-Street X Tekken
-Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition 2012
-King of Fighters 13
(and on a smaller scale)
-Soul Calibur 5
-Viruta Fighter 5
-Super Smash Bros. Melee/Brawl
-Skullgirls

*Note - We have every fighting game imaginable in our resources and are willing to play whatever game people are up for.

Rules:

-Please throw trash in the trash
-Please ask before using the bathroom
-Respect items and furniture at venue
-Drugs/Smoking : Please do it off property
-Don’t bring weapons
-Alcohol is fine, but only of age. Be responsible
-If you have to think about if it’s wrong, then don’t do it.
-If you cannot pitch in for food, do it next week or don’t take more than you can give in.
-If someone from Freedemonia is giving you a ride, don’t forget to reimburse them.
-In all honesty, any person disrespecting anyone (family, friends, Freedemonia) is giving up all rights to defend themselves and will be suplexed on the cement. Be respectful and courteous to others.
big-white-logo.gif
Watch us!

http://www.twitch.tv/freedemonia
http://www.youtube.com/user/FreedemoniaSF

Follow us!
http://twitter.com/#!/Freedemonia
http://www.facebook.com/Freedemonia

Or be a part of the conversation!
http://www.facebook.com/groups/326588084061932/
Official FDM Zoner
·

Comments

• NegroNinjaNegroNinja N-Word Ninja Joined: Posts: 2,620
    Hum~ Late night scrappin'...I wish I worked on main campus and not downtown campus =( Good Luck!
    AKA Hellpockets/Hotpockets/HaxMurderer/Darth Sharpton
    ·
  • Worf JostarWorf Jostar GUNS, LOTS OF GUNZ Joined: Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭
    Also, if I get enough people to come, I will be able to get a bigger place (crossroads) and a different time slot for the event (every other saturday from 2pm to 12pm). Thank you Ninja for the luck, I will need it to make this event grow.
    Official FDM Zoner
    ·
  • VIITheGamblerVIITheGambler Step into my world Joined: Posts: 276
    I'd be happy to attend if I could get one of those Guest Passes. I go to a different college but live nearby to SFSU.
    SSFIV: Gen, Chun-Li
    KOFXIII: Andy, K', Leona/Ralf
    For all your pixel art needs...
    http://viithegambler.deviantart.com/
    ·
    For this Monday event, just come and bring your drivers license or California ID. Guest passes will be later down the road. Hope to see people tonight. :)
    Official FDM Zoner
    ·
  • thrust07thrust07 Buc, buc, buc, booyakah, shah! Joined: Posts: 752
    Good luck Worf!
    I hope this venue works out, as most of us know there aren't a lot of great places to play in the city. It would be wasted if there wasn't any participation.

Unfortunately, I can't make it out tonight. What room in Mary Park are you holding the gathering?
    ·
    Sup Thrust! Thanks for the luck. it is in Mary Park Lounge, right through the main doors ( you can't miss it). Its pretty small, only 3, maybe 4 setups. But if enough people come, then I could be upgraded to the "crossroads" which can hold 100-200 people, a much better venue! At the moment, I am negotiating the 1st and the 3rd Saturday in every month from 2-10pm at the crossroads. So I hope people could make it tonight!

P.S. If anybody wants to help out, I would appreciate all that I can get, so message me. Time to get the Bay Area growing!
    Official FDM Zoner
    ·
  • michizzlemichizzle Joined: Posts: 16
    great event. my friends and I had a blast. see ya guys at the next one!

-mike
    ·
    Thank you everyone that attended, it was an awesome event! I will work hard for the next one :). Train hard for our next battles!
    Official FDM Zoner
    ·
  • EBooKeyEBooKey Joined: Posts: 1
    I had lots of fun at this event. Thank you so much for hosting it.
    I am unable to attend any Saturday meetings, but if you guys are ever thinking of creating more Monday gatherings, I would come for sure :)
    ·
    Sup EBooKey. Even though the event is moved to Saturdays, just message me for some pick-up games. Ill be more than happy to host (if I am free that day). I am glad that you enjoyed the event :). And for all the peeps out there, I am told that I have received money from my work to buy food for my event. I wont buy food every event (gotta stretch it), but when I do, I would like to know what food you guys like, don't like, and allergic too. Cause I dont want to buy like 20 pizzas of pepperoni, and half of the peeps there hate it.
    Official FDM Zoner
    ·
    Hey V, so the next event is going to be hosted on a saturday? So either November 6th or 13th? I just want to know what's going on so I can tell my buddies about it. Oh and you think next time we can get 3 setups going at the same time since you had that extra projector? Like you'd have the wii, 360 and ps3 all going at the same time. Just an idea because my friends all play on ps3 and don't have 360 sticks.

& about food. I don't mind chipping in a few dollars to help you out.

-mike chee
    ·
  • DemoninjaDemoninja Joined: Posts: 760
    I didn't even know about this event haha. Can you update the first post so I'll know when to come down and I can tell my friends about it. Just asking for an update because you mentioned something about negotiating for Saturdays instead of Monday.
    ·
    Got it updated guys, hopefully that will solve questions. Yeah, I can do 3 projectors. If any of you guys going to bring a system, please tell me so I can reserve more projectors and TV's.
    Official FDM Zoner
    ·
    Great Work, looking forward to the next meeting

~Anthony
    ·
  • da notorious K.A.Zda notorious K.A.Z Gutter Trash Joined: Posts: 124
    This sounds pretty cool. I might have to stop by at some point to check it out, even though I'm a super scrub. lol. I'm a SFSU Alum as well, so... might as well :)

Things might be looking up pretty soon though, as far as a scene in the city goes... I'll keep you guys posted. ;)
    ·
  • taozenforcetaozenforce RIP in piece SFxT... Joined: Posts: 1,217
    this interesting dojo has me interested :bgrin:
    ·
  • SomSom Joined: Posts: 793
    what games usually end up being played
    o.O
    ·
    Most of the time Super Street Fighter IV unless there is a consensus by a good amount of people to play something else.
    ·
    Us Berkeley EU guys are looking into attending.
    ·
  • DKLDKL Weeaboos unite! Joined: Posts: 5,182 ✭✭✭
    Actually, yeah, we are attending this one (and will stay for most of the meet); I'll be bringing 2 TE sticks for the 360, which is open to public use...

Assuming I can fit 2 sticks into my bag (big one is currently out of commission due to the wheels being lame and breaking down on me)...

In any event, looking forward to meeting you folks; good stuff.
    DKL's Wonderful World of Weeaboo Gaming: fulfilling all of your Wapaneeds!
    http://www.twitch.tv/dklgaming
    ·
  • ChrisisChrisis Follows her path Joined: Posts: 7,684 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good games all! Next time lets get some more life on the Mahvel station, I love that game so very much. <3
    Isis is something shiny that likes water.
    ·
    Good games to everyone! Some really epic matches throughout the day!

This venue's really awesome and I can't wait to see it grow. Can't go wrong with sparring against chill people, and free pizzah!
    ·
    I have enjoyed the awesome battles today. I am glad everyone had fun! For next time, I will work to get you all free drinks. Keep a look out for the next SFSU dojo session!

My goal: I will train hard for mvc2 and work on my Bison. So matches will be more METAL!!!

Also.I am going to try to get the "ok" to stream/record matches. Does anyone have experience streaming/recording so when I do get the "ok," we can start smoothly into the recording process? Just wondering if there are recording wizards in SF.
    Official FDM Zoner
    ·
  • hxpawnhxpawn Joined: Posts: 9
    Good games all around, guys. The people there were chill and I had a great time playing some close matches. I plan to keep regular attendance as it grows. Thanks for hosting, Worf.
    ·
  • AriariaAriaria TauntxxJab FADC TauntxxJab FADC TauntxxJab, U1 Joined: Posts: 216
    I performed so terribly yesterday. Oh well, good games, everyone!
    ·
    Thanks for Hosting V, awesome gathering.Thanks for signing the card everyone, I am extremely grateful to all. I will continue working on my Gen and Chun-Li as well as Hakkan to give you guys more entertaining matches.
    ·
  • ChrisisChrisis Follows her path Joined: Posts: 7,684 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Back when Keystone 3 was running we were recording the matches with a camcorder that just hooked up to the computer via USB for instant digital video to later be uploaded. You may want to contact Onikage over that if you can get a hold of him, of course Haunts knows all his stuff on that behalf too so it wouldn't hurt to ask him either.
    Isis is something shiny that likes water.
    ·
    Awesome gathering yet again! I brought my friends this time around and they told me they had a blast, especially Jnoob, the cammy player. ahaha. We'll definitely be going again. Thanks V, for hosting the event.. and uh, the pizza was awesome too..

-mike
    ·
    Good games to everyone! Some really epic matches throughout the day!

This venue's really awesome and I can't wait to see it grow. Can't go wrong with sparring against chill people, and free pizzah!

I like the pizza.

Also, WE MUST DO SALTY RUNBACK: CAMMY V. DUDLEY.
    Thanks for Hosting V, awesome gathering.Thanks for signing the card everyone, I am extremely grateful to all. I will continue working on my Gen and Chun-Li as well as Hakkan to give you guys more entertaining matches.

For the record, Sergio cheated because he's been clearly practicing Sakura :V

(but yes, team Makoto and Hakkan will not give in! TEAM KARATE OIL)
    I have enjoyed the awesome battles today. i am glad everyone had fun! for next time, i will work to get u all free drinks. keep a look out for the next sfsu dojo session!

My goal: i will train hard for mvc2 and work on my bison. so matches will be more METAL!!!

also. i am going to try to get the "ok" to stream/record matches. does anyone have experience streaming/recording so when i do get the "ok," we can start smoothly into the recording process? just wondering if there are recording wizards in sf.

Thanks a lot for going through the effort and putting all this stuff together; we really appreciate all your hard work.

That said, Team Eudomonia will likely be at every meet, so expect the Berkeley crew to regular.

TALKING ABOUT THAT:

Given that this is a bi-weekly meet, I guess I'll plug in the Berkeley meets, which are held in-between the SFSU sessions over in Berkeley (near the Downtown Berkeley Bart!):

http://shoryuken.com/f23/berkeley-eudemonia-thread-saturday-11-6-10-meet-sf-state-university-238755/

So, what this one is that it's a bi-weekly meet over at an internet Cafe in Berkeley; all pertinent info for the event is in the thread, but everyone is welcome to come...

That said, yeah, there is a fee (which is broken down in the thread), but it doesn't seem too bad if everyone chips in (and avoids the expensive snacks offered by the shop).

ANYWAY, guess that's all for now.

(oh, and I forgot to mention: I apparently didn't sign out... sorry about that)
    ·
    ALSO, I want the Miku and K-on! sticks; WTF.
    ·
    I like the pizza.

Also, WE MUST DO SALTY RUNBACK: CAMMY V. DUDLEY.

For the record, Sergio cheated because he's been clearly practicing Sakura :V

(but yes, team Makoto and Hakkan will not give in! TEAM KARATE OIL)

Hey~ Your Dudley came back from what should have been Cammy's Perfect round! I missed a critical anti-air FTW and then my backdash mashing got blownup...and then I died... on a giant projector....with almost everyone watching. I'll never live that down, and now Cammy has to wear the white/salty leotard forever FML.

I don't train with Sakura but I do use her a lot against coworkers (my Cammy is soft-banned during lunchtime casuals) since I get the best reactions when I do her resets. She has a lot of overlap with Ken, a character I have been practicing. Alot of similar links, main difference being Ken does loads more damage and can actually get in on the ground, while Sakura is all about stun and teh resets. Otherwise, I just x-copy shytzoo :lol:

Good stuff again everyone!

Jnoob has a solid Cammy! He did some pretty neat tricks against Ramon's beastly 'Sim that didn't cross my mind ever. Had GGs with him especially. :tup:
    ·
    Hey~ Your Dudley came back from what should have been Cammy's Perfect round! I missed a critical anti-air FTW and then my backdash mashing got blownup...and then I died... on a giant projector....with almost everyone watching. I'll never live that down, and now Cammy has to wear the white/salty leotard forever FML.

I don't train with Sakura but I do use her a lot against coworkers (my Cammy is soft-banned during lunchtime casuals) since I get the best reactions when I do her resets. She has a lot of overlap with Ken, a character I have been practicing. Alot of similar links, main difference being Ken does loads more damage and can actually get in on the ground, while Sakura is all about stun and teh resets. Otherwise, I just x-copy shytzoo :lol:

Good stuff again everyone!

Jnoob has a solid Cammy! He did some pretty neat tricks against Ramon's beastly 'Sim that didn't cross my mind ever. Had GGs with him especially. :tup:

man that's still more practice then I had with Hakkan or Dominic with Makoto lol
    ·
    Thank you Chrisis, ill try and contact them. And DKL, I am going to Eudumonia this Saturday, expect me there. As for the SFSU session, it might be moved next door from the crossroads for one Saturday. It will then be moved back, I think they are cleaning it or something. I will post as soon as i get info.
    Official FDM Zoner
    ·
    A quick heads up guys:

A lot of people might be trying to make it out to NorCal Regionals and I'm not certain what's gonna happen next week; we should coordinate stuff in the various threads (SF, EU, etc.).
    ·
  • Grits'N'GravyGrits'N'Gravy Street Fighter Snore Joined: Posts: 977
    I would be interested in playing hd remix or st but don't have a california drivers license yet. Anybody plays hdr? Is my maine license good to go?
    ·
  • -=- Rufio -=--=- Rufio -=- Killa Beez Son! Joined: Posts: 88
    finally a place to play closer to home!! and my EU crew are commin down too? aw..yeah!

will there be any TvC games goin' down? I'm not really good at it but i would like to try and get my game up on that...
    fallow me on twitter: iabt2goMONKEY
    ·
    We need to get some discussion going with V first, however; apparently, a lot of the EU crew is going to NCR and I'm not sure what's happening at SFSU this week.
    ·
    I actually have a proposal that one of the projectors be set to the stream of NorCal Regionals if V does in fact decide to hold a meeting this Saturday. I myself would like to get in a large amount of rounds since we only meet the 1st and 3rd of every Saturday. Yet at the same time I don't wanna miss any of the action going down in NorCal Regionals.
    ·
    Oh, Nor Cal regionals this week? Forgot about that. If people dont want to go to nor-cal, but want to play at SFSU, then post. I want to get a head count. I dont think I would be going to nor-cal, cause I still need to work on my game and I dont have a ride there (unless public trans takes me there). But I think there will be a 80% chance that the SFSU Dojo will happen this Saturday.

This Saturday and Dec 4th, the Dojo will be in Mary Park Hall because the crossroads will be cleaned. Mary Park Hall is right next to the cross roads and next to Mary Ward Hall. If confused, either ask me or check this San Francisco State University map. Message me if all of you are going or staying. I can either go and battle at the nor cal, or stay and battle at SFSU.

VII-I could set up the projector to play the stream if people are staying.
    Official FDM Zoner
    ·
  • AriariaAriaria TauntxxJab FADC TauntxxJab FADC TauntxxJab, U1 Joined: Posts: 216
    I'll definitely be at SFSU again if you're holding a session.
    I actually have a proposal that one of the projectors be set to the stream of NorCal Regionals if V does in fact decide to hold a meeting this Saturday. I myself would like to get in a large amount of rounds since we only meet the 1st and 3rd of every Saturday. Yet at the same time I don't wanna miss any of the action going down in NorCal Regionals.
    And this sounds legit.
    ·
    oh, nor cal regionals this week? forgot about that. if people dont want to go to nor-cal, but play at sfsu, then post. i want to get a head count. i dont think i would be going to nor-cal, cause i still need to work on my game and i dont have a ride there (unless public trans takes me there). but i think there will be a 80% chance that the sfsu dojo will happen this saturday. this saturday and dec 4, the dojo will be in mary park hall because the crossroads will be cleaned and stuff. mary park hall is right next to the cross roads and mary ward hall. if confused either ask me or check this map out San Francisco State University map. message me if all of you are going or staying. i can either go and battle at the nor cal, or stay and battle at sfsu.

VII-i could set up the projecter to play the stream if people are staying.

Thanks in advance V
    ·
  • explosiveexplosive Joined: Posts: 49
    count me in if theres a meet this saturday @ the doj. my trigger fingers are itching. good luck to the folks going to NCR.
    ·
    I'm done, I'm pissed that I missed the first two, 1 because I just didn't know and the 2nd I was in the hospital. I may have a few friends coming down as well if this is going down.
    ·
    So happy to see this dojo taking off!

I'll be at NCR (wish me and the rest of the EU guys luck), but damn, I wanna split myself into two people right now...
    ·
    Gonna be rooting for ya Sergio -.-b. I'm sure all of us will be looking for you on the stream:tup:
    ·
    @Taozenforce: Good luck man. I send my luck to you and the rest of the EU guys

Sup everyone. It seems like we still got peeps left, so the dojo is going down this Saturday at the same time (2-10) but at the Mary Park Hall (San Francisco State University map). My Freinds that usually help me out are going on their thanksgiving break early, so I am afraid that there would be only my Xbox as a setup. I think that would be ok, considering that everyone is going to the nor-cal tourney. but if anybody can bring extra setups/sticks (etc.) then that would be cool. Tell me what you guys think.
    Official FDM Zoner
    ·
    lmao I said I'm done when I meant "down." I can bring my stick but not really willing to bring a whole set up cause I'll be bussing it.
    ·
  • explosiveexplosive Joined: Posts: 49
    hmm so no ps3 setup? all i have is a stick for the ps3. if anyone is willing to bring a ps3 setup, ill bring my ssf4 copy.
    ·
  • -=- Rufio -=--=- Rufio -=- Killa Beez Son! Joined: Posts: 88
    So happy to see this dojo taking off!

I'll be at NCR (wish me and the rest of the EU guys luck), but damn, I wanna split myself into two people right now...

good luck guys! i wish my game was lvl.s higher otherwise i'd join you guys too...but yeah see yall thursday at EU.

Count me in at SFSU. what time and what systems are gonna be there?
    fallow me on twitter: iabt2goMONKEY
    ·