dontblowthis.com Super Turbo Revolution stream!

Comments

• GrogGrog discombobulatingly Joined: Posts: 3,617
    Awful soft skinned in here.
    But have you seen him do "The Viking" ?

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Some call it the Captain Morgan also.
    no one cares syxx

www.dontblowthis.com
  • mayor mcjustinmayor mcjustin Betty White = GDLK Joined: Posts: 1,801
    Its been quiet here

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy
    ST: Dee Jay
    Persona 4 Arena: I have no idea yet !!!!
  • THEKINGOFHATEHDTHEKINGOFHATEHD Hate Cannot Die Joined: Posts: 219
    We're talking about John Rambo and DSP here, not exactly the cream of the intelligentsia. Daffy Duck impressions and comic book talk is about as good as it'll ever get.

Dear dick,

I don't know who you are (nor do I care), but thanks for the insult. Surely I'm an idiot as you suggest - being able to turn an internet hobby into a full-time job that pays me way more than my former one, and probably more than you make. I'm living the dream, doing what I love for a living, while you're obviously trolling from behind your keyboard; man, I must be a moron! If it means being like you, I'm glad I'm not part of "the intelligentsia." And no, I'm not going to apologize to a dumb troll like you for these comments, so don't even bother to respond.

Anyway - I've never done a "Daffy Duck" impression and I have no idea how I would even go about doing one? What a random ass comment. I do try to do different things from time to time to entertain - especially during repetitive matches (such as the 10000th Hawk match referenced above, I totally know where you're coming from with that comment).

Warrior's Dreams - although your suggestions are appreciated (obviously you care to write such a long post), I think you're totally misinterpreting what the purpose of the stream is. We're not here to single-handedly teach the world how to play ST; there are already plenty of guides for that. The ST Revolution is trying to do the following:
    1. Show that Arcade ST is not dead as many, including some OGs, have claimed. Reading a schedule of arcade ST tournies; showing high-level gameplay as well as gameplay with a variety of characters; these things prove the "naysayers" wrong. If anything, we're proving that HDR was never needed and that the original far surpasses any "remixed" version of the game.
    2. Prove that it is very viable to have Arcade ST in a tournament setting. If a handful of people can create a perfect head-to-head setup, I find it hard to believe that we can't get this going at ALL of the "road to EVO" majors this year. Final Round is already doing it, there's a strong chance that Winter Brawl is, and maybe....just maybe, EVO will too.
    3. TO ENTERTAIN. Other streams just show high-level gameplay; we do that while making you laugh as well. This is why I am so popular on YouTube and others can't seem to figure out why. We're far from the "plain vanilla" commentary and streams that are already out there, and we enjoy that fact.

However, I do like a few of your suggestions:
    -Ranbats that accumulate points
    -Just ST: I 100% agree. Although I can play many games at a tournament level, I think that it should be 100% arcade ST unless it's a completely separate stream from the ST stuff.
    -Answering fan/viewer questions submitted via email or forums: I already do this for my YouTube stuff, and I think it's a GREAT idea for the streams as well
    -Matchup focus: YES, we can be more serious if need be. Honestly I think that maybe we should be 50% serious (talking about the matchup taking place and explaining the strengths/weaknesses, common strats, why what's happening is happening etc.) and 50% fun (jokes etc). I honestly was disappointed during my initial run at the beginning of the last stream, when I was wracking up wins but the commentary was about completely other stuff than the matches (reading tourney schedules, responding to the chat room etc). Come sunday, I'll make an effort to concentrate more on the matches while I'm on commentary.

I think we'd love to host any guests. Only problem, I don't know how much anybody would get out of flying out here just to play with us for 8 hours. Unless you crave ST that much, in which case, welcome!
  • VOLTECHVOLTECH Voltech Arcade Sticks FTW Joined: Posts: 3,040
    I'd like to get in some games with you guys sometime. I'm mostly an HDR player but would like to see if I can take the same skill set to ST. What do you prefer GGPO or Supercade?
    Quality over Quantity
    voltecharcadesticks@gmail.com
    http://voltecharcadesticks.blogspot.com/
    Voltech Arcade Sticks FTW!!!
  • DontBlowThis.comDontBlowThis.com ST Revolution Joined: Posts: 54
    Sounds great Voltech :-) We support supercade and you can find damdai, mars and rambo on there pretty often. Also, with many tournaments now featuring arcade st, I would like to put together a list of majors that we will be at in hopes people come out to play us.

As a reminder the next stream will be sunday February 13th at 2pm est.

Also you can now follow DontBlowThis on Facebook! Come say hi
    DontBlowThis.com on facebook
    Welcome to the Super Turbo Revolution, streaming on random sundays at http://dontblowthis.com/
  • geogeo Official Contrarian Joined: Posts: 1,291
    pays me way more than my former one, and probably more than you make.

LOL. Well, I'm sure the first part of that sentence is true. The second part... want to bet?
    Just one example of ST fundamentalism on dontblowthis.com: "HDR is just another game with no relation to the Street Fighter II series" - riz0ne
  • StumblebeeStumblebee More AO than Manhunt 2 Joined: Posts: 658
    I've always wondered how much an average month's dollars for someone like DSP would be compared to someone like Fred or NigaNiga.
    Woo Woo Woo! You Know It, Bro!
    Any word on the new T shirt designs?
    no one cares syxx

www.dontblowthis.com
    Heh funny you ask Grogster. I just noticed cafe press is using the dontblowthis logo shirt in its ads on srk.

This is what we have up right now dontblowthis store

All these designs are fan made and we put them up as we get them.
    Welcome to the Super Turbo Revolution, streaming on random sundays at http://dontblowthis.com/
    How long have the player named shirts been there? Those are pretty nice! I'll be getting one here soon.
    no one cares syxx

www.dontblowthis.com
    I still have to order my shirts for monday with my name in it :)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy
    How long have the player named shirts been there? Those are pretty nice! I'll be getting one here soon.

Heh too good. Could prob put together a Grog shirt as well, if you like.

Yeh they look nice. Thank you to Razz, Vossil, GoForBrokeTV and the others who put those together for us.
    UPDATE: The stream this sunday (feb 13th) will be starting at 3pm est. Hope to see you all there.
    Heh too good. Could prob put together a Grog shirt as well, if you like.

Yeh they look nice. Thank you to Razz, Vossil, GoForBrokeTV and the others who put those together for us.

Yessssssss I'll get that and the ringer style. Gotta wait to get paid but I'll be sporting these at tourneys.
    no one cares syxx

www.dontblowthis.com
    I just ordered 3 shirts. 2 of my shirt and one REVO shirt. Rocking those HARD ALL DAY!!!
  • TetsuosanTetsuosan Watahh Joined: Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Got a new upscaler in the mail the other day (Shouldn't have spent the money on this since I'm going to japan on april 1st shh don't tell my gf :sweat:). The scaler should fix the geometry issue we were having with not being able to see the score at the top of the screen. The scaler should also fix some of the issues we were having with the hdboxpro since it doesn't really like the awkward sync rate that cps2 outputs. Chris is thoroughly testing it at the moment, and by the looks of it this scaler might be better than the xrgb and is a hell of a lot cheaper than the xrgb if you can find it on ebay. Hopefully we can get it up and running on sunday's stream.

By the way its a dvdo iscan hd. Here's the link for the specs Anchor Bay ? Products ? Discontinued ? DVDO Systems ? iScan HD
  • papasipapasi N Ken is the truth Joined: Posts: 1,568
    I'm going to japan on april 1st

Don't bring anything on your way there, how many GMC can you bring home?
    By the way its a dvdo iscan hd. Here's the link for the specs Anchor Bay ? Products ? Discontinued ? DVDO Systems ? iScan HD

Do you think it will be lagless? Can you test it? A few people (like DGV) are looking for a way to play arcade ST with LCD but cannot stand display lag.

The vga encoder from jammaboard.com has 2-3 frame lag.
    eltrouble "I doubt that ST will be on the main stream ever again."
    OhNuki: Real men play ST!!
    James Chen: there is something special about playing ST on a cab. It just feels so goooooood.
    Super Turbo Hitbox & safe jump guide http://www.strevival.com/hitbox/
    Got a new upscaler in the mail the other day (Shouldn't have spent the money on this since I'm going to japan on april 1st shh don't tell my gf :sweat:). The scaler should fix the geometry issue we were having with not being able to see the score at the top of the screen. The scaler should also fix some of the issues we were having with the hdboxpro since it doesn't really like the awkward sync rate that cps2 outputs. Chris is thoroughly testing it at the moment, and by the looks of it this scaler might be better than the xrgb and is a hell of a lot cheaper than the xrgb if you can find it on ebay. Hopefully we can get it up and running on sunday's stream.

Just reading this post gave me a splitting headache.
    If i make it to stream tomorrow it will be after 7 as I have to work :(
    It's official, arcade ST on a japanese cabinet w/new sanwa parts at Winter Brawl. maybe some people will consider going who hadn't previously?
    Where's Winter Brawl?
    no one cares syxx

www.dontblowthis.com
    Dont Blow This on USTREAM: .

live again. today it's very laggy for me. but i like this week's screen composition better, the player portrait doesn't take up as much space
    James Chen: there is something special about playing ST on a cab. It just feels so goooooood.
    Nice just watched the recorded stream. Kinda wish we could get something like that going out here :\

Funny thing is that after watching you guys play, I realized I could probably take every one of you.
    Quality over Quantity
  • PaskyPasky Ninja with pistol! Joined: Posts: 1,863
    Nice just watched the recorded stream. Kinda wish we could get something like that going out here :\

Funny thing is that after watching you guys play, I realized I could probably take every one of you.

Until someone picks Cammy....

*RUNS*
    <Pasky> so you can go extra fast by just holding it?
    <bookah> turbo handjob
    <baklakiller> sure if had a penis
    <baklakiller> im a beginner gief
    LOL *Shakes fist* You better run!
    Quality over Quantity

Exactly, right?
    How's your supergun coming along and st board hunting?

good shit riz0ne and mikeidge. good to see new faces

howard & rambo: you guys only have one setup? you guys can use another one, maybe a supergun since you got quite a few folks there playing this awesome game
    Thank you to all that watched and participated today. We had a great time and special thanks to Riz and Mike for coming as well.

It would be great if someone if every city got a setup. We will help in any way possible, so please ask.

We have some big plans for the future, we are looking to get more setups and have a few more ideas. Join the Revolution-
  • 7 5 07 5 0 Joined: Posts: 458
    We have some big plans for the future, we are looking to get more setups and have a few more ideas. Join the Revolution-

thx for keeping the st spirit alive.
    First post updated.
    thx for keeping the st spirit alive.

Thank you for the support sir. We all love the game and are working hard to expose the masses to the greatness that is the grand master challenge.
  • SorwahSorwah Joined: Posts: 889
    It's official, arcade ST on a japanese cabinet w/new sanwa parts at Winter Brawl. maybe some people will consider going who hadn't previously?

Is another cab coming? Cuz unfortunately tge one im bringing is capcom big blue. Its just japanese sticks and buttons though.
    We are looking at March 13th as the date for the next party. Also am working on a promo vid that will highlight some of the upcoming ST tournaments, look for that soon.
    Our promo video showing future super turbo tournaments is now done and is now featured up on SRK front page. (Thank you keits) Check it out and get to some of these events!

Shoryuken - Super Street Fighter II Turbo Tournaments - Alive and Well
  • oldschool_BRoldschool_BR Projectile spammer Joined: Posts: 2,442
    Great stuff, man!

BTW, I finally had the chance to test Seimitsu buttons this weekend. It is absurd, they are way better. IMO, there is really no reason whatsoever to use Sanwa instead of those for ST, unless they are unavailable: they are soft enough but you can use double/triple tapping just fine, while on Sanwa you gotta try to scrap them softly so as not to push them too deep but not so soft so the microswitch activates. But they are not really any hard. For example, Happ competition buttons are soft enough to me but noticeably harder than Seimitsus.
    Don't bring anything on your way there, how many GMC can you bring home?

Do you think it will be lagless? Can you test it? A few people (like DGV) are looking for a way to play arcade ST with LCD but cannot stand display lag.

The vga encoder from jammaboard.com has 2-3 frame lag.

To answer your first question I'm going to bring a bunch of gmcs home, but I have to see if I'm going to sell them since a few members of DBT showed interest in getting one, but you never know.

Now onto your question about the iscan hd. Yes this thing lags and it lags bad, but don't fret because dvdo offers another solution to our problem. They offer a device called an edge that does everything the iscan hd does and more. Here's a thread on avsforum that goes through all of the features that the edge offers. Apparently this thing has a game mode that reduces the lag to less than a frame. The edge also accepts rgb/s and rgb/hv, so you can build a cable that goes directly from the jamma connector to the edge. I've seen them on certain websites for from 400-500 brand new, but I think you can probably find them used for around 300 dollars.

New DVDO EDGE !! - AVS Forum
    Breaking News: This is last minute, but Howard and Chris have arrived at Winter Brawl and are attempting to stream the ST tourney. Check it out at Don't Blow This! 2010
    Thank you to everyone that watched the winter brawl stream today. A last minute announcement and at one point peaked at 350 viewers. Congrats to Howard and Chris for working with the hotel internet and to the tourney participants. Amazing work by Mars Gattai overcoming the matchups that others just cry about.

Top 3 placers all from DBT
    1. Damdai
    2. Mars
    3. Chris Doyle

Full Bracket

Links to archived vids soon for those that missed this great event.
    Any place we can watch the matches now? I missed the live stream :\
    Quality over Quantity