DUNGEON FIGHTER ONLINE: Guild: SRK

Comments

• ErythEryth Joined: Posts: 2
    Getting the e-mail is not important. A lot of people didn't get it. And yes, you can get your credentials through facebook.
  • ElderGODElderGOD GOD Joined: Posts: 9,800
    Vestax wrote: »
    I didn't get any notices in mail. Is it important to have it? I thought I can just log in with FB.
    Eryth wrote: »
    Getting the e-mail is not important. A lot of people didn't get it. And yes, you can get your credentials through facebook.

So far some people who did it through gmail seem to be missing the notification. Others had it go to junk/spam folder. In order to get it you must subscribe to the newsletter.

I don't think you need it to get your characters back, but you must log on with your Facebook account to get your characters back and you must pick the correct server. You only get one shot at it.
  • KwyjiboKwyjibo Joined: Posts: 476
    I got it through gmail. It went under the "promotions" tab.
  • PacifistPacifist Seoul and Soul Joined: Posts: 1,788
    Do we know what the max level is and if we get any 2nd awakenings yet?
  • Spirit JuiceSpirit Juice 「HATES EVERYTHING」 Joined: Posts: 15,016 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Pacifist wrote: »

I THINK the second awakenings come with the Great Metastasis, which is what current in Asia right now (pretty much the world gets fucked up and is rebuilt or some shit). So more or less I think we'll be up to date or pretty up to date with the Asian version of DFO. Max level is likely whatever the current max level in Asia right now (70 or 80, I'm not sure).
  • ZeonTheUnbornZeonTheUnborn The One IX Joined: Posts: 2,726
    I really don't like having the auth go through facebook. I honestly feel like it's a waste of time, but w/e. I do want to know..are we stuck on that server once we select it?
    I will win! I won't stop until I get them!

Work him! Yes! Him! Him right there! Work. Him!
  • EmilEmil Joined: Posts: 4,389
    So I heard Fair Arena was removed? How does pvp work now?
    KoF98UM - EX Yama, Eiji, Orochi Yashiro | KoF2k2 - Kim, Whip, Athena, Choi |
    Kof13 - Saiki, Shen, Vice | P4U2 - Shadow Labrys, Rise | GGXrd - Bedman
  • NephtallNephtall Joined: Posts: 15
    edited November 2016
    Post edited by Nephtall on
  • kin3tixkin3tix Joined: Posts: 1,205

Live and direct. Neople's 24 hour stream.
    III. Fujr.
    Less than 24 hours. I am...way too hype.
  • FlamespitFlamespit >.> Joined: Posts: 45
    Danjun is a master at trolling xD
    I really don't like having the auth go through facebook. I honestly feel like it's a waste of time, but w/e. I do want to know..are we stuck on that server once we select it?

Then just make a new account? You don't have to log in through Facebook.
  • BTeKsBTeKs Joined: Posts: 72
    edited March 2015
    Hype, can't wait. I've always went with blademaster but going to switch it up this time and go with physical excorcist.
    Predownload on dfoneople.com is up!
  • UnKnown_DriveUnKnown_Drive Eternal Wing Joined: Posts: 172
    edited March 2015
    What Spirit Juice said. lol

Link

Decided to start over with a new account, btw. I have a gaming-specific email for a reason.
    PSN: NA - FloWofMotioN71 / JP - FloWofMistraL17
    Steam: UnKnown_Drive
    DFO: InfluxDrive (GM), NephtisDrive (BM)
    If you have gmail, you can always do the + trick. Example = myemail@gmail.com and myemail+chickenlollipop@gmail.com will register as different e-mails at websites, but when mail is sent to the one with the +, it will still show up in the myemail@gmail.com inbox. Way easier than actually registering a new e-mail.
  • Ken34Ken34 a.k.a Mashima Taichi Joined: Posts: 7,069 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG

I THINK the second awakenings come with the Great Metastasis, which is what current in Asia right now (pretty much the world gets fucked up and is rebuilt or some shit). So more or less I think we'll be up to date or pretty up to date with the Asian version of DFO. Max level is likely whatever the current max level in Asia right now (70 or 80, I'm not sure).

someone in here i think it was, linked the patch notes for the version we are most likely getting. 2nd awakenings are in for sure.
    "True Strength is something Money and Credit cards cannot buy"
    Meh, I don't care. I actually want to start over and experience the game all over again with my main. lol
  • Running WildRunning Wild Rock You Like A Hurricane Joined: Posts: 3,176
    edited March 2015
    Emil wrote: »

All equipment gives fixed stats now, like +HP, +aspd, etc. The level and rarity of the equipment effects these stats as well, so being high level and having quality gears will greatly influence your stats in PvP (Basically your PvE gear work like Fair Arena equipment used to). Special effects, including those from epics, have no effect, only Legacy Set effects and Inter-dimensional Stats (Cursed) equipment work, along with your Avatars, Pet and Title. Emblems are disabled and Enchants outside of Weapon Elemental don't work.

You can enter PvP starting at level 35, and you have access to all the skills and skill points as a level 85 character would, but you still gotta be Awakened to get access to your Passive.
    YouTube Channel - All sorts of random vidya's of fighting games and shit.
    Stream - Watch me bad in various classic fighting games.
    RB2: Xiangfei, Cheng, Mary, Geese
    edited March 2015
    Aaaand I just found out that I could've used my FB account to register, change the email, get my characters, then disconnect the FB from my account afterward.

This is what I get for not paying attention, folks. Now I gotta find out a way to delete that new account I made...
    Post edited by UnKnown_Drive on
  • EmilEmil Joined: Posts: 4,389

All equipment gives fixed stats now, like +HP, +aspd, etc. The level and rarity of the equipment effects these stats as well, so being high level and having quality gears will greatly influence your stats in PvP (Basically your PvE gear work like Fair Arena equipment used to). Special effects, including those from epics, have no effect, only Legacy Set effects and Inter-dimensional Stats (Cursed) equipment work, along with your Avatars, Pet and Title. Emblems are disabled and Enchants outside of Weapon Elemental don't work.

You can enter PvP starting at level 35, and you have access to all the skills and skill points as a level 85 character would, but you still gotta be Awakened to get access to your Passive.

Do all characters have dual builds or do we need to purchase a cash shop item?
    KoF98UM - EX Yama, Eiji, Orochi Yashiro | KoF2k2 - Kim, Whip, Athena, Choi |
    Kof13 - Saiki, Shen, Vice | P4U2 - Shadow Labrys, Rise | GGXrd - Bedman
  • FlambeauFlambeau Joined: Posts: 104
    edited March 2015
    cash shop item back when we had it 3 years ago, but with the free resets, it's not gonna matter.

Gotta love installing a file I just downloaded and getting "Updating launcher" when clicking "Launch DFO"

First impressions of the launcher - The screens cycle to fast, and it's leaps and bounds better than the old one.

As for what Unknown Drive is talking about

You log in with facebook, but DFO only cares about your e-mail address. so you need to make sure that the e-mail address is what matters. you are asked to create a new password associated to the e-mail you have on your facebook account and that is your NEW log in

so basically there is no real Facebook log in.

http://www.dfoneople.com/events/celebration

looks like a free title, a 3 week free safe upgrade for leveling to 5 and the danjin coin for the next OBT to help incentivize people to play. even the events beat out old nexon
  • SigmaeSigmae Not made of airports Joined: Posts: 115
    Right now it looks like US is being split into East and West servers.
    Any idea which we're going to be starting on?
  • NonSexualRiceNonSexualRice Riding The VaporWave Joined: Posts: 3,585
    Wait, how do I get my characters?
    Do i have to link my facebook?

I'm very confused atm
    BB: valkenhayn/Carl
    SG: Fortune/Eliza (hype train)/Valentine
  • Running WildRunning Wild Rock You Like A Hurricane Joined: Posts: 3,176
    edited March 2015
    Do all characters have dual builds or do we need to purchase a cash shop item?

PvE and PvP builds are separate.
    YouTube Channel - All sorts of random vidya's of fighting games and shit.
    Stream - Watch me bad in various classic fighting games.
    RB2: Xiangfei, Cheng, Mary, Geese
  • NeesaNeesa Everyone faces darkness on their own. As I have done, so will you. Joined: Posts: 7,123
    Already have my game pre-downloaded, just waiting for the servers to be open.
    "At the very least, Ana means that that one guy who runs Widowmaker and only Widowmaker can now play support." - d3v
    3DS FC: 0559-8183-6908
    Halfway done with the download seen stuff for metamorphosis and knight with a chaos attack, so maybe we get them.
    As a heads up, US East is the "Cain" server.
    I think that's our best bet considering the historical trend.

Also Asian regions that would be on West are IP blocked. Those in European regions will also likely be going East.

Your thoughts, Elder?
    I'll be on whatever the US West server is.
    edited March 2015
    Yeay 6.21 GB downloaded - that was fun.

and we need to pick a server, we have a vote for west coast, and a hope for east coast.

see you all tomorrow - hopefully in game.
    I'll put a vote down for Cain server.
  • Syxx573Syxx573 Jo Mama Joined: Posts: 8,963
    could someone make a FB group for the guild
  • Syxx573Syxx573 Jo Mama Joined: Posts: 8,963
    I played during the entire alpha however for beta I'll be making a witch.
  • xiceman191xiceman191 Joined: Posts: 1,436
    Looks like I'll be skipping class tommorow for this and bloodborne
    Psn: Datdudeiceman191
    Umvc3: Main team: Nova/Spencer/Mags, Secondary: Dormammu/Strange/Magneto
    twitch.tv/datdudeiceman191
  • Ken34Ken34 a.k.a Mashima Taichi Joined: Posts: 7,069 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Syxx573 wrote: »
    could someone make a FB group for the guild

yes seriously!
    "True Strength is something Money and Credit cards cannot buy"
    edited March 2015
    Looking into it further, most of the US population seems to be going Cain server (NA East).
    Delezie (NA West) seems like it will have much fewer players than Cain.

In other DnF versions, Cain has always been the primary server as well.

Keep in mind, from what I have read the servers should be in the same location geographically, and with the game being peer to peer anyway, it wouldn't matter for our purposes.
    I think the goal should be to wind up on the more active server, which will almost certainly be Cain.

Edit:
    This is based on various polls and online boards/chats that show a large majority planning on playing on Cain.
    strawpoll.me/3944779
    strawpoll.me/3945004
    strawpoll.me/3946337

Another forum poll currently has 77 East to 35 West.

Remember, this does not impact your connection, only how many players we have access to in the community.
    I really just think Delezie over Cain would be a big mistake at this point.

Just as a disclaimer, I am Midwest and this is not a personal agenda thing.
    I really just want our guild to be on the server where we will be most likely to succeed, and not have to all make new characters if the server is too low population and a migration happens.
    Cain seems to be the obvious choice.
    Post edited by Sigmae on
  • OhioNitsudOhioNitsud Joined: Posts: 81
    downloaded and ready to go. +1 for an east coast server. I should go to bed early so I can play before work.
    Friends and I came to the same conclusion. I'm on the WC but the East Coast server looks like the better option. I doubt we'll feel any real difference, as I played with the same friends in DFO Nexon, and the real issue was with someone's personal connection or ISPs causing issues by throttling (it's P2P, it must be bad!).
    edited March 2015
    Friends and I came to the same conclusion. I'm on the WC but the East Coast server looks like the better option. I doubt we'll feel any real difference, as I played with the same friends in DFO Nexon, and the real issue was with someone's personal connection or ISPs causing issues by throttling (it's P2P, it must be bad!).

Yeah, you really won't feel any difference in connection East vs West considering it's all Peer to Peer.
    The main difference is East is looking to be as much as twice as active.

With the way the server split is looking so far, there will be many more tournaments etc. hosted on Cain.
  • Shinkuu TatsumakiShinkuu Tatsumaki Joined: Posts: 6,889
    Is the DFO wiki on their website up to date with what will be available?