1996 Xband Fighting Game Top 5 Lists - Scans from Tips & Tricks Magazine

xband411xband411 XbanderJoined: Posts: 14
Hi all,

Here's a shot of fighting game nostalgia all the way from 1996. Tips & Tricks magazine would print that month's top Xband players for both the Sega Genesis and Super Nintendo Xband Video Game Networks.

Genesis Games = SSF II, MK II, and Primal Rage

SNES Games = SSF II, MK II, and KI

WeaponLord was also playable on the SNES Xband, but I don't think it ever showed up in the printed rankings.

I know there are a lot of former Xband users here, so I figured I'd post these up in case they were interested in seeing them. Special thanks go to Tips & Tricks editor Chris Bieniek for scanning all of these. For those of you who don't know what Xband is, search that term on YouTube or Wikipedia for more information

January 1996 Top 5 Lists
Photo from XBAND | Facebook

February 1996 Top 5 Lists

March 1996 Top 5 Lists

April 1996 Top 5 Lists

May 1996 Top 5 Lists

June 1996 Top 5 Lists

July 1996 Top 5 Lists

August 1996 Top 5 Lists

September 1996 Top 5 Lists

October 1996 Top 5 Lists

November 1996 Top 5 Lists

December 1996 Top 5 Lists

Comments

• shoultzulashoultzula whatsyoursismines! Joined: Posts: 4,503
    very cool thread. xband was the first online service for consoles on the SNES. Cigarbob and kuroppi were talking about the better players on xband just the other day on ggpo. dream theater = og??????

do any of the OG's have any VHS sessions of some of these battles? I want to see what online looked like back then.
    I don't have it but watch me get it.
  • xband411xband411 Xbander Joined: Posts: 14
    I really wish we could find some guys to upload any video they have of them playing any fighting games on Xband. There are only two related things on YouTube at the moment:

- Two guys from Japan playing SSFII on the SFC

- An extremely weak MKII match.

I'd be willing to bet that someone here has an old VHS tape with some XB footage on it.
  • ShinjiGohanShinjiGohan Joined: Posts: 5,061 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    very cool thread. xband was the first online service for consoles on the SNES. Cigarbob and kuroppi were talking about the better players on xband just the other day on ggpo. dream theater = og??????

no shit dream theater is og.
  • CI581CI581 Joined: Posts: 3,297
    that Mortal Kombat II game was shittastic!
  • shoultzulashoultzula whatsyoursismines! Joined: Posts: 4,503
    no shit dream theater is og.

yo, nice pro tip. thnx for looking out.
    I don't have it but watch me get it.
  • MrWizardMrWizard Supreme Commander Joined: Posts: 22,134 admin
    lawl blast from the past, forgot about my KI days.

I own Sabre! (Back then Sabre was known as Cyber Crip)
    Shoryuken.com
  • Mr MortMr Mort Giganticus breathalizer Joined: Posts: 293 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Oh yeah, I was playing SNES SSF2 for a good while. I had the same gamertag back then too. Dream Theater kicked my ass several times, and I remember a guy named Vincent Delpino who always managed to beat me with Ryu every time. I fucking hate Ryu because of that guy.

The games were surprisingly smooth, but there was a weird latency to it, it took a while to get used to, but once you did, it somehow felt natural. It's hard to explain.

I remember the days of "pulling", of the few matches I would manage to best my opponent, some of them were pussies and would either shut their SNES off or pull out the phone cord, which XBand managed to find a way to detect after a while, and would award you the win anyways the next time you logged on.

One thing tho, typing emails or chatting with the SNES controller sucked ass.

Quoted for truth!!!

I have no idea why I never broke down and bought a keyboard, especially towards the end. They were nearly giving those things away.

I didn't get on until the summer of '96. Towards the end of that year and the beginning of '97, the win swapping took off and completely ruined the rankings. I wish I would have been on from day 1. It was still a great experience though. Made a lot of friends that I still keep in touch with this very day.
  • zeeteszeetes I <3 Namco Joined: Posts: 1,060
    this is an awesome thread, thank you for the heads up!

i've been an online gamer of sorts since the early days of MUDs, but xband with KI and SSF2 (and a little doom) was the most fun i've ever had playing online. i miss waiting until the end of the match to hit whatever the button was as fast as possible to open up a chat session and congratulate or talk shit to whoever you played. to this day, i'm still good friends with a few people i met locally on xband, and every time i see them it's the first thing we joke about.

i ranked one time in ssf2, and that is the highlight of my fighting "career." that was quite an accomplishment considering how many people were bitches and would disconnect to avoid losing. that was when i spent a lot more time playing sf2 and spent all of my free time in the arcades instead of homework.

ki was my game of choice though. i've always been terrible, and could only ever do the more common combos, but it was so much fun. ugh. i loved xband. it was so much simpler back then.
    but xband with KI and SSF2 (and a little doom) was the most fun i've ever had playing online.

I played one game of Doom on Xband, and somehow I won. I had no idea what was going on though.

For those of you who are wondering what Doom looked like on the SNES Xband, someone posted a couple of videos on YouTube:

• CrayfishCrayfish Oro of the FGC Joined: Posts: 810
    Very cool, I remeber hearing about Xband from the US peeps here. Cool to see DreamTR's name up there, sure he'd get a kcik out of this thread.
  • pheraipherai LIVE FOREVER Joined: Posts: 11,879 mod
    RIP Tips and Tricks
    pherai gouki dated gwen stefani in HighSchool. Thats why today she likes all things Japan. smokin.gif
  • SaBrESaBrE BAI BAI Joined: Posts: 4,495 mod
    good ole xband memories.

i was cyber crip on xband. (haha gangsta!!!)

and i own wizard! he has fucking tapes of ki matches, but wont release em. jerk! of course he will tell fools i swapped. yet its funny, he appears on the list with seifert(another local) at the same time

$avage death. haha, thats a name i will always remember from back then. good shit man.

lol at magnus zhor. 600+ wins in 1 week. that guy sucked so much. that was king cheater
    AZ fighting game crew, team hAZmat

www.teamhazmataz.com

www.twitch.tv/teamhazmat
    Good call Sabre. I remember seeing your name in the KI National Rankings a hell of a lot.

KI National Rankings from May 13, 1996
    Photos from XBAND | Facebook
  • TheGodOfPezTheGodOfPez Random select ftw. Joined: Posts: 1,393
    This is incredible... I was SouL SteaLer X and KoMbAtGoD-tEk- on SNES XBand :) Fucking memories, man. I used to write Nation X News, which had a fuckton of readers. *sigh* I still have my modem stored away in a box somewhere. Dream Theater > everybody else who ever played on XBand. I'm proud to say that Jason's been kicking my ass in fighting games since 1995 lolol. Old school ftmfw :) He, my good friend SphiNX, and WaRGoD were the only players that were better than me in MK2. I also (legitimately) cracked Top 10 in NBA Jam TE, KI and UMK3. Xband = <3

Massive props to xband411 for putting this together :)
    <Yoga fire on deck>
    "That's the word up, you get hurt up." - Onyx
    "A Sim win feels so much better to me than any other." - ed1371
    Real eyes realize real lies.
    He, my good friend SphiNX, and WaRGoD were the only players that were better than me in MK2.

Based upon his Video Game Reel video up on YouTube, Sphinx was a force to be reckoned with during the days of Xband and still is today!

haha soul stealer. haha i remember talking to you guys via the hacked voice mail skytel shit. i think we talked on the phone a couple times right?

yeah you guys raped me at mk2. i couldnt play it well on xband =(

xband was the best. cheating or not. its awesomeness still resonates with me, even with advancements like xbl, psn, ggpo. i still think nothing matches the charm ox xband!!!

www.teamhazmataz.com

www.twitch.tv/teamhazmat
    haha soul stealer. haha i remember talking to you guys via the hacked voice mail skytel shit. i think we talked on the phone a couple times right?

yeah you guys raped me at mk2. i couldnt play it well on xband =(

xband was the best. cheating or not. its awesomeness still resonates with me, even with advancements like xbl, psn, ggpo. i still think nothing matches the charm ox xband!!!

Lol @ Skytel. Dude, us XBanders systematically crumbled that empire. That was back when pagers were hot hahaha. I miss my adolescence :( I talked to a ton of people on that thing, so there's a good chance we talked :D I sent out a bunch of broadcasts too. I couldn't agree more that nothing matched the charm of XBand. I even remember my XBand password on my SNES controller (X,B,B,A,B,Y --- for XB, baby!)

It truly is a shame that XBand never took off... you guys remember resetting the modem so you wouldn't get charged for Nationwide games? lol
    <Yoga fire on deck>
  • RoGE9RoGE9 Joined: Posts: 1,686
    heh, this actually seems pretty interesting to me, how was the match making? Did it just randomly make you fight someone all the time?
    heh, this actually seems pretty interesting to me, how was the match making? Did it just randomly make you fight someone all the time?

You could go up against a specific person on your Players List (there was room for 10 people), or you could be matched to a random opponent either locally or Nationwide if you paid for the premium service.
    haha soul stealer. haha i remember talking to you guys via the hacked voice mail skytel shit.

Skytel! *haha* Those hacked voice mail boxes were great! I got a ton of them from some dude out in San Fran named A Warriors Dream.

And it was fun recording the tone dialing, translating the tones to numbers, and using the nationwide service to call each other on Xband's dime. We'd have around 9 to 12 people on the line thanks to most people having 3-way calling. Good times.
  • rsigleyrsigley Joined: Posts: 3,834
    lol at magnus zhor. 600+ wins in 1 week. that guy sucked so much. that was king cheater

yea i remember winning a prize for beating him when they had some monthly champions thing and he lost like 13 times in 2 hours or something

everyone said he had 2 snes and would just swap wins. i remember one week he had like 900 wins in madden (before everyone knew about the hit reset as you're connecting to get more wins trick) because if you committed 4 penalties in a row you'd get an auto loss so he must of sat there for a week doing that

i had some stupid 11 year old kid name like moon jump but then i changed it to grail nbk even though i wasn't in their xband gang

xband almost got me and my friend killed too when we went to baltimore on a bus to hang out with some people we met playing doom/mario kart and didn't realize baltimore was a ghetto and not a place for 13 year old kids
    I'm the black Timberlake in black Timberlands

I still crack the block up like Meet the Browns

i had the keyboard and sold it to some guy for $200 cause they only made like 100 of them a month before they went out of business. good times

free long distance phone calls too recording the # and playing it back into a skytel pager. think that's one of the reasons they went out of business

xband almost got me and my friend killed too when we went to baltimore on a bus to hang out with some people we met playing doom/mario kart and didn't realize baltimore was a ghetto and not a place for 13 year old kids

Haha! That's crazy! I knew some guys from Westminster, MD. Back then we were feuding (x-mail bombs, calling their house collect to cause lag or disconnections during their games, etc), but now we get along just fine. Xband beefs were hilarious.
  • SweetJohnnyVSweetJohnnyV Streets ahead! Joined: Posts: 1,981 mod
    Man, I still regret not playing on xband back then. I don't know why I never hooked that up :sad:
    xband beef was hardcore. fools were out to kill eachother. before all this keyboard/internet commando shit tookover.

man i know i had my fair share.

gotta love the xband clans that were made. i was only in one clan tho, during my time on xband. didnt need another one, we were too strong in KI. (U*D) all day, until virus left and it went to crap. But thats when xband was coming to an end. while it seemed like other clans grew and fell weekly. NBK lasting the longest of all of them.

rsigley: i remember lord gamegod raping the shit out of magnus zhor during that "beat a pro" contest or whatever it was that xband held. where you log on at a specific time and you randomly get paired up with him. beat the fuck down!

haha good times

www.teamhazmataz.com

www.twitch.tv/teamhazmat
    It makes perfect sense! Magnus Zhor has a 10 minute video of his Xband rankings, but not one second shows any of his actual game play. *LOL*

Hey, did any of you MK players play against some guys from NYC in a group called P.I.? Finster, Negative Creep, Sheer Terror, and Death News. Those guys were some of the biggest characters I knew up on Xband, but I have no idea if they were any good at gaming.
    some of them used to play umk3 on xbox live when it first came out and weren't that good.

all i remember though was they were decent in mk2 but they used mileena so not really hard to be good there

they used to have a funny website on geocities but it disappeared.

i was lucky enough that nyc was local to me so had tons of mk/ki competition locally and on genesis tons of nhl/madden/sf

i remember one time too my friend beat some good guy on nationwide, forget who. does the infinite win trick like 90 times to get his ranking super high and they ended up charging him 450 nation wide minutes [what was it $3.95 for 60 minutes? i forget] for his 5 minute match haha

• KayinNasakiKayinNasaki HF Lariet? Pfft! Joined: Posts: 323
    Oh man, I was just going to post in the regional thread if anyone from NYC or Long Island used XBand. I was wondering if I could track anyone down from when I played Mortal Kombat 2 back then. When I was 12. And thought the name "CoolKid11" or something was a good idea.

Goodness, was I an entertainingly scrubby scrub.

Anyways Xband411 (also thanks for keeping a lot of this information alive), I never heard of any of those names, but I'm also not sure if NYC matches would have been considered local at the time.
    Sounds like a load of HURFDURF!
  • pharcyd3pharcyd3 Joined: Posts: 14
    This is really interesting to me. I had no idea such a service existed back then and if I knew I'd probably be hopelessly addicted

funny side note about that magnus character - if you look at his youtube channel he's a furry with fursuit and all....weird

also i dunno if anyone still buys video games, but if you want to play super famicon games on snes xband acts as a converter for some reason.

since the xband was always plugged in ]just flick the switch up and play game normally] and game went on top we didn't even realize you couldn't play famicom games on snes until we took it to a friends house one day

• caliagent#3caliagent#3 Caliagent Bobblehead Joined: Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I remember a guy named Vincent Delpino who always managed to beat me with Ryu every time. I fucking hate Ryu because of that guy.

He plays on XBL. Can't remember which games, but i ran into him a while back.
    Whiff your entire SOUL into c.MK in 3S.
    Footsies guide: www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbpXplP_WFE
  • studtrooperstudtrooper Super Turbo Joined: Posts: 3,125
    also i dunno if anyone still buys video games, but if you want to play super famicon games on snes xband acts as a converter for some reason.

It's because Nintendo used only physical methods for region restrictions back then. When you try to put a jap SNES or N64 game into a US system it won't fit due to the different grooves on the jap cart. Same deal for trying to play US SNES games on jap systems. Game Genie also could be used as a pass-through workaround if I remember right.
    ST/HDR/USF2: Honda/Rog/O.Hawk | USF4: Bison | SFV: Ryu :(
    XBL: mr x64 | PSN: deadpool_zero | SFV: epistaxis64
    GGPO/Fightcade: x64
  • JIVE TURKEY JONESJIVE TURKEY JONES Aegis Connoisseur Joined: Posts: 992
    xband beef was hardcore. fools were out to kill eachother. before all this keyboard/internet commando shit tookover.

man i know i had my fair share.
    Man, you ain't kidding. Remember Mindboggle Arcade? (lol good times man) Anywho... I think I was in the 8th grade at this time. Some guy with long hair, all black clothes, rocker type... walks in with a baseball bat and confonts some other guy. Asking if he's DeathRipper84 or something like that. Asks him why he sent him a message telling him to "fuck off". (and it's clear from the "conversation" that he has been sending other harassing messages) Waves the bat in his face. Guy was about to go to town on this poor kid. And I mean that. It really was just a kid. They person being confronted was about 12 years old. lol

I remember a cop showing up. Angry rocker was arrested. And then the kids dad yelling at him, telling him that's not why he bought him the "in'tendo". Also told the kid he was grounded, and that he was throwing his "in'tendo" into the garbage as soon as they got home.

I wish I knew how angry rocker knew this kid was gonna be at the mall. I assume the kid told him, but just doesn't seem likely since he was going to be with his parents. Or maybe that was more the reason to do it? Figured the guy wouldn't do anything since his parents would be present? Who knows.

What I do know though, is that I learned "the innernetz was serious bidness!!1!1!" before I even knew what the internet really was. lol When his dad said "in'tendo", I assumed he meant "nintendo". So from there I assumed Xband. It was confirmed when the cops were taking statements, and the kids dad tells the cop that his son apparently sent the guy messages that made him mad through Xband. Cop asks, "what's Xband?" ... don't remember much after that, since I was pretty much leaving at that point. So many awesome memories in that place.

Jive Out!
    It's because Nintendo used only physical methods for region restrictions back then. When you try to put a jap SNES or N64 game into a US system it won't fit due to the different grooves on the jap cart. Same deal for trying to play US SNES games on jap systems. Game Genie also could be used as a pass-through workaround if I remember right.

ah that makes sense. i almost wish it didn't because the famicon game was some dbz fighting game my friend was obsessed with (he used to pay $30 to import 10th generation vhs tapes of 4 episodes of dbz in the mid 90s before it was popular) and every time we hung out he wanted to play the fighting game non stop and i hated it ha

I found a blog written by David Ashley, who was a game cracker for Xband/Catapult back in 1995. He's the guy who hacked SSF2 to make it playable via Xband. He wrote a post about his days at Xband if anyone cares to read it:

David Ashley: Some XBAND Recollections

The best part was when he mentions how there was a bug in SSF2 that was being exploited when it first became playable on Xband:
    There was one "bug" in my hack that they found, players could hit the start button and go to the configuration menu and fix it so the other player was played by the computer, and from that point on the other player could only watch helplessly as he was defeated. We thought that was hilarious when we found out about it -- some XBAND players had complained, that's how we found out of the exploit
  • deadfrogdeadfrog Joined: Joined: Posts: 6,787
    Haha! That's crazy! I knew some guys from Westminster, MD. Back then we were feuding (x-mail bombs, calling their house collect to cause lag or disconnections during their games, etc), but now we get along just fine. Xband beefs were hilarious.
    When I was 12. And thought the name "CoolKid11" was a good idea.
    The best part was when he mentions how there was a bug in SSF2 that was being exploited when it first became playable on Xband:
    There was one "bug" in my hack that they found, players could hit the start button and go to the configuration menu and fix it so the other player was played by the computer, and from that point on the other player could only watch helplessly as he was defeated.

this thread is awesome
  • MuT3SiL3Nc3MuT3SiL3Nc3 Joined: Posts: 625
    hey look, im on there a couple times for Ki. :) Now i know im old :P
    Playin' piano! Rawr!
  • IchipooIchipoo Not in front of the mirror, it's embarrassing <3 Joined: Posts: 2,532
    This entire thread was a good read, especially the "Xband beef" part. :lol:

I had no idea the 16 bit console era had an online service, I've heard of Gameboys being able to connect to a phone so you can play Pokemon against someone else but not this. And by watching the vids, it was amazing how it all played out, it certainly must've been considered advanced at its time.

It's also cool how some of the top players in the lists are here in SRK right now, you guys must be in your late 20s/early 30s?
    *insert generic shiny, glowy, and heavily photoshopped animu sig here*
    https://twitter.com/lchipoo
    I fucked with the P.I. (Politically Incorrect) squad from N.Y. for a looooooooooong time. Sheer Terror (Rich) was actually pretty cool in the beginning, then he thought he was XBand's martyr. Heh. They were garbage at MK2, and only marginally good at UMK3. Lol @ Magnus Zhor. I remember playing Fr00t L00p (Todd) in NBA Jam TE... speaking of which, NBA Jam comes out for 360 next month lol.. boomshakalaka, bitches.
    <Yoga fire on deck>
    I fucked with the P.I. (Politically Incorrect) squad from N.Y. for a looooooooooong time. Sheer Terror (Rich) was actually pretty cool in the beginning, then he thought he was XBand's martyr. Heh. They were garbage at MK2, and only marginally good at UMK3. Lol @ Magnus Zhor. I remember playing Fr00t L00p (Todd) in NBA Jam TE... speaking of which, NBA Jam comes out for 360 next month lol.. boomshakalaka, bitches.

Hey man, did you ever talk to an XBander in Orlando named oL DoGG? I think his name was Phil. I'm not sure what games he used to play, but he was a cool guy back in the day. I might have met him playing NBA Jam TE or something.
  • JIVE TURKEY JONESJIVE TURKEY JONES Aegis Connoisseur Joined: Posts: 992
    ah that makes sense. i almost wish it didn't because the famicon game was some dbz fighting game my friend was obsessed with (he used to pay $30 to import 10th generation vhs tapes of 4 episodes of dbz in the mid 90s before it was popular) and every time we hung out he wanted to play the fighting game non stop and i hated it ha
    lol I had a friend like that.

Even if he didn't have xband/gamegenie... nothing would have changed. He would have still been playing the game all the time due to the "quick mod". Studtroooper already explained the bypass was physical, so I'll just quickly elaborate and explain what your friend could have done. (and what most people did lol)

Here are the bottom views of Super Famicom, and Super Nintendo (USA) cartridges. Top is jap, bottom is USA.
    http://apecape.ewell.me/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/800px-SNES_Cartridge_Comparison_bottom1.jpg

See those grooves on the bottom of the USA cartridge? That's where the USA console's "lockout pins" went that Studtrooper mentioned. USA console "lockout pins" can be seen below:
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v453/KuroMatsuri/tabs.jpg

As Studtrooper mentioned, Since Jap version cartridges didn't have those grooves, they wouldn't fit into the console slot properly. (They sat too high to be read by the USA console.)

People simply took a pair of pliers, gripped the plastic pins, one quick twist... and voila. Region lock bypassed. lol The pins were rather soft. Later, Nintendo made the pins with a stronger plastic, so people just simply heated the pliers to counter that. Cut through like they were butter.

Jive Out!
  • NocturnalNocturnal SNK Supporter Joined: Posts: 2,977 mod
    snip
    That brings me back when I used to work at a comic book shop. This guy had his Snes modded that way so he could play all the import jap games on it. Good times.
    youtube channel = jaimedl
    twitch channel = jaimedl
    twitter = NocturnalSRK
    Hey man, did you ever talk to an XBander in Orlando named oL DoGG? I think his name was Phil. I'm not sure what games he used to play, but he was a cool guy back in the day. I might have met him playing NBA Jam TE or something.

Lol, yup. I hung out with Phil for a lil' bit after the Xband scene died down. That was my dude! I wonder what the fuck he's up to nowadays? And yup, he was a TE player. I also hung out with a dude named Joe, who was awesome at KI, and his Xband tag was aL cOhoLic X
    <Yoga fire on deck>
  • CatalystCatalyst For all your supernatural elimination needs. Joined: Posts: 120 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Good god...I spent a TON of time on XBand. I was ShadowCat on there, and only used Cammy on SSF2. Never knowing who you'd get matched up with was like high drama back then.
    XBL: Catalyst
    PSN: CanyonSplitter
    CFN: Catalyst

SFV: Necalli, Alex, Cammy
    USF4: T.Hawk, Dan, Cammy
    SF3 3S: Q, Sean
    SFA3: T.Hawk, Dan, Cammy

• TheGlowTheGlow Inverted Reverse Fall-away Master Joined: Posts: 900 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Rise from your grave!
    Wow, yea this crap comes to haunt me every now and then. I was banging in NYC area on snes mk2 and KI as
    Son Gokuo.
    Skytel brings back mems. last i checked 3 years ago one of my boxes was still up. My greeting there but password was changed. TheWarlock was the one that started that shit with Tenryu. I still talk to them, Tenryu puts out prank calls as GuyFromBrooklyn now.
    Wow Nation X News. I dont recall but if that was the one wit the occasional MK2 hack n what not, I was brought in later as page 4 or some crap.
    And I had the keyboard. I heard they stopped making em when people would use Mario World just for chat. it took longer to type on a controller so they got more mins outta people.
    Lol, yup. I hung out with Phil for a lil' bit after the Xband scene died down. That was my dude! I wonder what the fuck he's up to nowadays? And yup, he was a TE player. I also hung out with a dude named Joe, who was awesome at KI, and his Xband tag was aL cOhoLic X

Hey man, Phil (oL Dogg) showed up on the XBand Facebook group that we have. Drop by if you want to say "hi".

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_18698714136

do any of the OG's have any VHS sessions of some of these battles? I want to see what online looked like back then.

I just received a DVD from a former Xbander named Nothingness that has tons of SSF2 footage from the Sega Genesis Xband. I just uploaded the first match, which is between him and The Master Jon:

• PointBreak91PointBreak91 Custom costumes for SFV please Cap Joined: Posts: 666
    The game never changes, only the players.

TriaxTurboTouch360Controller.jpg

But seriously, hardcore pictures and clips, thanks for sharing the memories :tup:
    twitch.tv/nyc_vf
  • PorkNBeansPorkNBeans Joined: Posts: 1
    I was Mid-Knight Lover from Hoboken.