Freedemonia in East bay!

Comments

• emcemc Air Throw Joined: Posts: 686
    edited October 2013
    Keep in mind, my opinion above is based on using strange for fof loops in second position, possibly third position with hard tags. If you just want to use him anchor then it doesn't matter, he can tod with xfactor level 1 with easy combos, he can fof infinite relatively easily in the corner and mid screen just use teleport loops. Not even mentioning level 3, obviously he's better with more xfactor power but I dislike him anchor because he's pretty mediocre without support.

best Hawkeye team? Dude, hawkeye/strange/dante is legit bro, jam session makes both characters ridiculous and as chrisis will tell ya, you don't need nearly as much support to play Dante, he supports himself.
    edited October 2013
    Also guys, I have permission to edit the srk wiki. I've already updated most pages with players who use each character, chrisis your under Dante ;)

but, do you guys have anything you'd like me to add in the wiki? Let me know through pm so I don't lose track of it in this thread. Seriously, anything you want me to edit in just let me know, I want the wiki to be a useful page, one day I want to be able to reference people to stranges page to see who can set up loops (as an example).

again, pm me, less chance of me missing it.
  • Worf JostarWorf Jostar GUNS, LOTS OF GUNZ Joined: Posts: 1,705
    I'll pm you stuff.

I figure that haggar needs to be in a team with Hawkeye. Hawkeye needs a good get off me assist that's semi invincible. Haggar seems to be trolling more than jam session, just because haggar comes in on Hawkeye rather then Dante sliding in. Plus, I can block and bring haggar in with one meter.

I'll try Dante some more in that team, but haggar seems too good for Hawkeye.
    Official FDM Zoner
  • ChrisisChrisis Follows her path Joined: Posts: 7,684
    emc wrote: »

@Chrisis, guard break with fof? I'm not sure, id need something a bit more specific to let you know if its possible. Like what's the set up you're thinking of?
    I'm thinking Strange/Dante THC, then find a series of actions that utilize the last bullet before the big one in Dante's string as the case where they exit block stun, have the flames already traveling then throw as it connects. It would be doubly sweet if that forced a combo after the big bullet, but I doubt it since Strange's throw animation takes awhile.
    Isis is something shiny that likes water.
    yea Chrisis, his throw animation would make that whiff, but it's possible to tick throw. So while they are in block stun from the bullets, set up a grace in the corner, then tick throw at the correct timing with cr.L just as the main bullets are finishing their sequence, and throw. Then because you have a grace out, you can OTG and combo. I learned that you can override an assists block stun with your own, for example on incoming if you call jam session and you do a jumping L a frame or two before jam session ends, the opponent is now in your j.L block stun which means they will get out of block stun faster enabling a throw. So using the same concept, it should be possible if timed correctly.

But yeah Worf, haggar is a great assist for hawkeye and I see what you're saying, it was frustrating learning how to get in with thor but once I realized what the game plan was it actually wasn't that hard. I think one thing that will help is just learning how to run away more effectively, when you got my thor full screen there was very little I could do, I would be forced to take to the skies and pray you don't use gimlet. Try using his DP super more often, if you can get those out then suddenly haggar isn't needed as much since you're pushing them away. Calling Jam session prematurely while they are in the air trying to air dash into your space is a great deterrent, cover that with DP arrows and cancel into DP super when it gets heavy. If they still manage to get in you need to find a way to dash under when they are in the air to escape the corner and be constantly on the run. It sucks Hawkeye doesn't have a double jump or something, he's a character who could really use it.

but I think jam session with correct spacing is just as fine if not better because jam session does amazing shit for strange, I just don't want to pick up dante. Strange/Dante is his best shell in the game, and those 2 assists are ideal for hawkeye. But I think some things you could practice would be not getting trapped in the corner, as hard as that is against some characters, do your best to run away so that eventually you won't need haggar as a crutch and can move on to a better assist in general. Still I see what you're trying to achieve and I like the idea, this latin player Bruno Wizard uses Haggar with Chris and it's really good, maybe if you're set on haggar for now you should youtube that guy and watch how he plays his neutral.

I also noticed, and hopefully you can take this away as feedback to improve, but Thor's L mighty spark seems to beat out your projectile game as long as you don't already have momentum. So if thor can do it, other characters probably can too which is a big disadvantage for you since all you're doing is throwing out projectiles. hmm I dont know much about Clint, so hopefully my advice helped even if it was indirectly and helps you understand a new aspect to get better.

Also, why not try Doom Beam with hawkeye? I think it's pretty good, you can't get full screen confirms like you can with strange but it comes out faster and beats most projectiles and you already know how to play doom really well. I understand why you'd pick missiles, but trust me, try beam for some sets and see how you like it.
    edited October 2013
    oh yeah guys check it:

http://wiki.shoryuken.com/Ultimate_Marvel_vs_Capcom_3/Doctor_Strange#Flames_of_Faltine_loops

this is the result of my work over the past few days, collecting all known FoF loop strategies. I need more though!!!! I'm searching but if you have any clues or ideas on how to create a new hard tag, I'll work on it.

since I learned about Viper's nemo style team I may consider learning a bit about her, more at 11
  • Lord_RaptorLord_Raptor Joined: Posts: 8,810
    Povertfest is great, so many anime and terrible games
    Are you right? Are you READY!?
    I'll try beam assist Emc.

Thors L mighty spark is fast and durable enough to stop my H before I cancel into arrow special. In that matchup I just need to let the lightning arrow rock.

Jam session assist is better for space control. I tried hawkeye/morrigan/dante before and loved it. But Hawkeye doesn't have a strong normal to throw out to challenge the top teirs, haggar becomes that normal. Its a crutch, but it can be a clutch if that makes sense.

I'm trying to see if Hawkeye can become the next cable if done correctly against the meta teams. He creates problems to a lot of characters from full screen, and its a shame that a lot of people don't play him. I need to play more games with you guys to test my theories and to improve my runaway.

So far, haggar assist seems to help me troll the opponent more then jam session.

Or I can follow Ikuzos advice and pick a top tier lol. But I feel like a good synergy team with Hawkeye can compete with high level teams.
    Official FDM Zoner
    most definitely, haggar gives you a chance against zero and vergil, so maybe it's good. shit, let it rock see where it takes you, I'm still up for debate as to whether I should keep playing thor or not.

check out this guy named Paulow3b on youtube, here's his channel:

https://www.youtube.com/user/paulojuniorweb

he's a strong hawkeye player, maybe you'll level up from watching some of his stuff.
  • zakuignitedzakuignited This is no Gouf boy, no Gouf! Joined: Posts: 959
    Povertfest is great, so many anime and terrible games

It's over? Where was the stream link? Oh well, at least we had RF4 to keep us entertained.
  • DKLDKL Weeaboos unite! Joined: Posts: 5,182
    Shoutouts to scumbag tennis money matches in GTA V.
    DKL's Wonderful World of Weeaboo Gaming: fulfilling all of your Wapaneeds!
    http://www.twitch.tv/dklgaming
    So chrisis, marvel team theory, what do you think about team nemo with Viper?

now a few things, obviously there could be more damage tacked on with viper's bnb but that also takes some reps of fof away. Another thing is thats not vipers ideal assist, id be using burn kick, a la MazioDyne, to get more fof extensions.

what do you think about this team? I kind of already know the answer but I wanted your take on it.

so what I feel is that this team offers more ground control instead of nova with ex moves, but there is less synergy overall, maybe not. Basically there isn't a solid dhc from strange back to viper, there are no solid THC conversions from throws either. Nemo discovered a THC from a strange throw at full screen and convert, I see that as a bonus really but its definitely useful. The DHC however is an issue which can be alleviated by putting Spencer 2nd and DHC to bionic maneuvers, and running viper/spencer/strange instead.

but the one benefit of viper/strange/spencer is DHC from a viper bnb to rings, again inspired from MazioDyne on YouTube. The dhc is really good, despite the HSD, having a jam session and burn kick allows a ton of more fof loops. So in theory, I guess I could even ditch Spencer and just use DHC instead.

but my knowledge of viper is limited so I just wanted to see what you thought about that team. I'm tempted to run it because I like combofiends team with she-hulk, and I kind of always like viper I just never wanted to dedicate a team to her.
    I like Viper/Strange and either Spencer or Dante, I feel Dante offers more stability to the team since it fights air characters exceptionally well and gives Strange a way stronger neutral assist, though the FoF loops for free with Spencer are pretty amazing. I'd actually be interested to see if there were ways to use air burning kick hitting an opponent above Viper in order to get the opportunity to dry tag Strange and have better assists/DHCs.
    Finally settled on a side team after today and poertfest, Dante/Iron Man/Doom
    Are you still here?
    Official FDM Zoner
    yea I'll work on some dry tags tomorrow, I already understand how I'm supposed to be positioned for other characters, I've done it with Thor, Wesker and Magneto so far. I don't think I've showed you guys yet:

Wesker

Magneto

Thor

really it's a bonus if you can already DHC into Rings, Wesker can't but Mag & Thor sure can.
  • OuroborusOuroborus plays 3s just to troll Joined: Posts: 7,237 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG

you dont need 3 assists boy!
    ssf4ae tier list regarding Gen:

D Proto: and where is Gen?
    oORYUOo: you cannot tier what you cannot see
    The team fights Morrigan pretty well, and while I gotta learn it I'm usually killing off of a confirm starting with half a meter. It's legit.
  • OuroborusOuroborus plays 3s just to troll Joined: Posts: 7,237 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    or you can gain 3+ by learning how to TAC into infinites
    ssf4ae tier list regarding Gen:

D Proto: and where is Gen?
    oORYUOo: you cannot tier what you cannot see
    edited October 2013
    So I kept hitting furniture in RF4 and broke it, went out my room and came back and the furniture respawned. I wish our chairs would respawn whenever they break and I leave then come back to the crackhouse...
    My Kaiser eval went really well, care provider is changing and it looks like based on my responsible thoughtful way I approached the session I may be able to accelerate myself right into HRT, yay!
    edited October 2013
    Also, anyone trying to contact me. My phone is not interacting with texts properly at the moment but calls still work fine.

Additionally holy fudge, some of the Theros set cards are dumbazing. The legendary enchantment gods all seem cool, as do the planeswalkers, additionally:

http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=373562
    GW to get a 3/3 which for 3GW becomes a 4/4 indestructible hex proof.

http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=373543
    1BB for 3/2 Deathtouch, Heroic — Whenever you cast a spell that targets Agent of the Fates, each opponent sacrifices a creature.

http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=373530
    1RW 3/2 legendary first strike and vigilance, Heroic — Whenever you cast a spell that targets Anax and Cymede, creatures you control get +1/+1 and gain trample until end of turn.

http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=373586
    3R 2/2 Heroic — Whenever you cast a spell that targets Labyrinth Champion, Labyrinth Champion deals 2 damage to target creature or player.

That power creep.
    Post edited by Chrisis on
    So turns out I graduated Job Corp and I'm leaving Friday, all without me knowing.

This happened because people in Administration didn't wanna tell anyone in the Culinary Department because they felt it would be awkward to tell me or the Culinary Department Supervisor I have to leave before then and so they just kept not telling anyone and let me believe I had till Nov. 15th. GGs Job Corp

Guess on a scale of 1-10 how mad I am right now.
  • BlackcutsBlackcuts Please dont come to FDM smelling like stank. PLEASE. Joined: Posts: 685
    you are y=cotx + f'(x) x+16x^3 mad
    So turns out I graduated Job Corp and I'm leaving Friday, all without me knowing.

This happened because people in Administration didn't wanna tell anyone in the Culinary Department because they felt it would be awkward to tell me or the Culinary Department Supervisor I have to leave before then and so they just kept not telling anyone and let me believe I had till Nov. 15th. GGs Job Corp

Guess on a scale of 1-10 how mad I am right now.

I need your confirmation for the wedding. Are you coming and do you want a room? Rooms are 80 bucks.

Also congrats for graduating!
    Official FDM Zoner
    edited October 2013
    Rooms are 80 bucks.

About that, we were trying to find out how to get to the rehearsal in the morning so I'm wondering if there's anywhere we could stay the night before and not have to drive first thing in the morning on saturday. Also, stream stuff for the wedding, tell me what you want on the stream and I'll get people to work on it, we don't have much time til then.

Also, Patrick and Billy confirmed to me that they are going to the wedding, they will probably not contact you at all so I'm the only confirmation you'll get.

Also, did anyone submit anything in for iplaywinner? If not I'll do it. http://iplaywinner.com/news/2013/10/8/fighting-game-communities-assemble-submit-your-fgc-50-submis.html
    Rooms are 80 bucks.

About that, we were trying to find out how to get to the rehearsal in the morning so I'm wondering if there's anywhere we could stay the night before and not have to drive first thing in the morning on saturday. Also, stream stuff for the wedding, tell me what you want on the stream and I'll get people to work on it, we don't have much time til then.

Also, Patrick and Billy confirmed to me that they are going to the wedding, they will probably not contact you at all so I'm the only confirmation you'll get.

Also, did anyone submit anything in for iplaywinner? If not I'll do it. http://iplaywinner.com/news/2013/10/8/fighting-game-communities-assemble-submit-your-fgc-50-submis.html

There is another place. Call me for details.
    Wedding stream. I'll call you for details.

IPW, Marcos send things in cause I am really busy at work. OMG WORK.
    Official FDM Zoner
    Hey, I am done working at 230 today. Then I have time off till Saturday at 12am. Anyone down to play marvel? I need to get better and play.
    Official FDM Zoner
    I was going to but you go for it.

@Worf Jostar I'm not sure I'll be able to confirm whether or not I'm going to the Wedding now. Need to wait till I get home before I can figure things out. Was able to get my exit date pushed next Wendsday, probably gonna hit up the Made this Friday and the Crack house for one last session.
    I was going to but you go for it.

@Worf Jostar I'm not sure I'll be able to confirm whether or not I'm going to the Wedding now. Need to wait till I get home before I can figure things out. Was able to get my exit date pushed next Wendsday, probably gonna hit up the Made this Friday and the Crack house for one last session.

I need a yes or a no now. Friday is my deadline. I would like for you to go, but I understand.
    Official FDM Zoner
    I hate to say it but I have to say no then :(

It's one of the main reasons I'm so mad right now.
    edited October 2013
    Hm... it seems like I'm very very close to attaining my dream of having this autopilot government job: I went to some career thing at school earlier and the guy just told me straight up that I qualify for the job (I'm a good fit because I have dat UCB degree) and should probably apply.

It's not high demand (there's a low retention rate because people tend to launch careers from this job), so that makes it a little easier to get.

I really want this job because, while it's in a far away place (Sacramento), I apparently can structure my schedule where I have every other Friday off... a day of which I can use to commute back to the crack house every 2 weeks.

(Zaku mobile would need to pick me up from the train station though >_> )

They give no fucks about GPA (which is currently pretty good, but I'd like to stop caring about it now), they'll pay for my CPA exam reviews (assuming I stop being lazy and actually go out and get it) and they have a comprehensive benefits plan.

Most importantly, I don't need a driver's license... which is good because I'm too lazy to get a driver's license now.

(the story here is that other people on the "team" will have cars and they can serve as your driver)

Another good thing is that even if you fail, you can actually run it back after a year given that the place got more money from the government and they're hiring hella people in the next few years...

I want this.

I'm actually bothering to talk to the nigga who came to our thing earlier through e-mail.
    Was able to get my exit date pushed next Wendsday, probably gonna hit up the Made this Friday and the Crack house for one last session.

Last?

You're leaving the bay area after this week?

Damn, can't make it this weekend because I need to do some major test prep <_<

Fuuuuuu--

DKL wrote: »
    autopilot government job

I should've been looking for those kind of jobs a while ago. Are there more jobs, can I apply too? I have been stuck waiting for the fruit to fall in my mouth and it's not working so maybe I should start shaking that tree.
    edited October 2013
    Sorry I couldn't pick up your call yesterday Worf, I was sick passed out in bed, will call you sometime today.

Also, any of the animu people familiar with The Gregory Horror Show? http://www.bogleech.com/halloween/hall13-gregory.html
    Post edited by Chrisis on
    edited October 2013
    I should've been looking for those kind of jobs a while ago. Are there more jobs, can I apply too? I have been stuck waiting for the fruit to fall in my mouth and it's not working so maybe I should start shaking that tree.

You guys should always try those jobs my mom feeds you >_>

They always need people that can speak both Spanish and Chinese.
  • MaNoelMaNoel Joined: Posts: 548
    I think zaku applied to those jobs.

Anyways, for anyone interested in buying games (aka DKL) toys r us is doing a buy one get one 40% off wiiu/3ds games till sat, which apparently includes preorders for games to be released in the future
    "Huh! The only thing I'll sell a human is a fist to the face! You want a free sample? " - Radiant Historia shopkeeper
    MaNoel wrote: »
    I think zaku applied to those jobs.

Take note that they need heavy followup though... you really need to bug these people about it after submitting the application since niggas is lazy.

That said, just get me Pokemanz.
    Discovered fof for hulk, nemesis, ghost rider and put up a clip of Hawkeye who I'm sure is already known.

hawkeye

nemesis

hulk

ghost rider

man I'm on a roll. I was trying to find ways to do it with firebrand and super skrull but I had no luck, probably due to my inexperience with them. I will give them another shot, but I'm gonna try and find a way to do it with vjoe and Felicia or haggar next.
    Bart is going on strike today at midnight. Life does not want me to go to EB.
    Official FDM Zoner
    Why doesn't SRK have a Dislike button? When I see posts about awesome people not making it to East Bay I need it.