bet your sweet ass ill be there being bodied by O. Hawk. lol
    Feliz Navidad
    ????????
    ????
  • MarsflashMarsflash BGG BITCHES!! Joined: Posts: 401
    Merry Christmas to everyone and their families. Have a safe and blessed holiday and may everyones day be filled with Happiness. Godbless all.
    Here goes my "Feliz natal, bando de viciados, e viva Super SF2 X/T" to everyone! Special regards to Cronocopio, who has arranged an evening or SF play for me while visiting Argentina!

Edit: well, this could be moved to the ST in the house thread.
    Only a few days left until the next reevolution. Howard, do you plan on doing sessions closer together?
  • kevgeezkevgeez Joined: Posts: 351
    Rambo i hope you don't mind, but I'd like to visit along with Mars on the 9th.
    ...Depending on which day the Eagles' playoff game that day or Saturday.
    Seeing you in Action is a Joke.
    Thank you to Keits and srk for linking Rambo's promo vid on the front page! Here's the link Shoryuken - Super Turbo Sundays Promo from JohnRambo

We will be back up on jan 9th at 2pm est. There should be some new faces and the return of Janus Gemini. Kevgeez you are welcome to come.

We will also be using this stream to plug all of the super turbo tournaments that you guys told us about. If there are any you havent mentioned please tell us before the 9th!
  • The Hebrew HammerThe Hebrew Hammer IT'S SHOWTIME!!! Joined: Posts: 62
    Love the stream, Rambo's Christmas card to Damdai lolz.
    Handsome fighters never lose battles.
    live right now, with player cam

Dont Blow This on USTREAM: .
  • d3f1anc3d3f1anc3 XBLGT - Fae Victus Joined: Posts: 198
    Way to destroy the stream when the finals are Live. Pro.
    http://youtube.com/user/d3f1anc3
    http://capcom-unity.com/d3f1anc3

Mortal Kombat || 1v1 Main - Noob Saibot // Alt - Scorpion, Jade, Kitana || 2v2 Main - Noob Saibot, Scorpion // Alt - Jade, Kitana
    MvC3 Teams || Demonic Entities - Akuma, Dante, Wesker // We Got Swords - Dante, Trish, Zero
    Street Fighter 4 (V,S,AE) || Main - E.Honda // Alt - Akuma, Evil Ryu, Gouken, Oni
    3sO || Main - Akuma // Alt - ?
    Way to destroy the stream when the finals are Live. Pro.

Thanks for the positive comments youre such an asset to the community :tup:
    Thanks for the positive comments youre such an asset to the community :tup:

IKNORITE?

It's a good stream in all honesty, just super weak it died when the finals were on.

Whats with all of the hitching? Bandwidth limitations?

Mortal Kombat || 1v1 Main - Noob Saibot // Alt - Scorpion, Jade, Kitana || 2v2 Main - Noob Saibot, Scorpion // Alt - Jade, Kitana
    MvC3 Teams || Demonic Entities - Akuma, Dante, Wesker // We Got Swords - Dante, Trish, Zero
    Street Fighter 4 (V,S,AE) || Main - E.Honda // Alt - Akuma, Evil Ryu, Gouken, Oni
    IKNORITE?

It's a good stream in all honesty, just super weak it died when the finals were on.

Whats with all of the hitching? Bandwidth limitations?

Sorry i thought you were trying to be smart lol. Yea my isps being super gay lately, so the speeds that we were having before we probably will never be able to achieve. Plus that drop you saw was actually adobe flash crashing lmao.....
    Sorry i thought you were trying to be smart lol. Yea my isps being super gay lately, so the speeds that we were having before we probably will never be able to achieve. Plus that drop you saw was actually adobe flash crashing lmao.....

eww. Well props all the same. Hope the future streams go off without a hitch.