???????????????????????????????&#

Buster WolfBuster Wolf Are you okay?Joined: Posts: 738
????????????????????????????????????????????

Comments

• fobi0fobi0 YEAH ME TOO!!! Joined: Posts: 3,108
    well, ill try to specify the top3 grooves shes good wit
    k, p, a(IMO) k is great cuz she can rush u the hell down. p if u can parry well (ex. parry shoryuken and fierce em). a she has decent cc's, does good as a battery also (i think). plus, she can literally kill u wit jes usin fierce and roundhouses
    You bad...
  • jreinert13jreinert13 Smoked out Member Joined: Posts: 899
    IMO Cammy's best grooves;

1)K Groove
    2)P Groove
    3)C Groove
    4)A Groove
    5)S Groove (one of the best, if not thee best S Groove character(s) but S groove is just not that good)
    6)N Groove
  • MegaZangiefMegaZangief Mr. Endowed Joined: Posts: 298
    I think it would be A,C,K,P,S,N . But what groove to use her in should not be a big concern. She works well in all the grooves. Her big gameplan relies on her using normals.
    Magic the Gathering is better than Marvel
  • bison812bison812 East Coast Player Joined: Posts: 140
    IMO I think her best groves are C,K,A,N,S,P and the reason i put C over A is because of the Alpha Counter, Air blocking "one of the quickest dashes in the game" K of course JD and the run/Short jumps can be deadly for her. C of course you always have quick access to bar for a super just incase you link any of her moves like close S.Fierce.

Just naming somethings i felt made C better then A. In all actuallity as long as she has fierce and RH she is still a force to mess with. If i play her in A i hate the fact that i lose her Air block if i jump in on certain characters. (anyone with a DP move). If you where to use the supers in A grove you only get Lv but why would you waste them while you have a CC to use.

I also like the Super Cancel Feature a lot but that is just me. It comes in handey during the tight matches.

The main weakness of C Groove is its lack of offensive options. Without the Run/Short jump then granted you lose a lot of Offense:eek:
    Bison812-
    Scream! Cry out! Suffer till your hearts content

The best post i've ever read on SRK

Understand that other ppl here on SRK or in Japan can be wrong. This means that while a character may be viewed as weak, he/she can win at the highest levels. It comes down to the player unless the matches are so against the character that ppl think of them like Dan.

Sure, it may not be true 100% but in trying to be good and innovate new shit instead of being a skillful copycat, it's good to assume that every character is competitive at a certain level.

-Apoc
  • SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
    why would you mention alpha counter and dash as an advantage that c has over a?
  • noodlemannoodleman Cancer of GTASF Joined: Posts: 5,165
    if it's just cammy you're talking about the order it's got to be:

P
    C
    K
    A
    N
    S

Reasons:

P groove: her parry -> fp is crazy fast, stuff's just about anything. you can play high low games with small jump, and has access to level 3, which is almost as good as the sonic hurricane at punishing anything. You can even punish Vega if he HITs you with hp.

C groove: probrably tied with K, since she has RC, can play dash games, and she can charge her bar quickly. Oh, and she can alpha counter (her's is pretty good)

K groove: JD is good, her run is MAD fast, high low games again, and you can JD xx Throw =p

A groove: the meter is even shorter than c, so you can get CC's all the time, but then you lose access to the lvl3 super punish. Which i is what this groove is down here

N groove: it's gotta be better than S

S groove: if you can play S groove competetivity, i salute you!
    "You'd be better off falling asleep with the taste of my crotch in your mouth." - Miyavi

"no no! it don't hurt if spoon is greasy!" - Zangief Chronicles.
  • popoblopopoblo Joined: Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    S is definitely better than N.
  • OuroborusOuroborus plays 3s just to troll Joined: Posts: 7,237 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    my opinion

K
    P
    C
    S
    A
    N

A groove cammy isnt all that good. she gets zoned down pretty badly and her CCs arent too powerful. Of course that doesnt mean her CCs are bad since she can get in a free throw or two from a blocked CC and the close hp option select.
    ssf4ae tier list regarding Gen:

D Proto: and where is Gen?
    oORYUOo: you cannot tier what you cannot see
    i believe cammy is almost equally good in all grooves, but p and k might have the slight advantage....

s groove cammy is great. i've used her in it, and she's sucha WHORE. well, she's a whore in general. plus i think she has got to have two of the best (if not THE best) dodge attacks in the game. her knockdown attack is her damn far standing rh, and her other one is her FREAKIN FIERCE (so u know it can LINK.) wtf....
  • 56565656 ! Joined: Posts: 32
    Yeah, I'd say that P-Groove would be her best. Parry gets rid of any of Cammy's weeknesses like ground fireballs or Athena's crouching Fierce. You can really just poke and throw your oponent to death. Then, just treat the QCFx2 kick super like AHVB to punish.
    SF4: Ryu,M.Bison | Super Turbo: Ryu,Balrog
    Third Strike: Ken-3,Alex-2,Chun Li-2
    MVC2: Spiral/Cable/Sentinel,Storm/Sentinel/Cyclops
    CVS2: P-Groove-Cammy,etc.
  • S4vS4v Team Cream Joined: Posts: 148
    Late but oh well

P - Parry fierce (3/+10 - 3/+9). Hop-in shorts > super game. Mini jump. And umm...parry fierce.

S - Almost as scary as p overall. Scarier (sp?) than p as far as poke game is concerned. Her sidestep attacks are HP and HK. Rush down game and mini jump. May put this above p...

C - Overall solid groove. Super cancels every 30 seconds. Hop-in short x 3 > super

K - Solid rush down character. Mini jump. Supers when she does get raged up plus she'll take 35% more health/guard with her normals

A - Kinda boring but since its cammy she's solid. The custom is OK but this groove doesent enhance her too much. Kinda like P blanka

N - Decent rush down i guess. Mini jump. Solid character strictly cuz its cammy again
    Take a chance you stupid ho
    Ground fireballs are not Cammy's weakness. She can dash over them with ease. Cammy's weakness is being such a whorish character. Once u break her basic offense, she's left with little.

Also, Cannon Drill is nothing for a C-Groove Guile. Just wait til she slightly messes up a Cannon Drill, and Sonic Hurricane. Even apparently "safe" Cannon Drills get caught. Nothing escapes the Hurricane. Nothing.
  • HoneyBBQGrundleHoneyBBQGrundle Coco's dead! Joined: Posts: 980
    Originally posted by (THE) Geese
    Cammy's weakness is being such a whorish character. Once u break her basic offense, she's left with little.

Well yeah, but it's still hard to do that. You might know a close st fp, far st fp, st rh is coming , but you can't do much about it. DP? Cammy just waits a little next time. Cammy's just a slut and I'm very glad I use her.

Back to the subject, I'd have to say it's C, K, P, A, S, N

C only cuz of stored super and quick dash. K above P cuz it's safer to JD than parry.
    I do want to play Barbie Horse Adventures.
    Originally posted by HoneyBBQGrundle

Well yeah, but it's still hard to do that. You might know a close st fp, far st fp, st rh is coming , but you can't do much about it. DP? Cammy just waits a little next time. Cammy's just a slut and I'm very glad I use her.

Back to the subject, I'd have to say it's C, K, P, A, S, N

C only cuz of stored super and quick dash. K above P cuz it's safer to JD than parry.

she's not hard to beat...at all. sagat is. blanka can be. cammy is not.
  • popoblopopoblo Joined: Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Originally posted by (THE) Geese

she's not hard to beat...at all. sagat is. blanka can be. cammy is not.

uhhhhhhhh, do you know something everybody else doesn't? would you mind sharing this top tier tactic of how to beat cammy easily?
    Originally posted by popoblo

uhhhhhhhh, do you know something everybody else doesn't? would you mind sharing this top tier tactic of how to beat cammy easily?

Give me a character, and I'll tell u how to beat her (as long as that character doesn't totally suck).
  • taestytaesty top copy-master.. Joined: Posts: 312
    actually a well-played cammy is hard to beat...
    Ok.

How do you beat Cammy easily with...

Blanka?
    Sagat?
    Kyo?
    Ryu?
    Ken?
    Sakura?
    Originally posted by Burghy
    Ok.

How do you beat Cammy easily with...

Blanka?
    Sagat?
    Kyo?
    Ryu?
    Ken?
    Sakura?

nobody is easy to beat when some1 good is using them. but i'll give my tips on why she isn't that bad...

blanka: u can control the pace of the match just by using long drawn out strings. Crossup forward, c. forward, c. short, c. forward xx jab Ball, c. forward...then u can cross her up again with jumpin forward or just do crouching fierce. You can bait out her s. rh's and then c. rh, which i'm pretty sure reaches farther then any of her pokes. Her jumpins are eliminated by jumpup fierce, and her crossups are eliminated by Blanka's forward hop. The biggest advantage Blanka has on her is that he has higher then average stamina and strength. Also, Cammy dashins are stopped pretty well by Blanka's c. forward, which cannot be punished on reaction, and which retracts very quickly. The same reason Blanka dominates in this matchup is the same as every1...he has huge strings, and he has moves which allow him to keep his offense going (s. jab for continuous crossup forwards cause it has big blockstun), and jab/strong Blanka balls which allow him to get back in with the opponent having to guess on the place where he will land.

Sagat: Sagat first off has huge stamina/strength advantage on Cammy. A sagat combo hurts her a lot, while Sagat can afford to take a few fierces/rh's. Jumpup rh can shut down Cammy pretty good. Jumpin rh trades with Cannon Spike if done intelligently, and because Sagat has such a huge strength/stamina advantage (and beacuse Sagat teams usually have him R2, while Cammy is usually R1), too much trading with the "BEAST KICK" will dizzy Cammy in about 3-4 trades. After that, a j. rh, c. fierce xx lvl2 Tiger Raid xx fierce TU or another super will kill Cammy (stamina issues once again). Sagat's s. forward controls Cammy's s. rhs because i believe it has bigger range then it. Cammy can duck it tho. I'm not gonna get into Sagat's s. short because altho it is dominating according to certain good sources, I don't use it much.

More later...

Keep in mind, this is kinda difficult unless u actually give me more specific questions (such as How does Sagat get around Cammy's XXX move?).
    I've sort of found the 'sweet spot' for Cammy where st HK beats sagat's jump HK clean. So my Cammy strategy is mainly st HK when he jumps, and do lots and lots of randomly spaced st MK and st HK in order to bait a roll.

Blanka wins against Cammy but I don't htink it is by any means easy. Cammy's low jump LK and in-close pokes give him lots of trouble.

Sakura gives everyone trouble, but Cammy has it almost even with her. She's weak against Cammy in close, and doesn't have too many ways to evade crossup.

I just poke Kyo a lot and he never gets in and he dies.
    Same with Ryu and Ken
    doesn't ryu want to be far away in this matchup? thats the feeling i get. I mean all he does is RC fireballs and cr Strong.
  • eightysixeightysix Team Nanpa Seiken Joined: Posts: 313
    Hm, best groove? I'd say a tie between P and K. I play both grooves with Cammy and my style changes dramatically depending on which groove I use. P is better for turtling since once you get a level 3 super, you can just sit on it. Dash mindgames also help out a lot. K is more rushdown oriented especially when you get raged. Both grooves help out with filling her defensive holes with Parry/JD and both offer great offensive games with small jump.
    お前はもう死んでいる。
    You're already dead.
    cammy's weakness is her stamina, and the fact that she has to be pretty close. but that's just being pesimistic.
  • I Am LotharI Am Lothar ಠ_ಠ Joined: Posts: 2,798
    her best groove is the one that gives her s.fp and s.hk
    AIM: SubtleDagger256
    I'm tempted to switch from K groove to C groove, but I like C groove Cammy over K. level 2 cancel... QCF QCF x k (level 2 hits) qcb in air followed by DP kick.

My cheap air block :D allows my dive kicks to be little less punishable at times and I can mix em up to do crossovers. Plus it benefits my overall team with Sagat coming in after her. c.mk xx Tiger raidxxF tiger uppercut

kthxbye...
    I love airblocking after everytime I do a dive kick.
  • noodlemannoodleman Cancer of GTASF Joined: Posts: 5,165
    air blocking...after a dive kick?

can someone elaborate?
    "You'd be better off falling asleep with the taste of my crotch in your mouth." - Miyavi

"no no! it don't hurt if spoon is greasy!" - Zangief Chronicles.
    I would put S groove as the bottom. Her RC anything is too good. Why would anyone put N groove below S? She has good rush down potential, RCs, Charge guard break into a free combo. Could anyone explain how S groove is higher than any of her other grooves? What are you going to do? jp + sk then throw? Or get a bunch of level one supers? Please she is better than most in this groove but this is nothing to C,N,P,K (not in any order) then last A groove.
    Originally posted by MKKID
    I would put S groove as the bottom. Her RC anything is too good. Why would anyone put N groove below S? She has good rush down potential, RCs, Charge guard break into a free combo. Could anyone explain how S groove is higher than any of her other grooves? What are you going to do? jp + sk then throw? Or get a bunch of level one supers? Please she is better than most in this groove but this is nothing to C,N,P,K (not in any order) then last A groove.

You seriously haven't seen S-Groove used to it's full potential if you think N-Groove is better for Cammy. Her dodge attacks are CRAZY. They're basically her S.HP and S.HK which are already deadly. Her dodge and charge look almost identical so you can play mindgames with that. Cammy's RCs aren't even all that great. Even RC Spiral Arrows die to ground fireballs.
    お前はもう死んでいる。
    You're already dead.
    Originally posted by eightysix

You seriously haven't seen S-Groove used to it's full potential if you think N-Groove is better for Cammy. Her dodge attacks are CRAZY. They're basically her S.HP and S.HK which are already deadly. Her dodge and charge look almost identical so you can play mindgames with that. Cammy's RCs aren't even all that great. Even RC Spiral Arrows die to ground fireballs.

I agree if you watched Dr. B's cammy against Daigo in Evo2k3 you would realize her dodges are deadly.
  • mr.sagatmr.sagat OG Vegas Titan Joined: Posts: 1,697
    Her dodges may be deadly but they lose to roll cancelling....They obviously aren't that deadly cuz if they were wouldn't you be telling me how dr. B beat Diago!!!! Also, I am sure Daigo is not that used to S groove Cammy. I personally think K Cammy owns S Cammy for free....
    Originally posted by mr.sagat
    Her dodges may be deadly but they lose to roll cancelling....They obviously aren't that deadly cuz if they were wouldn't you be telling me how dr. B beat Diago!!!! Also, I am sure Daigo is not that used to S groove Cammy. I personally think K Cammy owns S Cammy for free....

Uh, you're completely missing the point. You're talking about RCing in GENERAL. Let me reiterate. I was refering to Cammy's RCs. And even though it is an RC, her's anything special. RC Spiral Arrow is no where near as good as something like Sakura's Fireball or Ken's LK Funky Kick. Although I'll give you props if you can RC the Hooligan Combination. That would be sick. Free throws! But that's not very practical. :lol:

And how do dodges lose to RCs if you can just DODGE right through the RC when you see it coming? And even if you don't see it coming you can just block it. You make is sound like Daigo won on RCs alone, which he didn't. And if you saw that match, you'd know that it was close as hell. It could have gone either way.
    お前はもう死んでいる。
    You're already dead.