Freedemonia in East bay!

Comments

• ChrisisChrisis Follows her path Joined: Posts: 7,684
    I think me and Sippa will head over to Marvel house, unsure for exactly how long, but going to BART that way soon. ~^,.,.^~
    Isis is something shiny that likes water.
  • Worf JostarWorf Jostar GUNS, LOTS OF GUNZ Joined: Posts: 1,705
    My workers had to stay late, cause they derped. Trying to find a ride, if not I might stay home.
    Official FDM Zoner
    Sooooo, I figured out that staying home and looking for jobs is a better choice.

This job is great for the money and for the experience, but I don't have the time for fighting games. And I feel a little empty about it. I planned that if I bring a backpack with all my stuff and make sure that my staff closes early without anybody making a mistake, I can make it to east bay on Saturday. I'll try and do that next week.

But at the moment, I need to find a job that gives me weekends off. Or at least one day on the weekend.
    Official FDM Zoner
  • Lord_RaptorLord_Raptor Joined: Posts: 8,810
    Find a job outside of the Culinary world, it kills your free time.
    Are you right? Are you READY!?
    So heis ko is ass.

Been playing haggar mid and liking it.

I somehow want to play strange, but I'm not good with him. How can players fraud out and win?
    Official FDM Zoner
    So heis ko is ass.

I somehow want to play strange, but I'm not good with him. How can players fraud out and win?

Get the hit with someone else like Nova, combo into Strange and profit from the situation. Haggar and Strange both have a decent amount of representation. Check out Nemo, Ranmasama, etc.
  • DKLDKL Weeaboos unite! Joined: Posts: 5,182
    edited September 2013
    This weekend was godlike, as always.

The following videos are a pretty good summation of what went on:

ANYWAY, MY BODY IS READY FOR RUNE FACTORY 4.
    DKL's Wonderful World of Weeaboo Gaming: fulfilling all of your Wapaneeds!
    http://www.twitch.tv/dklgaming
    Chrisis wrote: »
    So heis ko is ass.

Get the hit with someone else like Nova, combo into Strange and profit from the situation. Haggar and Strange both have a decent amount of representation. Check out Nemo, Ranmasama, etc.

Who's better as a character and assist, hulk or haggar?

I'll be watching those players during my lunch break tomorrow, thanks Chrisis.
    Official FDM Zoner
    edited September 2013
    Hulk and Haggar are strong in different ways. Both do ludicrous amounts of damage, Haggar has way better tools for mixing someone up once he's inside, but Hulk has superior movement options and tools to function from far away. They both have assists that are incredibly strong, Lariat is probably overall better, but all 3 of Hulk's assists have things to contribute.

Haggar players: Ranmasama, KaneBlueRiver, Roach King, Jan.

Doctor Strange players: Nemo, lots of SoCal, locally EMC could teach you a lot about Strange.

Hulk players: KaneBlueRiver, Jan, and others.

@EMC Do you know if Strange can solo guard break using FoF? If so it may be entirely possible to set up a series of commands that let him force throw with a red grace out off of the Dante THC, that seems like it would be pretty sick as a punish for being on the ground and not invulnerable if so.

Also I can finally start painting again. An excellent friend from the internet hooked me up with his old tablet which is like twice as large as the one I had been accustomed to, and unlike my old tablet this one works. Less than 3.
    Post edited by Chrisis on
  • OuroborusOuroborus plays 3s just to troll Joined: Posts: 7,249 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    So heis ko is ass.

Play kieran and learn =)

Why don't you just use hawkeye/doom/dog?
    ssf4ae tier list regarding Gen:

D Proto: and where is Gen?
    oORYUOo: you cannot tier what you cannot see
    Find a job outside of the Culinary world, it kills your free time.

Yo call me, I have a question about the wedding.

Also, Chrisis, I'll call you about a question too.

Official FDM Zoner
    edited October 2013
    MaNoel, can you update the WiiU?

Shit can play Wii games on the pad now (though you need a different controller).

EDIT:

Wat, the Gamepad has a built in wii-mote sensor?

Damn.
  • zakuignitedzakuignited This is no Gouf boy, no Gouf! Joined: Posts: 959
    Worf, did you pm me a link to a site for classic cars for wedding's on twitter? If not, then you got hacked...

When's Rune Factory 4 coming out? I need to know how much time I have to finish Fire Emblem.

Also, I found out that we wasted a couple of hours with DOA5U. Apparently, you can turn on exhibition mode and all the free outfits are available, except that you don't get achievements and titles but who cares about that.
    Apparently, you can turn on exhibition mode

I don't even know what the fuck that is.

That said, we should seriously consider getting the DLC costumes... I'm pretty sure I still have PSN credits.

Also, it's 5am in the morning and RF4 doesn't even show up on the god damn e-shop.

Yo fuck this.

(I think Gamestop is getting the game in a next day shipment... should be at the store at around noon today... let's go pick it up then?)
    Worf, did you pm me a link to a site for classic cars for wedding's on twitter? If not, then you got hacked...

When's Rune Factory 4 coming out? I need to know how much time I have to finish Fire Emblem.

Also, I found out that we wasted a couple of hours with DOA5U. Apparently, you can turn on exhibition mode and all the free outfits are available, except that you don't get achievements and titles but who cares about that.

Lol, I did. I think I fixed it. Tell me if something stupid happens again.
    Official FDM Zoner
    Rune Factory 4 is like 10,000 blocks for download.

Sheeeeiit.
    Random sketch to break in the new tablet, it's taking some getting accustomed to, but I have high hopes for my future abilities with it!

YbWypUU.jpg
    The Knight and Butler seem like the best waifus in RF4 so far...

That said, I'm kinda puzzled regarding the animated intros: not all the characters got one...

Is the game glitching out or something or do I need to do stuff to make them appear?
  • SilisSilis Joined: Posts: 869
    budget cuts
    The mark of greatness is when everything before you is obsolete, and everything after you bears your mark.
    Actually, you do need to do certain things to get the intro animations: for example, I have to leave town to activate Forte's.
  • OuroborusOuroborus plays 3s just to troll Joined: Posts: 7,249 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Silis wrote: »
    budget cuts

u still work at sf state?
    ssf4ae tier list regarding Gen:

D Proto: and where is Gen?
    oORYUOo: you cannot tier what you cannot see
    RF4 is pretty good at trolling.

I respect that.

THE BUCKET IS HEEEEEEEEREEEEE
    edited October 2013
    Also, got e-mail about wedding rehearsal something or another.

How do we get to it on time?

EDIT:

We need to be sure to factor in laziness and crack...

I wish I was a kidding, but we're apparently suppose to be there during hibernation hours.
    Ouroborus wrote: »
    budget cuts

I quit!
    The mark of greatness is when everything before you is obsolete, and everything after you bears your mark.
    Ouroborus wrote: »
    budget cuts

I quit!

I thought more about it, and I think you should of stayed with the marketing interns.
    Official FDM Zoner
    Think more about yourself, you need it. heh.
  • zakuignitedzakuignited This is no Gouf boy, no Gouf! Joined: Posts: 959
    edited October 2013
    I was talking about a poverty fighter with Raptor, and after some searching found out it's called Daraku Tenshi The Fallen Angels. It's actually not made by SNK but by people who eventually went on to work on KOF. Some of the art and characters are pretty similar.

One jab to rule them all...

I tried the new Phoenix Wright demo, and the game looks incredible. Phoenix looks so sleek now. The demo doesn't spoil anything that we don't know already, it's a good preview for the game, and also has the marvel PW as a VA.

Also, I'm disappointed that Illuminata and Nancy are not attainable waifus in RF4. NTR Doujins for the win?

Post edited by zakuignited on
    edited October 2013
    Also, I'm disappointed that Illuminata and Nancy are not attainable waifus in RF4. NTR Doujins for the win?

It's actually pretty strange that Illumniata isn't a waifu, so this leads me to believe that she hooks up with one of the characters in the game at one point (like Evelyn from RF3).

That said, the series always has top-tier MILFs for some reason (Lin Fa).

Also, I'm hoping that the dragon and the talking mailbox have human forms at one point >_>

EDIT:

Also, I really respect Bado's quest to attain money with the least amount of effort... feels very relatable.

Holy fuck, this game is huge.

• Private EyeballPrivate Eyeball Not a frog Joined: Posts: 1,447
    edited October 2013
    Time for my sporadic check-in.

If anyone wants to hang out Monday or Tuesday, PM me. I'm likely going to be free both days. May have a review or article to work on, but that'll really be it.

My Stupid Book is on hiatus. I realized the stupidest idea I could think of wasn't fun for more than a short while.

On a similar note, I've been getting some use out of my Kindle again. I just read Stephen King's "On Writing" and about 30% through Chuck Klosterman's "Fargo Rock City". I want book recommendations and I'm pretty sure some of you fine folks read stuff. Just a few rules:

-No graphic novels. Yes, I know it has "novel" in the name. I don't care.
    -No fantasy. I was into it in high school and college. Been completely out of it since.
    -I'm also picky with sci-fi and horror. Feel free to try.
    -Keep classics to a minimum. We all know they exist and most of them are free. I'll read one when I feel up to it. :D
    Something something Hulkamania run something on something.
  • Lord_RaptorLord_Raptor Joined: Posts: 8,810
    Welp I got no recommendations then lol
    Are you right? Are you READY!?

If anyone wants to hang out Monday or Tuesday, PM me. I'm likely going to be free both days. May have a review or article to work on, but that'll really be it.

My Stupid Book is on hiatus. I realized the stupidest idea I could think of wasn't fun for more than a short while.

On a similar note, I've been getting some use out of my Kindle again. I just read Stephen King's "On Writing" and about 30% through Chuck Klosterman's "Fargo Rock City". I want book recommendations and I'm pretty sure some of you fine folks read stuff. Just a few rules:

-No fantasy. I was into it in high school and college. Been completely out of it since.
    -Keep classics to a minimum. We all know they exist and most of them are free. I'll read one when I feel up to it. :D

Nerd lol.

Cormick McCarthy (I think that's how you say it) is fucking metal. Read him.
    Official FDM Zoner
    Yo Chrisis, I found a much better team for Hawkeye.

I was dicking around Hawkeye/haggar/strange, and it surprisingly worked.

Strange on bolts lets Hawkeye confirm from full screen zoning, haggar is mid and gets strange assist, and strange just derps. I'm not great with haggar or strange, but I was pulling some fraud wins. I feel like this is the best overall Hawkeye team.
    Official FDM Zoner
    edited October 2013
    Nigga why you be reading books and shit.

EDIT:

Yeah, that never gets old lol

Giulio Tononi:
    Phi: A Voyage from the Brain to the Soul: http://www.amazon.com/Phi-A-Voyage-Brain-Soul/dp/030790721X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1380904000&sr=8-1&keywords=phi+journey

Eric Hoffer:
    The True Believer: Thoughts on the nature of Mass Movements: http://www.amazon.com/Phi-A-Voyage-Brain-Soul/dp/030790721X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1380904000&sr=8-1&keywords=phi+journey

Robert Anton Wilson:
    Quantum Psychology: How Brain Software Programs You and Your World: http://www.amazon.com/Quantum-Psychology-Brain-Software-Programs/dp/1561840718/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1380904199&sr=8-1&keywords=quantum+psychology

Are 3 pieces I'd definitely recommend. My partner has a lot of really excellent books on her kindle, I'll check with her, though one she's recommended a few times that I still have yet to read is:
    Chandler Burr:
    The Emperor of Scent: A True Story of Perfume and Obsession: http://www.amazon.com/The-Emperor-Scent-Perfume-Obsession/dp/0375759816/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1380904390&sr=8-1&keywords=emporer+of+scent
    Oh my gawd, waiting for Marcos to pick my ass up, but this is my face right now while playing Rune Factory 4:

greatestali-1.gif
  • ZeroshichiZeroshichi Unknown Reploid Joined: Posts: 45
    So... is El Cerito happening today?
    This sexy blond is fighting for something indeed :3

My UMvC3 Team: Zero a, Dante a, Hawkeye a
  • MaNoelMaNoel Joined: Posts: 548
    Yes, it is.
    "Huh! The only thing I'll sell a human is a fist to the face! You want a free sample? " - Radiant Historia shopkeeper
  • ZeroshichiZeroshichi Unknown Reploid Joined: Posts: 45
    ok I'll be leaving soon
    This sexy blond is fighting for something indeed :3

My UMvC3 Team: Zero a, Dante a, Hawkeye a
  • emcemc Air Throw Joined: Posts: 686
    edited October 2013
    Sup worf, Heard you wanted to learn strange? Strange is very team composition based, he has a lot of weaknesses and the strength that he has, fof loops, require a team set up or a specific set up with a character.

for instance, nemos team is great because he can loop literally off any hit anywhere on the screen. But some characters like Thor, magneto, hulk, deadpool, dorm, can all hard tag by specific hit confirms or wall bounces. Hell, even wesker can do it with a L command grab in the corner into hard tag, confirm into st.m, impact palm.

I have a bunch of set ups with strange and techniques but I would have to show you in person. For ideas check out my channel YouTube.com/Game650

but here are shells I've experimented with that I think are pretty good: strange/dante (best), strange/doom (with beam is great, with missiles is decent), strange/ammy (cold star is meh but THC is godlike, just like doom/ammy), strange/vergil (very good, not as good as Dante but you get sick mixups and easy confirm from rapid slash and THC from strange after corner throw is gdlk). I also think potentially these are good: strange/hawkeye, strange/iron man, strange/akuma, strange/spencer, strange/dorm

still, strange is pretty unexplored as far as teams go, a lot of people just think team nemo and that's it, but hell, if you can get hard tags from wesker for example, then you can ditch spencers weak assist and use Dante anchor.

point characters I like from best to worst: Viper, Nova, Vergil, Magneto, Spencer

then there's Thor my main but I can't really rate him because I'm not at a pro level to really gauge how good he is with strange just yet. And all the other characters in the game who can potentially set up loops, I can't rate because I've never seen how they matchup against other teams, but those 5 above are sick with strange and set up loops from hard tags or DHC.

@Chrisis, guard break with fof? I'm not sure, id need something a bit more specific to let you know if its possible. Like what's the set up you're thinking of?